Author Topic: Gatwick Chaos due to Drones  (Read 14491 times)

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Gatwick Chaos due to Drones
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2018, 06:32:15 pm »
Maybe there was a bit of dirt on the windscreen of a plane.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2018, 07:02:01 pm »
But what was that footage they kept showing of a drone?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2018, 07:04:40 pm »
Think it was the bbc...

Doesnt mean it’s anything to do with the drones that might have been spooking Gatwick mind you..

Edit:  here you go.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46665615

Sound, was just wondering if it'd been a rumour from twitter or the like.

Still seems bizarre that they talk about 50 sightings, and then say "maybe there never was one".
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2018, 09:27:37 pm »
Its all turning into a conspiracy theorists wet dream.

Sky News
‏Verified account @SkyNews

Birmingham Airport flights suspended due to air traffic control fault

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: December 23, 2018, 10:34:24 pm »
Evening Standard: Gatwick drone latest: Police say it is 'a possibility there was never a drone'.

Laughable.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2018, 10:42:11 pm »

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2018, 11:13:13 pm »
Mail on Sunday, 23rd of December 2018

Daily Mail, 24th of December 2018

Spot the difference.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 24, 2018, 04:58:47 am »
Same can't be said abar the drones.

;D

Nick would have been proud of that one Chops...
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2018, 09:13:43 am »
Mail on Sunday, 23rd of December 2018

Daily Mail, 24th of December 2018

Spot the difference.
You're seeing the two different editors there -- Ted Verity, Mail on Sunday, one of Paul Dacre's acolytes; Geordie Greig, Daily Mail, brought into the fold after Lady Rothermere met him on the London social scene and warmed to his weird sycophantic style. (He doesn't turn it on for anyone lower on the social scale, believe me.) Lady R was embarrassed by Dacre and her friends' reaction to his Mail antics, and eventually she won the war.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 24, 2018, 09:28:50 am »
Funny, you could reverse those two headlines and they'd work much better.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #170 on: December 24, 2018, 10:27:55 am »
Why is the queen clueless?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: December 24, 2018, 10:38:52 am »
Funny, you could reverse those two headlines and they'd work much better.
A joke, perhaps? :)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2018, 11:31:47 am »
So, do we now ban imaginary drones?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2018, 01:16:00 pm »

No. Only the 92 real ones which caused near misses in 2017.

And maybe if Grayling got off his arse the risks would be minimised.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2018, 05:36:40 pm »
Russia...
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2018, 08:46:32 pm »

No, what we do to stop the people flying them illegally is make them illegal zones even biglier and restrict the exemption areas which people are flying in illegally already. That'll teach them! It'll be the most biggest illegal zone, they'll have to think twice before illegally flying them again as it'll be illegal now so they won't dare.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 25, 2018, 01:46:24 am »

Because she's led a sheltered and privileged life with an education that focused more on how to act as a monarch than how to act like a human being.

But that's not important right now, back to the drones.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 29, 2018, 04:23:44 pm »
A suggestion by a senior Sussex police officer that there may have been no drones was later dismissed as a "miscommunication".

Mr York said police received 115 reports of sightings, including 92 confirmed as coming from "credible people".

However, he admitted that police drones launched to investigate could have caused "some level of confusion".

Mr York revealed two drones found by police near the airport had now been ruled out of causing the disruption, which saw flights cancelled or diverted.

Despite searches of 26 potential sites, he said: "I don't think we have found the drone responsible."

However, he said he was "absolutely certain that there was a drone flying throughout the period that the airport was closed".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-46709353

So it's possible the only drones involved were police ones that were searching for themselves?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #178 on: January 7, 2019, 04:56:33 pm »
https://www.thejournal.ie/gatwick-couple-drone-2-4413494-Dec2018/ regarding the daily fail here that is an absolute disgrace

put them up to be shot at and then they are found innocent

they practically hung them out to dry here

they should sue
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 8, 2019, 05:58:34 pm »
And now Heathrow has this problem, thank god we have Chris Grayling who will sort this all out

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 8, 2019, 06:01:49 pm »
And now Heathrow has this problem, thank god we have Chris Grayling who will sort this all out
FFS I'm flying through Heathrow on Thursday, wouldn't surprise me if it was still going on then.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 8, 2019, 06:06:00 pm »
FFS I'm flying through Heathrow on Thursday, wouldn't surprise me if it was still going on then.
i am next week from the states, expecting this shit to continue then

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #182 on: January 8, 2019, 06:07:12 pm »
Excellent news.  Will keep things quiet tonight.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 8, 2019, 06:11:23 pm »
Excellent news.  Will keep things quiet tonight.

They are still landing, which flightpath are you on?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 8, 2019, 06:12:50 pm »
They are still landing, which flightpath are you on?

Bollocks.  That’s killed me.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 8, 2019, 06:21:08 pm »
Bollocks.  That’s killed me.

When I first started in IT in 2001, I had to do a week at Computer Associates in Slough. Got put in a hotel in Datchet, fucking hell, trying to get asleep with 747 after 747 taking off was a nightmare. Ended up moving to another hotel in Becconsfield.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 8, 2019, 06:25:51 pm »
Yeah I’m not far from datchet
W

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #187 on: January 8, 2019, 06:46:19 pm »
You softies! Lived a mile away from the airport directly under the Heathrow flight path (close enough that planes would even rip tiles from our roof!) for 35 years and never lost a nights sleep because of the noise. It’s amazing what you can be acclimatised to.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 8, 2019, 06:49:59 pm »
Coming soon to Manchester: THE DRONE. Directed by Theresa May.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 8, 2019, 07:13:44 pm »
Who would have thought plans to make drone usage even more illegal to stop people who illegally fly them hasn't stopped people illegally flying them. I'm shocked to my very core.

We should make them even more illegal now. Saying that by the looks of the Gatwick mess all you need to do to shut it down is call in a sightings of one. Literally no one can prove you are not seeing it until they get there.... hmmmm...... What airport are city flying out of for their next away match?  ;D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #190 on: January 8, 2019, 10:46:53 pm »
You softies! Lived a mile away from the airport directly under the Heathrow flight path (close enough that planes would even rip tiles from our roof!) for 35 years and never lost a nights sleep because of the noise. It’s amazing what you can be acclimatised to.

My future wife lived in Bedfont in the seventies in a tower block double glazing was good though, and yes you do get used to planes flying around all the time .
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #191 on: January 9, 2019, 08:52:39 am »
stayed near Gatwick a few times and didnt find planes a problem

when i wanted a kip i just fired a drone up in the air. peace and quiet for the rest of the night then
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #192 on: January 9, 2019, 04:20:47 pm »
Canada is developing laws to be in effect this summer requiring drone users to register their devices and take some basic online training. There will also be regulations on where and when they can be used
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/drones-aviation-garneau-regulations-1.4970750

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: November 5, 2019, 09:45:08 am »
Drone registration made compulsory as UK scheme launches

Users must sit online test and pay annual fee of £9 to join register or face £1,000 fine

Drone users in the UK must now sit an online test and pay a £9 annual fee or face a £1,000 fine after the launch of a mandatory national registration scheme on Tuesday.

Owners are obliged to identify and label all drones by 30 November, and operators must pass a test about legal and safe usage before they can fly them.

The Civil Aviation Authority estimates that about 130,000 people will have to pay and register by the end of the month.

All drones weighing more than 250g, which encompasses virtually all but the smallest toys, must be registered and labelled with a unique licence number. This means they will have to be grounded to identify their owners, but in future it could be done remotely or while drones are in the air. Some models already have transmitters that would enable that.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/05/drone-registration-made-compulsory-as-uk-scheme-launches

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: November 5, 2019, 10:38:00 am »
No plan to compel any of the 130,000 people (assuming it's more drones than that, considering the wording) to register - another hilarious attempt at regulation from this incompetent government

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #195 on: November 5, 2019, 10:44:03 am »
No plan to compel any of the 130,000 people (assuming it's more drones than that, considering the wording) to register - another hilarious attempt at regulation from this incompetent government

It’s a mandatory requirement with a fine if you do not do so and are caught.

Not sure how else you’d compel unknown owners to register them other than that.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #196 on: November 5, 2019, 11:08:44 am »
Drone registration made compulsory as UK scheme launches

Users must sit online test and pay annual fee of £9 to join register or face £1,000 fine

Drone users in the UK must now sit an online test and pay a £9 annual fee or face a £1,000 fine after the launch of a mandatory national registration scheme on Tuesday.

Owners are obliged to identify and label all drones by 30 November, and operators must pass a test about legal and safe usage before they can fly them.

The Civil Aviation Authority estimates that about 130,000 people will have to pay and register by the end of the month.

All drones weighing more than 250g, which encompasses virtually all but the smallest toys, must be registered and labelled with a unique licence number. This means they will have to be grounded to identify their owners, but in future it could be done remotely or while drones are in the air. Some models already have transmitters that would enable that.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/05/drone-registration-made-compulsory-as-uk-scheme-launches

I'm not particularly animated about this and don't have a drone, but I think this is another case of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut; more nanny-statism.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #197 on: November 5, 2019, 11:14:11 am »

I'm not particularly animated about this and don't have a drone, but I think this is another case of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut; more nanny-statism.

I'll add that if the aim is to eradicate the possibility of people using them to cause trouble or disruption, then it simply won't work. Those intent on using them maliciously simply won't register.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #198 on: November 5, 2019, 11:18:34 am »
I'll add that if the aim is to eradicate the possibility of people using them to cause trouble or disruption, then it simply won't work. Those intent on using them maliciously simply won't register.

I’m assuming all drones purchased from now on will require registering at point of purchase (so ID provided, etc) - so should hopefully make it somewhat harder to use them to cause trouble / disruption.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #199 on: November 5, 2019, 11:24:14 am »
It’s a mandatory requirement with a fine if you do not do so and are caught.

Not sure how else you’d compel unknown owners to register them other than that.

The Canadian governmemt introduced a similar scheme last year, which became effective a few months ago