5 (4.2%)
Great
21 (17.6%)
OK
27 (22.7%)
Shite
64 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 119

Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn : RAWK Decides!  (Read 41568 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Jeremy Corbyn : RAWK Decides!
« on: October 31, 2018, 07:19:46 pm »
This is more of a general feeling. I've got some friends in Liverpool that are very, very Corbyn and some that are very, very not.

Let's see what RAWK thinks.

No nasty shite or bollocks or Tory thankyouverymuch
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jeremy Corbyn : RAWK Decides!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 07:33:07 pm »
This is more of a general feeling. I've got some friends in Liverpool that are very, very Corbyn and some that are very, very not.

Let's see what RAWK thinks.

No nasty shite or bollocks or Tory thankyouverymuch

Says the fella who added Tory as an option.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 07:37:55 pm »

Says the fella who added Tory as an option.

Tis important - talk me through how that voting option isn't?

I'm trying to garner the idea of what Labour voters think. Sorry if that's a bit complicated for you..

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 07:38:43 pm »
And it starts.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 07:39:04 pm »
This will not end well.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 07:40:35 pm »
This will not end well.

It hasn't even started well. :D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 07:44:09 pm »
Tis important - talk me through how that voting option isn't?

I'm trying to garner the idea of what Labour voters think. Sorry if that's a bit complicated for you..

Have you been in a bunker for the past 2yrs ?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 07:48:13 pm »
When you say they’re ‘very, very Corbyn’ that just means ‘very, very shite’ right?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 08:00:10 pm »
When you say they’re ‘very, very Corbyn’ that just means ‘very, very shite’ right?

No they think he's great and are fairly annoyed that I might think otherwise.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 08:02:28 pm »
So for me its quite complicated.

I voted Corbyn in both leadership contests - because it was a case of voting for the least centrist candidate available - all the others with the exception of  Burnham in hindsight didn't appeal to me.

However the whole shambles of Brexit and how the leadership has dealt with it has turned me pretty lukewarm at best - and at worse damn right hostile - his cabinet doesn't help to be honest. How the fuck is Williamson in the fucking cabinet. FML.

I've renounced my party membership for now - however I can't for the life of me see myself voting any other way for the foreseeable future - unless the SNP start fielding candidates.

And for the record, I'm very much a Rip-Up-The-Union sort of person. If only to be piss off the blue-tinted c*nts down here.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 08:06:28 pm »
He’s better than May, Johnson, Bolsonaro and Trump - so count me in (voted “ok” He’d get a jolly big “Great” vote off me like if he was at all for the EU)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 08:16:00 pm »

Have you been in a bunker for the past 2yrs ?

Talk me through it then. I am/was a Labour voter. My family are. My friends are. My City is. But with Corbyn and Brexit everything is changed.

I know I'm a bit fucking thick like - but you seem to have all the answers and seem to know how we all feel. Pray do tell.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 08:17:41 pm »
Talk me through it then. I am/was a Labour voter. My family are. My friends are. My City is. But with Corbyn and Brexit everything is changed.

I know I'm a bit fucking thick like - but you seem to have all the answers and seem to know how we all feel. Pray do tell.

You have bent over backwards to try to get on board with Corbin love train ...  no one has tried harder...

And yet he didn’t take..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 08:37:11 pm »
I voted Labour/Corbyn in the last GE.  His non opposition to Brexit is annoying, but other than that I think hes quite sound

I think hes the most votable leader since John Smith

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 08:38:34 pm »
I support his whole platform pretty much. But cannot forgive him for brexit.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2018, 09:04:40 pm »
Think he’s wrong in terms of brexit. Voted for him once would vote again and would love to see him win a GE, but.... in my opinion he and his cabinet are so way off the pace in reaching out to the stupid middle voter that unless with a massive pr change he will never sway enough votes and against what is the most awful, thick as shit not to mention deceitful government I can remember, that is unfortunately a barometer for how shit he is doing in gaining the votes we need.

In that respect if I had the choice I’d change him as leader tomorrow along with his cabinet. All that said when you have the shitrags fully against you it’s a very tough battle for anyone, but unfortunately that is the world and unless we get a leader that is more pr friendly this shit stain of a government that is there for the taking will continue.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 09:08:33 pm »
Utter shite on every level, a Sumatran tiger would do a better job

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2018, 09:10:17 pm »
He is ok.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2018, 09:12:24 pm »
Don't have much issue with his overall platform but have 3 major issues:

1) Brexit policy (deserves a vote for Shite for this alone)
2) Ignorance (wilful or otherwise) on Scottish politics
3) General incompetence

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2018, 09:27:39 pm »
Collosal incompetence and ineptitude.  Thinks just saying something makes it happen.  Totally incapable of leadership, decision making or thinking on his feet.  Thick, facilitates racism in his party, absolutely celebrated violent terrorists, conspiracy theorist of the worst kind.  Fixed mind set with no nuance, inflexible, has no idea how politics works, thin skinned and crabby, huge euroskeptic, took large amounts of money from media sources which were banned, never had a proper job, lost an election against the worst government for decades...

Voted great
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2018, 09:28:50 pm »
Everyone's waiting on him shuffling off back to full time advocacy for causes he does believe in again. There's a good case to be made by a centre left opposition party. Corbyn's actually done well to try and make parts of it. But Labour are still back to waiting for total economic collapse in order to have a chance at winning a general election. Would be more at peace at this process needing to play out but for the corrosive elements who've once more lodged themselves within the Labour movement. Goes down a treat to see the old Respect crowd getting in the 'I've just discovered I'm Jewish and I love Jeremy' wonders to try and Jewsplain to the local synagogues.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2018, 10:34:49 pm »
RAWK seems to be full of Tories and Blairites for a while.

Luckily its the nation that will decide. 

Jeremy has totally changed British Politics if it wasn't for him there would be NO talk of an end to austerity it would be carrying on with Blairite backing

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nVVNT1262FY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nVVNT1262FY</a>
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:39:13 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2018, 10:37:20 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nVVNT1262FY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nVVNT1262FY</a>

I thought you said that Blairites weren't the problem ?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 10:39:56 pm »

Jeremy has totally changed British Politics if it wasn't for him there would be NO talk of an end to austerity it would be carrying on with Blairite backing

Name them.
W

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 10:58:13 pm »

You are deranged.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 10:58:32 pm »
They did. He lost.

indeed now we have labour supporting Tory tax cuts for the rich!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:01:31 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2018, 10:59:38 pm »

It's perhaps unfortunate, but  these days, whenever I see references to that rather sad Oh Jeremy Corbyn thing, I instead imagine it sounding more like the 'Oi! Have a banana' bit from the Cockerney music hall song 'Let's All Go Down The Strand', a bit like Jo Brand and her suggestion for an Abu Qatada theme tune.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2018, 11:14:49 pm »
Just to give some wider context, because it's boring seeing this called a 'Rawk thing', of Labour voters from 2017 general election asked to choose between May, Corbyn, and don't know:

53% said Corbyn would be the better PM
10% said May is the better PM
35% couldn't pick between them

Working class voters (ie C2DE)

39% couldn't pick between the two
35% said May is the best PM
23% said Corbyn would be the better PM

People who intend to vote Labour at the next general election

68% reckon Corbyn would be the better PM
3% reckon May is the better PM
27% can't choose between them

(Yougov, 22/23 October 2018, pdf)

« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 11:34:43 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2018, 11:35:33 pm »

So what would you class me as?

Online J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2018, 11:42:55 pm »

State of his bedroom

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 11:48:32 pm »
Voted ok. If he ever voted for Remain it'd go to Great
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #31 on: November 1, 2018, 06:13:55 am »

The version sung at the People’s Vote March is better.

Where was Islington North MP Jeremy Corbyn when 700,000 people marched against Brexit?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #32 on: November 1, 2018, 06:50:50 am »
I've said before that I always use my mum as a representative bellweather of "Middle England". She doesn't like the Tories much but can't stand Corbyn; he's "too scruffy" to be PM, he wouldn't "press the button" if Russia launched nukes, and the people he's got in shadow cabinet are "awful".

I do have a lot of sympathy for his platform, but he'll never be in a position to implement it so what does it matter*? Opinion of public polling has obviously taken a battering in the last few years, but to not be ahead of the current shambles of a Tory Govt. is almost criminal.

*Even if support for the Tories collapsed to the highest potential degree, without Scotland Labour will not form a majority government and so would have to go into coalition with somebody, which would potentially dilute the vision of the socialist utopia we'd be moving into.

"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 1, 2018, 07:09:38 am »
I've said before that I always use my mum as a representative bellweather of "Middle England". She doesn't like the Tories much but can't stand Corbyn; he's "too scruffy" to be PM, he wouldn't "press the button" if Russia launched nukes, and the people he's got in shadow cabinet are "awful".

I do have a lot of sympathy for his platform, but he'll never be in a position to implement it so what does it matter*? Opinion of public polling has obviously taken a battering in the last few years, but to not be ahead of the current shambles of a Tory Govt. is almost criminal.

*Even if support for the Tories collapsed to the highest potential degree, without Scotland Labour will not form a majority government and so would have to go into coalition with somebody, which would potentially dilute the vision of the socialist utopia we'd be moving into.

Its really just the EU thing rather than the way he looks and his nuclear policy which is why people hate him on here though. Having said that, previous bias comes into the debate when talking about Corbyn.

The problem is it seems to me people on here are yearning for something that would do just as bad of even worse. The other candidats Corbyn faced the first time out were atrocious.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 1, 2018, 07:43:24 am »
I voted Ok. No problems with his nuclear policy, the money spent would be better spent elsewhere and as far as I'm concerned the Americans decide if we can fire or not. If Putin wanted, he would just launch an invasion and take us anyway. I also support his taking back the railways as the franchises expire. A professionally ran service, with no shareholders to pay, would make massive differences to how people commute.

However, I cannot forgive him for Brexit. Even if he wants us out of the EU, the current process will do nothing but harm, he knows this, so why is he standing there like a wet lettuce doing fuck all? I've said it before, a decent opposition would destroy May and her shower. Politicians like John Smith or Blair would be 35 to 40 pts at least ahead of this shower, they would have spent the last 2 years getting a water tight case for why this is wrong and would unload on the Tories and destroy their plans (well cobbled together piles of shite)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 1, 2018, 08:16:28 am »
Worth noting that the Labour Party policy is to renew trident and work for multinational disarmament and that this hasn’t changed one iota.
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 1, 2018, 08:59:01 am »
Worth noting that the Labour Party policy is to renew trident and work for multinational disarmament and that this hasn’t changed one iota.

I thought his personal preference was to not renew? That's what I was referring to anyway.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #37 on: November 1, 2018, 09:04:13 am »
he's anti war and anti austerity so he gets my vote
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #38 on: November 1, 2018, 09:07:24 am »
They did. He lost.
 indeed now we have labour supporting Tory tax cuts for the rich!
Don't you vote for the lib dems? How did they get on in the last election? The cheek of saying labour support the Tories when it was your party that enabled systematic murder of the most vulnerable people in society
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline cornishscouser92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 1, 2018, 09:23:15 am »
I’ve no idea who to vote for.

Corbyn’s economic policies are just hilarious, whilst he stands for issues I believe in.

The Tories are the tories; only arsed about the top 10% but are economically more sound.

The Lib Dems have about as much clout as wet cardboard, but have decent policies.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.