Author Topic: Non-League  (Read 2499 times)

Offline Paully

• Not the BlackAndWhitey one!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Non-League
« on: October 11, 2018, 12:14:26 pm »
I can't seem to find a thread for Non-League (apologies if I've missed it!) but I was just wondering if any of you lot are attending Hebburn Town vs City of Liverpool in the Vase on Saturday?! It's my hometown team and apparently 250 Scousers are heading up for it!

Second and third favourites to win it outright so it should be a good match!

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
Re: Non-League
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 10:38:57 pm »
you asking because under ashley, you think thats where the toon are heading?
JFT 96

Offline Paully

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2018, 07:53:52 am »
you asking because under ashley, you think thats where the toon are heading?

I'd probably take it if it meant we were rid of that fat bastard!

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 09:47:42 pm »
I can't seem to find a thread for Non-League (apologies if I've missed it!) but I was just wondering if any of you lot are attending Hebburn Town vs City of Liverpool in the Vase on Saturday?! It's my hometown team and apparently 250 Scousers are heading up for it!

Second and third favourites to win it outright so it should be a good match!

Wasn't there a bit of trouble at this game with loads of youths from the home end causing it

Offline Destiny

• Main Stander
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 09:52:34 pm »
Salford are flying at the top of the National league great underdog story that!  ::)

Offline Paully

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 07:13:52 am »
Wasn't there a bit of trouble at this game with loads of youths from the home end causing it

I don't think it was just the youths from the home end mind - bellends all round either way!

Certain wasn't "loads" either! Bunch of 15/16 year old arseholes!

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 12:18:45 pm »
I went to Harrogate v Ebbsfleet in the National league yesterday, I can confirm that shocking refereeing is not only rife in the Premier league but lower in the football pyramid too. The fourth official had to step in from the tenth minute as the referee had to go off injured and he had a decent first half. But for the second half he was terrible, it was genuinely like he just spent five minutes giving every decision to one team, then swapped for five minutes for the duration of the half. He also just kept blowing his whistle at every opportunity, like he forgot he had it in the first half. Both sides got some quite baffling decisions given, including him missing an absolute stone wall penalty. Incredibly frustrating to watch, for both sets of fans.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #7 on: August 6, 2020, 01:34:14 pm »
My hometown club, Droylsden, have resigned from the NPL today due to lack of funds. The club relies on the bar and function room and without it there's nothing in the pot.

I'm gutted.

We won't be the first. I know it's trite to say "But PL transfer fees!" but, for God's sake, a fraction of City's reserve centre half would cover every local side for 10 miles round the Etihad for years.

Non-league isn't about success, it's about small joys and a pint with the opposition on a Saturday afternoon and it's yet another bit of that joy that's been chipped away by the year 2020.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 6, 2020, 01:48:38 pm »
My hometown club, Droylsden, have resigned from the NPL today due to lack of funds. The club relies on the bar and function room and without it there's nothing in the pot.

I'm gutted.

We won't be the first. I know it's trite to say "But PL transfer fees!" but, for God's sake, a fraction of City's reserve centre half would cover every local side for 10 miles round the Etihad for years.

Non-league isn't about success, it's about small joys and a pint with the opposition on a Saturday afternoon and it's yet another bit of that joy that's been chipped away by the year 2020.
This is why I don't like Salford FC. There were so many local clubs who could have benefited rather than creating one from scratch.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #9 on: August 9, 2020, 06:45:09 am »

I'm gutted.

So many clubs will be in the same boat too, relying on the bars/function room to keep funds going, Droylsden won't be the last to suffer this either.
#Sausages

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: August 9, 2020, 09:47:47 am »
This is why I don't like Salford FC. There were so many local clubs who could have benefited rather than creating one from scratch.

Kind of take your point but they weren’t created from scratch. They’ve been there a good while just now having a lot of investment

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 9, 2020, 12:28:00 pm »

I'm gutted.

Any chance they could reform or play again say next year when hopefully this virus is under more control ?

I hate to see non league clubs struggle they are the bread and butter of football and they are the ones who make the FA Cup the joy they get when they draw a league club is class.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 9, 2020, 12:31:29 pm »

Salford were founded in 1940 ;D
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #13 on: August 9, 2020, 12:33:37 pm »
Kind of glad my hometown club Chorley didn't break the bank to try and stay in the National League last season now. Think they'd have been screwed if they'd taken a gamble and overspent. Still don't think they're safe. They, like many non-league clubs need fans back in the ground asap, otherwise, they'll be in real danger.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #14 on: August 9, 2020, 01:17:39 pm »
Any chance they could reform or play again say next year when hopefully this virus is under more control ?

We hope so. The squad that won the 06/07 Conference North is trying to get back together and arrange a friendly against a PL side to try and get some money in.

If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2020, 08:46:28 pm »
We hope so. The squad that won the 06/07 Conference North is trying to get back together and arrange a friendly against a PL side to try and get some money in.

Well I hope it all works out for you mate I know this season is a write off but with this virus it might be written off for lots of clubs.

As Bon Jovi said keep the faith.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2021, 04:20:15 pm »
Good game this on bt

Hartlepool c Torquay

Brazilian Goalkeeper equaliser for Torquay in 95th min

Currently extra time
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Last Edit: June 20, 2021, 04:51:14 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2021, 04:32:30 pm »
Great wasn’t it?

Weird they are playing it at Ashton Gate after a big rugby game yesterday.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2021, 04:36:57 pm »
It's been done   :D 8)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2021, 04:48:18 pm »

Penalties, eh? GK Covolan must fancy his chances of taking one now too :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2021, 04:52:56 pm »
Appears none of these want to score.
AHA!

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2021, 04:53:10 pm »
Ridiculous
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2021, 04:54:07 pm »

4 penalties in a row missed/saved ;D

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2021, 05:04:19 pm »
Fantastic game that.....hats off to the Pool 👏
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2021, 05:06:47 pm »
Bit of a robbery that

Torquay were better and 2 perfectly good goals chalked off
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2021, 10:26:10 am »
Fuck Hartlepool, the Tory voting, Monkey-hanging twats