Author Topic: The 2018-2019 Relegation Thread - (The Relegation League)  (Read 23656 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: The 2017-2018 Relegation Thread - (AKA Bottom Half of the Table)
« Reply #160 on: May 8, 2018, 11:13:02 am »
The Swansea-Southampton result could settle the entire thing. A Swansea win tonight puts Southampton in a massive hole. West Ham are safe. I still think Huddersfield gets relegated on the final day.

Offline Emerald Red

• Legacy Fan
  • since 1956
« Reply #161 on: May 8, 2018, 11:21:48 am »
Huddersfield will be hoping it's not a draw tonight,
then they'll only need 1 point instead of 2.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: May 8, 2018, 11:23:48 am »
Anything other than a draw tonight seals West Brom's fate. Southampton have to win this as they play City on the last day. Huddersfield are in a spot of bother playing Chelsea away and Arsenal at home. Would love it if they could throw everything at Chelsea and earn at least a point. If they lose both games, and Swansea and Southampton win one of their two games, Huddersfield's GD is going to send them packing.

Ideal results in my book -

Swansea v Southampton &
Swansea v Stoke = West Brom, Swansea (on GD) relegated

Chelsea v Huddersfield - draw &
Huddersfield v Arsenal = Huddersfield safe

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 8, 2018, 11:29:35 am »
The Swansea-Southampton result could settle the entire thing. A Swansea win tonight puts Southampton in a massive hole. West Ham are safe. I still think Huddersfield gets relegated on the final day.

If Swansea win today, Huddersfield are safe since Southampton play City on the last day and they have no prayer there. For our sake I hope Swansea lose today so the pressure is still on Huddersfield to perform at Chelsea tomorrow. If they go into that game knowing they are largely safe, whatever little incentive they have of going there to get points is gone.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #164 on: May 8, 2018, 11:33:37 am »
If Swansea win today, Huddersfield are safe since Southampton play City on the last day and they have no prayer there. For our sake I hope Swansea lose today so the pressure is still on Huddersfield to perform at Chelsea tomorrow.

It depends on how motivated the City players are with this being a WC year. Also after that heroic performance against City, I can't see Huddersfield being able to replicate it against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Offline Emerald Red

• Legacy Fan
  • since 1956
« Reply #165 on: May 8, 2018, 11:37:11 am »
I don't think Huddersfield will be 'assuming' City won't lose at Southampton.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2018, 11:39:49 am by Emerald Red »

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 8, 2018, 11:47:03 am »
It depends on how motivated the City players are with this being a WC year. Also after that heroic performance against City, I can't see Huddersfield being able to replicate it against Chelsea and Arsenal.

Yeah agreed, but City will be aiming for the 100 point total. With 6 points and 2 games to go, they'd be going for 2 wins definitely.

I don't think Huddersfield will be 'assuming' City won't lose at Southampton.

They won't mate but the chances of Southampton winning that game are slim. Like I said above, City will be aiming for 100 points this season and won't already be on their holiday just yet.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 8, 2018, 05:05:01 pm »
I'm hoping Swansea get beat tonight and remain the bottom 3.

West Brom, Stoke and Swansea to go down sounds good to me.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #168 on: May 8, 2018, 10:17:03 pm »
So looking like one of Huddersfield and Swansea. Still think it will be Huddersfield. Chelsea still fighting for CL; Arsenal will want to give Wenger a decent send-off

Offline QR350

• Definitely NOT one of the "irregulars".....RAWK Queen: spends a lot of time on the throne!
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #169 on: May 8, 2018, 10:23:35 pm »
Would love to see Swansea go down. They used to be alright but now they're a pain just like WBA were.

Online Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 8, 2018, 11:15:29 pm »
Delighted for the Saints. Hope they can get over that line now.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 8, 2018, 11:57:24 pm »
So looking like one of Huddersfield and Swansea. Still think it will be Huddersfield. Chelsea still fighting for CL; Arsenal will want to give Wenger a decent send-off

Huddersfield are in a real dilemma. It's hard to rest players when you only need to get a point from two games but I was impressed with Chelsea on the weekend and can't see them dropping points in a must win home game. So the temptation must be to rest some players and then go all out in the home game vs Arsenal to make it the grottiest football game the world has seen. I think the Arsenal players might feel like they have given Wenger the big send off by winning his last home game 5-0. How many of them are potentially off to the World Cup and might be thinking twice about charging in for 50/50s?

It's a big ask though and I can't see Swansea not winning against a Stoke team where the dressing room already seem to be staging the post season inquisition into whose fault it all is.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: May 9, 2018, 07:25:23 am »
Anything other than a draw tonight seals West Brom's fate. Southampton have to win this as they play City on the last day. Huddersfield are in a spot of bother playing Chelsea away and Arsenal at home. Would love it if they could throw everything at Chelsea and earn at least a point. If they lose both games, and Swansea and Southampton win one of their two games, Huddersfield's GD is going to send them packing.

Swansea v Southampton &

One good result down, here's hoping Huddersfield give everything and earn a draw tonight.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #173 on: May 9, 2018, 10:01:55 am »
Thank God Swansea are probably going. No one can be arsed with two Welsh teams in the top-flight again surely

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #174 on: May 9, 2018, 02:05:59 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2018, 05:29:21 am »

Swansea v Southampton &

Doing pretty well with my predictions here. Only place I could go wrong is the Huddersfield-Arsenal game, which I think Huddersfield will get at least a point out of. Should have stuck some money on these results.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2018, 09:22:30 am »
Man City 6-0 Southampton
Swansea 3-0 Stoke (stoke roll over to get Hughes relegated)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2018, 10:44:16 am »
City are away and Southampton know they just have to avoid a cricket score, so they'll just be ultra defensive and play for a 0-2 or something.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
Re: The 2018-2019 Relegation Thread - (The Relegation League)
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2018, 03:58:14 pm »
Updating and bumping up the last season thread because it seems that we can easily continue where we left off. Let me explain why I think the "Premier League" is actually an amalgamation of three or four mini leagues of teams with different aims. On the top, there are teams that will compete for the Championship; City, Liverpool and Chelsea, and these teams will be competing for silverware in Europe as well. They can afford to spend considerable transfer fees and keep players on healthy contracts, both on the field and on the benches. I see them as part of the larger European league of teams, like Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG etc. Then there is United, Arsenal and Spurs, who will chase the coveted fourth place. The gap between this mini-league isn't too big and can be bridged.

Next, I see a bigger list of clubs that I like to now call, the Confused league. The likes of Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, etc., who would like to get in to the top 6-7 on a consistent basis but the cost of doing so, leveraging future earnings, paying over the top to attract the upper mid-tier talent, can just as easily push them in the opposite direction. Take Burnley for example, they played last season to get in to Europe, started horrifically this season, and actually took a sigh of relief getting knocked out of Europa League. Similarly, West Brom, Swansea, and Stoke City, all got relegated in an attempt to move up the table. So if either Bournemouth, Watford or Wolves find themselves in the same position by the end of the season, they will be wondering what now come July-August 2019.

This brings me to the Relegation League, last season it was a ten team competition, this season might be a little different because certain teams were able to consolidate somewhat and improve while others completely stagnated. I see Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle struggle massively, while Brighton, Fulham have the potential to join them if the former three start improving considerably. West Ham, Southampton, Palace have better goal scorers, so unless someone comes along and plucks Zaha off or if Ings gets injured, these three will be safe.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2018, 04:29:21 pm »
Updating and bumping up the last season thread because it seems that we can easily continue where we left off. Let me explain why I think the "Premier League" is actually an amalgamation of three or four mini leagues of teams with different aims. On the top, there are teams that will compete for the Championship; City, Liverpool and Chelsea, and these teams will be competing for silverware in Europe as well. They can afford to spend considerable transfer fees and keep players on healthy contracts, both on the field and on the benches. I see them as part of the larger European league of teams, like Real, Barca, Bayern, PSG etc. Then there is United, Arsenal and Spurs, who will chase the coveted fourth place. The gap between this mini-league isn't too big and can be bridged.

Next, I see a bigger list of clubs that I like to now call, the Confused league. The likes of Everton, Leicester, West Ham, Southampton, etc., who would like to get in to the top 6-7 on a consistent basis but the cost of doing so, leveraging future earnings, paying over the top to attract the upper mid-tier talent, can just as easily push them in the opposite direction. Take Burnley for example, they played last season to get in to Europe, started horrifically this season, and actually took a sigh of relief getting knocked out of Europa League. Similarly, West Brom, Swansea, and Stoke City, all got relegated in an attempt to move up the table. So if either Bournemouth, Watford or Wolves find themselves in the same position by the end of the season, they will be wondering what now come July-August 2019.

This brings me to the Relegation League, last season it was a ten team competition, this season might be a little different because certain teams were able to consolidate somewhat and improve while others completely stagnated. I see Cardiff, Huddersfield, Newcastle struggle massively, while Brighton, Fulham have the potential to join them if the former three start improving considerably. West Ham, Southampton, Palace have better goal scorers, so unless someone comes along and plucks Zaha off or if Ings gets injured, these three will be safe.
I think you have overthought this.

There is the top 6, and then the rest are relegation fodder.

Just possibly a middle group of teams who will likely never get relegated, but hand on heart I can only think of Everton who can claim to be in that group. I wouldn't let even the likes of Leicester or Southampton in there.

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2018, 02:20:29 am »
I think you have overthought this.

There is the top 6, and then the rest are relegation fodder.

Just possibly a middle group of teams who will likely never get relegated, but hand on heart I can only think of Everton who can claim to be in that group. I wouldn't let even the likes of Leicester or Southampton in there.

Top 6 and 14 clubs fighting against relegation.  There is both a team performance difference and revenue difference. And it is getting wider every year for the last 10 years.

NB: The revenue difference between Spurs and Everton is greater than the difference between Everton and Burnley.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2018, 10:37:00 pm »
I'd say at this moment, it is looking more and more likely to be Southampton, Burnley and Cardiff. Huddersfield are trying to scrap out of this and Ranieri will get Fulham out eventually. The former three can't stop conceding but also can't score at all.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: November 27, 2018, 01:10:54 am »
I'd say at this moment, it is looking more and more likely to be Southampton, Burnley and Cardiff. Huddersfield are trying to scrap out of this and Ranieri will get Fulham out eventually. The former three can't stop conceding but also can't score at all.

Exactly how I see it
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: November 27, 2018, 03:17:30 am »
Wont be a popular opinion on here but I think Man utd have enough about them to stay up.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #184 on: November 27, 2018, 08:48:10 am »
Wont be a popular opinion on here but I think Man utd have enough about them to stay up.

They're on for 61 points at the minute. Wishful thinking to think they'd go down with that, should be good for a solid 7th
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #185 on: November 27, 2018, 10:07:14 am »

Hughes will get the sack and these will improve too. This years relegation spots will be closely contested me thinks.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: November 27, 2018, 11:56:58 am »
Hughes will get the sack and these will improve too. This years relegation spots will be closely contested me thinks.

Yeah you can never predict which teams are going to be down there this early because all it takes is a managerial change, a bit of a bounce, and relegation certainties can be comfortably mid-table. Two weeks ago I'd have fancied Fulham to go down, now I cannot see them being close.

So given the above, I'd fancy Cardiff and Burnley to be in trouble because I cannot see either of those clubs sacking their managers. Huddersfield can probably be added to that as well albeit I think they would be one of the few clubs worse off by making a change.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2018, 07:36:35 pm »
Huddersfield are in the deep end and unless they add a goalscorer in January, they seem to be done. The other two relegation spots will be occupied by two of Newcastle, Cardiff, Southampton, Burnley, and Fulham. I hope Palace gets dragged down as well but they are a good squad with some tidy goal scorers (read Zaha). Dyche and Warnock to go down will do just fine.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2018, 08:04:13 pm »
As long as Burnley go down I'll be happy

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2018, 08:54:08 pm »
Huddersfield are in the deep end and unless they add a goalscorer in January, they seem to be done. The other two relegation spots will be occupied by two of Newcastle, Cardiff, Southampton, Burnley, and Fulham. I hope Palace gets dragged down as well but they are a good squad with some tidy goal scorers (read Zaha). Dyche and Warnock to go down will do just fine.

they do have some decent playes, but Zaha isn't getting them the goals so far this season. 13 games without one after today I think. They seem to want Solanke, so that would help! They should be ok.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2018, 10:09:13 pm »

Huddersfield are done. They might as well use January to plan for the Championship. It used to be that a struggling side might still have someone who could score 10+ goals to keep them up. They seem to be a rare commodity that end up near the top of the overall scoring charts.

--

Spoiler
Top scorers of the clubs in the bottom five of the PL, including those with ten or more goals

* - Denotes transferred during season. I've only included those players who finished the season with their new club

92/93: Southampton: Matt Le Tissier (15); Iain Dowie (11); Oldham: Ian Olney (12); Crystal Palace: Chris Armstrong (15); Mark Bright (12); Middlesbrough: Paul Wilkinson (15); Nottingham Forest: Nigel Clough  (10)

93/94: Southampton: Matt Le Tissier (25); Ipswich: Ian Marshall (10) ; Sheffield Utd: Jostein Flo (10); Oldham: Graeme Sharp (9) Swindon: Jan Age Fjortoft (12)

94/95: Aston Villa: Dean Saunders (15); Guy Whittingham (11); Crystal Palace: Iain Dowie (9); Norwich:Efan Ekoku (9)* Leicester: Iwan Roberts (9); Mark Robins (9)* Ipswich: Chris Kiwomya (6)*

95/96: Coventry: Dion Dublin (14) Southampton: Matt Le Tissier (7); Neil Shipperly (7) ; Man City: Uwe Rosler (9); QPR: Danny Dichio (10) Bolton: John McGinlay (6)

96/97: Southampton: Matt Le Tissier (13); Egil Ostenstad (10) Coventry:Dion Dublin (14) ; Sunderland: Craig Russell (4); Middlesbrough: Fabrizio Ravanelli (16); Juninho (12) Nottingham Forest: Kevin Campbell (6)

97/98: Sheff. Weds: Paolo Di Canio (12); Everton: Duncan Ferguson (11); Bolton: Nathan Blake (12); Barnsley: Neil Redfearn (10); Crystal Palace: Neil Shipperly (7)

98/99: Wimbledon: Jason Euell (10); Marcus Gayle (10); Southampton: Egil Ostenstad (7); Matt Le Tissier (7); Charlton: Clive Mendonca (8]; Blackburn: Kevin Gallacher (5) Nottingham Forest: Dougie Freedman (9)

99/00: Derby: Rory Delap (8]; Bradford:Dean Windass (10) ; Wimbledon:Carl Cort (9); Sheff Weds: Gilles De Bilde (10); Watford: Heidar Helguson (6)

00/01: Everton: Kevin Campbell (9); Derby: Malcolm Christie (8] ; Man City Paulo Wanchope (9); :Coventry: Craig Bellamy (6); Bradford: Benito Carbone (5)

01/02: Bolton: Michael Ricketts (12); Sunderland: Kevin Phillips (11) ; pswich: Marcus Bent (9)* Derby: Malcolm Christie (9); Fabrizio Ravanelli (9); Leicester: James Scowcroft (5)

02/03:Aston Villa: Dion Dublin (10); Bolton: Youri Djorkaeff (7); Henrik Pederson (7); Jay Jay Okocha (7); West Ham: Paolo Di Canio (9); Trevor Sinclair (9); WBA: Danny Dichio (5); Scott Dobie (5) Sunderland: Kevin Phillips (6)

03/04:  Man City: Nicolas Anelka (17); Everton: Wayne Rooney (9) ; Leicester: Les Ferdinand (12); Paul Dickov (11); Leeds: Mark Viduka (11) Wolves: Henri Camara (7)

04/05: Portsmouth: Yakubu (13) WBA: Robert Earnshaw (11); Crystal Palace: Andy Johnson (21); Norwich: Dean Ashton (7); Damien Francis (7); Southampton: Peter Crouch (12); Kevin Phillips (10)

05/06: Aston Villa: Milan Baros *(8]; Luke Moore (8]  Portsmouth: Lomana Lua Lua (7); Birmingham: Jiri Jarosik (5); WBA: Nathan Ellington (5); Kanu (5) Sunderland: Liam Lawrence (3); Anthony Le Tallec (3); Tommy Miller (3)

06/07: Fulham: Brian McBride (9) Wigan: Emile Heskey (9); Sheffield Utd: Rob Hulse (8]; Charlton: Darren Bent (14); Watford: Hamer Bouazza (5)

07/08 Bolton: Kevin Nolan (5); Fulham: Clint Dempsey (6) ; Reading:Dave Kitson (10); Birmingham: Mikael Forssell (9) Derby: Kenny Miller (4)

08/09:  Sunderland: Kenwyne Jones (10); Djibril Cisse (10); Hull: Geovanni (8]; Newcastle Michael Owen (8]; Obafemi Martins (8];:Middlesbrough: Marlon King* (7); Tuncay (7); WBA:

09/10: Wigan: Hugo Rodallega (10); West Ham: Carlton Cole (10) ; Burnley:Steven Fletcher (8]; Hull: Stephen Hunt (6); Portsmouth: Aruna Dindane (8]

10/11:Wigan: Charles N'Zogbia (9); Hugo Rodallega (9); Wolves: Steven Fletcher (10) ; Birmingham: Craig Gardner (8]; Blackpool: DJ Campbell (13); Charlie Adam (12); West Ham: Demba Ba (7)

11/12: Aston Villa: Darren Bent (9) QPR:Heidar Helguson (8] ; Bolton: Ivan Klasnic (8]; Blackburn: Yakubu (17); Wolves: Steven Fletcher (12)

12/13: Newcastle: Papiss Cisse (8] Sunderland: Steven Fletcher (11) ; Wigan: Arouna Kone (11); Reading: Adam Le Fondre (12); QPR: Loic Remy (6)

13/14: Hull:Shane Long * (7) WBA: Sadio Berahino (5) ; Norwich: Gary Hooper (6); Fulham: Steve Sidwell (7); Cardiff: Jordon Mutch (7)

14/15: Sunderland: Steven Fletcher (5); Aston Villa: Christian Benteke (13) ; Hull:Nikica Jelavic (8]; Burnley: Danny Ings (11); QPR: Charlie Austin (18)

15/16:Bournemouth:Josh King (6); Sunderland: ;Jermain Defoe (15);  Newcastle: Gini Wijnaldum (11); Norwich: Mbokani (7); Aston Villa: Jordan Ayew (7)

16/17: Burnley: Sam Vokes (10)); Watford:Troy Deeney (10); Hull: Abel Hernandez (4); Middlesbrough: Alvaro Negredo (9); Sunderland: Jermain Defoe (15)

17/18: Huddersfield: Steve Mounie (7); Southampton: Charlie Austin (7) ; Swansea: Jordan Ayew (7); Stoke: Xherdan Shaqiri (8]; WBA: Jay Rodriguez (7); Salomon Rondon (7)
[close]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 01:06:30 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline Cohiba

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #191 on: December 31, 2018, 11:22:11 am »
I find it surprising that Solanke appears not to be going to Huddersfield what with it being Jurgens' mate and all. Would certainly be preferable to me rather than potentially keeping Palace up, still cannot forgive them for that FA cup defeat years ago.
Every great achievement
Was believed to be impossible at one time

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #192 on: December 31, 2018, 12:12:12 pm »
Huddersfield look doomed.

I hope Burnley and Dyche go down.

Then it's between Cardiff, Fulham and Newcastle for me; I think Southampton will be alright under Hassenhuttl.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #193 on: December 31, 2018, 02:50:27 pm »

Then it's between Cardiff, Fulham and Newcastle for me; I think Southampton will be alright under Hassenhuttl.

Same. Also the repeated talk of them being in the EL as a reason for their slow start is laughable. They played a grand total of six games in what was essentially an extended preseason. Last season they had incredible amounts of luck that was never going to be sustainable

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 31, 2018, 02:51:45 pm »
Same. Also the repeated talk of them being in the EL as a reason for their slow start is laughable. They played a grand total of six games in what was essentially an extended preseason. Last season they had incredible amounts of luck that was never going to be sustainable

Sean Dyche doesn't like this comment. If it was a furren manager that was using this excuse, you would never have said that. Sean Dyche can train em up and make them press too.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #195 on: December 31, 2018, 05:53:59 pm »
I find it surprising that Solanke appears not to be going to Huddersfield what with it being Jurgens' mate and all. Would certainly be preferable to me rather than potentially keeping Palace up, still cannot forgive them for that FA cup defeat years ago.

I think they probably let Solanke decide from the choices? So long as Liverpool where first happy he'd get game time, it was then up to him to say which out of the teams approved by Liverpool.  I actually think Palace would be better really in terms of the players there already. 

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: December 31, 2018, 06:59:01 pm »

I don't think Newcastle are in the mix to be honest, Rafa and Rondon should enough to keep them clear, I agree about Southampton. For me its between Fulham and Cardiff

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 2, 2019, 10:10:39 pm »
Good point for Southampton and an important win for Burnley. Basically 2 from 5 now to go down with Huddersfield. I can see it being Cardiff and Fulham.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 2, 2019, 10:16:54 pm »
Yeah Huddersfield are done, and when they are done they really need to look at themselves as a club if they’re ever going to come back. Their transfers since they came up have been absolutely shambolic.

Two of five from Fulham, Southampton, Burnley, Newcastle and Cardiff.

Hopefully it’s Burnley and Cardiff
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2019, 07:04:22 am »
Southampton
Palace
Cardiff
Fulham
Newcastle
Huddersfield

There’s the bottom 6