Author Topic: Eric Blair's Labour Topic (*)  (Read 260534 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Labour Party (*)
« Reply #40 on: November 3, 2017, 07:03:03 pm »
Interesting. He appeared on a panel with Owen Jones and Natalie Bennett at my work last year. We got complaints about two of the three's behaviour afterwards.
im guessing Owen was the good boy here

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 3, 2017, 07:03:40 pm »
IT wasn’t just him. Stephen Kinnock and others too...
true but with the whole thing with the left and Israel he really should be, what with him being the leader

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42 on: November 3, 2017, 07:06:29 pm »
true but with the whole thing with the left and Israel he really should be, what with him being the leader
No MP should be at this event.  An organisation who’s leader has said it’s ok to kill British troops.. disgusting attitudes to women and LGBT..

Could you imagine people speaking at a BNP event?  No, and yet there are similarly discriminatory views.

It’s wrong and it’s racist, because allowances have been made because they (largely) aren’t white.  Why is this?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 3, 2017, 07:07:33 pm »
No MP should be at this event.  An organisation who’s leader has said it’s ok to kill British troops.. disgusting attitudes to women and LGBT..

Could you imagine people speaking at a BNP event?  No, and yet there are similarly discriminatory views.

It’s wrong and it’s racist, because allowances have been made because they (largely) aren’t white.  Why is this?
i was referring to Balfour mate and him not turning up there, not the MEND one!

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: November 3, 2017, 07:07:39 pm »
couldnt bring himself to attend an event for the Balfour declaration
What kind of event was it ? Was it celebratory or apologetic ?   

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 3, 2017, 07:09:22 pm »
What kind of event was it ? Was it celebratory or apologetic ?   
http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/29/jeremy-corbyn-sparks-row-by-turning-down-dinner-with-israeli-pm-7036594/

Didn’t know about him blowing off the Labour Friends of Israel event claiming he had to work on his speech when he turned up to other events at the same time

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 3, 2017, 07:24:05 pm »
im guessing Owen was the good boy here
Why would you assume that?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 3, 2017, 07:48:49 pm »
http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/29/jeremy-corbyn-sparks-row-by-turning-down-dinner-with-israeli-pm-7036594/

Didn’t know about him blowing off the Labour Friends of Israel event claiming he had to work on his speech when he turned up to other events at the same time
Ah right I'm not surprised then,lots of people see the Balfour agreement as a mistake which led to a catastrophe....
As for turning down dinner with someone often reffered to as "Bibi the butcher" ...Meh 

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 3, 2017, 07:53:26 pm »
Ah right I'm not surprised then,lots of people see the Balfour agreement as a mistake which led to a catastrophe....
As for turning down dinner with someone often reffered to as "Bibi the butcher" ...Meh 
He’s been happy to sit down with terrorists, so I’m not sure why that would be an issue.
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #50 on: November 3, 2017, 07:58:58 pm »
Have you got any quotes ?
Who are you having a dig at ?
Whats the point ?

The post about him going to buy a paper and the press asking questions and not doing the same to the Tories.

I'm not having a dig just don't see the point of raising something trivial when there are plenty of other problems about.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #51 on: November 3, 2017, 08:26:12 pm »
How many posts and the defend Jeremy at all costs has started, even though no one has criticised him.
Have you got any quotes ?
Who are you having a dig at ?
Whats the point ?

Consider both of you warned. There is zero tolerance of meta comment in this topic. Commenting on other posters gets you time off (mods excepted).

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: November 4, 2017, 09:25:58 am »
Should be a all women shortlist for the next leader election. No ifs, no buts.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 4, 2017, 09:56:23 am »

Why?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 4, 2017, 10:08:11 am »
Why?

Time to end the boys club at Westminster. Labour are more than complicit in this. Labour have never elected a woman offical. All the top trade unions leaders are fellas.

This would be more radical and progressive than another middle class bloke whinging about class war.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 4, 2017, 10:24:41 am »
Time to end the boys club at Westminster. Labour are more than complicit in this. Labour have never elected a woman offical. All the top trade unions leaders are fellas.

This would be more radical and progressive than another middle class bloke whinging about class war.

What if the person elected is a middle class woman whigning about class war?

Id rather have the best candidate, regardless of their sex. Anyway, considering the leader will come out of the Corbyn camp, its likely to be a woman.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 4, 2017, 11:54:50 am »
such a sexist comment.

It should not be about if a person is white/black/male/female etc . It's about who has the greatest competence, leadership abilities, good ideas and policies etc. if that person is a woman, who cares if it is? Good on the best person being chosen.

What then after a woman? Let's pick out of a hat and choose  another "type" of person who hasn't had a go yet? That type of mentality is almost as equally racist/sexist/what ever and very condisending towards women as well I.e you only got picked because you got a Vulva.

PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57 on: November 4, 2017, 12:00:42 pm »
What if the person elected is a middle class woman whigning about class war?

Id rather have the best candidate, regardless of their sex. Anyway, considering the leader will come out of the Corbyn camp, its likely to be a woman.

Even if he gets trounced at the next election?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 4, 2017, 12:04:15 pm »
Even if he gets trounced at the next election?

They control the party. The members will vote for a Corbyn candidate.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #59 on: November 4, 2017, 12:17:56 pm »
Maybe it will be an all woman list.

Its strange nearly all of the Mps and the new Mps that people like are woman.

On a different matter so glad Jeremy went down well on Gogglebox last night even after branding nigella lawson's egg preparation techniques ridiculous.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 4, 2017, 12:35:05 pm »
They control the party. The members will vote for a Corbyn candidate.

I still have some hope that a lot of his current supporters will ask themselves if under the leadership of Corbyn himself, Brexit happened and two general elections were lost, what are the chances of success of one of his allies?

I can see some of the unions, like the TSSA, calling for a completely new change in direction too. Again, I hope those supporters question whether it's worth splitting the unions to carry on a movement that evidently isn't having much success outside of the party.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 4, 2017, 12:41:37 pm »
I still have some hope that a lot of his current supporters will ask themselves if under the leadership of Corbyn himself, Brexit happened and two general elections were lost, what are the chances of success of one of his allies?

I can see some of the unions, like the TSSA, calling for a completely new change in direction too. Again, I hope those supporters question whether it's worth splitting the unions to carry on a movement that evidently isn't having much success outside of the party.

I am not convinced that post Brexit will herald a massive shift in the electorate. Whilst i still maintain this country is slap bang a centrist country, I am not sure people will flock to the sorts of centrist candidates that got us in this mess anyway. Ultimately these supposed moderates have been in charge during the financial crisis, through establishing Brexit and ultimately carrying it out.

I still think people will go for Labour in its current guise post Brexit, especially if it doubles down on its commitment to things like Housing.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 4, 2017, 12:45:13 pm »

Hopefully the evidence will force people to look at Brexit in a different light.
Brexit is a policy that brings extreme Austerity, poverty and job losses, no left wing Labour party can justify supporting a policy like this. any speeches about caring for the poor etc while supporting Brexit are Crocodile tears.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2017, 01:07:57 pm by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 4, 2017, 01:27:36 pm »
He’s been happy to sit down with terrorists, so I’m not sure why that would be an issue.
And you've often expressed your outrage when he has. If he goes he'll get flak if he doesn't he'lll get flack.

Yesterday you posted that you were disgusted with him talking to MEND Can you provide some details or a link about the claims you made as to why no MP should be talking to them. ?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 4, 2017, 03:55:03 pm »
which would consist of rayner, Thornberry or long bailey, none of whom are good enough and would make a mockery of the whole process having such unqualified candidates for leadership of a major political party

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 4, 2017, 04:05:44 pm »
And you've often expressed your outrage when he has. If he goes he'll get flak if he doesn't he'lll get flack.

Yesterday you posted that you were disgusted with him talking to MEND Can you provide some details or a link about the claims you made as to why no MP should be talking to them. ?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/mps-ditch-meeting-with-muslim-group-mend-over-islamist-claims-rgxqn0s05

See this quote here for instance..
‘We remain greatly disturbed by statements attributed to Mend, such as one by its CEO Sufiyan Ismail, in which he claimed that ‘in 300 years the Israeli lobby has not lost a vote in Parliament’

Spot the issue here?

Yes, Israel hasn’t existed for anywhere near that long.  So what does he mean?  He means Jewish..

Imagine an organisation that said ‘the Black lobby has not lost a vote in Parliament for 300 years’

No one would go near it, and rightly so.  Kinnock saying he likes to speak at venues where he does not agree...he wouldn’t go to a BNP event, so why would he go here..

I get that it was islamaphobia awareness week, but this is akin to a politician speaking at an edl rally on St. George’s day.

It’s disgusting that any politician was at this.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2017, 04:18:30 pm by Tepid T₂O »
W

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 4, 2017, 04:17:08 pm »
I am not convinced that post Brexit will herald a massive shift in the electorate. Whilst i still maintain this country is slap bang a centrist country, I am not sure people will flock to the sorts of centrist candidates that got us in this mess anyway. Ultimately these supposed moderates have been in charge during the financial crisis, through establishing Brexit and ultimately carrying it out.

I still think people will go for Labour in its current guise post Brexit, especially if it doubles down on its commitment to things like Housing

And afford it how?

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #67 on: November 4, 2017, 04:22:58 pm »
which would consist of rayner, Thornberry or long bailey, none of whom are good enough and would make a mockery of the whole process having such unqualified candidates for leadership of a major political party
How are Thornberry and Bailey unqualified? Not a fan of Thornberry (very smug) but I'd say she was qualified.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 4, 2017, 04:24:18 pm »

I'm not a fan of Thornberry - but she's Shadow Foreign Secretary, had a successful career prior to politics and has been a shadow minister before. We can all question whether she's suitable, but she's absolutely qualified.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 4, 2017, 04:35:40 pm »
The trouble with Emily Thornberry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtZ8zjGpfGg

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 4, 2017, 04:43:54 pm »
The trouble with Emily Thornberry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtZ8zjGpfGg

Among other things. She would be a terrible leader.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #71 on: November 4, 2017, 04:54:36 pm »
Thornberry has moments where you'd swear she was a bit squiffy. Qualified, but you'd have to question sense of anyone voting for her as leader. I like Rayner a lot. I think she's been very steady for a new MP holding down a shadow cabinet position. Would vote for her as a compromise candidate. Long Bailey is a new MP with few discernible merits other than her strong constituency work and being early onto the Corbyn train. Not really leader for me but open to her convincing me otherwise. At the moment, I'd take Lucy Powell in a heartbeat over her. Ranty whatsapp truth telling and all. Not that she's going to be anywhere close to winning under current rules.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline ShakaHislop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 4, 2017, 05:02:46 pm »
Someone like Thornberry would one of the most open to "liberal elite" attacks so the suggestion of her as leader, when avoiding alienation of Brexit Labour constituencies is used as an excuse for not opposing Brexit is a pisstake.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 4, 2017, 05:09:35 pm »
Thornberry has moments where you'd swear she was a bit squiffy. Qualified, but you'd have to question sense of anyone voting for her as leader. I like Rayner a lot. I think she's been very steady for a new MP holding down a shadow cabinet position. Would vote for her as a compromise candidate. Long Bailey is a new MP with few discernible merits other than her strong constituency work and being early onto the Corbyn train. Not really leader for me but open to her convincing me otherwise. At the moment, I'd take Lucy Powell in a heartbeat over her. Ranty whatsapp truth telling and all. Not that she's going to be anywhere close to winning under current rules.

Powell would put people to sleep. She is an ok candidate but as has been discussed, no one from her 'wing' of the party is winning any leadership battle any time soon.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #74 on: November 4, 2017, 05:27:38 pm »
Powell would put people to sleep. She is an ok candidate but as has been discussed, no one from her 'wing' of the party is winning any leadership battle any time soon.

Powell's alright. I don't mind someone who's a bit wonkish but does have command of policy across every area. But, yeah, as I said in the last sentence you quoted there, she'd have no hope right now. But it illustrates the limitations of fishing from such a tiny pool that the likes of Powell and Nandy are automatically excluded from consideration. It actually amuses a little that Momentum haven't clocked that Rayner appreciates that Labour governments make a difference.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 4, 2017, 06:22:27 pm »
How are Thornberry and Bailey unqualified? Not a fan of Thornberry (very smug) but I'd say she was qualified.
thornberry - basically labour’s Boris but with a few less gaffes but with all the smugness.
Long bailey is absolutely awful, clearly out of her depth in her current role so god knows how she could run the party never mind the country.

I like rayner but I’ve seen nothing in her that suggests she could run the country
« Last Edit: November 4, 2017, 06:24:05 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #76 on: November 4, 2017, 06:36:35 pm »
I like rayner but I’ve seen nothing in her that suggests she could run the country

Me neither just yet. But out of those with a sniff of succeeding Jeremy at the moment... She's also very into evidence based policy. And I'd give my fucking right arm for a government led on that basis. And she also gets that things need to be looked at in the round - education policy and social policy and health policy need to be joined up. Whether she'd do a good job... not disagreeing with you, just trying to be pragmatic while framing things in a constructive way as SP requested.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #77 on: November 4, 2017, 06:59:01 pm »
Dosn't matter anyway Jeremy will be in charge for ages yet after he wins the next Election.

And then people like Laura Pidcock will maybe be in the running.
« Last Edit: November 4, 2017, 07:07:24 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 4, 2017, 07:17:12 pm »
Me neither just yet. But out of those with a sniff of succeeding Jeremy at the moment... She's also very into evidence based policy. And I'd give my fucking right arm for a government led on that basis. And she also gets that things need to be looked at in the round - education policy and social policy and health policy need to be joined up. Whether she'd do a good job... not disagreeing with you, just trying to be pragmatic while framing things in a constructive way as SP requested.
good point on the evidence based policy, she isn’t one who’s obsessed with ideology like some which is a big benefit, and as bad as this may sound she potentially could be the least worst option

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 4, 2017, 07:37:34 pm »
Dosn't matter anyway Jeremy will be in charge for ages yet after he wins the next Election.

Is that a joke? shes not even been an MP for a year ffs.