Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 758518 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #960 on: January 15, 2018, 01:05:39 pm »
Like to see his direct running through the midfield more. He is brilliant at that.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #961 on: January 15, 2018, 03:05:34 pm »
Got a feeling he will score tomorrow

Honestly, this rang through my head as he picked the ball up and started driving at the box.

Great shout.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #962 on: January 15, 2018, 03:12:11 pm »
Like to see his direct running through the midfield more. He is brilliant at that.

Whilst I think lallana has more intelligence he simply doesn't have the pace and power as Chamberlain. I think it's a battle between those 2 for that position. But either will be needed if god fobid an injury to Salah or Mane. I'm not going to lie we are incredibly light in that front 3 if one gets injured. Sturridge is an okay deputy when fit, but he's not.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: January 15, 2018, 03:20:56 pm »
Whilst I think lallana has more intelligence he simply doesn't have the pace and power as Chamberlain. I think it's a battle between those 2 for that position. But either will be needed if god fobid an injury to Salah or Mane. I'm not going to lie we are incredibly light in that front 3 if one gets injured. Sturridge is an okay deputy when fit, but he's not.
That's the thing - as it stands he's the best wide forward.rotation option, but also possibly our best attacking central midfielder, although Lallana may well take that mantle depending on how his recovery continues.

That's why I still feel that we could do.with another player who can perform in both midfield and out wide, or at least the latter preferably a pacy lad, maybe a younger player who won't mind not being a consistent first choice. Anyway, I'm digressing here.

AOC was great yesterday, and long may it continue - hopefully he's got a bit of credit in the bank now and people remember games like this next time he has an off day. A far cry from a.few months ago when some seemed to have written him off. Still not sure how.effective he'll be in that midfield role against the teams who sit deep, but if he can improve his shooting then his driving runs should work well against them too. Well in, lad. Fast becoming one of my favourite players.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:25:41 pm by Djozer »

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: January 15, 2018, 04:42:45 pm »
That's the thing - as it stands he's the best wide forward.rotation option, but also possibly our best attacking central midfielder, although Lallana may well take that mantle depending on how his recovery continues.

That's why I still feel that we could do.with another player who can perform in both midfield and out wide, or at least the latter preferably a pacy lad, maybe a younger player who won't mind not being a consistent first choice. Anyway, I'm digressing here.

AOC was great yesterday, and long may it continue - hopefully he's got a bit of credit in the bank now and people remember games like this next time he has an off day. A far cry from a.few months ago when some seemed to have written him off. Still not sure how.effective he'll be in that midfield role against the teams who sit deep, but if he can improve his shooting then his driving runs should work well against them too. Well in, lad. Fast becoming one of my favourite players.

Brandt is available for £12m *legs it*
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #965 on: January 15, 2018, 05:04:24 pm »
This lad is a terrible indictment of Wenger. So much raw ability this lad being put in the wrong places and pointed in the wrong directions for ages. Great to see him play so well here in the midfield. Cracking kneeslide too to be fair to the lad.

Offline sgezza17

• The Bonjela Baldrick
  • Main Stander
« Reply #966 on: January 15, 2018, 05:09:05 pm »
Great performance by him yesterday i thought he was superb. He's really starting to settle well and improving under Klopp.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: January 15, 2018, 05:41:27 pm »
Becoming one of my favorite players, he has the right mentality as Rafa would say, and potential and present ability to go with it, under Klopp. I think he can take himself to the next level.

I am eager to see him and Lallana play together in midfield with Can/Wijnaldum, against bus parking sides [i.e. Swansea next week]

Offline redtrev

• Running dog of CAPITALISM
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #968 on: January 15, 2018, 05:43:00 pm »
Another example the club is finally buying correctly again. Big talk bout price tag, was he needed, etc now look at him. Klopp/transfer committee really doing the business now.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #969 on: January 15, 2018, 06:37:31 pm »
He's becoming a cracking player.

Wenger wasted this kid's talent.
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #970 on: January 15, 2018, 07:09:48 pm »
Arsenal must been feeling pretty sad about how he’s developing with us - just another fail in the long line of failures on their part. So made up for him, he’s a great lad and he’s having a real impact in this side. Onwards and upwards, keep proving those doubters wrong.

Pretty small time to be sad a player is finally showing his potential.  I'm glad he's slowly bringing out what he only showed occasionally under Wenger, it is one of those situations where both sides get what they want, £40m for a player with a year left on his contract for Arsenal, and a young, motivated professional who is used to playing at the highest level and who's playstyle perfectly suits Klopp.  I'd much rather he be in the side than on the bench, think Henderson may be sitting in the stands for a good while.

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: January 15, 2018, 08:44:50 pm »
Another great game today, stagnated under Wenger but seems to have found a new lease of life.

MF is defo his best position in my book, although no doubt he was bought to fill in for Mane or Salah.

He was probably brought in because of the barca interest in Phil.
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: January 15, 2018, 08:57:09 pm »
He was probably brought in because of the barca interest in Phil.

We were interested before that link ever came to surface

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: January 15, 2018, 08:59:12 pm »
He's becoming a cracking player.

Wenger wasted this kid's talent.

Think we saved him in the nick of time to be honest, was well on the way to becoming Walcott Mark 2.

Offline BabsLFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #974 on: January 16, 2018, 12:12:26 am »
Been looking for an all touch video of him vs man city but my usual ways of finding them are coming up with nothing? Does anybody have a link plz?

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #975 on: January 16, 2018, 09:41:39 am »
Honestly, this rang through my head as he picked the ball up and started driving at the box.

Great shout.

Just had one of those feelings, he's been playing brilliant, and thought he would step up in this game and he did

Wonder what odds i would of got on him scoring

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #976 on: January 16, 2018, 09:47:09 am »
Think we saved him in the nick of time to be honest, was well on the way to becoming Walcott Mark 2.

Yep he had one look at Walcott and said fuck that. They both came from Southampton, they're pacey and highly rated at a young age.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline liverpoolsox

• Kopite
  • Camarero
« Reply #977 on: January 17, 2018, 12:08:17 am »
Yep he had one look at Walcott and said fuck that. They both came from Southampton, they're pacey and highly rated at a young age.

What's happened to all of that young English crowd who came through at Arsenal is an absolute disgrace (Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs, Ramsey, Ox and Jenkinson)!

They all could have gone on to be top players in this league and as of 2017 not one of them has improved since they broke on to the scene, in fact Walcott looks worse! If I was Maitland-Niles, Holding or Chambers I'd get as far away from that club as humanly possible, it's where promise goes to die!

Thankfully we've rescued Ox and I firmly believe he'll go on to be a top quality player for us!
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: January 17, 2018, 03:01:52 am »
When AOC was at Arsenal, he showed glimpses of what he can do. I think he's a good footballer, no doubt about it. What's more surprising when he came over here is his attitude. Love that attitude and willingness to defend his teammates. Future captain material?

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #979 on: January 17, 2018, 03:59:38 am »
Made up for him on Sunday.

That goal could be the key to him believing in himself that he can be a great footballer and not just a squad member (along with Jurgen's man management skills).

I must admit I had my doubts about him when he signed but recently he seems to have more confidence in his abilities.

Hopefully the fans support him now too.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline catinthebag

• Anny Roader
  • perfection is underrated.
« Reply #980 on: January 18, 2018, 11:35:07 am »
This is more about us, fans, than AOC.

“I’ve come from humble beginnings and I’d jump at any chance I could get to come to a club like Liverpool. He was already at the top and has been there for a number of years,” he states.

It says a lot about him as a person to make the decision he did. Liverpool fans are the type to understand and be appreciative of that.

To choose to come and leave a club like that, with the other options he probably had, shows what kind of club this is and that he really wants to be here. Credit to him for doing that – he has come and proven why he has been at that level for so long.”

Got this from a Gomez interview on liverpoolfc.com. Why do we seem so grateful that he chose us? Are we not Liverpool? I respect his decision to take a pay cut but we are one of the most dynamic teams in the league and we have shown that we can go toe-to-toe with any club, no matter how big. I really don't get this admiration of AOC for choosing us, as if we were Everton.
"I want to go back to Liverpool too, but nobody loves me." - Nicolas Anelka gets self-aware on hearing of Robbie's return to Anfield, FFT April '06

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: January 18, 2018, 11:54:05 am »

Got this from a Gomez interview on liverpoolfc.com. Why do we seem so grateful that he chose us? Are we not Liverpool? I respect his decision to take a pay cut but we are one of the most dynamic teams in the league and we have shown that we can go toe-to-toe with any club, no matter how big. I really don't get this admiration of AOC for choosing us, as if we were Everton.

I haven't seen or heard anyone say they're grateful that he chose us. Grateful is entirely your word and it doesn't reflect the opinion of anyone I've come across.

What I've come across is a lot of people who respect his decision to choose us. In a world where money seems to dictate everything in football, including where players choose to play, it's refreshing to see someone make a choice not based on money but on factors that we, as supporters, can better relate to, i.e. purely football based factors. And the fact that his decision seems to be paying off (for both him and for us as a club) makes it all the more sweet.

BIG difference to being grateful.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: January 18, 2018, 12:06:03 pm »

I don't think he is belittling Liverpool mate,  He had the balls to leave Arsenal in order to develop his game somewhere else and he turned down Chelsea (the champions), he chose us for footballing reasons, to work under Klopp, we don't have to be great full for the privilege of signing him but we can appreciate and admire his reasoning surely?.

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #983 on: January 18, 2018, 12:38:10 pm »

I posted something about this in here the other day and it's not about being 'grateful that he chose us' but I admire his belief in himself that he could come to a club like Liverpool and make a success of it rather than stay at Arsenal where he had it quite comfortable, was starting games and got offered more money.

It's a World Cup year too and you surely have to give him a lot of credit for backing himself to force his way into our side in his preferred position which is arguably more competitive than it is at Arsenal. It just shows how much he wants to play for us and how he was prepared to take risks to make that happen.

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: January 18, 2018, 12:52:58 pm »
I personally haven't been soo chuffed when I had heard we signed him. I was more gutted for Arsenal fans. Seeing one of their top fastest forwards going to a rival team.

You can just sense how good these players will be.
Especially with no sterling or Ibe in the team, you always need that young fast player with fast agility, because with pace, you are able to do most things.
Pace is everything.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: January 18, 2018, 12:59:43 pm »
I personally haven't been soo chuffed when I had heard we signed him. I was more gutted for Arsenal fans. Seeing one of their top fastest forwards going to a rival team.

You can just sense how good these players will be.
Especially with no sterling or Ibe in the team, you always need that young fast player with fast agility, because with pace, you are able to do most things.
Pace is everything.

Quick - lets swap Firmino for Walcott! Pace is everything! ;)

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: January 18, 2018, 01:28:30 pm »
Quick - lets swap Firmino for Walcott! Pace is everything! ;)
Up there with fast agility.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #987 on: January 18, 2018, 01:32:32 pm »
Is he a shoe-in for the world cup? Selfish, I know , but would prefer him to get a rest..
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: January 18, 2018, 01:36:31 pm »
Up there with fast agility.

And pace goals. Wait those don’t count.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #989 on: January 18, 2018, 01:38:58 pm »
Is he a shoe-in for the world cup? Selfish, I know , but would prefer him to get a rest..

if he carries on as he has been here, then he surely will be going. 

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: January 18, 2018, 01:45:05 pm »
Coupled with his ability to cover multiple positions as well, I'd be shocked if he doesn't make the WC squad.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #991 on: January 18, 2018, 03:29:18 pm »
This lad is a terrible indictment of Wenger. So much raw ability this lad being put in the wrong places and pointed in the wrong directions for ages. Great to see him play so well here in the midfield. Cracking kneeslide too to be fair to the lad.

Yeah.  While also showing young players from the PL and beyond how much improved you can be under Klopp.  The success of the Ox will work really well for us in the transfer market.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #992 on: January 18, 2018, 03:32:48 pm »

Mose definitely mate.  He's pretty close to being a starter if not in the first 12 or 13 players for the team.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #993 on: January 18, 2018, 03:56:25 pm »
I've been disappointed with his touch and decision making, to be honest. He's working hard and showing flashes of what he can be, but he'll have to improve if he wants to hold down a permanent spot in the first XI.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #994 on: January 18, 2018, 04:26:00 pm »
I've been disappointed with his touch and decision making, to be honest. He's working hard and showing flashes of what he can be, but he'll have to improve if he wants to hold down a permanent spot in the first XI.

I liked his decision to run straight through the heart of Man City's team and then his decision to shoot and put the ball near the corner of Edison's net, I really liked that decision.

Oh yeah, and his decision to pass to Firmino, give the player a chance to mug John Stones and score a worldie, that was not bad too!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #995 on: January 18, 2018, 04:28:40 pm »

I think he missed out on the last couple of squads in the Autumn when he wasn’t playing much. Southgate is quite reactive though and if he keeps playing well for us he will definitely go, especially as he covers several positions which is always handy in a summer tournament squad.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #996 on: January 18, 2018, 04:34:44 pm »

Laughable.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Bob Sacamano

• Legacy Fan
  • Alleged Manc and/or Gooner
« Reply #997 on: January 18, 2018, 04:37:37 pm »
I liked his decision to run straight through the heart of Man City's team and then his decision to shoot and put the ball near the corner of Edison's net, I really liked that decision.

Oh yeah, and his decision to pass to Firmino, give the player a chance to mug John Stones and score a worldie, that was not bad too!

:D If he offers that sort of end product every match then we can all happily look past everything else!

But in general since I've seen him play for Liverpool, I think he's shown a heavy touch and makes the wrong decision with the ball too often for a player who is not especially prolific. Playing at this level, I think he's a valuable and versatile squad player. But I think he needs to go up another level to keep his starting place permanently.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #998 on: January 18, 2018, 06:15:39 pm »
What's happened to all of that young English crowd who came through at Arsenal is an absolute disgrace (Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs, Ramsey, Ox and Jenkinson)!

Ramsey's Welsh.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline catinthebag

• Anny Roader
  • perfection is underrated.
« Reply #999 on: January 19, 2018, 03:45:09 am »
I haven't seen or heard anyone say they're grateful that he chose us. Grateful is entirely your word and it doesn't reflect the opinion of anyone I've come across.

What I've come across is a lot of people who respect his decision to choose us. In a world where money seems to dictate everything in football, including where players choose to play, it's refreshing to see someone make a choice not based on money but on factors that we, as supporters, can better relate to, i.e. purely football based factors. And the fact that his decision seems to be paying off (for both him and for us as a club) makes it all the more sweet.

BIG difference to being grateful.

Fair enough. Maybe so much is made about him choosing us (from August to Jan) that it got to me.
"I want to go back to Liverpool too, but nobody loves me." - Nicolas Anelka gets self-aware on hearing of Robbie's return to Anfield, FFT April '06