Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3440016 times)

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Manchester United appoint Oín 6ollum Ar-Sakalthôr
« Reply #22600 on: January 21, 2019, 05:46:42 am »
There's a topic on the caf on whether they'd rather us win the league and finish 4th or finish 5th without us winning the league. These last 6 years have been really hard on them. The majority would rather derail their own season as long as ours is derailed as well. You'd be hard pressed to find the majority of United fans who thought that way under Ferguson. They'll absolutely roll over for City, we just have to make sure we beat them as well. No real manager would care about such pettiness but Solskjaer is no real manager and will want to further endear himself to the fanbase and show he's one of them.

I don't think the players or Solskjaer will roll over for City, no matter how much their fans would want them to. They got embarrassed in the earlier fixture and will be dying to put that right. They'll give their all in both games against City and ourselves imo.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22601 on: January 21, 2019, 06:01:32 am »
There's a topic on the caf on whether they'd rather us win the league and finish 4th or finish 5th without us winning the league. These last 6 years have been really hard on them. The majority would rather derail their own season as long as ours is derailed as well. You'd be hard pressed to find the majority of United fans who thought that way under Ferguson. They'll absolutely roll over for City, we just have to make sure we beat them as well. No real manager would care about such pettiness but Solskjaer is no real manager and will want to further endear himself to the fanbase and show he's one of them.

Do you think Man United want to be the Everton of Manchester?

If Solskjaer beats Pep then he's a step closer to getting the job full-time.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #22602 on: January 21, 2019, 06:50:17 am »

God imagine if he did? 

Won’t happen, but it would be wonderful
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #22603 on: January 21, 2019, 08:28:48 am »

I don't think the players or Solskjaer will roll over for City, no matter how much their fans would want them to. They got embarrassed in the earlier fixture and will be dying to put that right. They'll give their all in both games against City and ourselves imo.

We can all take the piss and have a laugh at their expense but all joking aside any genuine United fans won't want to see a United side roll over for City.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22604 on: January 21, 2019, 08:51:24 am »

Fucking hell, Pip isn't some form of demi-god, his plucky side can be beaten you know, especially by one of the members of the evil cartel.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22605 on: January 21, 2019, 09:17:33 am »
Fucking hell, Pip isn't some form of demi-god, his plucky side can be beaten you know, especially by one of the members of the evil cartel.
Has Pip ever been beaten by OwnGoalS?
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22606 on: January 21, 2019, 10:18:01 am »
I see their team effectively playing a bit similar to the United of the mid 90's - try and overwhelm the opposition, as for the most part upfront they have enough quality to score enough goals to beat the majority of teams in the league on their day. As it's early days it might be a little premature to suggest this, but i suspect where they'll fall short is against those sides who also possess that quality but have more structured tactical acumen in their approach. Which is fundamentally the difference between the teams of the mid 90's and the league now.

I fully expect PSG to dismantle them, could be embarrassing.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22607 on: January 21, 2019, 10:37:36 am »

Pip is a bad seed.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22608 on: January 21, 2019, 11:40:54 am »

They want to play in the Champions League. They won’t be rolling over for City.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22609 on: January 21, 2019, 01:13:14 pm »
That's why they are now the Everton of Manchester. Pathetic.
Believer

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22610 on: January 21, 2019, 01:55:34 pm »
I don't think they'll roll over for City. They might lose anyway, but Solskjaer and the players have enough pride to try and win the game.

To be fair, I don't recall Everton rolling over for City in 13/14 either. I might be misremembering, but I think they took the lead in that game and generally played well in patches, they were just beaten by the better side in the end.

Too much is made of what the fans would do in these situations. Very few players and managers are fans of the clubs they work for these days.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #22611 on: January 21, 2019, 01:59:42 pm »
I don't think they'll roll over for City. They might lose anyway, but Solskjaer and the players have enough pride to try and win the game.

To be fair, I don't recall Everton rolling over for City in 13/14 either. I might be misremembering, but I think they took the lead in that game and generally played well in patches, they were just beaten by the better side in the end.

Too much is made of what the fans would do in these situations. Very few players and managers are fans of the clubs they work for these days.

You're having a laugh, Tim Howard is still "diving" for that Dzeko header.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22612 on: January 21, 2019, 02:06:39 pm »
No, not having a laugh. Can't remember every incident from the game but they scored twice and created chances. That isn't a team trying to lose. Martinez doesn't strike me as someone who'd do that and neither does Solskjaer.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #22613 on: January 21, 2019, 02:10:20 pm »

wonder what the vote would be if they were guaranteed to win it again in the next 5 years?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #22614 on: January 21, 2019, 02:14:25 pm »

Yep. Ironically, Ross Barkley was the only one who actually had a go.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #22615 on: January 21, 2019, 02:15:01 pm »
they deserve some credit for getting themselves together and winning that many games in a row

lets see what happens after a setback though
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #22616 on: January 21, 2019, 02:26:33 pm »
No, not having a laugh. Can't remember every incident from the game but they scored twice and created chances. That isn't a team trying to lose. Martinez doesn't strike me as someone who'd do that and neither does Solskjaer.

Some of the fans certainly fewwwmeddd when Everton scored and cheered when City scored. Pathetic bunch
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #22617 on: January 21, 2019, 02:56:03 pm »
Some of the fans certainly fewwwmeddd when Everton scored and cheered when City scored. Pathetic bunch
few of our lot were like that the last day of the 94-5 season

what a weird day that was
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22618 on: January 21, 2019, 03:00:13 pm »
I see Rashford is now the second coming again after a few decent games.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22619 on: January 21, 2019, 03:14:52 pm »
I see Rashford is now the second coming again after a few decent games.

Made a prediction that Garth Crooks's team of the week would contain one / both of Pogba & Rashford before I even opened it.

Imagine my shock to find both of them in it.

The BBC also ran an article on Sunday how "Pogba is in the form of his life"

Unreal

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #22620 on: January 21, 2019, 03:17:26 pm »
He even included the grotesque Salah!!

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22621 on: January 21, 2019, 03:43:44 pm »

I wouldn’t mate, according to some a 3-2 game which they actually led in, is an intentional defeat.

I don’t understand why people can’t get their head around the idea that whilst large elements of their fan base wanted Everton to lose, the players did not. Just to point out how fucking absurd the idea that the players threw that game is, this was a few months before a World Cup, when players were vying to get call ups.

Laughable.

Obviously I’d love Everton to get a result against City as it benefits us, but also just to end this ridiculously paranoid discussion that a group of professional footballers on hundreds of thousands a week are going to throw a game in order to stitch us up.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22622 on: January 21, 2019, 03:53:14 pm »

I don’t understand why people can’t get their head around the idea that whilst large elements of their fan base wanted Everton to lose, the players did not. Just to point out how fucking absurd the idea that the players threw that game is, this was a few months before a World Cup, when players were vying to get call ups.

;D  ;D

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22623 on: January 21, 2019, 03:55:31 pm »
;D  ;D

I know you’re probably taking the piss as it’s everton we’re talking about and normally I’d agree, but that side was actually decent. Off the top of my head Stones, Barkley, Lukaku and Deulofeu would all have been in contention for World Cup call ups.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #22624 on: January 21, 2019, 04:16:52 pm »
I know you’re probably taking the piss as it’s everton we’re talking about and normally I’d agree, but that side was actually decent. Off the top of my head Stones, Barkley, Lukaku and Deulofeu would all have been in contention for World Cup call ups.

Did you watch the game...?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22625 on: January 21, 2019, 04:39:02 pm »
In that Everton v City game it was like a testimonial. Everton barely broke sweat. They lacked any intensity at all . Remember watching it vividly.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22626 on: January 21, 2019, 04:44:56 pm »
In that Everton v City game it was like a testimonial. Everton barely broke sweat. They lacked any intensity at all . Remember watching it vividly.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22627 on: January 21, 2019, 04:52:55 pm »
Did you watch the game...?

Bits of it, and from memory 2 of that group of players I named scored?

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22628 on: January 21, 2019, 07:10:29 pm »
I don't believe players would throw a game. Well maybe the actual Manc players like Neville if the opportunity had ever arisen but not real people.

However it must be strange and off putting from a psychological point of view when your own fans are desperate for you to lose.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #22629 on: January 21, 2019, 07:15:43 pm »
Nobody is throwing anything. We're getting into Donald Trump "elections are rigged" territory.
If both Everton and United are soundly beaten by City, despite playing their very best, it would not be in the least bit surprising.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #22630 on: January 21, 2019, 07:18:56 pm »
Nobody is throwing anything. We're getting into Donald Trump "elections are rigged" territory.
If both Everton and United are soundly beaten by City, despite playing their very best, it would not be in the least bit surprising.

They're not going to be anywhere near their very best, especially Everton. Not sure how you'd even think that. And they can half-arse the performance and then just throw their hands up in the air and say "but it was City" to cloud over people's eyes.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #22631 on: January 21, 2019, 07:25:50 pm »
Fair comment, that.
Everton are not on the same planet as City, and City are far superior to United on the pitch. Freak results aside, it would be no surprise whatsoever if, even if Utd and the shite play at their best, they get a spanking.

Bitters would be happy if their own side took a spanking from City and would claim they 'threw' the game to piss us off, but the reality would simply be that Everton are shite and took the beating they were going to get regardless of whether they bust their balls or not.

Edit: Particularly Everton would not be looking to bust their balls for a win, but even if they did they don't have anything like enough about them to trouble a City side that really needs the points.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:29:22 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rhysd

• Kopite
  • Igor
« Reply #22632 on: January 21, 2019, 07:31:13 pm »
Unfortunately I can see these nicking 4th place this season.

Chelsea look half arsed and Arsenal are too easy to get at.

Could even see them putting up a fight with Spurs for 3rd.

I suppose that could work out well though, if they get top 4 the clamour to give Mr Bean the job fulltime will be overwhelming.

He'll get found out sooner rather than later.
20 and 7

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22633 on: January 21, 2019, 08:10:40 pm »
Unfortunately I can see these nicking 4th place this season.

Chelsea look half arsed and Arsenal are too easy to get at.

Could even see them putting up a fight with Spurs for 3rd.

I suppose that could work out well though, if they get top 4 the clamour to give Mr Bean the job fulltime will be overwhelming.

He'll get found out sooner rather than later.

4th means they hire Ole, which means at least one more lost season. I'm fine with that.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22634 on: January 21, 2019, 08:13:21 pm »
very happy for them to get top 4 if it involves them getting a result against city!

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22635 on: January 21, 2019, 11:46:41 pm »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22636 on: January 22, 2019, 12:15:36 am »
few of our lot were like that the last day of the 94-5 season

what a weird day that was
I never ever want Liverpool beaten, I didn't give a fuck about Blackburn that day

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22637 on: January 22, 2019, 10:03:26 am »
I never ever want Liverpool beaten, I didn't give a fuck about Blackburn that day

Unique situation that day with Kenny being their manager. I really wanted them to win the league but when it came to the game I could only shout for Liverpool.
Thing with the Mancs and Everton is no other clubs in England and possibly the world have built their identity around another club not winning as much or more so than their own success.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22638 on: January 22, 2019, 10:21:28 am »
They're not going to be anywhere near their very best, especially Everton. Not sure how you'd even think that. And they can half-arse the performance and then just throw their hands up in the air and say "but it was City" to cloud over people's eyes.
Everton in particular could play to the very best of their ability and City would still batter them by 2 or 3 goals.  There would be no clouding over peoples eyes, they just aren't good enough to compete with a team like City

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22639 on: January 22, 2019, 11:38:21 am »
#10yearschallenge

Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI