Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530595 times)

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
Re: This month's mass shooting in America. 18/05/18 - 8 killed in Texas.
« Reply #2920 on: May 19, 2018, 11:22:38 pm »
What a terrible, backwards country America is. Despicable.

America isn’t terrible or backwards as a country. It’s just dominated politically by people who are. The 2nd amendment crowd though, are horrible entitled mongy c*nts to a man.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
« Reply #2921 on: May 19, 2018, 11:24:07 pm »
and most of them probably have their kids homeschooled as well so they don’t have to worry about that type of thing

Deleted my original post as I phrased it awfully but yes. If the Alfie Evans case showed us one thing, it’s that there is nothing the American right will not exploit, distort and openly lie about to manipulate the fucking simpletons who vote for them. Utter creatures.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2922 on: May 19, 2018, 11:25:19 pm »
I actually agree with her on this one, the celebration of mass murderers and terrorists probably motivates others. But you know, that's more of a 1% problem, while this evil c*nt blissfully exacerbates the 99% problem, so she can still fucking do one.

She doesn't think the same about terrorists though and besides her hypocrisy,she is really trying to blame the 'Liberal' Hollywood elites,the same ones that she whored herself around for a decade or more.

Fucking awful woman.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2923 on: May 19, 2018, 11:25:35 pm »
If all the kids were armed, or all the teachers were armed. Chances are one of them might be a super hero like Trump or Hannity and shoot the intruder and save the day.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2924 on: May 19, 2018, 11:32:08 pm »
They've moved on from blaming doors.

Fucking ghoul.
her kids are homeschooled btw

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2925 on: May 19, 2018, 11:33:08 pm »
Deleted my original post as I phrased it awfully but yes. If the Alfie Evans case showed us one thing, it’s that there is nothing the American right will not exploit, distort and openly lie about to manipulate the fucking simpletons who vote for them. Utter creatures.
aye and they love hiding behind their religion to push their horrendous agenda which if there is a god would send them all straight to hell on the first boat

Always hate seeing this thread bumped. Happens far too often.
pretty numb to this now to be honest, can’t see this ever changing
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 11:36:43 pm by Laughter is the best medicine... »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2926 on: May 19, 2018, 11:44:43 pm »
her kids are homeschooled btw

Yeah I know,she is a twat on many levels.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2927 on: May 19, 2018, 11:57:58 pm »
And his dad should be jailed along with his son,asking for privacy,FUCK OFF !!!

Santa Fe shooter’s parents say they are ‘confused’ and ask for privacy

The parents of confessed Santa Fe school shooter Dimitrious Pagourtzis say they are “confused” by their son murdering 10 people at his Texas high school.

Dimitrios Pagourtzis was the son of Antonios Pagourtzis, 63, and Rose Maria Kosmetatos. The guns he used in the massacre were owned by his father.

Despite Pagourtzis’ apparent obsession with guns and Nazis, and his posting a custom-made “Born To Kill” t-shirt on his Facebook page, they say the family says it never saw this coming.

“We are as shocked and confused as anyone else by these events that occurred,” they wrote in a statement issued off-camera. “We are gratified by the public comments made by other Santa Fe High School students that show Dimitri as we know him: a smart, quiet, sweet boy. While we remain mostly in the dark about the specifics of yesterday’s tragedy, what we have learned from media reports seems incompatible with the boy we love.”

The parents say they want to know what happened and although their son has reportedly confessed, they will not speak until the “investigation” is finished.

“We share the public’s hunger for answers as to why this happened, and will await the outcome of the investigation before speaking about these events,” they write. “We have been and will continue to cooperate with the authorities conducting the investigation, and ask for the public’s patience while it moves forward.”

The family says that they want privacy as the police investigate Dimitrios Pagourtzis’ affinity for guns, German nationalism, the NRA, Nazi music and custom t-shirts professing an affinity for killing people.

“We ask the public to please extend privacy, both to the victims and to our own family, as all of us try process these events, and begin the healing process,” they write.

Never saw it coming,so they never monitored his facebook or questioned him about his obsession with Nazis and death ?

Antonios Pagourtzis is a c*nt.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2928 on: May 20, 2018, 12:04:31 am »
My heart breaks.  :'(

REPORTER: "Was there a part of you that was like 'This isn't real. This would not happen in my school.'"

STUDENT: "No, there wasn't."

REPORTER: "How so?"

STUDENT: "It's been happening everywhere. I felt...I've always kind of felt like eventually it was going to happen here too."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/05/18/texas-school-shooting-survivor-not-surprised-bts-lead.cnn

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2929 on: May 20, 2018, 12:07:22 am »

Never saw it coming,so they never monitored his facebook or questioned him about his obsession with Nazis and death ?

And he's probably worried about this.

Adults are criminally liable for gun activity by minors

The Texas penal code holds adults responsible if a minor gains access to a “readily dischargeable firearm” (i.e. one that is loaded) and fires it. The penalties are even stiffer if a person is shot by the minor.

This means that adults can be held liable for something like a school shooting by a minor if it can be proven that they were criminally negligent with regard to that minor’s access to weapons.

The laws here are nuanced, but there is a chance an adult might be held at least partially responsible for today’s events, along with the shooter.

https://youthradio.org/journalism/facts-about-texas-gun-laws-and-young-people/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2930 on: May 20, 2018, 12:10:50 am »
And he's probably worried about this.

That code isn't worth the paper it is written on because gun owners are not forced to use a gun safe.

"He took the gun,I didn't know he had taken it or even that he knew where they were kept,I thought they were safe & I followed the law."

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2931 on: May 20, 2018, 12:57:53 am »

not that I have kids so I don’t know what happens here but do parents tend to monitor what their kids do on Facebook?

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
Well with a royal wedding round the corner it will be page 6 news soon enough
Nailed this already. Don't think I heard a peep yet on TV today talking about the massacre. All the news is fawning over the wedding. American kids getting murdered in school and one day later people are drooling over the children of foreign royalty.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2933 on: May 20, 2018, 03:51:10 am »
and most of them probably have their kids homeschooled as well so they don’t have to worry about that type of thing

No, they just have to worry about the loaded handgun with the safety off at the bottom of their KFC Bargain Bucket.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2934 on: May 20, 2018, 03:56:16 am »
She doesn't think the same about terrorists though and besides her hypocrisy,she is really trying to blame the 'Liberal' Hollywood elites,the same ones that she whored herself around for a decade or more.

Fucking awful woman.
Yeah, I read about her past and I do wonder how genuine her views are. I read a piece after the Parklands shooting by a young woman (I think she's a newsreader or reality TV D-lister or something) who was the subject of a recruitment campaign by conservative news channels. Basically they saw her blonde, big-tits, million-dollar-smile, mid-Western soccer mom look and decided she'd be perfect for peddling their guns & Jesus shite. They definitely have their "type", and this NRA c*nt fits it. That she is a failed actress who suddenly found fame as an alt-right polemicist makes it all rather suss.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2935 on: May 20, 2018, 01:59:33 pm »
America isn’t terrible or backwards as a country. It’s just dominated politically by people who are. The 2nd amendment crowd though, are horrible entitled mongy c*nts to a man.

Id say it was to be honest

A guy turned up at the latest school massacre with a Trump cap and a gun on display offering thoughts and prayers.  Yep he was carrying a gun.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #2936 on: May 20, 2018, 02:24:46 pm »
If you'd have suggested abolishing Slavery in the US in the early 19th century they would have laughed in your face

Likewise, at the start of the 20th Century people demanding that women had a vote would have been ridiculed

Things take time. It'll happen. I'm 47 and I'm sure we will see serious gun control in America before my time is done.

It's like anything when it eventually happens, everyone looks at each other, shrugs their shoulders and asks 'why the fuck didn't we do that years ago?'

Has there been any polling showing different attitudes amongst people of different ages? i.e. more support for gun control amongst younger people/voters that might suggest a change at some point, in the same way as many other social issues.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2937 on: May 20, 2018, 02:31:17 pm »
Id say it was to be honest

A guy turned up at the latest school massacre with a Trump cap and a gun on display offering thoughts and prayers.  Yep he was carrying a gun.
I don't think you can judge a country's character by the actions of just that one bloke though, insensitive, fucked up and just downright strange as his actions may have been. We can't even judge them by the millions of Trump voters - we have to remember there are millions more who voted against the narcissistic freak and continue to be horrified by him.

America has some terrible and backwards attributes sure, and some terrible and backwards people. So does pretty much every country on earth though. And we all, America included, have many wonderful people too. Folks is folks is folks, at the end of the day. Unfortunately some folks will have their own anger issues, because that always happens, and it becomes a very serious issue when those folks have piss easy access to guns.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: May 20, 2018, 02:44:25 pm »
I don't think you can judge a country's character by the actions of just that one bloke though, insensitive, fucked up and just downright strange as his actions may have been. We can't even judge them by the millions of Trump voters - we have to remember there are millions more who voted against the narcissistic freak and continue to be horrified by him.

America has some terrible and backwards attributes sure, and some terrible and backwards people. So does pretty much every country on earth though. And we all, America included, have many wonderful people too. Folks is folks is folks, at the end of the day. Unfortunately some folks will have their own anger issues, because that always happens, and it becomes a very serious issue when those folks have piss easy access to guns.

Thats true, so how do we judge a country? Would you say Saudi Arabia is backward?  I would, however there are actually some good Saudis. Most of the good ones probably get executed for being Atheists, but they still exist.

There are good Americans no doubt, however to say its not fucked up and backward is far too kind.

Guns
Ingrained racism
Capital Punishment
Healthcare
Despicable foreign policy
Right wing policies seen as the only position
Extreme homophobia
The Religious right
Evangelists
Voting Bush and Trump

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2939 on: May 20, 2018, 03:00:16 pm »
Thats true, so how do we judge a country? Would you say Saudi Arabia is backward?  I would, however there are actually some good Saudis. Most of the good ones probably get executed for being Atheists, but they still exist.

There are good Americans no doubt, however to say its not fucked up and backward is far too kind.

Guns
Ingrained racism
Capital Punishment
Healthcare
Extreme homophobia
The Religious right
Evangelists
Voting Bush and Trump

The thing is, with a couple of minor tweaks, that list could equally apply to Iran.

And I'm sure most Iranians are decent people.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2940 on: May 20, 2018, 03:03:47 pm »
The thing is, with a couple of minor tweaks, that list could equally apply to Iran.

And I'm sure most Iranians are decent people.

I know quite a few Iranians,  All of them sound as fuck. 

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2941 on: May 20, 2018, 03:05:44 pm »

Guns
Ingrained racism
Capital Punishment
Healthcare
Extreme homophobia
The Religious right
Evangelists
Voting Bush and Trump
I agree with what you mean in many ways, I just think describing a country in such simple terms is overly reductive. It's probably semantics, but I would say that while there are certain aspects of America which are fucked up and backward, I would never describe the country as a whole in that way.

More backwards and fucked up than the UK? Quite possibly. Still, every single American I've ever met has been a wonderful, kind, intelligent, person. Admittedly the ones I've met have been over here, so tend to be of a more liberal persuasion, but I think it's important to recognise the good in any nation as well as the bad. I think almost every point on your list is either a minority group over there or a minority belief, so don't see how you can judge an entire nation by those. It would actually be more valid to judge the UK by the Brexit vote, seeing as evidence suggests that a slight majority of people over here hold the views that led to that ridiculous result. Would you want us all to be generalised as mouthbreathing immigrant-hating Frottage cultists? I fucking wouldn't.

In short, while I don't mean to lecture you (and your point of view is equally as valid as my own) and actually agree that there are many facets of American culture and their politics that disturb me, I certainly disagree that it's 'far too kind' to label the US as fucked up and backward. Most of them aren't.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2942 on: May 20, 2018, 03:14:58 pm »
I agree with what you mean in many ways, I just think describing a country in such simple terms is overly reductive. It's probably semantics, but I would say that while there are certain aspects of America which are fucked up and backward, I would never describe the country as a whole in that way.

More backwards and fucked up than the UK? Quite possibly. Still, every single American I've ever met has been a wonderful, kind, intelligent, person. Admittedly the ones I've met have been over here, so tend to be of a more liberal persuasion, but I think it's important to recognise the good in any nation as well as the bad. I think almost every point on your list is either a minority group over there or a minority belief, so don't see how you can judge an entire nation by those. It would actually be more valid to judge the UK by the Brexit vote, seeing as evidence suggests that a slight majority of people over here hold the views that led to that ridiculous result. Would you want us all to be generalised as mouthbreathing immigrant-hating Frottage cultists? I fucking wouldn't.

In short, while I don't mean to lecture you (and your point of view is equally as valid as my own) and actually agree that there are many facets of American culture and their politics that disturb me, I certainly disagree that it's 'far too kind' to label the US as fucked up and backward. Most of them aren't.

Wrong thread, but not everyone who voted Brexit is an Farrage loving racist 

Im sure there are positive aspects to USA, bar the good people who come from there.  Maybe you could point them out.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: May 20, 2018, 03:36:29 pm »
Wrong thread, but not everyone who voted Brexit is an Farrage loving racist 

Im sure there are positive aspects to USA, bar the good people who come from there.  Maybe you could point them out.
Music, film, art, food, shit like that. Many technological advances, used for both good and bad, have been developed over there. If you want humanitarian type stuff then there are fuckloads of American charities that do great stuff all around the world, just as there are loads of charities from most other countries.

Look, I'm not saying that America is some sort of shining beacon of wonderment, an example to us all. All I'm saying is that characterising them as 'fucked up and backward' seems hugely unfair to me.

And yeah, I know that not everyone who voted Brexit is a Frottage loving racist. That's sort of my point - should we view all Brexit voters as racist pricks, just because a (presumable) minority of them are? And should people from other countries view all British people as racist pricks, just because a minority of Brexit voters are? I don't think so. Should we not, therefore, apply the same sense of circumspection when judging America and Americans?

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2944 on: May 20, 2018, 05:01:11 pm »
Texas shooting: Houston police chief 'hits rock bottom' on gun reform

The police chief of Houston says he has hit "rock bottom" over failure to enact gun reforms after a school shooting in nearby Santa Fe on Friday left 10 dead.

Chief Art Acevedo wrote on Facebook that he had "shed tears of sadness, pain and anger" over the shooting.

He condemned elected officials who "called for prayers, and will once again do absolutely nothing".

The shooting was the latest in a series of deadly incidents across the US that has reignited debate about gun control.

Chief Acevedo runs the police department of America's fourth most populous city, Houston, which lies nearly 40 miles (64 km) north-west of Santa Fe.

"I know some have strong feelings about gun rights but I want you to know I've hit rock bottom and I am not interested in your views as it pertains to this issue. Please do not post anything about guns aren't the problem and there's little we can do," Chief Acevedo said in his Facebook post.

"This isn't a time for prayers, and study and inaction, it's a time for prayers, action and the asking of God's forgiveness for our inaction (especially the elected officials that ran to the cameras today, acted in a solemn manner, called for prayers, and will once again do absolutely nothing)," he added.

In just a few hours, his post had received more than 22,000 reactions and 12,000 shares.

Chief Acevedo first spoke out about gun control in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting last October, and was a prominent figure in Texas's March for Our Lives demonstration following the Florida attack earlier this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44187718

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: May 20, 2018, 05:16:49 pm »
Music, film, art, food, shit like that. Many technological advances, used for both good and bad, have been developed over there. If you want humanitarian type stuff then there are fuckloads of American charities that do great stuff all around the world, just as there are loads of charities from most other countries.

Look, I'm not saying that America is some sort of shining beacon of wonderment, an example to us all. All I'm saying is that characterising them as 'fucked up and backward' seems hugely unfair to me.

And yeah, I know that not everyone who voted Brexit is a Frottage loving racist. That's sort of my point - should we view all Brexit voters as racist pricks, just because a (presumable) minority of them are? And should people from other countries view all British people as racist pricks, just because a minority of Brexit voters are? I don't think so. Should we not, therefore, apply the same sense of circumspection when judging America and Americans?

Mate if we judge them as the richest and most power country in the world then I feel they fall very short of that. Perhaps you are right and I am being to simplimistc. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2946 on: May 20, 2018, 05:27:12 pm »
not that I have kids so I don’t know what happens here but do parents tend to monitor what their kids do on Facebook?

Mine are too young but I notice when they get a new pencil so I certainly would if they rocked up wearing a Nazi trench coat.

If/when they get on FB I will certainly keep an eye on it,more for their safety than the safety of others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas school where 10 died was ‘hardened target’ with two armed guards — school board says ‘policies and procedures worked’

The Texas high school where 10 died considered itself a “hardened target,” according to a new Washington Post report.

The Post reports that the school district made an active-shooter plan and had two armed police officers walking the halls of the building where 10 died. Last fall, the school made plans to have armed teachers and staff on site under a “school marshal program,” which is a state initiative in Texas that the Post describes as “one of the country’s most aggressive and controversial policies aimed at getting more guns into classrooms.”

“They believed they were a hardened target, part of what’s expected today of the American public high school in an age when school shootings occur with alarming frequency,” The Post writes.

The Post quoted the school board president as saying that the system worked, as only 10 were killed by a shooter using a shotgun and pistol he took from his father.

“My first indication is that our policies and procedures worked,” Rusty Norman told the paper. “Having said that, the way things are, if someone wants to get into a school to create havoc, they can do it.”

The shooter, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, shot one of the two police officers in the school when confronted by him before talking to others.

Pagourtzis had reportedly planned to kill himself or die in a firefight but “chickened out.”

Well Rusty deserves to have his head kicked in & then kicked in again,if only because it may jump start his brain.

I cannot even bring myself to post what the Texas Lt. Gov has been spouting.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2947 on: May 20, 2018, 05:44:29 pm »
Only 10 kids died. Success.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2948 on: May 20, 2018, 05:51:40 pm »

Religious radicals love home-schooling. So does the spokesperson for the NRA
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2949 on: May 20, 2018, 05:54:48 pm »
Mate if we judge them as the richest and most power country in the world then I feel they fall very short of that. Perhaps you are right and I am being to simplimistc.
I apologise if it seemed like I was jumping down your throat earlier man, that was not my intention, I just sometimes get a bit defensive when I feel all Americans are being tarred with the brush that probably only their worst representatives deserve as I have a fair few yank mates who I've got a lot of love for.

For what it's worth, I agree that America, given their tremendous wealth and power, could and should be doing better and I also agree that many Americans are utter, utter fuckwits. My belief is that they're the minority though, and loads of them are actually really sound.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2950 on: May 20, 2018, 05:55:33 pm »
Thank fuck there weren't more doors, otherwise we could have had a real tragedy on our hands.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2951 on: May 20, 2018, 06:05:25 pm »
Thank fuck there weren't more doors, otherwise we could have had a real tragedy on our hands.

Bloody doors causing all this death.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #2952 on: May 20, 2018, 06:14:09 pm »

That is debatable. The inverse could be argued that successive administrations have masked what we are all seeing now...Obama could do nothing about gun control after Sandy Hook. Nothing! America is what it is.

They are not any better or worse than the rest of humanity. They just believe in mythology that makes them think they are. And yet the result of being the richest nation on earth is...pretty uninspiring and occasionally a horror show.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2953 on: May 20, 2018, 06:25:38 pm »
It's like these people with hard-ons for their Glocks are going

Genuinely makes me feel fucking ill.  We had Dunblane and we were all "Ah, fair enough, yeah I can see why you'd want to do that" whereas the US... god, it's just so disgustingly ingrained in their culture.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2954 on: May 20, 2018, 06:27:13 pm »
I apologise if it seemed like I was jumping down your throat earlier man, that was not my intention,

Mate absolutely nothing to apologise for. Nothing at all.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2955 on: May 20, 2018, 08:24:15 pm »
That is debatable. The inverse could be argued that successive administrations have masked what we are all seeing now...Obama could do nothing about gun control after Sandy Hook. Nothing! America is what it is.

They are not any better or worse than the rest of humanity. They just believe in mythology that makes them think they are. And yet the result of being the richest nation on earth is...pretty uninspiring and occasionally a horror show.

Djozer, thank you your reply earlier made my day. And this by Giono rings very very true to this American

As a kid I never thought about how often we god dropped, like "ok kids god bless first period and home room!  'OUR FATHER, WHO....'" and I grew up in capitalist pig city not Bible Belt.

To my untrained eye we've run hog wild with capitalism, where profits not merits determine success or failure. And we dress it up with God and America is the greatest country ever, because most people here don't embrace learning from history, that other empires have been preeminent and then lost to history. The GOP's all encompassing message is, to me, greed.  I'm an independent voter but I feel forced into a corner, so I'll use the us, but I think us Dems are guilty of it too, to a lesser degree...I hope?  It feels inescapable both my need for the dems, who build pressure on things like gun law to get things changed like here in Vermont, and the American mentality of more more more now now now.  There are so many of us who are good people, kind, smart, funny, you'll get the best jokes out of the least likeliest sources, we're capable in a pinch, but I traveled much before I settled down and from my extended family, friends and travels I do get the sense that we largely are soft. In a cocoon. Don't get me wrong, things aren't hunky dory, heroin and it's cousins are everywhereeeee, Trumps is really helping mend our fucked up history of racial animus, and the change in technology in last 20 years from "no internet" to "everything online" has been as jarring here and left as many people confused and angry as anywhere else, which I think largely factors into the Brexit and Trump voters, because if everything is a mystery where's the harm in tearing it up  (and from what I've seen angry at a mystery you-can't-see-them cloud of bees it must seem like, as the RustBelt predictions of 40 years all became true and finance became one of our biggest industries....leading to a need for enemies, stoking racial and religious animus.....GUYS ITS A GREAT MIX)

I'm a child of the NYC area and I live in VT but I'm thinking of NJ, Maryland, Virginia, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona, Washington State, Oregon, Texas, Arkansas, CT, and others typing this. The people and the way we talked about what we talked about.

Now, I think everything I've typed is pretty downbeat, and accurate fwiw.  And I think America is going to do better by the world because of this generation coming up now.  I think America will always be a profoundly fucked up place with poorly weighted values (e.g. Doors>children) but I think we can make a change. I hope in the meantime America doesn't fuck up the world too bad, and unfortunately I think the results of trump are going to be way more far reaching and divisive long term than we can see today, but I still have hope that America is that place that respects and protects freedom

Sincerely,
A person who by sending this is knowingly, given current NSA and American Telco co. practices under the Patriot Act, creating a copy of every word typed in both their databases.  Freedom!  Freedom?

PS- There's always more to think about and change. In the meantime if you're American and you believe it's right- support candidates who will not accept NRA donations, for one.

Liverpool always gives me hope. I mean, Jay Spearing. John Arne Riise might have only had one foot!  But ohhhhhhh what a beauty......
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:26:24 pm by mallin9 »
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: This month's mass shooting in America. 18/05/18 - 10 killed in Texas.
« Reply #2956 on: May 22, 2018, 07:46:11 pm »
"Police are responding to an active shooter at an apartment complex in Panama City, Florida, the public information officer for the Bay County Sheriff's office has confirmed to The Independent.

It is unclear if how many people may have been injured in the incident, but local media indicated that at least one person had been grazed by the gun fire. That individual, according to a Fox News affiliate, is in stable condition.

People in the area have posted on social media saying that they saw Swat team members responding to the active shooting incident, and witnesses have said that they heard more than 50 shots fired.

Kim Coram, the co-owner of the nearby restaurant Charlie Coram's Place, told The Independent that the gunfire stopped just after 2pm local time, but that she and her customers heard several rounds of fire, with 20 to 30 shots each round. Ms Coram said that her restaurant locked down after they heard those shots, and that there are police cars, unmarked police, ambulances, fire trucks, and an armoured Swat vehicle on the scene.

"The shooter unloaded 20 or more shots in the armoured vehicle," Ms Coram, whose brother is on the Swat team, said.

The police response to the active shooter blocked off traffic on at least one road, leading to congestion in other parts of the city.

The Bay County Sheriff's office confirmed that their officers are working alongside the local police force to end the active shooter situation. Reports indicate that the nearby Walton County Sheriff's office had deployed its Swat team to assist in the shoot out response.

The public information officer for the Walton County Sheriff's Department confirmed that they are assisting with the incident in Panama City. That sheriff's department has been investigating a "suspicious death" in Santa Rosa Beach, that officer said, but could not confirm that the activity in Bay County was at all related."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/panama-city-shooting-latest-florida-gun-shots-apartment-complex-us-a8364276.html

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2957 on: May 22, 2018, 07:54:53 pm »
Told you he was a c*nt.

Texas school shooter’s dad says his son is a ‘victim’ — and he has the ‘same exact pain’ as parents of slain kids

The father of Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the 17-year-old who went into his Texas high school and killed 10 people last week, says his son is “a good boy” and “victim.”

Antonios Pagourtzis told The Wall Street Journal that his son was bullied.

“My son, to me, is not a criminal. He’s a victim,” the elder Pagourtzis said.

According to Houston’s WREG, the father has a troubled past, having twice been charged with misdemeanor assault. In 2008, the Greek immigrant was convicted of illegally dumping wood materials.

Antonios Pagourtzis, whose son reportedly chickened out on the plan to kill himself after committing a massacre, says he has “the same exact pain” as the parents of those children who his son killed.

“I feel the pain of the others, but I have the same pain. I have the same exact pain,” Pagourtzis said. “Something must have happened now, this last week. Somebody probably came and hurt him, and since he was a solid boy, I don’t know what could have happened. I can’t say what happened. All I can say is what I suspect as a father, because I’ve lost my boy.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: May 22, 2018, 08:10:18 pm »
Told you he was a c*nt.

There are reasons why his son did what he did and maybe he was a victim, but there is no fucking way on earth he feels the same pain as those who have lost children to this senseless act.

Agree he is a c*nt.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2959 on: May 22, 2018, 08:13:07 pm »
Beware Greeks bearing armalite rifles, pipe bombs and automatic pistols. Is how the saying goes I believe.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family