Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1231621 times)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #7960 on: January 13, 2018, 11:40:59 pm »
State of the ending in Happy's latest episode.  :lmao

It is amazing,sick as fuck.  ;D ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hC3AphnJLbE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hC3AphnJLbE</a>
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7961 on: January 14, 2018, 11:08:00 am »

Still can't see Reese Witherspoon without thinking of that Family Guy episode where they use her sharp chin to cut open a bank vault tho :lmao

Whenever someone mentions her name in chats we're having, I feel compelled to mention that scene. Can't help it.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7962 on: January 14, 2018, 07:30:56 pm »
Was bored late last night looking for something to watch.

And ended up watching the first 3 episodes of The good Doctor from the creators of House I enjoyed it about Autistic surgeon.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fYlZDTru55g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fYlZDTru55g</a>
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7963 on: January 14, 2018, 08:24:09 pm »
I may watch it in a few years but they obviously told him that they wanted the Character to be like his portrayal of Norman Bates.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #7964 on: January 14, 2018, 08:46:42 pm »
Great series I'm looking forward to second season.

Started watching this weekend and now kinda addicted to it. Shot in the Dark is definitely a real-life version of Nightcrawler, I just find it morally wrong on how these guys are feeding off other peoples misfortune.

These stringers are definitely wannabe cops or firefighters, that guy Scott Lane is a fooking bellend though, busting red lights, aggressive driving, utter tit.

Definitely worth a watch.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7965 on: January 15, 2018, 12:23:23 pm »
Anyone else planning on watching the new show 'Britannia' being heavily advertised on Sky?

Starts this Thursday on Sky Atlantic and looks to be some sort of GoT, Vikings type hybrid.

I'm not holding my breath as to it being any good, but will give it a go.  its a Sky/Amazon Prime collaboration i believe.

Synopsis (From Wiki)

Set in AD 43, the series follows ancient Rome's conquest of the Celts in the British Isles — "a mysterious land ruled by wild warrior women and powerful druids who can channel the powerful forces of the underworld." Celtic rivals Kerra and Antedia must work together to fight off the Roman invasion led by Aulus Plautius.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7966 on: January 15, 2018, 12:28:22 pm »
Anyone else planning on watching the new show 'Britannia' being heavily advertised on Sky?

Sounds Brexit as fuck from the title so that's a no from me ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7967 on: January 15, 2018, 06:58:41 pm »

Starts this Thursday on Sky Atlantic and looks to be some sort of GoT, Vikings type hybrid.

I'm not holding my breath as to it being any good, but will give it a go.  its a Sky/Amazon Prime collaboration i believe.

Synopsis (From Wiki)

Set in AD 43, the series follows ancient Rome's conquest of the Celts in the British Isles — "a mysterious land ruled by wild warrior women and powerful druids who can channel the powerful forces of the underworld." Celtic rivals Kerra and Antedia must work together to fight off the Roman invasion led by Aulus Plautius.

I am looking forward to it,have been since the first trailer during the GOT finale.Will be able to binge it as well because they're releasing all the episodes together.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #7968 on: January 16, 2018, 02:15:34 pm »
The end of the fucking world was a lot of fun, if flawed. Great lead actors!

Enjoyed it. Wish the episodes had been maybe 10 minutes longer but it's still fun nonetheless. Would like a 2nd series though, thought the ending was a bit underwhelming
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #7969 on: January 17, 2018, 11:07:04 am »
Finished it last night. It started brilliantly, then dropped off a bit and despite the few leaps of faith that it asks you to do, it was very enjoyable.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7970 on: January 17, 2018, 02:19:31 pm »

Synopsis (From Wiki)

Isnt the complete series released today?

I will give it a go but when I have watched the trailer it doesn't fill me with great hope the acting seems a bit wooden and the dialogue doesnt seem right.

But like I said I will give it a go I love stuff like this when done well. 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:21:40 pm by Trada »

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline masterbaker

• kneads a good rise.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Sunshine Bores The Daylights Out Of Me
« Reply #7971 on: January 17, 2018, 11:02:10 pm »
Watched and loved 'The end of the f***ing world' but did any one else get a modern day 'One summer' vibe off it?

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7972 on: January 18, 2018, 02:02:41 pm »
I take back all I said about McMafia after episode 3.  Episode 4 was bloody ace. 

The whole computer hacking story-line was great.

(Alex' annoying and nosy missus is still pissing me off though)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7973 on: January 18, 2018, 05:17:50 pm »
I take back all I said about McMafia after episode 3.  Episode 4 was bloody ace. 

The whole computer hacking story-line was great.

(Alex' annoying and nosy missus is still pissing me off though)
I agree fantastic episode.

Hacking that port using a vending machine was amazing.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7974 on: January 18, 2018, 07:30:14 pm »
Anyone watching "The end of the f****** world" on netflix?

Thoughts?

I'm not sure what to make of it, though I enjoy it. Feel psychotic laughing at some of the scenes that in any other show would be clearly wrong to laugh at. Only a few episodes in. Very uncomfortable at times
Spoiler
The bathroom scene with the man who picked them up as hitchhikers. Immediate reaction was to laugh as he said "sometimes I just let people do things to me" so non chalantly, but then my emotions did a 180 as the event unfolded and my slow brain realized the severity of that situation. Very confusing feeling. Especially considering I'm laughing at the scenes where the voice overs for their thoughts are so conflicting. E.g. "Does he like me?" Then to him "I probably shouldn't kill her here". Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm supposed laugh at a scene or not.
[close]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:33:32 pm by BRdispatch05 »
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7975 on: January 18, 2018, 09:24:33 pm »

Thoughts?

The End of the Fucking World was excellent.....funny, grim, doom-laden, slightly disturbing, boss soundtrack, great cast and the two leads were superb......v enjoyable
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7976 on: January 19, 2018, 12:26:35 am »

Spoiler
I just finished the last episode. Damn you brits and your typical ending of series early! I hope I'm wrong. They didn't leave it clear.
 What an amazing script. I guess that was based on an original book. I hope if they continue it's well thought out
[close]

I looked up a few pages but didn't see anything regarding it. My mistake.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7977 on: January 19, 2018, 03:50:42 am »
Just watched episode 6 of Happy :D Gotta love that show. I love the relationship between Happy and Sax. And from what I saw of next weeks trailer it is about to get weirder.

I wanna know what the kid said to the priest to make the priest go the way he did. Interesting sub plot that will probably turn into a major plot next season as long as it isn't cancelled.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7978 on: January 20, 2018, 03:38:31 pm »
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - on Netflix- it is weird but fantastic. Kind of like a Brian Fuller aesthetic where outlandish characters  and bright colours coexist with a very dark storyline. Terrific cast including Elijah Wood from the beginning and Alan  Tudyk joins in Season 2.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #7979 on: January 20, 2018, 05:53:32 pm »
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency - on Netflix- it is weird but fantastic. Kind of like a Brian Fuller aesthetic where outlandish characters  and bright colours coexist with a very dark storyline. Terrific cast including Elijah Wood from the beginning and Alan  Tudyk joins in Season 2.

This is brilliant.Bat shit crazy but brilliant.

Loved Fiona Dourif's character.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7980 on: January 20, 2018, 08:12:07 pm »
Gave Brittania 2 episodes. Looks great but couldn't get into it - too many things going on, didn't feel like I was engaging with the characters. Like GOT but x 100 pace.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7981 on: January 20, 2018, 08:43:33 pm »
Gave Brittania 2 episodes. Looks great but couldn't get into it - too many things going on, didn't feel like I was engaging with the characters. Like GOT but x 100 pace.

How they spoke got on nerves saying things like "wanker" they said they had a historian working on the show to make sure things were correct this word wasnt used until at least the 19th century and the acting was very iffy.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7982 on: January 20, 2018, 08:43:52 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/X58fcXjR-pg&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/X58fcXjR-pg&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Alex, Inc.

I'm looking forward to this, it's good to see JD (sorry I mean Zach)  ;D back on TV.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #7983 on: January 20, 2018, 08:59:37 pm »
How they spoke got on nerves saying things like "wanker" they said they had a historian working on the show to make sure things were correct this word wasnt used until at least the 19th century and the acting was very iffy.

They would have been speaking Brittonic or Latin. So pretty well none of the words were accurate...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7984 on: January 20, 2018, 09:47:52 pm »
"The Good Place" Suprisingly good. Quite cheesy. Very quirky. Thought I'd only watch a couple. Now have watched them all and new episodes as they come along.

The switch from S1 to S2 was very good as well. I liked that.

Doesn't make much sense monstly, but hey. Go with it. The characters are all very likeable and have good chemistry.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7985 on: January 21, 2018, 01:01:26 am »
Did anyone find out why dave 5516 stopped posting by the way?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #7986 on: January 21, 2018, 07:04:44 am »

Thoughts?

I'm not sure what to make of it, though I enjoy it. Feel psychotic laughing at some of the scenes that in any other show would be clearly wrong to laugh at. Only a few episodes in. Very uncomfortable at times
Spoiler
The bathroom scene with the man who picked them up as hitchhikers. Immediate reaction was to laugh as he said "sometimes I just let people do things to me" so non chalantly, but then my emotions did a 180 as the event unfolded and my slow brain realized the severity of that situation. Very confusing feeling. Especially considering I'm laughing at the scenes where the voice overs for their thoughts are so conflicting. E.g. "Does he like me?" Then to him "I probably shouldn't kill her here". Sometimes I'm not sure if I'm supposed laugh at a scene or not.
[close]

Watched the whole thing in one go on Friday night, got hooked. Thought it was brilliant. Funny, touching, dark and beautifully written.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7987 on: January 21, 2018, 03:59:40 pm »
This is brilliant.Bat shit crazy but brilliant.

Loved Fiona Dourif's character.

Yes, Bart is awesome. Even Todd has grown a lot in Season 2, Dirk makes more sense and Amanda remains badass as ever. If you like eye candy - the cast is just stupidly pretty. BBC America has cancelled it but there is a campaign to get Netflix to pick it up. Though the cancellation might also be influenced by the allegations against Max Landis.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #7988 on: January 22, 2018, 09:28:12 am »
"The Good Place" Suprisingly good. Quite cheesy. Very quirky. Thought I'd only watch a couple. Now have watched them all and new episodes as they come along.

The switch from S1 to S2 was very good as well. I liked that.

Doesn't make much sense monstly, but hey. Go with it. The characters are all very likeable and have good chemistry.
Really enjoying this. Think I could enjoy any comedy with Danson in though.
AHA!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #7989 on: January 22, 2018, 09:43:48 am »
Really enjoying this. Think I could enjoy any comedy with Danson in though.

Made in America?

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7990 on: January 23, 2018, 03:27:38 pm »
Anyone watch Designated Survivor? I've just finished series one and am a big fan
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7991 on: January 24, 2018, 03:00:29 am »
Britannia starts getting well weird in episode 5 or 6. The first couple of episodes were ok but it really gets better later on. Worth watching in my opinion.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7992 on: January 24, 2018, 03:28:39 am »
Anyone watch Designated Survivor? I've just finished series one and am a big fan

Yes I enjoy watching it.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7993 on: January 24, 2018, 08:57:45 am »
Black Lightning got a great review in the guardian and has a great RT score. It started on Netflix yesterday.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7994 on: January 24, 2018, 10:27:53 am »
Black Lightning got a great review in the guardian and has a great RT score. It started on Netflix yesterday.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]

I watched the first episode a few days ago, it was decent enough but pretty cheesy. It'll be interesting to see how far it goes with some of the police brutality/profiling stuff.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7995 on: January 24, 2018, 07:22:56 pm »
I watched the first episode a few days ago, it was decent enough but pretty cheesy. It'll be interesting to see how far it goes with some of the police brutality/profiling stuff.

Yeah just watched the first episode before, it’s like a cheesy version of Luke Cage.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7996 on: January 24, 2018, 09:15:19 pm »
I enjoyed episode 1 of The Alienist a new show from TNT.

The best-selling book by Caleb Carr is the basis for "The Alienist," a psychological thriller set amidst the vast wealth, extreme poverty and technological innovation of 1896 New York. A never-before-seen ritualistic killer is responsible for the gruesome murders of boy prostitutes, and newly appointed police commissioner Theodore Roosevelt calls upon criminal psychologist Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, newspaper illustrator John Moore and police department secretary Sara Howard to conduct the investigation in secret. The brilliant, obsessive Kreizler is known as an alienist -- one who studies mental pathologies and the deviant behaviors of those who are alienated from themselves and society. His job, along with his controversial views, makes him a social pariah in some circles. But helped by a band of outsiders, Kreizler's tireless efforts eventually answer the question behind what makes a man into a murderer.

Think Ripper Street set in NY.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7997 on: January 25, 2018, 09:16:16 am »
Loudermilk - the new Peter Farrelly comedy on Amazon...starring the terrific Ron Livingstone as a misanthropic recovering addict who runs a recovery/AA group....very funny..brilliant ensemble cast of fuckups..great soundtrack....my new favourite show. V much Recommended
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #7998 on: January 25, 2018, 08:31:13 pm »
Watched the first episode of Waco earlier. Great cast but was pretty bored by it. Almost like it's made with the assumption you don't know what happens in the end.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #7999 on: January 27, 2018, 11:19:20 pm »
Just watched the first episode of Knightfall the History channels new series about the Knights Templar's and the search for the holy grail,  really enjoyed it looks like they have spent a lot of money on it and glad they didn't shy away from how the Jews were treated then.

Not sure if it will reach the success of Vikings but I will carry on watching it for now.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IWJMrwu_nh0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IWJMrwu_nh0</a>

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:56:21 am by Trada »