Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1233408 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #8160 on: March 12, 2018, 09:01:00 pm »
Watching season 2 of Sneaky Pete, up to episode 5...

So far not as good as season 1, but still enjoyable and worth a watch. Focus is less on Pete/Marius this season, which allows for exploration of other characters.

One absolute stand-out moment in episode 5...

NSFW
Spoiler
When the absolutely drop-dead, stunningly gorgeous, yet endearingly awkward Marin Ireland as Julia tells Pete/Marius that his cousin Steve "wrecks it nightly" :lickin...
[close]

Skillfully placed bit of humor in the dark general atmosphere, and dear God, Marin Ireland...:D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8161 on: March 13, 2018, 11:35:42 am »
Midway to Seven Seconds. A mix of racial issues, The Wire and The Shield. It's decent.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #8162 on: March 13, 2018, 01:50:27 pm »

So far not as good as season 1, but still enjoyable and worth a watch. Focus is less on Pete/Marius this season, which allows for exploration of other characters.

NSFW
Spoiler
When the absolutely drop-dead, stunningly gorgeous, yet endearingly awkward Marin Ireland as Julia tells Pete/Marius that his cousin Steve "wrecks it nightly" :lickin...
[close]

Skillfully placed bit of humor in the dark general atmosphere, and dear God, Marin Ireland...:D

Hmmm. I found the 1st series to be a bit up and down but enjoyed it overall.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #8163 on: March 13, 2018, 08:00:14 pm »
Literally just read that, thanks though. Also this is confusing me a bit,. You have to have a Prime membership or an Amazon subscription to watch the channels etc....do I need to be signed up to anything to us Terrarium TV or is it plaug and play out the box?
I  use it some films  you pay for, some are free, others are free only to prime same for TV series but i have prime  also they have apps for catch up with BBC, Chanel 4, Chennel 5 and ITV . I switch from that and Netflix on my Apple TV also Apple TV now have the amazon site but it is not as easy to navigate as using the stick in my opinion
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #8164 on: March 13, 2018, 08:23:19 pm »
I  use it some films  you pay for, some are free, others are free only to prime same for TV series but i have prime  also they have apps for catch up with BBC, Chanel 4, Chennel 5 and ITV . I switch from that and Netflix on my Apple TV also Apple TV now have the amazon site but it is not as easy to navigate as using the stick in my opinion

Ok, cheers mate :wave
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #8165 on: March 14, 2018, 10:47:45 pm »
High Maintenance is one of the most creative, original and well acted & shot television I've seen in a while. The guy (potrayed by Ben Sinclair) is a pot dealer in New York and goes to meet his clients. It's really short, around 28 minutes long for an episode but it's much more than a story about weed guy. I strongly recommend this to anyone, the message and positive vibe had me fell in love with this show instantly. Only wish there would be more seasons though :(
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8166 on: March 15, 2018, 02:20:57 am »

NSFW
Spoiler
[close]

I fell asleep.

Spoiler
It ended up being an elongated low-rent (if possible) version of the Oceans 11 universe
[close]
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8167 on: March 15, 2018, 01:56:11 pm »
Just finished watching Border Town another good scandi series. Also just had an email telling me Occupation 2 is coming on Netflix soon.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8168 on: March 16, 2018, 12:45:57 am »
Also just had an email telling me Occupation 2 is coming on Netflix soon.

Got that too.  I found the first series compelling viewing, looking forward to a second.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #8169 on: March 17, 2018, 10:14:59 am »
Ricky Gervais's 'Humanity'...new standup special on Netflix....funny as fuck
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8170 on: March 17, 2018, 10:23:27 am »
Midway to Seven Seconds. A mix of racial issues, The Wire and The Shield. It's decent.

Few over the top moments but hard hitting and very good overall.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8171 on: March 18, 2018, 11:24:58 am »
The guy they introduced in the first couple of episodes on Atlanta is some piece of work, isn't he? The 'no chase policy' and the job interview had me laughing out loud.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8172 on: March 19, 2018, 02:21:03 am »
There's a good TV documentary on Netflix that has just been released called Wild Wild Country.

A six-parter, it focusses on the cult of Rajneesh and the creation of a town in America in the 1980s called Rajneeshville (or something...).

It's all new-age pap with post-war hippies trying eastern mysticism. A load of cobbles with free love, group hypnosis (and sometimes psychosis), meditation and power/greed.

It is worth a watch if you're into looking at people and wondering what the fuck was going through their minds, but I found it interesting nonetheless. Draws some good distinctions of thought patterns and 'soulessness'... capitalism and organised religion.

Whilst these people, are seriously deluded - it does spring questions about the whole business of religion and humans need for the ethereal or unexplainable. The true power of mysticism is the mystery of it and whilst some of these people can't see they are being made to believe those very physical and biological reactions that they are experiencing, are just that, it does show you the power of assembly and community. The powers that be (the federal/state government), are petrified of any kind of new order or new thought damaging the very fabrics of church/state, state/church that is in place and it baffles me that they could act toward a cult, like this, and yet, not act against cults like Scientology.

Anyhow, give it a go - it is good TV. There is a lot of stuff that people will remember, and a lot that they will not. I found it very interesting and kept me entertained.

It is on Netflix now and you won't be disappointed. Well... unless you are a follower of faith or religion (which is entirely your choice).
Continually on 11,420.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8173 on: March 19, 2018, 12:40:24 pm »
Counterpart is so damn good tv viewing.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #8174 on: March 19, 2018, 06:58:51 pm »
There's a good TV documentary on Netflix that has just been released called Wild Wild Country.

Watching an episode a night of this & tonight will be episode 3. Was before my time, have never heard of these events before.
Really interesting so far, would recommend it.

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #8175 on: March 19, 2018, 07:45:17 pm »
Counterpart is so damn good tv viewing.

It really is. It is going from strength to strength, getting better and better. Really enjoying this.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8176 on: March 20, 2018, 06:50:12 pm »
I've recently started watching The Prisoner (1967) for the first time.

Wow, amazing show and despite when it was filmed it hasn't aged a day. Beautifully shot, consistently engaging and with just the right amount of eccentric touches. I can see clear influences of it in lots of TV since  as well now, which is pretty cool - like Twin Peaks, Legion, The Good Place.

I went to Portmeirion a few times as a kid and loved it, and I've been aware of the show ever since but just not really thought of watching it til now. I really recommend it, great stuff. I know I'm behind the times on this one (just a bit), would love to hear some thoughts about it.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8177 on: March 20, 2018, 07:38:03 pm »

Wow, amazing show and despite when it was filmed it hasn't aged a day. Beautifully shot, consistently engaging and with just the right amount of eccentric touches. I can see clear influences of it in lots of TV since  as well now, which is pretty cool - like Twin Peaks, Legion, The Good Place.

I went to Portmeirion a few times as a kid and loved it, and I've been aware of the show ever since but just not really thought of watching it til now. I really recommend it, great stuff. I know I'm behind the times on this one (just a bit), would love to hear some thoughts about it.

Nothing more can be added really - a product of its time - much like Twin Peaks, it set the bar for TV at the time and plenty tried to replicate the tone, but failed miserably.

I think Brian Cox (the actor) did a woodworking/joining job on it.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8178 on: March 21, 2018, 12:02:25 am »
Watched the end of 7 seconds today pretty good to be fair not perfect though, i also watched a doc about Watts in LA and finished Flint Town all good stuff.

Online Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8179 on: March 21, 2018, 12:08:59 am »

Portmeirion's wicked, eh? I grew up just a few miles from it, so I went a few times as a kid and always loved it too. Keep on meaning to watch The Prisoner - I've seen the odd episode here and there, but I get the impression it would help a lot to watch it all the way through in order.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8180 on: March 21, 2018, 12:28:57 pm »
Portmeirion's wicked, eh? I grew up just a few miles from it, so I went a few times as a kid and always loved it too. Keep on meaning to watch The Prisoner - I've seen the odd episode here and there, but I get the impression it would help a lot to watch it all the way through in order.

It was lovely, keep meaning to go back. I'd forgotten about that daft concrete boat until I watched the show as well!

Mate you have to get on it, brilliant show. Apparently it was aired out of sequence and there's differing interpretations for the true running order. I quite like that as it adds an extra layer of mystery to it all. The first and final three episodes are pretty much set in stone, but there's some argument on ordering in between. Here's a good wiki page that gives you some information:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Prisoner_episodes

I'm using the KTEH version and it's worked pretty well so far. The episodes are floating round youtube if youre interested, it's a bit of a bastard to get hold of otherwise.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8181 on: March 22, 2018, 02:23:35 pm »
Bit crazy for Bertie from Love

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #8182 on: March 22, 2018, 05:32:12 pm »
Bit crazy for Bertie from Love

She's really adorable, despite that accent  ;)
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #8183 on: March 22, 2018, 05:33:40 pm »
She's really adorable, despite that accent  ;)
I adore her accent. :)

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #8184 on: March 22, 2018, 10:53:53 pm »
Err hang on a minute young man.  Rachel Bloom is a fucking goddess no less. I don't mind admitting it i fancy the bones of her all day long.  Her character is brilliant too.

Our Dave introduced me to this ages ago and last I heard Dave hadn't even watched the 2nd series.

Crazy EX GF is one of the quirkiest, funniest and well written comedies I've watched in years.

Anyone watched the opener from Season 3 yet?  Downloading it now for tomorrow.

Don't come in here often, like to check every now and again that at least one person is banging the "Crazy Ex Girlfriend" drum. As you were.

P.S. watch it and Don't abandon it the second the first song kicks in. You won't regret it.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #8185 on: March 22, 2018, 11:53:27 pm »
Final Space, for those who like cartoons is rather good. Not quite Rick and Morty but something decent nonetheless.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8186 on: March 23, 2018, 10:10:50 am »
Don't come in here often, like to check every now and again that at least one person is banging the "Crazy Ex Girlfriend" drum. As you were.

P.S. watch it and Don't abandon it the second the first song kicks in. You won't regret it.

Well said HH.  I think some of the songs are brilliant.  Rachel Bloom is one of the funniest women on TV IMO.

You've also reminded me to watch the last 6 episodes of season 3.  There was a month break over Christmas and I forgot to catch up. :)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8187 on: March 23, 2018, 12:48:41 pm »

Slightly further away i grew up in Colwyn Bay but we loved visiting Portmeirion.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8188 on: March 23, 2018, 12:52:30 pm »
'Before We Die' another Walter presents has been good so far.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/before-we-die

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #8189 on: March 23, 2018, 09:03:39 pm »
Well said HH.  I think some of the songs are brilliant.  Rachel Bloom is one of the funniest women on TV IMO.

You've also reminded me to watch the last 6 episodes of season 3.  There was a month break over Christmas and I forgot to catch up. :)

"Nothing is ever anyone's fault" from the finale is one of my very favourites. Enjoy.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8190 on: March 24, 2018, 02:57:04 am »
Anybody been watch David Cross's new show "Bliss" on Sky One starring Stephen Mangan?

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8191 on: March 24, 2018, 06:56:45 am »
Anybody been watch David Cross's new show "Bliss" on Sky One starring Stephen Mangan?

Yes, been watching it every week but find it stressful somehow. I want to punch him so hard. Cant work out where the show is going either but its definitely different.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8192 on: March 24, 2018, 07:13:04 am »
Any stoners out there watching High Maintenance? Enjoyed the first 2 eps.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #8193 on: March 25, 2018, 05:44:44 pm »
New series of Billions and Silicone Valley out tomorrow.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8194 on: March 26, 2018, 02:11:26 am »
Yes, been watching it every week but find it stressful somehow. I want to punch him so hard. Cant work out where the show is going either but its definitely different.

Exactly my feelings on it as well. It's agony to watch, like a self induced anxiety attack, but yet I feel the need to watch it every week. It being labelled a "comedy" is WAY wide of the mark.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8195 on: March 26, 2018, 06:56:19 am »
Exactly my feelings on it as well. It's agony to watch, like a self induced anxiety attack, but yet I feel the need to watch it every week. It being labelled a "comedy" is WAY wide of the mark.

Yes, I agree, sitcom is pushing it. Looks like this series is over so they must have an idea of where its going. Stephen Mangan must be a good actor I guess, as I usually like him but in this he makes me hate him. Its nice to see Heather Graham again as well.

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8196 on: March 26, 2018, 09:12:05 am »
Any stoners out there watching High Maintenance? Enjoyed the first 2 eps.

Yep. Been a fan since the original web-series days. I think it's superb - lovely little vignettes into people's lives. Season two has just finished and I'm pretty gutted!

Read an interesting article about the show the other day. Ben Sinclair ("the guy") is one of the co-writers along with his ex-wife. They divorced not too long ago when she came out as gay. They have continued to write the show together despite having split up.

Spoiler
This, of course, mirrors the guy's story as well yet, strangely, they wrote the guy's story before they had even broken up or before Katja came out as gay!
[close]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 09:43:30 am by .adam »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #8197 on: March 26, 2018, 02:55:05 pm »
New series of Billions and Silicone Valley out tomorrow.

Sky Atlantic showing Billions this week, but not SV until next week.

Final season of The Americans starting this week too.  Finally some decent shows starting up again after a barren start to the year.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8198 on: March 26, 2018, 03:24:17 pm »
Anyone catch the '100 years of the RAF' last night with Ewan Mcgregor and his former RAF pilot brother Colin?

Proper Sunday night viewing that was really intriguing and interesting.

The program charted the RAF from its inception in 1918 though to present day.  The McGregor brothers went up and flew in various aircraft used throughout the ages and spoke frankly to Veteran fighter pilots, ATA pilots and Bomber squadron members. Some funny, scary and heartwarming stories from the arl lads and lasses.

Brilliant well made program as we come to expect of the BBC.

Recommended watch on catch-up if you can.

Online Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8199 on: March 26, 2018, 03:44:55 pm »
Anyone catch the '100 years of the RAF' last night with Ewan Mcgregor and his former RAF pilot brother Colin?

Proper Sunday night viewing that was really intriguing and interesting.

The program charted the RAF from its inception in 1918 though to present day.  The McGregor brothers went up and flew in various aircraft used throughout the ages and spoke frankly to Veteran fighter pilots, ATA pilots and Bomber squadron members. Some funny, scary and heartwarming stories from the arl lads and lasses.

Brilliant well made program as we come to expect of the BBC.

Recommended watch on catch-up if you can.

Yes, was a great program. I really enjoyed it, I am particularly interested in WW1 and WW2. I love seeing the old boys on these sort of shows, heroes everyone of them.
The McGregors did a show along similar lines a couple of years back but that was all about the Hurricane and Spitfire.