Author Topic: Arsenal  (Read 5736236 times)

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Arsenal Thread - Wenger Gone - Unai Emery appointed
« Reply #51240 on: October 27, 2018, 09:27:03 am »
West Ham H
Cardiff A
Newcastle A
Vorskla H
Everton H
Brentford H
Watford H
Qarabaq A
Fulham A
Leicester H
Sporting A
I don't think you can definitively write off any side that's only two points off the top at this point in the season, but that list brings a bit of perspective to their winning run

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51241 on: October 27, 2018, 09:36:38 am »
They dont seem much different to Wengers lasr few years at the moment. Enough attacking quality to beat most lower teams, but not good in defence. They'll get around 70 points and challenge for 4th.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #51242 on: October 27, 2018, 09:41:40 am »
Looking forward to the game against the Arse as it will provide both teams with a marker as to where they really are. From their end, arguments such as... 'they haven't beaten anyone yet" to ours, "mistakes at the back will be punished by better forwards" will be fully tested.

Whilst they are a good side going forward, their defence is set up for us to exploit fully and I can envision at least 3 going in their net, at least 3. Will they be able to fashion the same at our end? Doubt it. 1 certainly but 2 and 3? Nah......1-3 is my prediction.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51243 on: October 27, 2018, 09:42:45 am »
They dont seem much different to Wengers lasr few years at the moment. Enough attacking quality to beat most lower teams, but not good in defence. They'll get around 70 points and challenge for 4th.

Every Wenger team that did that finished top 4. Missed out when we stopped beating the rubbish.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51244 on: October 27, 2018, 09:48:19 am »
Every Wenger team that did that finished top 4. Missed out when we stopped beating the rubbish.
Last 4 season was 22 20 23 19 wins. Not got time to go in to a breakdown of those wins but seems pretty consistent.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51245 on: October 27, 2018, 09:59:00 am »
Last 4 season was 22 20 23 19 wins. Not got time to go in to a breakdown of those wins but seems pretty consistent.

Look at our away form last season, every relegation candidate got 3 points against us. When we beat the rubbish and lost to the best , we always finished top 4.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #51246 on: October 27, 2018, 10:27:47 am »

To be honest if they managed to finish in the top four that would be a good first year for Emery, the defence needs work before they can get back into contention for the title.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51247 on: October 27, 2018, 11:17:29 am »
Looking forward to the game against the Arse as it will provide both teams with a marker as to where they really are. From their end, arguments such as... 'they haven't beaten anyone yet" to ours, "mistakes at the back will be punished by better forwards" will be fully tested.

Whilst they are a good side going forward, their defence is set up for us to exploit fully and I can envision at least 3 going in their net, at least 3. Will they be able to fashion the same at our end? Doubt it. 1 certainly but 2 and 3? Nah......1-3 is my prediction.
Why do you say that? I haven't watched them at all this season

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51248 on: October 27, 2018, 11:27:13 am »

People in here are exaggerating a bit. One would think that they're conceding 5 goals in every game.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51249 on: October 27, 2018, 11:30:03 am »

We play a high line and lack pace, also we insist on passing from the back. Salah and Mane down the channels could be deadly on the counter , and we 'll turn over possession a few times in dangerous situations. At the other end we flood the 6 yard box with up to 4 players so we could outnumber your defenders if we are allowed to break, therll be plenty of chances, it's how many get taken, I predict at least 6 goals in the game, Hopefully not all in our net.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #51250 on: October 27, 2018, 12:37:09 pm »

We play a high line and lack pace, also we insist on passing from the back. Salah and Mane down the channels could be deadly on the counter , and we 'll turn over possession a few times in dangerous situations. At the other end we flood the 6 yard box with up to 4 players so we could outnumber your defenders if we are allowed to break, therll be plenty of chances, it's how many get taken, I predict at least 6 goals in the game, Hopefully not all in our net.

Couldn't have put it better. Also concur about you going forward as I alluded to. Could be a shoot out but think our midfield should cope better defensively than yours giving up fewer chances, but we will give up chances. Your defence will not have had to cope with our precision going forward yet. Who converts better wins, obviously
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51251 on: October 27, 2018, 01:03:15 pm »
People in here are exaggerating a bit. One would think that they're conceding 5 goals in every game.

It's not an exaggeration, they leave themselves exposed, but they haven't faced a side who has taken a number of opportunities that they were given. No they aren't conceding 5 goals a game, but they are conceding high quality chances in each game

Offline zero zero

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51252 on: October 27, 2018, 02:31:12 pm »
Couldn't have put it better. Also concur about you going forward as I alluded to. Could be a shoot out but think our midfield should cope better defensively than yours giving up fewer chances, but we will give up chances. Your defence will not have had to cope with our precision going forward yet. Who converts better wins, obviously
Thanks lads

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51253 on: October 27, 2018, 08:05:19 pm »
Reiss Nelson, ripping it up in the bundesliga, 5 games, 4 goals, 3 assists. He ll be a force for us next season.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #51254 on: October 28, 2018, 06:25:14 pm »
How strong is the Bundesliga really though? That is the question for me.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #51255 on: October 28, 2018, 06:36:36 pm »
How strong is the Bundesliga really though? That is the question for me.

it's a very different style, but it's a good league. 

But, the thing is, the teams in Bundesliga  are on average about 2 years younger than prem teams, having 5 or 6 youngsters per team is not unusual. There is a willingness and patience there to throw them in and play them on a regular basis that maybe dont and can't happen in the prem. Cos for the big teams especually in the prem, they are under pressure to perform and win, with little time for blooding too many young and inexperienced players.

Plus in the Bundesliga the majority of teams won't park busses,even the smaller teams tend to try and keep it on the floor and play through midfield, so it's a nice league for attacking players for sure.

So what I am saying is, there is as much chance of him sinking into obscurity next season as there is him breaking through at Arsenal  ;D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #51256 on: October 28, 2018, 10:34:10 pm »
Not trying to yank your chain, but how can you define a good league one in which there is no competition at the top? The actual competition almost every year is who will be second.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51257 on: October 28, 2018, 10:51:53 pm »
it's a very different style, but it's a good league. 

But, the thing is, the teams in Bundesliga  are on average about 2 years younger than prem teams, having 5 or 6 youngsters per team is not unusual. There is a willingness and patience there to throw them in and play them on a regular basis that maybe dont and can't happen in the prem. Cos for the big teams especually in the prem, they are under pressure to perform and win, with little time for blooding too many young and inexperienced players.

Plus in the Bundesliga the majority of teams won't park busses,even the smaller teams tend to try and keep it on the floor and play through midfield, so it's a nice league for attacking players for sure.

So what I am saying is, there is as much chance of him sinking into obscurity next season as there is him breaking through at Arsenal  ;D

Thanks for clearing that up mate. ;D

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51258 on: October 28, 2018, 10:53:10 pm »
We can definitely get at these next week. And I will be very disappointed if we don't come away with at least a point. Don't see why we can't go there and win though.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51259 on: October 28, 2018, 10:53:21 pm »
Not trying to yank your chain, but how can you define a good league one in which there is no competition at the top? The actual competition almost every year is who will be second.

so the only team not competing must by Bayern then right? Then there is plenty of competition between all the other clubs if that is the case. I'd say it's more competitive than the premier league half the time where you have a few good teams, and a lot of dreadful teams. The disparity between the majority of teams in the Bundesliga is far, far less than in the prem.

At the end of the day, many of the 'top' leagues have a team who dominate it, France and Italy being the two worst, Spain almost as bad most seasons where they have 2.

The prem often has a clear winner, just that it isn't always the same team - there was no competition at the top in the prem last year was there? That doesn't mean there isn't competition through the rest of the league. 

Watch the league, then you can tell me if you think it's good, but for me, technically it's a very good league, and helps a lot of very good players grown and develop.

Thanks for clearing that up mate. ;D

;D
 Clear as mud eh, hedging my bets nicely!

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51260 on: October 29, 2018, 02:45:10 am »
Glad their winning streak is over before we visit them.

I don't see us losing. Whoever wins will have to score at least 2 goals, possibly 3, as I see both teams scoring - maybe twice.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #51261 on: October 29, 2018, 02:45:59 am »
We can definitely get at these next week. And I will be very disappointed if we don't come away with at least a point. Don't see why we can't go there and win though.

Anything less then 3 points is a disappointment abaonst these, home or not.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51262 on: October 29, 2018, 03:56:29 am »
Anything less then 3 points is a disappointment abaonst these, home or not.

We've won only twice in the last six or seven years at the Emirates, so it's not something that happens often regardless of how they play.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #51263 on: October 29, 2018, 05:07:08 am »
Glad their winning streak is over before we visit them.

I don't see us losing. Whoever wins will have to score at least 2 goals, possibly 3, as I see both teams scoring - maybe twice.

You think we can't go there and win 1-0? Not with the defense we currently have? I don't see Arsenal scoring more than once. In fact, with a little luck we're more than capable of shutting them out as well. We're a completely different animal now. We can score in the third minute and for the first time in eons I'd actually have faith that we can hold on to the 1-0 lead and come away with the points.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51264 on: October 29, 2018, 05:31:17 am »
You think we can't go there and win 1-0? Not with the defense we currently have? I don't see Arsenal scoring more than once. In fact, with a little luck we're more than capable of shutting them out as well. We're a completely different animal now. We can score in the third minute and for the first time in eons I'd actually have faith that we can hold on to the 1-0 lead and come away with the points.

We can, but I dont think we will.

I'd be close to certain both teams will score. I think this game is more about our forwards than our defense. If they are on song, which they have been the last two games, we win. Arsenal are weak defensively and are slow starters in games. They don't click until the second half. We need to go out there and blitz them in the first 20-30. If we do that successfully, we could smash them.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #51265 on: October 29, 2018, 07:05:23 am »
Simply put, if we have any aspirations for the title we will need to come back with 3 points.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #51266 on: October 29, 2018, 03:05:56 pm »
Understat has them with 13.81 expected Points (9th, below United), they actually have 22. I saw lots of games of their winning run because they never played the same time as us. Them winning all those games really started to annoy me, they just got so lucky so many times. Yesterday they got outscored on xG (2.11 - 0.82 - including the penalties for CP) and CP dominated them over big parts of the game. They also got outscored on xG by Watford, Everton and  Fulham (a game they won 5-1).

Overall I am not not really buying this "new Arsenal" team. Think we should beat them. Only thing that scares me is that they are worryingly clinical.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #51267 on: October 30, 2018, 06:38:51 am »
We are giving up very few shots against so they will have to be scoring pretty much every chance.
On a side note, does our mean defence make it harder to prepare against us. There is little footage of areas that we are weak and thus little for opposition coaches to focus on?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #51268 on: October 30, 2018, 07:57:41 am »
They've obviously got some confidence from their winning run and they look more cohesive than in recent seasons, but let's see how they go on against the top teams before they are treated as title challengers.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51269 on: October 30, 2018, 02:18:31 pm »
Turned into Spurs, the amount of luck they're getting. More solid no doubt but we're scrapping where they're getting opportunities gift wrapped. Or maybe I'm just being cynical because we've made it hard work for ourselves.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #51270 on: October 30, 2018, 02:32:59 pm »
We've only conceded more than one twice this season, and one of those was without Alisson or van Dyke in the team or on the bench. So if Arsenal do get two, fair play to them.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline LFCsupporter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51271 on: October 30, 2018, 04:02:36 pm »
If Allison, Vin Djik, Gomez and Fabinho are on the pitch, Arsenal will not score.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51272 on: October 30, 2018, 05:01:03 pm »
Just to repeat what I said in the ManC thread, these are no threat to us and will probably be lucky to stay anywhere near the top 4 as the season goes along unless something drastically changes.  Their defense is a literal joke and is not even in the top 10 in a lot of statistics.  Most games they take an entire half off and for all that talk about their amazing offensive players they have created less than Bournemouth and Watford but are running super hot on their finishing which will desert them at some point.  They're more a mid table team than they ever were under Wenger but here we are. 

Anything can happen in 90 minutes so after typing all of this we could get some fluke result.  If it's played to form though then we'll be comfortable and could and probably should thrash them.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51273 on: November 1, 2018, 06:26:31 pm »
Sky Sports Premier League @SkySportsPL 5h
Sky Sports News understands that Liverpool have no interest in signing Aaron Ramsey.

http://skysports.tv/GiYjtU

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51274 on: November 1, 2018, 06:38:33 pm »
Sky Sports Premier League @SkySportsPL 5h
Sky Sports News understands that Liverpool have no interest in signing Aaron Ramsey.

http://skysports.tv/GiYjtU

He is way overrated & will expect a fortune in wages and signing on bonus.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #51275 on: November 3, 2018, 06:17:24 pm »
If these don’t finish top 4 absolute minimum then it’s one of the biggest failures in a long time. Utterly incredible decisions they’ve got from officials all season and doesn’t seem to be stopping.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #51276 on: November 3, 2018, 06:29:16 pm »
Got to say I'm impressed with them so far this season.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51277 on: November 3, 2018, 07:22:50 pm »
Unai is one fucking whiner piece of shit, isn't he?

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51278 on: November 3, 2018, 07:23:49 pm »
They are good...simple as that. That he has them working so well off the ball while in possession, is impressive.

The two strikers, have and will feast on the dross. Great pace and movement.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51279 on: November 3, 2018, 07:29:02 pm »
Unai is one fucking whiner piece of shit, isn't he?

he's a really weird guy I know that much.

Arsenal hugely improved from the last 2 or 3 Wenger years, not hard I know.  Still, took a gift of a goal for them to get anything from that, and help from the officials. Hopefully they can do better vs a couple of the other big clubs later in the season.