Poll

Do you want the Superlambanana to stay in Liverpool?

Yes
140 (86.4%)
No
22 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 160

Author Topic: Save the Superlambanana?  (Read 17661 times)

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
Re: Save the Superlambanana?
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2008, 01:06:52 pm »
See that moving one on the Granada news last night?  Wow!

the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2008, 01:14:38 pm »
They are being auctioned for charity in august.

Correct. Im registered already. Would bloody love to give one of these little fellas a good home in the back garden of Chez Elvis....  :)

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2008, 09:26:34 pm »
See that moving one on the Granada news last night?  Wow!

What do you mean my moving? Which one?

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2008, 11:11:51 pm »
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2008, 12:32:50 pm »

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: July 24, 2008, 12:47:15 pm »
It's here, about thirty seconds in.

http://thegreatsuperlambanana.typepad.com/the_great_superlambanana/

Thanks for that.

My nephew and neice (5 and 4) came to visit our new house last night and were running around causing general chaos and destruction until I showed them the video of the "real" Superlambanana, and threatened not to tell them where it lives unless they behave.  They sat in almost complete silence until they went home an hour later  ;D

Worked a treat, But now have until I next see them on Saturday to find a plausible excuse as to why Lamby had to go back home.... ???

Offline stemon

• Main Stander
« Reply #86 on: August 10, 2008, 05:50:22 pm »
The latest vid on that site (August 06, 2008) is great! Hope they keep this up.

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2008, 09:58:40 pm »
Just posted an article in here which has a bit of a dig at them.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=226345.0

I don't live in the city and haven't seen them when I've been recently so I can't comment either way,
but I was aware of them... and they aint really my cuppa to be honest.

Offline Will (Mr)

• Neville, Neville ... banana or poo? The all new Mr Arscott...
  • Anny Roader
  • Done the treble
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2008, 10:58:05 am »
The auction is coming soon:

Thank you so much for your interest in Go-Superlambananas and your request for more information about the auction.

We are delighted to confirm that the auction will take place at 6.30pm on Tuesday 9 September at St George’s Hall, Liverpool where approximately 70 of the beautifully created Superlambananas will take centre stage to raise a significant amount of money for The Lord Mayor’s Charity Appeal 2008. The beneficiaries are:

·         The Alder Hey Imagine Appeal

·         The Marina Dalglish Appeal

·         Liverpool Heart & Chest Hospital’s Merseybeat Appeal

·         Liverpool & S.Sefton Branch, Alzheimer’s Society

As you can imagine, we have had an unprecedented amount of interest from people who have expressed interest in attending the auction and bidding for the Superlambananas. With only a limited number of seats available at the auction we must now ensure that all those who want to bid for a Superlambanana can be there or have access to bid.

Local auction house Sutton Kersh will be running our auction and will be providing facilities for proxy bidding and telephones bids. These facilities will be offered to anyone who isn’t able to attend on the night but who would like to bid.

If you would like to purchase a ticket for a seat at the auction, we will send out an order form, which we will need you to fill in and return with a cheque of payment for £40. This must be received by Monday 01 September. As the tickets are limited we would encourage you to send back your completed form and payment as soon as possible.

It is our hope that we will be able to leave the Lord Mayor’s charity appeal with over £200,000. In order for that to happen we will be setting the guide price on each Superlambanana at £3,000. At similar events we have seen individual pieces attracting up to £25,000 and we want to be as ambitious as possible in how much we can leave to our Liverpool charities.  Go Superlambananas will donate 75% of the net proceeds to The Lord Mayor’s Charity.

You might also be interested to know that Sutton Kersh will be hosting a special Internet auction, which will open in mid-September and will include more of the Superlambananas from the trail. If you would like to be kept informed of this auction please let us know.

Finally we want to thank you again for your support of the Go Superlambananas project. We hope you enjoyed seeing the Superlambananas appear on the streets of Liverpool this summer and if you do successfully bid for your favourite at one of our auctions we want to thank you for helping raise money for very worthy causes.

Best wishes

Claire Cowles

On behalf of Wild in Art, the organisers of Go-Superlambananas 2008.

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2008, 11:08:07 am »
Good idea that

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2008, 11:43:07 pm »
Baa nitez!

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2008, 11:51:11 pm »
Right, whos buyin one, I want one but can't afford one.

Offline Will (Mr)

• Neville, Neville ... banana or poo? The all new Mr Arscott...
  • Anny Roader
  • Done the treble
« Reply #92 on: August 15, 2008, 10:39:22 am »
Ditto

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2008, 12:00:08 pm »
Right, whos buyin one, I want one but can't afford one.

Id have on in me back garden, but cant afford it :(

Offline JordLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2008, 01:39:27 pm »
Id have on in me back garden, but cant afford it :(

Comp in the echo earlier in the week design your own and win one for your garden...

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #95 on: August 16, 2008, 10:19:17 pm »
I reckon they should stay.  They'll be a great tourist attraction.

Was up in the city a couple of weeks ago, and saw quite a few folk with maps, who are obviously trying to seek out any Superlambanana that they can find.  Some were even getting piccys taken with them.

Up Mathew Street on Friday night.  Merriment was well under way, and there were these two old ladies doddering up the street with their umbrellas and macs following the Superlambanana map.  Taking no notice of the pissed revellers passing by.  Almost looked like a bit of street theatre. 
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline trigger

• sexist and shallow
  • Legacy Fan
  • The romans invented the knob on a stick
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2008, 09:57:30 am »
Posted this in the ART Vandelay thread........how about this outside picton sports centre ;D

Frankly if your team is mentioned in a Liverpool song, you should be chuffed

Offline ShanksLegend

• Spirit Of Shankly RTK
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool FC is an institution not a business
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2008, 12:17:40 am »
Yeah i agree, keep them they r boss..

My mate wants one for his garden

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici
    • Work's MySpace page....
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2008, 10:32:06 am »
Rather than auctioning them off for private ownership, should the mini-lambs be open to 'sponsorship', so that they can be enjoyed by everyone rather than a select few.

The thought came to me as I was walking past the two outside the fountain near St. George's Hall.  A few kids where playing on them and drawing them and it suddenly struck me that, perhaps for the first time in my life, I saw scouse youngsters actually taking an interest in public art (other than vandalism).  If say, a person could sponsor the artwork, with a plaque being placed on the concrete base of each lamb (much like they do with park benches etc) then the whole city could enjoy them forever.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

“If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline MerseyRed

• Kopite
  • The FA are a corrupt bunch of twats!
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2008, 11:58:46 pm »
There's one on the middle of Princes Ave in Toxteth :)
Someone's nicked it!

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2008, 11:19:34 am »
Someone's nicked it!

They have all been taken down.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 9, 2018, 11:40:02 am »
Ancient topic, apologies to resurrect!

Just been told that the Superlambanana has been replaced by a replica  up on Tithebarn street.  Looks like the original has been moved up to Prescot Road depot.  Chiezo wants it back apparently; the replica will be "allowed" to remain in the city for up to 80 years if Wikipedia is anything to go by.

Think this is a bit naff really.  He owns the design concept certainly, but he only ever carved a four inch model.  The one he is reclaiming was made on Merseyside by local artists, albeit to his design.  It's as much Liverpool's as it is his.

Looks like the original might be auctioned off though, in which case we should totally bid for it.  Joe Anderson seems so keen to spunk the city's coffers on vanity projects so let him put his hand in the council's pocket for this.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 9, 2018, 04:27:50 pm »
Just been told that the Superlambanana has been replaced by a replica  up on Tithebarn street.  Looks like the original has been moved up to Prescot Road depot.  Chiezo wants it back apparently; the replica will be "allowed" to remain in the city for up to 80 years if Wikipedia is anything to go by.
Whoever told you that has misled you Paul. The one on Tithebarn St is the same one that's been there for years- probably 10 years.
The slb that is in a depot has been there since July 2015, prior to which it was in storage just outside the city centre.
It's rumoured to be positioned on the Stand in due course.
Chiezo wants it back apparently; the replica will be "allowed" to remain in the city for up to 80 years if Wikipedia is anything to go by.
Think this is a bit naff really.  He owns the design concept certainly, but he only ever carved a four inch model.  The one he is reclaiming was made on Merseyside by local artists, albeit to his design.  It's as much Liverpool's as it is his.
Looks like the original might be auctioned off though, in which case we should totally bid for it.
Good luck to anyone that thinks they'll take it back. The plinth and the unit weigh several tonnes that require a John Sutch size crane to move.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: March 9, 2018, 06:11:23 pm »
Whoever told you that has misled you Paul. The one on Tithebarn St is the same one that's been there for years- probably 10 years.
The slb that is in a depot has been there since July 2015, prior to which it was in storage just outside the city centre.
It's rumoured to be positioned on the Stand in due course.Good luck to anyone that thinks they'll take it back. The plinth and the unit weigh several tonnes that require a John Sutch size crane to move.

Weighs 8 tons apparently...
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art