Author Topic: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]  (Read 599902 times)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Re: Restaurant Reviews for Liverpool. [Done by RAWKites]
« Reply #3360 on: June 10, 2019, 10:41:11 am »
Cheers for that!

If I wanted to eat there on a Saturday evening, around 7:30ish, is it a case of getting there 30-45 minutes before and leaving details for when a table becomes free?

At Bold Street? I'd say you'd probably have to go a bit earlier than that. I've been on a Saturday night in the past and the wait for tables has been over an hour.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3361 on: June 10, 2019, 10:43:46 am »
At Bold Street? I'd say you'd probably have to go a bit earlier than that. I've been on a Saturday night in the past and the wait for tables has been over an hour.

Yeah wait is often towards an hour on a Fri / Sat. In fact even during the week if you've not booked at the Water St one you can still wait towards an hour.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #3362 on: June 11, 2019, 09:45:33 am »
Thanks for that, guys. Will go a bit earlier!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3363 on: June 11, 2019, 09:47:55 am »
Also, not sure what the Bold St one is like but they do this at Water St, if you’re waiting you have to wait at their bar as they won’t tell you how long it will be. So not like you can leave details then pop for a drink somewhere else.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #3364 on: June 13, 2019, 11:50:25 am »
Also, not sure what the Bold St one is like but they do this at Water St, if you’re waiting you have to wait at their bar as they won’t tell you how long it will be. So not like you can leave details then pop for a drink somewhere else.

Ahhh... I see. Maybe the plan should be to eat a bit earlier so the wait time is less.

Cheers guys!

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3365 on: June 14, 2019, 05:20:18 pm »
What do people think of the Italian Club? Heard it mentioned but never been.

I am looking for somewhere to book an extended-family meal, and wanted something with food that people of all ages (i.e. kids as well) would be happy to eat. I figured Italian food is usually a safe bet.

I think this is a great shout for a family get-together Food is spot on and the atmosphere isn't too stuffy

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #3366 on: June 14, 2019, 06:10:33 pm »
I think this is a great shout for a family get-together Food is spot on and the atmosphere isn't too stuffy

Cheers for the heads up. I've already got us booked in for a couple of weeks time so looking forward to it.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3367 on: June 15, 2019, 12:08:58 pm »
Went to Patterson's with the missus last night. Couldn't fault it.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3368 on: June 15, 2019, 12:28:31 pm »
Went to Patterson's with the missus last night. Couldn't fault it.

Ordered from there via Deliveroo and got totally the wrong food. Tried to tell me I was wrong and I had my order only for them to ring me an hour later saying it was still under the heat lamps and hadn’t yet been collected. They got told where to go!

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3369 on: June 15, 2019, 02:27:57 pm »
Espresso on Rose Lane last weekend. Decent eggs benedict. Plenty of hollandaise sauce. Caramel latte was a caramel latte, cant complain. Chilled out café.

Tavern this morning. Eggs benedict again  ;D Wasn't as good as Espresso. Usual Tavern atmosphere for a Saturday morning :) thankfully got in there for 1030  sat straight down. 20 mins later the queue was out the door.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3370 on: June 15, 2019, 04:14:02 pm »
Ordered from there via Deliveroo and got totally the wrong food. Tried to tell me I was wrong and I had my order only for them to ring me an hour later saying it was still under the heat lamps and hadn’t yet been collected. They got told where to go!

I had a similar experience with them on Deliveroo. Except they said their cyclist got a flat tyre so couldn't deliver.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3371 on: June 15, 2019, 06:33:33 pm »
Grilla on Allerton Road. Fantastic, big portions too.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3372 on: June 15, 2019, 08:18:45 pm »
Grilla on Allerton Road. Fantastic, big portions too.

Aye love that place.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3373 on: June 15, 2019, 10:00:33 pm »
For anyone who goes to the food hall in Manchester

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByukAKyjeEv/?igshid=7vp5k5may341

Cringe.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #3374 on: June 15, 2019, 10:39:57 pm »
For anyone who goes to the food hall in Manchester

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByukAKyjeEv/?igshid=7vp5k5may341

Cringe.

Went there once (live in Manchester) and decided I didn't like paying double for a bottle of Blackjack brewery beer what I could pay for a pint of the same in Blackjack's brewery tap next door.

Typical trendy overpriced nonsense.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #3375 on: June 16, 2019, 09:27:30 am »
Fucking hell thats embarrassing!

Gonna try and go to Duke Street Market today - I’ve been needing Finca’s buñuelos for too long after they left the Baltic

Offline Momos_righteye

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3376 on: June 16, 2019, 01:23:09 pm »
Fucking hell thats embarrassing!

Gonna try and go to Duke Street Market today - I’ve been needing Finca’s buñuelos for too long after they left the Baltic

Let us know how you get on, only around the corner from me so I reckon we might go next weekend

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #3377 on: June 16, 2019, 02:42:34 pm »
Got there at opening so wasn’t mad busy. All very civilised compared to the Baltic market. Order your food, give them a table number and they bring it to you.

Only had the buñuelos but other food coming for other people looked and smelled great.

Oh and the toilets are a work of art up by the Pilgrim restaurant

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3378 on: June 28, 2019, 12:17:23 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3379 on: June 28, 2019, 12:24:14 pm »
Looks like Reds BBQ on Hanover street will be closing.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/reds-true-barbecue-restaurant-liverpool-16496294

Was shite the last time we went in. Meat was clearly no longer cooked low and slow so it was all dead dry and tough. Ended up getting half off the bill and the waitress didn't even look surprised when we complained.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3380 on: June 28, 2019, 12:37:12 pm »
Trattoria 51 on Old Hall St - eaten here a few times now and always been very very good and pretty reasonably priced. Went last night and had the meat balls to start with (missus had the pate) and then we both had the crab ravioli - all of it was sooo nice.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3381 on: June 28, 2019, 01:23:42 pm »
Was shite the last time we went in. Meat was clearly no longer cooked low and slow so it was all dead dry and tough. Ended up getting half off the bill and the waitress didn't even look surprised when we complained.

Yeah they forgot a load of stuff from our order last time we went. It's a shame because the 1st time we went it was really good.

Too much time getting BBQ sauces in Tesco

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3382 on: June 28, 2019, 01:24:52 pm »
Yeah they forgot a load of stuff from our order last time we went. It's a shame because the 1st time we went it was really good.

Too much time getting BBQ sauces in Tesco

Yeah we'd been a few times before and it was always great, that last time though put us off going again so not a surprised to see it going under as imagine we were not the only ones who sacked it off.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #3383 on: June 28, 2019, 10:37:14 pm »
I really like a place called Indigo Greens on Queens Drive. But they've now opened one in town at Duke Street market which is far easier for me. Their food is always quite innovative, healthy and well thought out. It's all free from animal products, but still well worth a try for something different. Everything seems to be made from scratch which is brilliant too and it tastes great.

Also went to Green Fork at 52 Rose Lane a recently (they take over after 6pm) and enjoyed the food, especially the watermelon salad. You can tell they're just starting out though.

Mowgli on Bold Street has been very consistent over the years, still love a tiffin there.

One thing that irks me a little nowadays, is the quality of food in the city seems to have risen a lot, however the service seems to be going downhill in a few places. I don't expect fine dining, but I don't want my meal thrown at me. Not difficult to smile and be polite. I get places are dong the whole small plates it'll come when it's ready malarky, but it's a bit rubbish when they just shove it at you.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3384 on: June 28, 2019, 10:39:39 pm »
What’s Duke St market like? Haven’t been able to go and have a look yet.

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3385 on: June 28, 2019, 11:34:45 pm »

Nice enough decor in there. Was really busy for a Wednesday when I went. Might die down a bit as it is fairly new and people want to have a look. There were some long tables, so you get people sitting at each end. The food we had was really good and the units seem to have been let out to decent caterers. It seems that they've done it whereby they let out a unit to each vendor, then you have to get drinks from their (the owner's) bar. My partner ordered the drinks so I'm not sure what the selection is like. The restaurant on the upper floor (might have been Pilgrim, can't remember) have their own seating arrangement, so it might be quieter up there. Bit of a free for all on the lower floor, but it might not always be so busy.

All in all it's worth a visit, I'd prefer it earlier when quieter I think.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3386 on: June 28, 2019, 11:36:02 pm »

Where aboots is it on DS? Big Kenny Everett finger pointing signs, or subtle and refined?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3387 on: June 28, 2019, 11:39:06 pm »
Where aboots is it on DS? Big Kenny Everett finger pointing signs, or subtle and refined?

If you're coming down from Chinatown way, it's a little after Sound bar on your left. Fairly subtle, might have had like a swinging chalkboard outside, but I can't really remember.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3388 on: June 29, 2019, 12:31:58 am »
If you're coming down from Chinatown way, it's a little after Sound bar on your left. Fairly subtle, might have had like a swinging chalkboard outside, but I can't really remember.

Cheers. Yep Sound bar is a usual. No issues getting there.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3389 on: June 30, 2019, 03:05:38 pm »
Went to Gustum Turkish restaurant on Rose Lane yesterday. Maybe not the best choice on the hottest day of the year but didn't know that when we booked it! There were a big group of us for a family birthday, 22 people including a couple of kids. I had calamari to start which was the only let down - 3 rings of squid, I know it's only a starter but for £6.50 it just wasn't enough and I wouldn't get it again. I had a chicken kebab for the main and it was lovely, everything was tasty and fresh. Everyone's starters and mains came out on time, it's not always easy for a place to cope with a large group but all the staff were superb. Worked out at about 35 quid each with 3 or 4 drinks including tip. Recommended.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3390 on: July 6, 2019, 08:31:19 pm »
Got a date night out at Blundell Street next week. A Groupon present from a friend. Anyone been before?

Also had my 1st Smithdown road Indian takeaway from Landmark. Very tasty indeed

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #3391 on: July 8, 2019, 12:10:31 pm »

Also had my 1st Smithdown road Indian takeaway from Landmark. Very tasty indeed

never fancied there, not sure why, might give it a go
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #3392 on: July 8, 2019, 12:19:44 pm »
Booked at table at pilgrim in the duke st market on Saturday.  Booked for half 7, when we arrived they only had seats right infront of the kitchen bar style (which is open) or the same style overlooking the masses below.  Figured that because we'd booked, they'd have a table for two. I couldn't see a menu online, but we'd watch the million pound menu so though it would be a nice place to try with the missus.

the menu was poor.  approx. 7/8 small plates/starters, 3 mains & 2 desserts.

the mains were mixed veg, Hake seafood thing or a steak sharer for 2/3 people which was £70.

there were specials, 4 in total, think we had two dishes off the menu, padron peppers, some salted caramel carrots and two specials, iberico pork (I think) and a different type of steak for £32.  500ml of wine was £15.  including tip it was £80.

the food was nice, but nothing spectacular at all, I wouldn't rush back.  I expected a bigger menu, and the food to be, well, tastier.

the duke st market looks great though, people were queuing up outside to get in when we arrived, but as we'd booked we went straight in.  approx. 7 kitchens to choose from and your food is delivered to your table
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #3393 on: July 10, 2019, 03:05:57 pm »
We tried Et Alia on Aigburrth Road recently, lovely Italian food and would recommend it, although it's not the cheapest of places.

We will go again at some point (8/10).

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3394 on: July 26, 2019, 05:26:27 pm »
Is that Indian restaurant still there on Smithdown Road, can't remember the name but the food was fantastic, and that's from someone who can take or leave Indian food. When I did my Masters at JMU, we went there for our graduation meal as I think one of the lads lived around there and knew it, but it'll be over ten years ago now and places change.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #3395 on: July 29, 2019, 08:35:45 am »
Is that Indian restaurant still there on Smithdown Road, can't remember the name but the food was fantastic, and that's from someone who can take or leave Indian food. When I did my Masters at JMU, we went there for our graduation meal as I think one of the lads lived around there and knew it, but it'll be over ten years ago now and places change.

Landmark?

was open last time i was down that way

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: July 29, 2019, 11:29:46 am »
Landmark?

was open last time i was down that way

That's the one, still has good reviews on the whole I see.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: July 29, 2019, 12:56:51 pm »
Was in Penny Lane Wine Bar over the weekend, its been recently done up and the food was very good, as was the beer. Really good relaxed place.

Offline apassant77

• Kopite
« Reply #3398 on: August 3, 2019, 12:27:06 pm »
Was in the Landmark the night before the Wolves game so deffo still open.

Offline stromsgodset11

• Main Stander
  • Even my piss is red. What do you mean see a doctor
« Reply #3399 on: August 4, 2019, 01:10:31 pm »
Another shout for Rudys on Castle St. I’ve been a couple of times now, best pizza in the city by a country mile