Author Topic: Sergio Ramos  (Read 27955 times)

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
Sergio Ramos
« on: November 1, 2007, 02:18:15 pm »
What are peoples opinions of the rightback of Spain and Real Madrid. For me I think he's probably the best right back in the world at the moment and the player closest to replicating Maldini. He seems to have everything: Physical attributes: Speed, Stamina, Strength, Jump and obviously with the Spanish training model he is very good on the ball and has good game intelligence.

I thought at fist the hype around him may be a bit too much but he has become the leader of the Real Madrid team and starting to become an image in the team. I'd love to see him play for us, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Offline Comic Book Guy

• Legacy Fan
  • In Cyber Space, Nobody Can See Your Man Breasts
Re: Sergio Ramos
« Reply #1 on: November 1, 2007, 02:25:53 pm »
He looks to be a better right back than centre back, thats for sure.

Scored a good goal last night. Also scored an absolute belter for Spain during the last international break
You should make like my pants... and split

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #2 on: November 1, 2007, 02:58:09 pm »
Looks a real quality player.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 1, 2007, 03:04:54 pm »
Quality at right back.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 1, 2007, 03:17:16 pm »
Best signing by Madrid since Zidane.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2007, 03:20:36 pm by pinky »

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #5 on: November 1, 2007, 03:41:33 pm »
Quality player.

I think he is one of these players who, if he develops correctly, with the right coaching, will be equally adept at both right back or centre half.

Like Arfy says, he has everything, but I have seen him dive in at times, but these things can be corrected over time.

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #6 on: November 1, 2007, 04:29:40 pm »
Quality.
would have been perfect for us.

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #7 on: November 1, 2007, 04:30:43 pm »
Quality player.

He's up there with the best RB's in the world.

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #8 on: November 1, 2007, 04:32:18 pm »
I have mentioned it earlier-if he gonna be played as a right back,then we could get their back up one Torres.

Offline kopindian

• Legacy Fan
    • Films I Watch
« Reply #9 on: November 1, 2007, 04:33:12 pm »
Quality.
would have been perfect for us.

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #10 on: November 1, 2007, 04:33:55 pm »
A great right back.

Every time I watch Real Madrid he seems to score as well.
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #11 on: November 1, 2007, 05:06:53 pm »
dont think anyone will argue that he's quality

was watching them last night and they have a handy left full too. marcelano? first time ive seen him. reminded me of roberto carlos

Every time I watch Real Madrid he seems to score as well.

yeah me too...135 games 16 goals. above average for a right full but thought it wouldve been more

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #12 on: November 1, 2007, 05:09:22 pm »

was watching them last night and they have a handy left full too. marcelano? first time ive seen him. reminded me of roberto carlos

Marcelo, the new upcoming Brazil LB.

He's got massive potential and should be finding himself in the Brazil squad very soon.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #13 on: November 1, 2007, 06:25:11 pm »
Top class.

A bargain at whatever price they paid for him (£18m?). Given the size of the club and his nationality, he'll probably be there for the next 10-15 years.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 1, 2007, 09:53:43 pm »
Top class.

A bargain at whatever price they paid for him (£18m?). Given the size of the club and his nationality, he'll probably be there for the next 10-15 years.

Absolutely. And buying players from Sevilla isn't easy at the best of times. Also, how many fucking talented players do they produce? or at least introduce to senior football?

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #15 on: November 1, 2007, 09:59:32 pm »
quality player

I think that in time, this lad will move into centre back. He played there last season and made a few fuck ups but that can be put down to inexperience

He's a proper aerial threat from set-pieces as well
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline AFCFan

• Main Stander
« Reply #16 on: November 2, 2007, 10:16:39 am »
Good player, but his disciplinary record is shocking and he does switch off.

He would not be able to hack it in th Premier League, he would make more mistakes than Boumsong.

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 2, 2007, 10:37:41 am »

He would not be able to hack it in th Premier League, he would make more mistakes than Boumsong.

Are we talking about the same player? I agree with Arfy. He has everything and I also think he's probably the best RB there is right now, or at least my favourite one. He can score (and scores), crosses very well, runs the whole game, has good technique, is very good at man-marking, has great attitude (he's constantly changed of position and never complains) and is very consistent.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2007, 11:18:00 am by pinky »

Offline AFCFan

• Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: November 2, 2007, 11:17:50 am »
Yes we are talking about the same player and he is reckless at times and is prone to switch off. Great on the ball and offers an attacking threat, but I think the pace of the game here would hurry him into mistakes, as he does make his fair share.

He is the blue eyed boy of the spanish media, don't believe the hype.  ;)

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 2, 2007, 11:19:13 am »
Hehehe, I don't have to believe the hype, I watch the games and then reach my own conclussions. Let's agree to 100% disagree ;)

Offline Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 2, 2007, 11:54:49 am »
Awesome player. Better than any other right back currently. Great going forward, reliable defender.
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline AFCFan

• Main Stander
« Reply #21 on: November 2, 2007, 11:57:24 am »
Hehehe, I don't have to believe the hype, I watch the games and then reach my own conclussions. Let's agree to 100% disagree ;)

I watch every single la liga game they show on sky, if you watch more than me then fair play to you, but personally I don't think he is all he is cracked up to be. I agree to disagree.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #22 on: November 2, 2007, 04:43:47 pm »

His disciplinary record is poor because of the league he plays in as much as anything else. Stick him in a game over here and half the tackles he gets pulled up for get applauded by the crowd.

I'm not one of these "they're a bunch of soft twats on the continent" people, but in Spain nothing goes. Put in a slide tackle and half of the time it's a booking.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 2, 2007, 05:06:53 pm »
Quality defender at any of the 3 positions.

Quick, Tough, good technique and a tremendous crosser of the ball.

Would love to have him @ Liverpool.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 2, 2007, 05:08:05 pm »
Best signing by Madrid since Zidane.
Ruud Horseface says hello.

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #25 on: November 2, 2007, 05:22:11 pm »
I swear I remember lots of people laughing that Madrid paid stupud amounts for him cos he has as shit world cup.  Cannot find the posts though as want to show a few people up :D

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 2, 2007, 05:24:22 pm »
Ruud Horseface says hello.

Mr Ruud would be best short term signing. Considering Sergio Ramos' age and therefore the time he's likely to spend in the club, he gets my vote.

Offline Walter Sobchak

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Calmer than you are
« Reply #27 on: November 2, 2007, 05:27:57 pm »
robinho is starting to come good in that respect

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #28 on: November 2, 2007, 05:31:39 pm »
Great threat from set pieces. Hes not even that tall is he? 5'10 or something? Might be wrong. Pity he looks like a woman

Might be one of those players that moves between positions for a few seasons but if hes just as good in both (although i think hes better at fullback) then not much of a problem as it would be for others
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #29 on: November 2, 2007, 05:31:49 pm »
robinho is starting to come good in that respect

He'll be off sooner or later.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #30 on: November 2, 2007, 05:33:28 pm »
He has come on in leaps and bounds, he was error prone at CB but Capello seemed to get the best out
of him and helped him progress, playing alongside Fabio Cannavaro was obviously quite useful for the lad, I love his attitude, he gets forward at every opportunity and his goal past Hildebrand v Valencia was as neat a strike as you are likely to see this season.

He would surely have a massive price tag on his head if he was to be on the market.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline b_joseph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 2, 2007, 09:26:50 pm »
Mr Ruud would be best short term signing. Considering Sergio Ramos' age and therefore the time he's likely to spend in the club, he gets my vote.
Cant disagree with that.

Although..in a couple years. You might change your mind and choose Gago as that player.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 2, 2007, 11:23:24 pm »
He'll be off sooner or later.
To Liverpool hopefully.

Would be perfect he is versatile and plays in alot of different positions.

Yes Ramos is among the best in the world has everything and is still very young. Will always play better at right back than cb IMO he can express himself better at right back.

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
« Reply #33 on: November 3, 2007, 11:36:45 am »
What are peoples opinions of the rightback of Spain and Real Madrid. For me I think he's probably the best right back in the world at the moment and the player closest to replicating Maldini. He seems to have everything: Physical attributes: Speed, Stamina, Strength, Jump and obviously with the Spanish training model he is very good on the ball and has good game intelligence.

I thought at fist the hype around him may be a bit too much but he has become the leader of the Real Madrid team and starting to become an image in the team. I'd love to see him play for us, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Very good going forward. Just decent at defending. Needs a lot of zonal defense learning.
利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #34 on: November 3, 2007, 11:37:42 am »
Very good going forward. Just decent at defending. Needs a lot of zonal defense learning.
Says the bitter Barca fan.....:)

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 3, 2007, 11:42:18 am »
Says the bitter Barca fan.....:)

Yeah, He's no Oleguer
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Spanish Fan

• Battles Babelfish Brilliantly
  • Legacy Fan
  • מגדל בבל
« Reply #36 on: November 3, 2007, 11:46:16 am »
Yeah, He's no Oleguer

Actually Oleguer is tactically the better defender. Ramos gets by thanks to his speed but positionally he is not the best example to teach the kids how to defend.
利物浦, 리버풀, Λίβερπουλ, リヴァプール, ليفربول, Liberpul

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 3, 2007, 11:55:18 am »
Actually Oleguer is tactically the better defender. Ramos gets by thanks to his speed but positionally he is not the best example to teach the kids how to defend.

Says the bitter barca fan... ;D

No, I actually agree with you there, tactically Oleguer is more aware but Ramos has the pace to get himself out of situations he really shouldn't be in

@rednich85

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 3, 2007, 12:00:21 pm »
Yes we are talking about the same player and he is reckless at times and is prone to switch off. Great on the ball and offers an attacking threat, but I think the pace of the game here would hurry him into mistakes, as he does make his fair share.

He is the blue eyed boy of the spanish media, don't believe the hype.  ;)

That's what I would have said about him from having seen him in previous seasons. When Madrid were going through a period about a year ago when they were playing poorly, Ramos was all over the place and made to look very average.  Then again, so was Helguira. However I haven't seen him play this year, so he could well have settled down and become much better positionally.

He has come on in leaps and bounds, he was error prone at CB but Capello seemed to get the best out
of him and helped him progress, playing alongside Fabio Cannavaro was obviously quite useful for the lad, I love his attitude, he gets forward at every opportunity and his goal past Hildebrand v Valencia was as neat a strike as you are likely to see this season.

He would surely have a massive price tag on his head if he was to be on the market.

Thats the thing with some players.  It needs a certain manager to get the best out of them  and maybe the lad is much more comfortable now.

What I would say is don't judge a defender by the number of goals he scores, especially if they are from open play.  Every time he is up in the opposition penalty there is a hole in hos own defence.  Now when you are playing Levante, Getafe or Almeria, that may not be a problem, but do that againt Milan, Liverpool, MU, Barca, etc and see what happens.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2007, 12:02:03 pm by Steve_M »

Offline pinky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 3, 2007, 12:21:36 pm »
What I would say is don't judge a defender by the number of goals he scores, especially if they are from open play.  Every time he is up in the opposition penalty there is a hole in hos own defence.  Now when you are playing Levante, Getafe or Almeria, that may not be a problem, but do that againt Milan, Liverpool, MU, Barca, etc and see what happens.

Most of Ramos' goals don't come from open play. Anyway coverings were invented for some reason and every player should be judged by everything he does on the pitch. It's absurd not being allowed to judge Roberto Carlos by the 65 goals he's scored during his career at Real Madrid.
« Last Edit: November 3, 2007, 12:54:01 pm by pinky »