Author Topic: Joe Cole  (Read 83579 times)

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
Re: Joe Cole
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2012, 01:32:42 pm »
2nd, I think the expression on his face, and thought at the time in the ground, watching him wheel away on his own in front of the Kop, it seemed like he was almost gloating in front of our fans.

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree as he seems a nice fella purely from those video diaries in the summer, Also being honest I haven't been at Anfield enough times when he's been playing to know if the atmosphere towards him warrants that reaction. Nevertheless it seemed very odd.

He celebrated the goal right in front of me in the lower cemetenery. He just look happy to have scored to be honest, there was nothing else in it.

Also he doesn't really get much stick in the ground. Was it against Stoke where he came on and tried a volley which almost went over the main stand? He didn't even get stick then, people just laughed at a bit!

Offline lapapa

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: November 23, 2012, 01:53:46 pm »
Can't believe I'm saying this but Joe Cole was great yesterday. Was disappointed to see him substituted for Sterling cause even though he looked exhausted, he still had the work rate to keep running across the pitch. And he did look fucked after a few minutes in the game  :o but managed to get an assist and score a goal. If he manages to get back his form and is able to maintain it against tougher opposition, I wonder if we'll still offload him?

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 23, 2012, 01:58:14 pm »
If that was Sterling last night we'd all be absolutely raving! Fair play, great performance and a deserved goal, just a shame it wasn't the winner!
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #83 on: November 23, 2012, 02:14:00 pm »
If that was Sterling last night we'd all be absolutely raving! Fair play, great performance and a deserved goal, just a shame it wasn't the winner!
well said

I feel he should be ashamed of himself on them wages but im delighted he turned in a great display last night. fair play to him
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline gorwar61

• Main Stander
  • "Facta Non Verba"
« Reply #84 on: November 23, 2012, 02:44:45 pm »
JC is a clever player, hopefully he remains fit as it will give us options, I also think he could link up with Luis.

We need competition for places so I hope to see him play more often as it will push Sterling.

I have never seen JC  moan or complain about his situation.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 23, 2012, 02:47:38 pm »
JC is a clever player, hopefully he remains fit as it will give us options, I also think he could link up with Luis.

We need competition for places so I hope to see him play more often as it will push Sterling.

I have never seen JC  moan or complain about his situation.

Of course not given the wages he's on? Nobody else would pay him more than 30k a week.  We are paying 3 or 4 times that depending on who you believe.  Christ, he shouldn't be moaning.  It looks like we can't get rid of him so we need to get the best we can out of him.  Looks like BR is doing this. 

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: November 23, 2012, 03:29:57 pm »
The wages thing needs to stop coming up. Yes we're paying him too much, but that's not exactly his fault is it?

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: November 23, 2012, 03:36:56 pm »
Yes he had one great game, but he's hardly our saviour.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2012, 03:45:25 pm »
I hope he can keep it up for the remainder of the season at least. Maybe he's motivated by a potential move, I don't care.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Online TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2012, 03:48:16 pm »
Doesn't have a future here but I'd be happy if he can at least be pushing the kids to perform better by being a viable option off the bench. Did well last night.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2012, 04:02:50 pm »
Did well last night. Do that again over a continued period of games and we would all be delighted.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »
Hopefully thats the end of the Pacheco whining

After one game?

Offline exino

• tic tac toe
  • Kopite
  • Youth coach. Total football proponent. JFT96.
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2012, 04:04:32 pm »
Despite scoring he looks well & truly knackered. I started laughing uncontrollably when he started wheezing. But goals a goal & hopefully it will get us a small fee for him now rather than us having to pay the lazy lump off to leave.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:13:14 pm by exino »
"Football is a simple game, yet it is difficult to play simple football."- Johan Cruyff

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2012, 10:15:36 pm »
Hopefully thats the end of the Pacheco whining

It was a positive suprise to see Cole contributing to the squad and it would be great if Pacheco could join in as well. I don´t know what´s missing but I hope Rodgers finds a way just as he did with Cole as our squad is thin enough.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2012, 10:20:54 pm »
If he put in performances as he did against YB every week... he'd have earned his wedge... problem is he hasn't.... be interesting to see if he features this weekend - from a man management point of view if he's fit you'd expect so.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2012, 10:32:21 pm »
Last night was a one night only affair: the shop window performance. Even though it was one of his better performances in a red shirt, he was still gasping and flagging after 15-20 minutes.

Offline Warks Moustache

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2012, 10:35:32 pm »
Last night was a one night only affair: the shop window performance. Even though it was one of his better performances in a red shirt, he was still gasping and flagging after 15-20 minutes.

What? He was still productive till maybe 5 minutes before he was subbed off. I understand you feeling that Cole is not producing enough compared to the wages he is on, but judging a player by his demenour on the pitch is laughable.

Offline liammavers89

• Kemlynite
  • We should just throw Doni in the "false number 9"
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2012, 10:35:44 pm »

It was about 7 minutes in to be honest i was waiting for it and had a bet with me mate... i won.
Thought it was his best game in a red shirt though to be honest, still don't see him here after January.
We should just throw Doni in the " false number 9 position " fuck it !

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2012, 10:36:52 pm »
He played well last night, but 1 decent performance doesn't mask a season and a half of poor ones, would love to see the lad kick on a do well for us.

Offline Chris Mullin

• Kopite
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2012, 10:40:38 pm »
It was about 7 minutes in to be honest i was waiting for it and had a bet with me mate... i won.
Thought it was his best game in a red shirt though to be honest, still don't see him here after January.

Think he hit that "wall" early and got really winded...but looked like he caught a second wind as the game went on.  Reminded me of Stephane Henchoz to be honest, looking like he was about to die any second but still managing to produce the goods when he needed to.
The only way Lebron will ever get close to a ring is if he shakes Kobe´s hand.........

Offline dr.dracco

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2012, 10:42:59 pm »
That is it. He is not shite, just not good enough. He can boss Swiss or French oposition, but not PL oponents

Offline Chris Mullin

• Kopite
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2012, 10:47:50 pm »
That is it. He is not shite, just not good enough. He can boss Swiss or French oposition, but not PL oponents

Before the YB game we had a ton of people saying he´d be appalling in that one.....what will be the reasoning if he indeed does boss a PL opponent?
The only way Lebron will ever get close to a ring is if he shakes Kobe´s hand.........

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2012, 10:52:40 pm »
Always been a good lad

No need to throw insults at him
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2012, 10:55:48 pm »
Well done.  With the amount he's earning, we were due one of those performances... ;)

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2012, 11:42:30 pm »
Thought he was great yesterday. He seemed to be on a similar page to Shelvey. Like many, also think he could link wel with Suarez.

We'll see what happens, but hopefuly this can be a spring board for the lad.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #105 on: November 24, 2012, 01:49:31 pm »
I can't help but liking Joe Cole. I was so excited when we signed him. He was absolutely awesome at Chelsea and in the prior season he was their player of the year. And he was coming to Liverpool! Another world-class player. But then...

Nevertheless, he's got skills. He's very techincal and I'm always keen on players like that. I was pleased with his good season at France and even more pleased when Rodgers wanted to use him here. Hope he can at least be a good option and bring some movement in the final third.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2012, 03:01:43 am »
I don't mind Joe, he's not good enough but every interviewer seems to say Joe is a down to Earth, nice lad who wants to succeed and make it here.

It's not his fault his agent absolutely raped Purslow, any of us would have done the same thing if we signed for Arsenal or someone, get the best deal we can. I get the feeling he genuinely still thinks he can make it here
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2012, 03:09:16 am »
I can't help but liking Joe Cole. I was so excited when we signed him. He was absolutely awesome at Chelsea and in the prior season he was their player of the year. And he was coming to Liverpool! Another world-class player. But then...

Nevertheless, he's got skills. He's very techincal and I'm always keen on players like that. I was pleased with his good season at France and even more pleased when Rodgers wanted to use him here. Hope he can at least be a good option and bring some movement in the final third.
Hi Joe hope you read this thread from the first page.

Offline RGF30

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
    • Insurance
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2012, 05:31:01 am »
I would find it really painful if he had to start tomorrow.

Offline MasterGlenJo

• Kemlynite
  • It's a conspiracy!
« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2012, 05:32:21 am »
I would find it really painful if he had to start tomorrow.

I'm sure you said the same on Thursday, how about get behind the fucking players?
Andre Wisdom is boss

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2012, 05:35:16 am »
I'm sure you said the same on Thursday, how about get behind the fucking players?

Who would you drop to fit Cole into the starting line up?

Offline RGF30

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
    • Insurance
« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2012, 05:36:09 am »

You are quite correct, I actually did feel the same way on Thursday, and now I'm feeling even more strongly as lightning doesn't strike twice.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 05:37:53 am by RGF30 »

Offline MasterGlenJo

• Kemlynite
  • It's a conspiracy!
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2012, 05:36:40 am »
Who would you drop to fit Cole into the starting line up?

I would not put him in the starting line up if i was manager
Andre Wisdom is boss

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2012, 03:24:44 pm »
Every time I see him play with that wrist support/wrap on I keep thinking we're playing Cowboy Bob Orton.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline RGF30

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
    • Insurance
« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2012, 03:24:56 pm »
He apparently came on as a substitute today.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2012, 03:25:20 pm »
Thank goodness he was brought on. Changed the game he did.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2012, 03:25:27 pm »
He apparently came on as a substitute today.

and he was as visible as a ghost
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2012, 03:28:03 pm »
Not his fault our squad is so poor. Can't say there was anyone else who was screaming out that they could score a winner. Would have made it myself. I was just glad Enrique went to LB.

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2012, 03:28:24 pm »
and he was as visible as a ghost

Unlike Sterling's fuck up of the 1-2...  ::)

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2012, 03:29:59 pm »
Hard to blame him or Shelvey for not having an impact, Swansea had the ball for the majority of the time they were on, and when we looked to go forward, someone would give the ball away unnecessarily.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.