Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 611024 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #8760 on: April 19, 2024, 12:10:23 am »
Klay Thompson wants a supermax contract

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8761 on: April 19, 2024, 02:22:32 am »
Meanwhile, i see NBA have banned Raptors player Jontay Porter for life for betting violations, couple of violations were those over/under bets, he bet under then underperformed in the games, the other were for the Raptors to lose games, although he never played in those games, what a moron.
#Sausages

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8762 on: April 21, 2024, 11:26:40 am »
Boston Celtics Play Miami Heat at 6 PM

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8763 on: April 21, 2024, 02:00:56 pm »
The Celtics are my favourites to win the NBA finals, wouldn't be surprised if the NBA finals is Celtics vs Nuggets
#Sausages

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8764 on: April 21, 2024, 06:41:32 pm »
Clips-Mavs should be a good series, looking fwd to it tonight. Sucks that Real-Barcelona starts at same time.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8765 on: April 21, 2024, 06:42:41 pm »

I think Orlando will give him a good contract and possibly Mavs too.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8766 on: April 21, 2024, 06:44:50 pm »
I know it's not NBA, but has anyone been following NCAA March Madness, the tournament is up to the final four, UConn massive favourites to win the whole tournament, UConn are thrashing everyone by 15 to 30 points, Northwestern nearest anyone has got to UConn even then that finished 75-58.

Been a few upsets NC State ranked S11 are in the final four, most likely as far as they go, & Purdue finally got past the first couple of rounds, play NC State in the final four.
first time the college girls final game attracted more viewers because of Caitlin I suppose. I did watch that too and passed on the Purdue-UConn gaame. NC State was a colorful surprise in the tournament.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8767 on: April 21, 2024, 06:52:01 pm »
Amazing that after a season playing at half pace, Jimmy Buckets immediately turns into Playoff Jimmy in the first play-in game. Four steals in the first half alone! It's an absolute travesty he got injured. Still, Boston should be looking to sweep the 76ers while the Knicks will crush whoever comes out of the next game as long as they can stay healthy.

No chance Klay gets a supermax. The Warriors will offer a 3 year/$50m contract which he'll take because it's still far too much for a streaky shooter in his mid-30s who can't defend.
Do you realize he turned down 2 years 48M extension from us a year ago?
He is definitely getting more than 25M a year from us and 25+ from other teams this off season.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8768 on: April 21, 2024, 08:36:57 pm »
Celtics Win Game 1

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8769 on: April 21, 2024, 08:40:48 pm »
Celtics Win Game 1
I wont be surprised if they sweep their way to the finals only to lose against the Nuggets ;)

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8770 on: April 21, 2024, 09:51:06 pm »
Damn every game is a blow out now, Mavs getting their asss kicked

Offline TheFinalBoss

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8771 on: April 22, 2024, 11:04:04 am »
Outside of the Knicks 76ers series the playoffs simply don't feel the same when The Steph Curry era Warriors aren't there. I think once Lebron and Curry retire the league is in trouble ratings wise because these younger guys outside of one or two names are boring to watch and will cause a decline in TV ratings.

Jokic is a brilliant player man is that guy boring to watch he's got no flair in his game and isn't must see tv I rather watch Caitlin Clark play basketball then this boring guy.

We have gone from watching Lebron against Steph in their prime in the NBA finals to this boring slow big guy playing in the NBA finals basketball is dying  :( :( :(
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 11:34:55 am by TheFinalBoss »

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8772 on: April 22, 2024, 02:00:09 pm »
Jokic only lacks flair if passing skills don't excite you. For me passing is the best part of the game, and the prevalence of 3 point bombing is the worst development of the last decade. All personal taste. I also think having 16 teams playing best of 7 series is way too much, and produces too many poor contests. Go back to best of 5 first rounders like in the 90s, separate the wheat from the chaff.

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
« Reply #8773 on: April 22, 2024, 02:10:25 pm »
It depends what you like. Jokic is so skilled and Luka too. I prefer that to athletic guys who can dunk like Ja Morant. Translates to football too. I like socrates  xavi and Zidane over athletic guys like Drogba Henry Aubameyang

Online In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8774 on: April 22, 2024, 04:16:40 pm »
It depends what you like. Jokic is so skilled and Luka too. I prefer that to athletic guys who can dunk like Ja Morant. Translates to football too. I like socrates  xavi and Zidane over athletic guys like Drogba Henry Aubameyang

Yeah, Jokic is good to watch; the way he sees and opens up the game is something. I've never seen a player of his ilk before. He makes it look so effortless and elevates his teammates. Edwards is the next big American hope the NBA has been searching for and getting excited about.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8775 on: April 22, 2024, 05:44:44 pm »
Yes I like Edwards too love his energy giving in to KD. Enjoyed the knicks game against 6ers felt like the old knicks team of the 90s a bit

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8776 on: April 23, 2024, 12:51:15 pm »
Where's the Knicks fans, we back!!!

I don't fear anyone in the East.  8)

Was great this morning waking up taking the piss out of the Lakers to my other half today.

Put a fork in that franchise, it's done for a while.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 12:53:10 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8777 on: April 23, 2024, 03:15:34 pm »
Where's the Knicks fans, we back!!!

I don't fear anyone in the East.  8)

Was great this morning waking up taking the piss out of the Lakers to my other half today.

Put a fork in that franchise, it's done for a while.

Who are they blaming this time around? It's never Lebron's fault, though he went missing in the 4Q G1 ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 03:26:18 pm by In the Name of Klopp »

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8778 on: Yesterday at 03:50:50 am »
Who are they blaming this time around?

Replay Center, according to the LeBron interview. Anthony Davis just said "Jamal Murray made a shot", dropped the mic, and walked out. So much for elder statesmen. Fucking crybabies.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8779 on: Yesterday at 08:41:30 am »
Denver Nuggets take A 2-0 lead

Offline TheFinalBoss

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8780 on: Yesterday at 08:44:26 am »
I think Suns are getting swept they got star names but their work ethic is shocking honestly they are probably the most lazy team in the team league, as soon as you get a quick head start on them they don't have the mentality to mount a comeback.

Also Luka magic last night against The Clippers  8)

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8781 on: Yesterday at 11:54:56 am »
I'm going for Mavericks, Luka playing a bit of defense. Pj washington and Derrick Jones look good additions. Plus a moviated Kyrie

Online LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8782 on: Yesterday at 12:49:40 pm »
loving Siakams work, was the only pacer to show up in game 1 too.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8783 on: Yesterday at 01:18:12 pm »

Henry was a majestic footballer.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #8784 on: Yesterday at 01:58:41 pm »
Replay Center, according to the LeBron interview. Anthony Davis just said "Jamal Murray made a shot", dropped the mic, and walked out. So much for elder statesmen. Fucking crybabies.

Lakers are crybabies indeed, the replay incident never affected the game as that was in the 3rd quarter when the Lakers were 20 points up, Lakers were poor in the second half & need to look at themselves as to why let a 20 point lead slip, the Lakers last possession, they should have wound the clock down further, & took the final shot with 2 or 3 seconds left on the game clock, the Lakers still had a few seconds left on the shot clock.
#Sausages

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8785 on: Yesterday at 05:49:55 pm »
Henry was a majestic footballer.

I will never forgive him for the handball against Ireland in world cup playoff cheating bastard

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8786 on: Today at 02:39:44 am »
Oh oh! Looks like no one told the Heat they were meant to get swept. On to Miami for the next two at 1-1, and you know Boston have that mental glass jaw.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8787 on: Today at 03:00:46 am »
Oh oh! Looks like no one told the Heat they were meant to get swept. On to Miami for the next two at 1-1, and you know Boston have that mental glass jaw.

Every time you think this is Celtics year, they do shit like this. Fragile af

Offline TheFinalBoss

• Kemlynite
« Reply #8788 on: Today at 05:11:24 am »
Knicks are the team to beat for me in The East, Boston are a cupcake outfit and that Knicks side are as gritty as the 90's team in a best seven of series I fancy the Knicks to beat The Celtics in six as Knicks seem like they are a side built for the playoffs.

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8789 on: Today at 09:30:22 am »
Celtics Blow It

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
« Reply #8790 on: Today at 09:52:03 am »
Celtics have to be the most frustrating team to support in the nba.

Sia looking the part with thunder flying under the radar a bit

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8791 on: Today at 04:29:03 pm »
its impressive how Spo keeps doing it every single year, one of the bests coaches out there.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8792 on: Today at 04:30:04 pm »
Knicks are the team to beat for me in The East, Boston are a cupcake outfit and that Knicks side are as gritty as the 90's team in a best seven of series I fancy the Knicks to beat The Celtics in six as Knicks seem like they are a side built for the playoffs.
Nah, they shoupd have lost in 5 against 76ers id it wasnt for mind boggling ref decisions