Author Topic: The S*n on sale in Liverpool  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
The S*n on sale in Liverpool
« on: June 30, 2023, 07:59:23 am »
I live a mile from Anfield.

As I was leaving for work this morning, I saw a skinny little bald prick scurrying towards the door of our building in the rain. I held the door for him, as you do, until I looked down and saw he had a copy of the rag neatly folded in his arms.

I didn’t really know what to say in the moment, my mouth just dropped open and I let go of the door I was holding and pushed past him.

My question is, how the fuck is this still happening? Sainsbury’s selling it under the counter?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: The S*n on sale in Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 08:08:39 am »

As I was leaving for work this morning, I saw a skinny little bald prick scurrying towards the door of our building in the rain. I held the door for him, as you do, until I looked down and saw he had a copy of the rag neatly folded in his arms.

I didn’t really know what to say in the moment, my mouth just dropped open and I let go of the door I was holding and pushed past him.

My question is, how the fuck is this still happening? Sainsbury’s selling it under the counter?

It’d be interesting to see what their sales in Liverpool are like. Plenty of thick gobshites would have no qualms buying it.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023, 08:13:01 am »
Sadly Sainsbury's and others have previous for under the counter sales.

You could hold your nose and ask for a copy from shops then slap a don't buy sticker on top then find your neighbour and sticker his door.

My in-laws live in Brighton so enjoy a visit as more like a holiday but always saddened and sickened by how many copies I see around.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023, 11:11:10 am »
Plenty of people outside the city are annoyed when they visit and can't find a copy.  :butt

Personally, I'd feel more comfortable striding up to the counter in Sainsbury's with a copy of Men Only under my arm. Likely has better quality, well researched articles in it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 01:15:12 pm »
Plenty of people outside the city are annoyed when they visit and can't find a copy.  :butt

Personally, I'd feel more comfortable striding up to the counter in Sainsbury's with a copy of Men Only under my arm. Likely has better quality, well researched articles in it.

Does Men Only still have the ‘Reader’s Wives’ section?

Asking for a friend.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2023, 02:27:02 pm »
It’d be interesting to see what their sales in Liverpool are like. Plenty of thick gobshites would have no qualms buying it.

I tried to find out and only got an article saying they'd made their numbers private since 2020, which going by the numbers for other papers was when things were in a downturn so hopefully the rag and its sibling papers are suffering the same fate.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2023, 03:15:04 pm »

Fucking dickhead. Do you know if this person is from here or elsewhere?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2023, 04:10:28 pm »

Asking for a friend.

Couldn't tell you mate. Like with most publications you can usually find similar quality online these days.

Cept Effes maybe...

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2023, 05:04:11 pm »
^
I'm sure Effes is well catered for online.

🐴🐼🦓
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2023, 07:02:09 pm »
Fucking dickhead. Do you know if this person is from here or elsewhere?

Not sure mate, I’ve seen him about here and there but never spoken to him. He defo lives in our building. Don’t think it’s any excuse even if he wasn’t born here, like.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2023, 07:19:02 pm »
^
I'm sure Effes is well catered for online.

🐴🐼🦓

computer viruses notwithstanding.

Popcorn's Art

Online Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2023, 08:23:33 pm »

Asking for a friend.

A friend tells me ‘Readers wives’ was in Fiesta magazine 😉

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2023, 10:36:46 pm »
A friend tells me ‘Readers wives’ was in Fiesta magazine 😉

That’s what friends are for.

Offline glewis93

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: July 1, 2023, 03:11:38 pm »
Don't live in Liverpool anymore so the overt selling of it in shops still shocks me.

I like to cover it up with other newspapers where I can. If it stops one person seeing and buying that rag it's a win.
Long Live Lucas Leiva!

Offline Oddbod

• Kopite
« Reply #14 on: July 2, 2023, 12:23:56 pm »
I did the exact thing in Whitley Bay yesterday, put the mirror over both of them

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2023, 02:30:10 pm »
Mad being here and anyone falls for that rag

I put a DONT BUY THE S*N sticker on my geet and cause I live by Sefton Park now started to think does it look stupid like I am trying to fit in who needs told this really

There's them that needs told. And we must represent..

Those sticker packs. I had the green TORY LIVES COST LIVES one in with em, I put it on my wallet

So I've been getting my wallet out with TORY LIVES COST LIVES on it for like 18 months now - it's started to wear off, it's actually ruining the look of the wallet at this point

But you know how many people across Liverpool, Manchester, Chester and Sofia and a few bars in between, how many people saw that sticker and said something?

If you reckon nobody noticed then you can be bolshy in yer own way  ;D