Author Topic: Ghost of Tsushima  (Read 18088 times)

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Ghost of Tsushima
« on: March 6, 2020, 05:56:59 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mnVkV_NlIXs&amp;t=3s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mnVkV_NlIXs&amp;t=3s</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tTwSUhWxGSs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tTwSUhWxGSs</a>

This is probably the most visually stunning game I've ever seen. Not just from a technical point of view, but the art, and the use of colour in its environments. The way everything moves and reacts physically gives an impression of an actual living world that I don't think I've seen before. At least not to this level of detail. It's out in June. I just hope that they don't ruin this by making it a grindy, microtransaction infested bollocks. Fingers crossed for that.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ghost of Tsushima
« Reply #1 on: March 6, 2020, 06:35:23 pm »
I've been interested in this since the initial reveal. I love the atmosphere and presentation of it. I really want it to feel authentic.

I enjoyed Infamous but the characters never stayed with me, they weren't memorable, sometimes cheesy (maybe intentional) but they seem to be going for a more serious tone with this.

« Last Edit: March 6, 2020, 06:37:15 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 7, 2020, 10:32:30 am »
I am truly hoping this game is gonna be as good as it looks. It looks wonderfully created and if the demo's are anything to go by, the gameplay looks a lot of fun.

We just have to see how in depth the game will be and how much content there will be too. If that is good and the story line is deep and interesting, then they are on to a winner here.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3 on: March 9, 2020, 11:35:53 am »
Can't wait for this - looks amazing, love the setting. Hope it's good!

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4 on: March 9, 2020, 12:04:54 pm »
Wow, this looks fantastic. Will definitely be picking it up if reviews are good.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 03:11:32 pm »
Quick reminder there is a near-20 minute gameplay vid for this tonight at 9pm British Time.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 09:20:54 pm »
It痴 basically Assassin痴 Creed: Japan

Looks boss though.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2020, 09:26:57 pm »
It痴 basically Assassin痴 Creed: Japan

Looks boss though.
Ubisoft had their chance with a Japanese themed assassins creed but never took it...

Atmosphere looks brilliant, I'm gonna love going around with the Japanese music in the background. So glad they've done a Japanese language option. Combat looks assassins creed level of basic, would of preferred something along the lines of the old tenchu games. Even so looks really promising

4k link https://youtu.be/Ur0pQblaZcE
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:44:34 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2020, 10:08:40 am »
Looks absolutely sick to be honest

I'll be getting it on my PS4 but Sony have played a blinder here - it has me wavering on my next-gen decision now, I was about certain I'd go Xbox first but this is a timely reminder from Sony that their exclusives are just next-level.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2020, 01:48:52 pm »
Looks absolutely sick to be honest

I'll be getting it on my PS4 but Sony have played a blinder here - it has me wavering on my next-gen decision now, I was about certain I'd go Xbox first but this is a timely reminder from Sony that their exclusives are just next-level.

Also the fact that a lot of studios are doing free upgrades to PS5 if you own the PS4 copy.

Not saying that痴 the case here like but even if not, PS5 is backwards compatible with PS4 games apparently anyway.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2020, 03:51:28 pm »
Just pre-ordered this today. Some games just look like they are going to be the dogs doo-dahs, and this is one.

I had a similar feeling of how good The Witcher 3 was gonna be when I watched the preview game-play. Whether it is THAT good remains to be seen, but it looks amazing.

Also the fact that you can choose to play like a Samurai, or a ninja, or a mixture of both sounds awesome. Graphically it looks superb with both the characters and the setting. I just hope the game-play and the content live up to the visuals.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 07:34:46 pm »
Definitely has the sexiest foliage I've ever seen in a game.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 10:45:10 pm »
Reviewers all got their copies today.

Embargo on them being released until 14th July apparently.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 1, 2020, 01:45:08 am »
:( I need to become a reviewer :D

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 1, 2020, 03:27:06 pm »
my first thought was "late embargo is bad" but then it hit me that giving them so long with the game shows confidence. Reviewers will get a long, long time to delve in, to explore, to appreciate it. That isn't what you tend to do with turds.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 1, 2020, 03:29:28 pm »
my first thought was "late embargo is bad" but then it hit me that giving them so long with the game shows confidence. Reviewers will get a long, long time to delve in, to explore, to appreciate it. That isn't what you tend to do with turds.

I think it will score in the mid 80s on Metacritic. I can't wait to play it.

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: July 1, 2020, 03:51:59 pm »
Getting more excited for this by the day.  I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn at the minute, I'm about 23 hours in, and it's the best open world game of this style I've played in years.  Has really given me a boost as the previous load of games I've played were class for about 4 hours then I got bored.  I think/hope Ghost gives me the same satisfaction.

• Kopite
« Reply #17 on: July 8, 2020, 02:42:31 pm »
Pre-order in today.  Have a little bit more of HZD to do then I need to finish TLOU2 so going to hammer those between now and Ghost day!

Really can't wait to see how the story and character-building play out in this.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #18 on: July 8, 2020, 04:20:02 pm »
I just hope the combat is good and not too basic like AC.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 8, 2020, 05:20:00 pm »
I just hope the combat is good and not too basic like AC.

If your looking for Sekiro or Bloodborne combat, this ain't it.

I don't know if it will be basic but it certainly won't be overly complex.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 8, 2020, 05:35:19 pm »

?

They did overhaul it totally when Hideo Kojima criticised it... good article, I think it'll be a bit like For Honor, you know. Stances, parries... good in depth article below

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/23/ghost-of-tsushima-mastering-the-katana/#sf235333772

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 8, 2020, 05:36:50 pm »

It would be hard for any developer not named FromSoftware to deliver that sort of combat.

If it痴 a level below then it should still be very good.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #22 on: July 8, 2020, 05:43:28 pm »
I think it looks a bit...generic? Which is a shame because parts of it look amazing, so hopefully I'm absolutely wrong.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 8, 2020, 06:53:39 pm »
It would be hard for any developer not named FromSoftware to deliver that sort of combat.

If it痴 a level below then it should still be very good.

Well even NG then which had quite advanced melee combat. It won't be that sort of thing because this needs to be more accessible and those games aren't that sort of thing.

I personally think it will probably be a bit like the Witcher where you have your parry, roll, dodge and quick and strong attacks, then smoke bombs etc.

I'd like a reboot of the early tenchu games to be honest

?

They did overhaul it totally when Hideo Kojima criticised it... good article, I think it'll be a bit like For Honor, you know. Stances, parries... good in depth article below

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/23/ghost-of-tsushima-mastering-the-katana/#sf235333772

Thanks. I'm not saying the combat won't be good or realistic, i just don't think it will have that kind of punishing mastery of combat which games like Ninja Gaiden, Nioh, BloodSouls etc have had. and I'm glad for that.

I love all things Japanese and from what I've seen so far, I really like the vibe of the game and the things they've done to enhance the feel and sound . Like the black and white filter, the Japanese audio, English subs etc, the artist design of the game, it feels really authentic
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 07:21:59 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 8, 2020, 09:07:01 pm »
They have said that although the combat looks basic, there痴 a fair bit of depth in order to pull of techniques to make it look as easy as in the gameplay vids.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 8, 2020, 10:22:14 pm »
I hope it's not like bloodborne, souls etc. as I despise trial and error. I'll love it just for the lack of minimap and nature guiding you through the world though

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 8, 2020, 11:43:47 pm »

Thanks. I'm not saying the combat won't be good or realistic, i just don't think it will have that kind of punishing mastery of combat which games like Ninja Gaiden, Nioh, BloodSouls etc have had. and I'm glad for that.

Woah woah, I thought the correct way of saying that was "soulsborne"  :o

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 9, 2020, 08:33:51 am »
Woah woah, I thought the correct way of saying that was "soulsborne"  :o

It is ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 9, 2020, 08:47:43 am »
I've heard people refer to it as soulsborne and bloodsouls, what actual difference does it make if you knew what I meant?

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29 on: July 9, 2020, 10:11:33 am »
Hopefully, this has a decent story because the infamous games had some cheesy dialogue and a forgettable story.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 12:51:25 pm by Dynasty »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 9, 2020, 11:53:35 am »
I've heard people refer to it as soulsborne and bloodsouls, what actual difference does it make if you knew what I meant?

I dont know why people even are... Different genres. I'd rather compare this to AssCreed Odyssey, rather than the more linear trial or error Souls games

It's open world. I'm excited, but a small part of me fears a Days Gone, which I just found a drag

Also expecting the internet to scream about cultural appropriation, even though the devs here got official blessing to call the black and white mode Kurosowa Mode!

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2020, 03:42:57 am »
lighten up

Hopefully, this had a decent story because the infamous games had some cheesy dialogue and a forgettable story.
That's what worries me the most, since the gameplay looks solid.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2020, 03:30:28 am »
I really couldn't give a shit about the story. Just have it in service of the game, rather than the game be in service of the story. That's how it should be for games. They're games. Not books, TV or Hollywood. I'll take a decent homage to Kurosawa, with some derivative, yet acceptable story as framework to build a solid game around. So long as they nail the combat, progression tree, and the environments, I'm sold.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2020, 03:24:31 pm »
Review embargo has lifted! I知 seeing a lot of 7 out of 10s and 3 out of 5 stars.

Online Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2020, 03:31:06 pm »
Review embargo has lifted! I知 seeing a lot of 7 out of 10s and 3 out of 5 stars.
Looks like it'll end up in the mid-80s which is decent enough, although I'll wait for a sale instead of jumping in Day 1. The game reminds me of the Original Assassins Creed which had a lot of interesting ideas and a fairly unique setting but needed a sequel to fully flesh it out.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2020, 03:34:14 pm »

sitting at 83 on metacritic. Good score, not amazing but sounds solid.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 04:15:38 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2020, 05:43:05 pm »
Meh who cares about review scores can't take them seriously rather play it myself. I thought Last of us 2 was a 6/10 yet it is called a masterpiece everywhere.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2020, 05:45:24 pm »
Meh who cares about review scores can't take them seriously rather play it myself. I thought Last of us 2 was a 6/10 yet it is called a masterpiece everywhere.

I知 surprised you haven稚 completed it yet.  ::)

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2020, 06:38:58 am »
From a couple of the reviews I've read this sounds like a Ubisoft game. Great setting, solid enough gameplay and a beautiful but empty world with repetitive missions and a gazillion map markers.

Will probably hold out for a good discount on this.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2020, 07:49:56 am »

Eh

:D