Author Topic: Andy Carroll is worth every penny  (Read 57522 times)

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Andy Carroll is worth every penny
« Reply #880 on: March 24, 2012, 02:47:26 pm »
and what is your view of Maxi is that the same then been on the bench all season?

Pretty much.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #881 on: March 24, 2012, 02:48:26 pm »
Pretty much.

Ok no problem with that!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #882 on: March 24, 2012, 02:49:24 pm »
Hmm.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #883 on: March 24, 2012, 02:51:05 pm »
I am not his biggest fan, but I am surprised he isn't starting again.

Maybe Dalglish has had enough? 

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #884 on: March 24, 2012, 02:53:11 pm »
Who knows what's going on behind the scene. Perhaps Kenny feels he's not good enough and his hearts not in Liverpool. Being on the bench in the last two games certainly doesn't bode well for him.

Perhaps
Or perhaps it was always Kenny's intentions to use him from time to time this season, gradually let him gets used to the club and inner workings and then let him explode onto the scene next season
Suppose Kenny and the coaching staff are the only ones who really know aren't they ?
I'm still a fan of Carroll I think he'll do allright in time, if he gets time that is

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #885 on: March 24, 2012, 02:53:15 pm »
and what is your view of Maxi is that the same then been on the bench all season?

Maxi's gone at the end of the season. I'm starting to suspect Carroll might be too.

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #886 on: March 24, 2012, 02:55:04 pm »
I'm hearing that Doni, Coates, Aurelio, Carroll, Shelvey, Eccleston and Sterling are all off in the summer. Kenny's had enough. Which is why they are all on the bench today.

::)

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #887 on: March 24, 2012, 02:57:07 pm »
I'm hearing that Doni, Coates, Aurelio, Carroll, Shelvey, Eccleston and Sterling are all off in the summer. Kenny's had enough. Which is why they are all on the bench today.

::)

So much sarcy shite on here.

Carroll cant even get a run of games, even when the PL season is all but over.  That's concerning.

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #888 on: March 24, 2012, 03:39:11 pm »
I think it's entirely fair to say that he hasn't been given a proper chance to show what he can do. And by that I mean a run of games in the side that Henderson, Suarez, Downing, Skrtel or any other player might get. When given a bit of a run recently, he's looked fairly good. I'm not claiming that his time here has been a success or that he wasn't slow at starting or anything like that, but you certainly can't blame him for that.

The other thing worth noting is that we haven't tried in the slightest to alter our style of play to suit him or even help him. He gets very little support or runs from midfield and the crossing in our team is borderline atrocious. The reason he doesn't score with his head (and yet, funnily enough, could do so at Newcastle) is because the quality of the ball has declined between clubs, with ours more likely to be floated or lofted in five yards behind him whilst he is occupied by three defenders.

I don't necessarily believe that he was the best way to spend £35m and I think it was stupidly rushed through for no good reason. If he leaves then we'll be lucky to receive anywhere near a decent fee for him - it'll probably be something like £10-12m - and he'll go off and do a good job for a team that is prepared to play to his strengths a little more, and we'll continue to wonder why we can't just magic up a world class striker. If you look at Suarez for instance: the way he is being played here doesn't stop him being a danger - I think that's naturally just how talented he is - but his goals contribution (like everyone else) has been really poor. So perhaps it's something more serious than simply missing a clinical striker which I believe it probably is.

The most frustrating thing of all is if you're going to spend £35m on one player - whether that's Kenny, Comolli or a combination of both - then you better make sure that (a) he's bloody good, or at least got the potential to be [which actually I think he probably has if you look at what he started doing at Newcastle] and (b) you know how to use him, or at least plan to alter things accordingly. To give up on him after less than a season (which is what it is if you discount his first few injury-plagued months, and take into account that Kenny seems to have given up on him already) then it's a fucking idiotic and actually shambolic decision-making process at every step of the way by those people. Simply not good enough.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #889 on: March 24, 2012, 04:05:43 pm »
Fantastic sub from Dalglish. Took balls to take off Hendo, but it wasn't going his way.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #890 on: March 24, 2012, 04:08:32 pm »
Carroll on and we fucking score!!!!

Dont care if he didnt play his part, he was in the box, we had a few in the box, more options, we score!

Offline Colin

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #891 on: March 24, 2012, 04:09:22 pm »
Fantastic sub from Dalglish. Took balls to take off Hendo, but it wasn't going his way.

Balls?  Common sense to me and most others.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #892 on: March 24, 2012, 04:10:57 pm »
Who would have thought, more bodies in the box and we score........  Stats prove time and time again that when Carroll is up front with Suarez we score more and win more.......... 

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #893 on: March 24, 2012, 04:10:59 pm »
What happens when Carroll plays is that there actually another person to mark, which results in more space for Suarez. And look what happens.

He'll definitely be dropped again next week though.

Offline RedDan87

• Anny Roader
  • http://twitter.com/dant7733
« Reply #894 on: March 24, 2012, 04:19:14 pm »
absolutely baffling. unless he's got some fitness issue that we're not aware of I can't see any reason why he's not given an extended run in the squad. for 1 thing, i'd think they want the partnership between him and suarez to improve, something which can only happen if they play more games together. secondly it can't be doing his confidence any good - 2 games in, 2 games out.

Offline Lobanovsky

• Main Stander
« Reply #895 on: March 24, 2012, 04:29:13 pm »
The second goal was hes fault. He doesnt really work hard does he? Hes just jogging around and winning a few headers middle of the field. Thats the reason why hes not playing more. ITS A FUCKING TEAM GAME AND YOU HAVE TO WORK HARD!

Offline .Mike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #896 on: March 24, 2012, 04:29:46 pm »
The second goal was hes fault. He doesnt really work hard does he? Hes just jogging around and winning a few headers middle of the field. Thats the reason why hes not playing more. ITS A FUCKING TEAM GAME AND YOU HAVE TO WORK HARD!
What the fuck did he do wrong?

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #897 on: March 24, 2012, 04:30:11 pm »
How the fuck was it his fault? Fucking hell

Offline DG

• Killjoy who loves himself.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lovern
« Reply #898 on: March 24, 2012, 04:30:24 pm »

In my book he was the only one trying to stop Wigan from scoring?

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #899 on: March 24, 2012, 04:32:04 pm »
We need to change to a 433 Carroll Suarez and Downing with Shelvey brought on for Kuyt
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #900 on: March 24, 2012, 04:32:55 pm »
He's actually one of the only players who looks like he cares out there at the moment. Seems to be the only one awake.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #901 on: March 24, 2012, 04:33:24 pm »
In my book he was the only one trying to stop Wigan from scoring?
This. He did everything right there.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline Lobanovsky

• Main Stander
« Reply #902 on: March 24, 2012, 04:37:18 pm »
what? he was the one not making it offside. He wasnt raising the line. Its not about making last ditch tackles or winning headers, its about being smart and making the right things.

Offline Carly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #903 on: March 24, 2012, 04:37:58 pm »
A

O god just f**k off!!!!!!  The deflecton off carragher cost us a goal, Carroll was the only one who actually tried to stop them scoring you massive tw*t.  Fuming at idiots posting s**t like that.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #904 on: March 24, 2012, 04:38:20 pm »
what? he was the one not making it offside. He wasnt raising the line. Its not about making last ditch tackles or winning headers, its about being smart and making the right things.

With all due respect, what the fuck are you on about mate?

Offline williamson84

• "Disgusted of Aberdeen."
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #905 on: March 24, 2012, 04:38:28 pm »
haters gonna hate unfrotunately

Offline Lobanovsky

• Main Stander
« Reply #906 on: March 24, 2012, 04:41:22 pm »
Maybe im drinking too much atm but what there is to love someone who doesnt work hard is just falling around the pitch.

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #907 on: March 24, 2012, 04:41:53 pm »
 Sir Bob and Sir Bill will be turning in their fucking graves. :(
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline Carly

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #908 on: March 24, 2012, 04:42:57 pm »
Maybe im drinking too much atm but what there is to love someone who doesnt work hard is just falling around the pitch.
ehh?!?!?   Do yourself a favour and press the logout button.

Offline iRed

• Kopite
« Reply #909 on: March 24, 2012, 04:43:51 pm »
His second touch will forever belong to the opposition.

Seen enough of him.