Author Topic: Robbie Fowler  (Read 65992 times)

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
Re: Robbie Fowler
« Reply #120 on: October 2, 2017, 05:42:59 am »
Remember feeling elated when Rafa signed him too (and shocked too), was great to have him back, if only for a short while.

The one match at Anfield that I have been at, was the first one after he signed for Rafa.

All of a sudden, a humdrum midweek match against Birmingham City became the hottest ticket in town!

The players warmed up to the Hallelujah Chorus :-)

I'm a pixel somewhere in the Annie Road end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NNQNxPzipQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cecc1XjLBHs

Unfortunately it ended in an unlucky draw from a 88th minute Xabi Alonso own goal.   :no
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #121 on: October 5, 2017, 05:09:35 pm »
The one match at Anfield that I have been at, was the first one after he signed for Rafa.

All of a sudden, a humdrum midweek match against Birmingham City became the hottest ticket in town!

The players warmed up to the Hallelujah Chorus :-)

I'm a pixel somewhere in the Annie Road end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NNQNxPzipQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cecc1XjLBHs

Unfortunately it ended in an unlucky draw from a 88th minute Xabi Alonso own goal.   :no
Didn't Robbie have an overhead kick ruled out in the last minute?
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 1, 2017, 06:56:20 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm8y4syxSms

A fun watch. Fowler's last hat-trick I believe. I just remember it for Akinbiyi's nightmare game.
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Offline smiggers

• Kopite
« Reply #123 on: January 2, 2018, 01:17:31 pm »
My latest updload 

Robbie Fowler – Liverpool Football Club 1993–2001  2006–2007   #LFC #Liverpool   

https://youtu.be/gG3axmuNYhA

Offline Robotforaday

• Fifty shades off white
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: January 9, 2018, 03:38:41 pm »
I remember I was on a bit of a downer at the time, then the news came that Rafa was bringing him back. Bloody hell, my mood changed immediately from depression to elation, nothing has ever lifted me as much. My mum brought me a framed newspaper back page with Robbie and Rafa on it, and the headline "I prayed for this". Every time I saw that, would lift me again. Living proof that dreams can be real.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 9, 2018, 07:05:46 pm »

A fun watch. Fowler's last hat-trick I believe. I just remember it for Akinbiyi's nightmare game.

Wow, absolutely brutal to watch. I know he cost them a lot, relatively speaking, but at least he tried and didn't hide - he was just in hideous form.

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #126 on: January 9, 2018, 08:03:21 pm »

Got one against Sheff Utd when he returned under Rafa didn't he?
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline Andy Hunter

• Rip Van Walford. Committed Iron Pumper! Full of hot air. Due to weighty issues, currently seeking a new hobby.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: January 9, 2018, 08:15:23 pm »

Yeah I meant in the first spell. What I want to know is, did he score again after the Leicester game?

That was October 19/20 and he left in December. Did he do much in November?
Did Shevchenko score his rebound?
Why was there an ambulance behind the goal for Tommason's Penalty?
HOW DID GUDJOHNSEN MISS??

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #128 on: January 9, 2018, 11:02:30 pm »

No, scored two penalties in a 4-0 win. Want to say Gerrard and Hyypia got the others.

Yeah I meant in the first spell. What I want to know is, did he score again after the Leicester game?

That was October 19/20 and he left in December. Did he do much in November?

Pretty certain the hat trick goal was the last goal for us in his first spell. Think he left early December (was in Oz at the time, can’t fully remember!). I do remember that what turned out to be his last game was Sunderland at home and he was subbed off at half time because Hamann had been sent off.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #129 on: January 9, 2018, 11:06:51 pm »
Just looked and after that Leicester game he made a couple of sub appearances and started away at Blackburn and home to Sunderland.

http://www.liverweb.org.uk/season.asp?season=200102

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2018, 09:16:39 am »
Yeah Leicester hat trick was definitely the last goals he scored for us in his first spell

He didn't score in his last game for us in his second spell, got subbed off for his standing ovation late on and then we got a penalty about a minute afterwards  :butt
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2018, 11:29:02 pm »
I met him, McAteer and McManaman at one of the 5 times events in Belfast, top fella, Trigger is first class too.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #132 on: May 4, 2018, 06:42:40 pm »
One bit of information to keep an eye on:

James Pearce@JamesPearceEcho
#LFC considering their options regarding a new under-18s boss following Steven Gerrard's departure. Robbie Fowler a strong contender.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #133 on: May 5, 2018, 10:49:17 am »

#LFC considering their options regarding a new under-18s boss following Steven Gerrard's departure. Robbie Fowler a strong contender.

Dunno about that myself, always thought a manager of anything like U23/U21 U18 etc should be a real pro...lead by example type. Robbie seems to me.....kinda to much fun to be a manager

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 5, 2018, 10:57:42 am »
Dunno about that myself, always thought a manager of anything like U23/U21 U18 etc should be a real pro...lead by example type. Robbie seems to me.....kinda to much fun to be a manager

That's out of work maybe.

You ever seen him at work? Well you don't score that many goals and become God if you're not serious.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #135 on: May 5, 2018, 01:33:00 pm »
That's out of work maybe.

You ever seen him at work? Well you don't score that many goals and become God if you're not serious.

Oh without doubt best finisher ever! hopefully will all work out if he's appointed. :)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #136 on: May 5, 2018, 03:44:06 pm »

Don't know about Fowler as a coach, but ex-pros should definitely be favoured over objectively better actual coaches, for the U18-23 age group, in order to help players make the step up. I'd have Bellamy, though, over Fowler. Best of both worlds - coaching, experience, ex-Liverpool, and also a bit of a wild boy who can steer young pros straight.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #137 on: May 6, 2018, 10:55:11 am »
My hero growing up, despite the fact I have cerebral palsy and could never have been him in a million years.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 6, 2018, 12:45:04 pm »
Don't know about Fowler as a coach, but ex-pros should definitely be favoured over objectively better actual coaches, for the U18-23 age group, in order to help players make the step up. I'd have Bellamy, though, over Fowler. Best of both worlds - coaching, experience, ex-Liverpool, and also a bit of a wild boy who can steer young pros straight.

He's already a coach at Cardiff mate. Think he would only leave for a manager's job.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #139 on: May 26, 2018, 01:28:58 am »

;D
YNWA

Offline TheFuturesRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #140 on: May 27, 2018, 02:39:43 am »

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #141 on: September 5, 2018, 09:55:31 pm »
Just seen this on Instagram.... proud of him.

[Nobody cares what phone you have and that you are using the free version of Tapatalk]

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #142 on: December 28, 2018, 05:46:43 am »
NBC here in the states running a special about Graham Le Saux which includes a bit about him and Fowler having a bust up, homophobia accusations. What is the backstory there?  ???
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: December 28, 2018, 09:37:24 am »
NBC here in the states running a special about Graham Le Saux which includes a bit about him and Fowler having a bust up, homophobia accusations. What is the backstory there?  ???

You're going a long way back there, probably under Evans or early Houllier. All I remember is that Fowler basically bent over / told Le Saux to bend over and invited him to err....make love. Le Saux was seen as a bit gay during that time, though I'm not sure how that actually started...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #144 on: December 28, 2018, 09:42:39 am »

Not much of a backstory really, think Le Saux used to get a few ‘gay’ chants at him (probably cos he used moisturiser) and Robbie being Robbie thought the best way to wind him up was to shake his arse at him. Think it was late 90s so maybe even under the Ged/Evans partnership. Long since apologised though.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: December 28, 2018, 11:03:10 am »
You're going a long way back there, probably under Evans or early Houllier. All I remember is that Fowler basically bent over / told Le Saux to bend over and invited him to err....make love. Le Saux was seen as a bit gay during that time, though I'm not sure how that actually started...

Le Saux was pretty much the antithesis of the British 'Proper Football Man'. He read The Guardian, had a decent vocabulary and didn't shout "oi oi". Nothing out of the ordinary but back in the 90s that really stood out in English football.

Fowler was a disgrace for doing it but he seems genuinely remorseful for it now. Don't think there was any deep rooted homophobia on Robbie's part, just a kid being an absolute dickhead which, now he's older and wiser, he regrets. We've probably all done stupid things at that age.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:05:07 am by Xabi Gerrard »

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #146 on: April 2, 2019, 05:36:16 pm »
Lovely comments from an Arsenal fan on youtube regarding are Robbie:

"I'm a life-long Arsenal fan: we're a very sorry sight at the moment, we haven't won anything major since 2004. But we've had better days. Now one man that I can honestly compare to Robbie Fowler was Dennis Bergkamp. I'll tell you you I say this: because Fowler wasn't just technically brilliant and a lethal finisher: he KNEW how to draw two defenders and play a brilliant blindside pass, leaving someone else to just touch the ball into the back of the net. His assists were top notch as well, he was far more than an opportunist and a poacher. With people pacy forwards like Stan Collymore and Steve MacManaman on the pitch, Fowler showed that he could play in the attacking playmaker role as well, more times than I can remember.

But Collymore was unreliable and MacManaman was primarily a winger: if Les Ferdinand had played for Liverpool in the mid-90's, they would have been champions for sure. All they needed was ONE other striker in the role of battering ram up front to engage the opposing defense constantly and win crosses consistently - and defeats might have been draws, draws would have been victories. Liverpool were the BEST team in England in the period 1995-98, except that they tended to have occasional bad days against weaker opposition - and sometimes crumble under pressure when things weren't going to plan. Man Utd. for one, had this gameplan against Liverpool: break up play and score from set pieces: ugly but effective. Arsenal had THIS gameplan: play a fast, clean and technical game - and against that Liverpool, that was a death sentence, even in the season when we were champions, 97-98.

People still cry about Steven Gerrard not having won the Premier League in his career: sure, he deserved to have that as well - but what about Robbie Fowler? What honours should anyone hold in the English game that Robbie Fowler shouldn't? Very genuine down-to-earth good man as well: never got involved in any major scandals, never ignored his family, never quarreled with his team mates, never lost his nerve and got sent off for stupid unnecessary shit.

... 96-97 season, one time against Arsenal at Highbury, with Liverpool fighting for the title: lost his footing, fell over in the box, referee instantly pointed to the penalty spot. Fowler turns around and goes "No Ref, there was no contact, there's no appeal: no foul, play on!" STILL a penalty. And that was the age when Klinsmann, Batistuta, Romario and Overmars were practically competing who could simulate contact and win free kicks and penalties most seamlessly: strikers were cheats, divers and PROUD of it... That's why that referee was so quick to give the penalty - because everybody already KNEW there were two main men in the Premier League that didn't resort to that kind of dirty tactics: one was Fowler, the other was Shearer."

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: April 3, 2019, 02:09:37 pm »
Thanks for posting that. Some really good points. Good to see him in the legends game the other week.

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 8, 2019, 10:31:38 am »
Just scored a cracking penalty 3-2 Liverpool 71min
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4AnFWOeOgo

Luis Garcia is playing a blinder.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline TheFuturesRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2019, 11:21:51 pm »
I see Robbie is sticking up for himself after some journo has written, in defence of Lingard, that Robbie "repeatedly went out drinking before matches'.

https://twitter.com/Robbie9Fowler/status/1143503392351723527

And then has followed up this morning asking why he's not had an apology.

https://twitter.com/Robbie9Fowler/status/1143844314407034881

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 27, 2019, 12:52:07 am »
I see Robbie is sticking up for himself after some journo has written, in defence of Lingard, that Robbie "repeatedly went out drinking before matches'.

Looks like God has the twat running scared & he should absolutely serve the prick.

Also if I were an investor in iPaper I'd be shitting myself at the thought of the internet terrorists reforming  ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #151 on: June 27, 2019, 01:02:33 am »
The man is a fucking legend

X100 the player jllingz or whatever the fuck he calls himself is or ever will be

And fuck that No-mark journo as well
YNWA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #152 on: June 27, 2019, 01:05:04 am »
Next tweet should simply be: "Beans, beans, beans..."
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #153 on: June 27, 2019, 08:30:18 am »

Very good from Robbie. Imagine comparing the two.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: June 27, 2019, 02:14:36 pm »
Jason Mcateer @MCATEER4

Sam seriously you must have been still in pampers when @Robbie9Fowler and myself played.  Your making a living giving your opinion on a game you quite frankly know very little about obviously!  If you want to discuss further don’t bother I’ll be out partying in a white suit

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: June 27, 2019, 06:00:08 pm »
All this because the dickhead decided he needed to protect his juvenile JLingz. Decided to slander another player and didn’t think he’d be called out on it.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: August 7, 2019, 12:55:21 pm »
Won his first competitive game as manager of Brisbane Roar today. FFA Cup game, they won 2-0 at last seasons A-League Champions Sydney.

Offline zabadoh

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on with hope in your heart
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2019, 07:25:21 am »
God’s side came from behind to draw his A League managerial debut 1-1 vs the Perth Glory

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/robbie-fowler-brisbane-roar-drama-17077564
“It's impossible,” said Pride.  “It's risky,” said Experience.  “It's pointless,” said Reason.

“Give it a try,” whispered the Heart. - Ken-Obi

Offline Crouch Potato

• Srofa spud!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: November 17, 2019, 07:44:12 am »
Just watched his team make a comeback from 3-1 down to win 4-3 on BT sport.

Their first league win of the season.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2020, 08:13:56 pm »
14 years ago today that Rafa brought God back.

damn I feel old.