Author Topic: The PL run-in  (Read 983196 times)

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Re: Attacking #20
« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2020, 11:12:49 pm »
This also creates a chance for Curtis Jones.

Fab will have to cover at CB until January. Thiago might miss the next couple of games as a precaution. There's playing time for our scouser.

He will take his chance.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2020, 11:41:59 pm »
The team will galvanize around the challenge, watch and see.

I agree. With everything this side has done, I have all the confidence in the world in them.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2020, 01:01:25 am »
We wouldn't be Liverpool FC without obstacles, without a hill to climb. This will be our obstacle and our great narrative for this season; to overcome and win through in spite of the best efforts of inept officials and gobshite small teams and their dickhead fans gunning for us. 

I'm not going to slam any LFC fan for feeling low or dejected right now; but over the course of the season we will show what we are and its our job as fans to roar them to victory, albeit not even from the sidelines at the moment.

It's not enough for us to have merely sweet success; for us it always has to be sweeter, and that requires obstacles to overcome and storms that toss and blow for us to navigate. These last two days feel shite but they are just the wind and the rain.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2020, 02:29:34 am »
We've had a tough start... played 5 of the current top 7... All teams who have started well and are in form... and we've come out of it in 3rd place. Now we have a run of shit teams (with a couple of decent ones thrown in).

A defence of Matip and Joe is still quality, still better than most of the PL. We ned to go on a run and lay down the gauntlet.
We are not a one man team.

We got this.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2020, 02:42:48 am »
Sooooo, no names but I have a good friend that coaches at Newcastle (Academy), he’s the guy that I used to get info from at St. George’s / FA.  Clubs are already in discussions about a 3 week break in the season - possibly from Nov 28th.....it will depend on the amount of Tier 3 lockdowns in the Nation by November 20th.

If this happens each club will not play the 4 games in that period and the season will be 34 games.

Just passing it on.....
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2020, 02:43:38 am »
We've had a tough start... played 5 of the current top 7...

Yea, was just thinking that looking at the table.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2020, 03:08:55 am »
Some of the toughest games are already out of the way, in fact we still haven't played any weaker teams yet.
Believer

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2020, 03:16:46 am »
We've had a tough start... played 5 of the current top 7... All teams who have started well and are in form... and we've come out of it in 3rd place.

Plus it feels like we've had half the squad either injured or missing because of coronavirus at some stage already.  Just thinking we've had Alisson, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Henderson, Chamberlain, Keita, Thiago, Shaqiri and Mane all out for certain games.  5 or 6 of those are regarded as starters for our team as well.  I haven't been keeping an eye on other teams but is that happening to anyone else?  I know City had a heap missing the first couple of games but they seem to be recovering now.  I think Chelsea did as well but it's hard to tell how many cause they bought a whole new team.  It's hard to build or keep momentum when the squad is hit like that.   

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2020, 05:35:13 am »
I have been gutted and dejected since the match. But feeling more hopeful now. I have faith in Klopp and the players. Not for nothing is the squad called mentality giants! They don't know how to give up. The league win next May would be all the more sweeter now:)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2020, 07:30:15 am »
We've had a tough start... played 5 of the current top 7... All teams who have started well and are in form... and we've come out of it in 3rd place. Now we have a run of shit teams (with a couple of decent ones thrown in).

A defence of Matip and Joe is still quality, still better than most of the PL. We ned to go on a run and lay down the gauntlet.
We are not a one man team.

We got this.
We have had a good start, and we're ahead of all the likely title challengers, but we've gotten used to brilliant.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2020, 09:25:22 am »
We sold Coutinho and were written off by the press. Look what we achieved after that.

This is a bigger blow than that but with a little bit of luck with injuries then we can get through it. Gomez and Matip are still excellent plus Fab can bring his calmness there.

Klopp will be able to think of a solution and the Club will surely accelerate plans to buy another CB in January.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2020, 09:27:30 am »
Gini the CB, your time has come again
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2020, 09:37:32 am »
Gini the CB, your time has come again

That was a back 3.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2020, 09:47:14 am »
We might as well abandon the FA cup now.
Believer

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: October 19, 2020, 09:48:27 am »
Guess we'll see a fair bit of Fab or even Gini (especially against teams that don't carry an obvious aerial threat) at centre half. Turns out it was a good idea to keep that extra midfielder, after all.

Losing VvD is a massive blow obviously, but he have the quality and the depth throughout the squad to still compete on all fronts.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #215 on: October 19, 2020, 10:47:47 am »
The big problem we have is that Gomez, Matip and Fabinho all play as the right CB. Take Virg out of any defence and it's weaker; replace him with someone used to playing on the right, and the absence is amplified.

There's also the leadership and organising aspect of Virgil's game. Both Gomez and Matip seem much more reserved and introverted.

We've already dropped 5 points we really shouldn't be doing if we want to get No20. The only saving grace is that other big clubs are also struggling for consistency and fluency and the early pacesetters are shitarsed clubs who'll fall away sooner or later.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #216 on: October 19, 2020, 10:57:09 am »
I think possibly the biggest losers will be Naby and Ox (when fit). I think we will look back to playing our more industrious midfielders with Thiago being the one who does the creating. I think Thiago/Fab/Hendo will be the 1st choice midfield (probably would've been anyway) with the rest swapping in and out depending on the opposition.

I don't necessarily think the high line is dead, but I think we will drop back a yard or so, at least until Ali comes back.

We do need to help out the full backs more, that is where many of our issues have come from.

I'll take a draw away to Ajax then we have a run of games we should be winning and we just have to avoid more injuries before the City game.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #217 on: October 19, 2020, 10:59:47 am »
The big problem we have is that Gomez, Matip and Fabinho all play as the right CB. Take Virg out of any defence and it's weaker; replace him with someone used to playing on the right, and the absence is amplified.

There's also the leadership and organising aspect of Virgil's game. Both Gomez and Matip seem much more reserved and introverted.

We've already dropped 5 points we really shouldn't be doing if we want to get No20. The only saving grace is that other big clubs are also struggling for consistency and fluency and the early pacesetters are shitarsed clubs who'll fall away sooner or later.
We don't have to better than Liverpool 2019/20, or ManC 2018/19, just better than all the other teams in the league this season. I mean, Everton is on top

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #218 on: October 19, 2020, 11:03:23 am »

Gomez will go left side I think

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #219 on: October 19, 2020, 11:04:17 am »
I think it would be near impossible to attract a quality left-sided CB, given VVD walks straight back into the side once it again. What top line player would gamble on keeping their place?

However, Upamecano can play (and has played) left CB or right CB (slightly more experience on the left, but plays both to a high level)

Prior to VVDs injury, I thought we had enough resources to cover the season, but I'm likely being out the full season exposes the one hole in that thinking.

If we're still in the hunt for #20 come January, I'd like to see us go all out to bring Upamecano in.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #220 on: October 19, 2020, 11:04:47 am »

We drew with Everton and lost to Watford last season. "5 points we should be getting". Still won it.
You can't quantify games in that manner. Should we be beating Chelsea away? No? Then thats 2 points gained then. Yes? Well then you can say that of every fixture pretty much.

What IS a game we are 'allowed' to drop points in? City away, pretty much? That it?

We have gotten used to near perfection, forgetting that virtually all champions (even us back in the day) would drop points.

Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: October 19, 2020, 11:49:49 am »
Is anyone else actually a bit buoyed by all of this? I dearly wish van Dijk didn't get injured and thinks it damages our chances a lot

But we're a club who has always defied expectation. Even last year, there were many people who thought we had blew it the season before and we'd be the ones to crumble. Especially after no transfers in the summer. We saw how that went.

It's normal to be frustrated, but you're missing out if you're not buzzing at the thought of being able to prove everybody wrong once again. I believe that mentality exists fully in our squad as well. If you're feeling negative after the news, just embrace the fact there isn't the same expectation, so you can fully enjoy what we could do this season. Embrace the fact we still have amazing players and an amazing coach, and that we can beat any team we face.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #222 on: October 19, 2020, 11:50:31 am »
We might as well abandon the FA cup now.

Why?

We still have a squad capable of challenging on all fronts. It'll be harder without Virgil but not impossible. Think there's a very strong potential that +85 points will give you a strong chance of winning the league. This squad is good enough of getting to 85 points. The squad is good enough to get to the KO stages of the CL. It's good enough to rotate and still go strong in the FA Cup.

There's the real possibility we add a centre back in January also. I don't think it'll be someone at 50-60M (for example Upamecano) but I do think we'll look for another CB to help with the 2nd half of the season. Probably a experienced centre back we can get reasonably cheaply. A Dejan Lovren type centre back would be perfect to be honest.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: October 19, 2020, 11:54:47 am »
Have seen all would be "contenders" for the league this season a few times, I don't see anyone better than us, i know we have been conceding a few but going forward in midfield and attack we look really really good

The fighting spirit is still there from last season as we scored right at the end on Saturday, we weren't accepting a draw

Confident that Klopp can inspire the boys to keep pushing despite our injuries

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: October 19, 2020, 11:56:37 am »
Is anyone else actually a bit buoyed by all of this? I dearly wish van Dijk didn't get injured and thinks it damages our chances a lot

But we're a club who has always defied expectation. Even last year, there were many people who thought we had blew it the season before and we'd be the ones to crumble. Especially after no transfers in the summer. We saw how that went.

It's normal to be frustrated, but you're missing out if you're not buzzing at the thought of being able to prove everybody wrong once again. I believe that mentality exists fully in our squad as well. If you're feeling negative after the news, just embrace the fact there isn't the same expectation, so you can fully enjoy what we could do this season. Embrace the fact we still have amazing players and an amazing coach, and that we can beat any team we face.

No :D

It’s a disaster.

But it is what it is. With no fans it’s going to be a fucked up season anyway. I’m almost treating it as a bonus season. Obviously try and enjoy it, but until fans are back properly it’s not going to be remotely the same. We’ve got an exceptional team even without Virg, I hope we just go ‘fuck it’ and try and smash as many teams as possible.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #225 on: October 19, 2020, 12:02:43 pm »
We drew with Everton and lost to Watford last season. "5 points we should be getting". Still won it.
You can't quantify games in that manner. Should we be beating Chelsea away? No? Then thats 2 points gained then. Yes? Well then you can say that of every fixture pretty much.

What IS a game we are 'allowed' to drop points in? City away, pretty much? That it?

We have gotten used to near perfection, forgetting that virtually all champions (even us back in the day) would drop points.

100% this. City have also dropped 5 points they shouldn’t have. I honestly can’t see anyone else finishing above us. It’s very early days but I’m certainly not worrying about Everton or Villa staying up there and the other big sides are looking very inconsistent. Chelsea and Spurs look potent but are still having bad results. United look a mess, Arsenal are full.

Finish above City and we win it again I think. That’s not a given and it’s certainly tougher without Virgil. If City somehow win it with 95+ points then fair play but I honestly think we’ll go back to mid to high 80s being enough this season. If we win it it’ll probably go deep into the season but we were so spoilt last year. We led from start to finish and the only stresses were in our head or non football related. That’s not a normal season. We have to accept that there will be ups and downs and more dropped points than we’ve been used to in the last two years but you have to have faith that will be the case for everyone and not dwell on every frustrating draw.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: October 19, 2020, 12:37:23 pm »
No :D

It’s a disaster.

But it is what it is. With no fans it’s going to be a fucked up season anyway. I’m almost treating it as a bonus season. Obviously try and enjoy it, but until fans are back properly it’s not going to be remotely the same. We’ve got an exceptional team even without Virg, I hope we just go ‘fuck it’ and try and smash as many teams as possible.

Was maybe the wrong word, but I feel.a bit unburdened and energised by the fact so many, including our own, are writing the season off already

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #227 on: October 19, 2020, 03:20:12 pm »
What does writing the season off mean to you?  I think before VvD's injury you'd have to say we were favorites to retain the PL and it would be between us, Bayern and ManC to win the CL.  To now say post-injury that we can still win the title but need some things to break our way (think mid 80's for points) and our CL chances may completely hinge on who we can sign in January, is that writing off the season?  For me I'm excited to see this team continue to evolve but it's also probably not realistic to expect a Gomez/Matip/Fabhino rotation to lead a world conquering side let alone even stay healthy.  Will be interesting to watch to say the least.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2020, 03:24:00 pm »
What does writing the season off mean to you?  I think before VvD's injury you'd have to say we were favorites to retain the PL and it would be between us, Bayern and ManC to win the CL.  To now say post-injury that we can still win the title but need some things to break our way (think mid 80's for points) and our CL chances may completely hinge on who we can sign in January, is that writing off the season?  For me I'm excited to see this team continue to evolve but it's also probably not realistic to expect a Gomez/Matip/Fabhino rotation to lead a world conquering side let alone even stay healthy.  Will be interesting to watch to say the least.

Nobody else is getting 90 points this season and I am 100% sure of that. Plus just look at the form Mane, Robbo and Salah are in and you combine that with Trent and probably the finest midfielder to have graced our side since Gerrard and in Thiago and we have a side that is without doubt the best in this league.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #229 on: October 19, 2020, 03:28:47 pm »
Nobody else is getting 90 points this season and I am 100% sure of that. Plus just look at the form Mane, Robbo and Salah are in and you combine that with Trent and probably the finest midfielder to have graced our side since Gerrard and in Thiago and we have a side that is without doubt the best in this league.

The issue for me is CB availability.

We may decide to put Fab back there full time and rotate with other two.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2020, 03:35:15 pm »

Jeez I bet you are fun at the office Christmas Party
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline sushared

• Main Stander
« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2020, 03:38:25 pm »
we should go for 4-2-3-1. the midfield is our strength.

the full backs should play less conservatively and time their push forward.

i will for Tiago and Fabinho in front the of the defense.

the 3 can be filled in by Mane, Salah, henderson/keita/Ox/Milner/Firmino(number10 role)

1- Salah/mane/Jota.

this will be more balanced team and take care of the defense and the offense part.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2020, 03:40:12 pm »
Jeez I bet you are fun at the office Christmas Party

He’s actually been very unlucky that his workplaces have never had a Christmas Party whilst he’s worked there, just a weird anomaly.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2020, 03:53:35 pm »
Was maybe the wrong word, but I feel.a bit unburdened and energised by the fact so many, including our own, are writing the season off already
I saw what you meant. I would phrase it a bit differently. Not focusing on what others say, but on how we approach things.

I would say that maybe we play best when we have to maintain intensity and focus, when there's little margin for error - such as when we were chasing City all the way or like last season when we were determined to hunt down every point (until lockdown).

So maybe a bit of adversity will ensure that same spirit has to apply; that any risk of complacency has now been vanquished. It's a bad thing to lose such a player for so long. It's only human that some have reacted as if the walls have come tumbling down. But it's how we react going forward that really matters. And I think we will construct something good and tall and proud from the rubble, rather than slinking off to cower in holes.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2020, 03:57:20 pm »
The issue for me is CB availability.

We may decide to put Fab back there full time and rotate with other two.

It is but we have an incredible amount of top midfielders.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2020, 04:02:37 pm »
Definitely think we can still win the league and win it well. Despite this injury there's still not one player from Chelsea, Utd or Arsenal that gets in our team. There's one from Spurs on current form and 2 from City, perhaps 3 if you wanted Aguero for Bobby which our manager wouldn't.

We are quite clearly still better than everyone else and despite the draw it shouldn't be forgotten that we were actually immense on Saturday in ridiculous circumstances, 2 of our 4 toughest away games in a season are also now done. We will need a bit of luck with injuries from now though and our games to be officiated properly which is a huge question mark.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2020, 04:08:59 pm »
It's a fair question, but when I say it, I'm talking about the people who say we have no chance. And believe me, there are definitely people saying it. Maybe even more Reds than anyone else.

Of course, that is probably a lot of the immediate devastation talking, and the best way to.silence those doubts is to win games.

All we need is a bit of momentum and I do believe we're still capable of putting a winning run together and assert ourselves. I think we'll have less control than last season but we have the players to win a number of ways, and there is certainly enough goals in our team, enough quality in midfield, to get 85+ points.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: October 19, 2020, 04:31:45 pm »
People writing us off for the title are nuts.

Yes, it's a huge blow to lose Virgil but we're far better team now than when he arrived. Also, there's a transfer window opening in ~2 months.

Mike Edwards to play his magic again.

It's bad but we can turn that into an opportunity to lower the pressure, play the underdog card (because without VVD), while battering most teams in the league.

My money is on the Reds for number 20!

No doubt!
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #238 on: October 19, 2020, 04:34:40 pm »
He’s actually been very unlucky that his workplaces have never had a Christmas Party whilst he’s worked there, just a weird anomaly.
uncanny coincidence I guess
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2020, 04:43:26 pm »
We can win the league but we can also finish out the top 4. It's a freakish season with no normality to it at all and injuries/covid have already battered us and we're going to be down to the bear bones defensively where we were already struggling. Getting through the CL with Ajax and Atalanta is a huge task now as well given the injuries. Lose on Wednesday and it goes down to the wire again like the last two seasons which has a knock on effect with the crazy run of fixtures

Priority is making sure we're back in the CL next year, given the huge hit we've already took financially. Everything seems to be against us this year.

Anything more than 4th place and round of 16 CL is a bonus at this point, but we need to achieve that at least.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 04:46:52 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season