The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Coutinho

(1/1606) > >>

deFacto please, you bastards:
He has a 4 year contract, he is playing well, we hold all the cards. If someone wants to buy him and we want to sell, 150 million minimum price for shit stains like Barca,Real and PSG.

AmanShah21:
In a realistic scenario, next summer if Barca come in early and offer 120 million plus, we'd accept it out of courtesy. However, knowing the shitstains that Barca are, I know they'll try to haggle and try dirty tactics to get him for a tenner and a bag of crisps and hopefully that'll piss JWH enough to go ballistic and shut the whole thing down. That's the best realistic scenario I am hoping for given the fact that they are run by a bunch of incompetent clowns and John Henry doesn't take bullshit in the market.

PIPA23:

--- Quote from: AmanShah21 on December 27, 2017, 03:23:53 am ---In a realistic scenario, next summer if Barca come in early and offer 120 million plus, we'd accept it out of courtesy. However, knowing the shitstains that Barca are, I know they'll try to haggle and try dirty tactics to get him for a tenner and a bag of crisps and hopefully that'll piss JWH enough to go ballistic and shut the whole thing down. That's the best realistic scenario I am hoping for given the fact that they are run by a bunch of incompetent clowns and John Henry doesn't take bullshit in the market.

--- End quote ---

depends on his world cup.. but i think 120 is not enough for a proven international player in his peak. Compare his performances with other wingers or attacking mids in world football and i don´t think there are many better than him. He is a natural player... talented + professional on and off the pitch. He should not be much cheaper than what Neymar´s worth is. Players like Coutinho are rare. He made it in PL as one of very few Brazilians with his pure talent and determination... imagine what he could do in Spain or other country´s considered softer in football approach... we should not sell.

edit: also you have to look more on the fact what would 120 mil. for Coutinho next summer be getting us. With prices for players going crazy, would 120 mil. be enough to buy players like him to replace that would go straight to starting 11? would such players come knowing we sold a player who they would like to play with, i mean the best players... in reality we would spend it on young unproven players, from which one would become great and we will sell again after him being great for us for 3-4 seasons... that´s not the way forward.

Crouch Potato:
I think the way Barca are pissing La Liga should help us, as they will feel less desperate to buy Phil, so let's hope they stay comfortably ahead.

Hymer Red:

--- Quote from: PIPA23 on December 27, 2017, 02:51:11 am ---we need to become a final destination for players, therefore not selling our best players to Barca or Real... Bayern are not doing that, because they want to be the best. We are part of Premier league, worlds most entertaining and rich league, this should be the ultimate dream for players to be part of this league. Even if it might not be true in past, look at this season, how many english clubs are left in CL. The league has the best competition, nevermind City´s form this year, the league is very very strong. Clubs can afford to spend more and it is visible in how they progress in Europe. Of course traditionally spanish top clubs are the ultimate goal for latin america players, but in Coutinho´s case, we don´t have to sell and we shoud make a statement by not selling him. period. Doesn´t matter if the team will make this transition by losing him. Many things are won by passion and luck, but even more things are won by having top class talent available and motivated. We should motivate Coutinho to give us his best years, not Barcelona etc.

--- End quote ---

Well I agree that we should be trying to keep our best players and success would help in that but no club can keep hold of a player that really wants to leave for whatever reason. Even when we were winning everything we had players leaving for grass they thought was greener. Think Keegan Souness McNamaman even Rushie tried his luck elsewhere. Right now we are doing well to finish top four and progress in the cups but trophies are hard to come by so I can see why some would want to leave. I can also see how the club would see the influx of a load of money as a way of strenghtening more than one position further back when we have others like Mo Salah Bobby and Mane playing so well and others improving all over the pitch.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version