Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2874531 times)

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #18920 on: January 26, 2022, 06:36:19 pm »
Anyone else concerned about his hairline?

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18921 on: January 26, 2022, 06:39:21 pm »
Anyone got a stream to the ivory cost vs egypt game?

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18922 on: January 26, 2022, 06:49:00 pm »
Does he ever miss the real important ones?
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18923 on: January 26, 2022, 06:49:06 pm »
Good penalty Mo

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #18924 on: January 26, 2022, 06:49:35 pm »
Just scored the winning pen in the shoot-out. Delighted for Mo on a personal level.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline gaztop08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18925 on: January 26, 2022, 06:49:41 pm »
Anyone got a stream to the ivory cost vs egypt game?

If in the Uk it was on BBC Iplayer

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18926 on: January 26, 2022, 06:50:08 pm »
World class.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #18927 on: January 26, 2022, 09:59:45 pm »
My Egyptian is rusty, but I think he said it's the trophy that one mean the most to me. It's the one closest to my heart. I'd trade all my trophies for this one. If we could win this one it would mean the world to me. I'd hang up my boots and spend the rest of my life looking at it .

;D

It does seem to have gone a fair bit recently. The mad curls highlight it sadly.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #18928 on: January 26, 2022, 10:20:23 pm »
Does he ever miss the real important ones?

Leicester?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18929 on: January 26, 2022, 10:23:54 pm »
not unless it affects his ability to score.  :)

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #18930 on: January 27, 2022, 07:14:56 am »
Good penalty Mo
I watched the penalty shootout on Youtube just now, seemed like it meant a lot to him. I am for happy for their team, and him of course.

p/s: I thought Egypt was going to lose that game as I was thinking their national team were not good enough.  ;D

How wrong I was.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18931 on: January 27, 2022, 09:12:04 am »

Not in the least. Will be delighted to see him scoring 20 a season with a crew cut aged 37 — or even a thatched up barnet from Turkey thrown in as part of his new contract along with some luminous white gnashers.

Someone needs to tell him not to go second in penalty shoot-outs and to go fifth in the team sequence - although I think he does really want those big walk-off home-runs like yesterday against Côte d'Ivoire.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18932 on: January 27, 2022, 09:44:21 am »

Imagine the transplant he'll be able to afford on his next contract

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #18933 on: January 27, 2022, 10:38:36 am »
My Egyptian is rusty, but I think he said it's the trophy that one mean the most to me. It's the one closest to my heart. I'd trade all my trophies for this one. If we could win this one it would mean the world to me. I'd hang up my boots and spend the rest of my life looking at it .
Athletic have reported the same today. Whilst I think winning trophies with his country will be close to his heart from a patriotic POV, not sure I believe the bit about trading all the other trophies for an AFCON. Why bother playing for top teams in top leagues and burning yourself out if all you want is winning the AFCON?

Think that line is just a bit of PR, truth is he wants to win them all! My hope is that either Egypt or Senegal win the comp but that the other goes out the quarters (from a purely selfish angle).
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18934 on: January 27, 2022, 10:59:14 am »
Athletic have reported the same today. Whilst I think winning trophies with his country will be close to his heart from a patriotic POV, not sure I believe the bit about trading all the other trophies for an AFCON. Why bother playing for top teams in top leagues and burning yourself out if all you want is winning the AFCON?

Think that line is just a bit of PR, truth is he wants to win them all! My hope is that either Egypt or Senegal win the comp but that the other goes out the quarters (from a purely selfish angle).

I hope they both go out and we get two of our best players back asap. I'm a Liverpool supporter and i couldn't give a hoot about international football.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #18935 on: January 27, 2022, 02:36:40 pm »

Exactly. He's on national team duty so obviously he will come out with things like this, be weird if he said he wasn't arsed about it.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #18936 on: January 28, 2022, 12:55:39 am »
I hope they both go out and we get two of our best players back asap. I'm a Liverpool supporter and i couldn't give a hoot about international football.
Obviously that would be best for us but I know they will get pelters for losing so early,  would rather one of them came back fulfilled than both  feeling like shit!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #18937 on: January 28, 2022, 12:33:22 pm »
Think Diaz makes him staying much more likely - can't see us committing to a significant signing whose another forward that plays off the left if we were losing our main man from the other side

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #18938 on: January 28, 2022, 03:05:46 pm »
Think Diaz makes him staying much more likely - can't see us committing to a significant signing whose another forward that plays off the left if we were losing our main man from the other side
I thought the opposite.

What if Klopp and his team are thinking of playing Diaz as an inverted winger..

Either way, it's either necessary succession planning and/or increasing competition for places - both of which are essential for any trophy-hunting, modern club.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18939 on: January 28, 2022, 03:26:36 pm »
I thought the opposite.

What if Klopp and his team are thinking of playing Diaz as an inverted winger..

Either way, it's either necessary succession planning and/or increasing competition for places - both of which are essential for any trophy-hunting, modern club.

Why when he’s best football has been played cutting in from the left, would be like playing Salah on the wide left, Diaz is more likely to play as a number 9 than on the right IMO.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18940 on: January 28, 2022, 03:28:48 pm »
It doesn't make sense to replace all of our front 3, you want some continuity, so you'd of thought you give one of them a new contract The signs are that we won't give Firmino one, he barely plays these days (partly injury, partly selection), then it comes down to Mane and Salah. Salah is arguably getting better, Mane is arguably on the decline. We're about to sign a forward who plays from the left. Put all this together and it'd just make sense to keep Salah and lose Firmino and Mane. I'd want to keep one of them for next season and sell the other. Makes all this a little bittersweet really doesn't it. Those 3 have been so brilliant for us.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18941 on: January 28, 2022, 03:29:10 pm »
Diaz is right footed. He's playing off the Left so Mane's position or as a #9 and move Jota to the Left.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #18942 on: January 29, 2022, 02:13:15 pm »
In all these contract negotiations with Mo, let's not forget an important component of them is the boss. I truly believe the main sticking point is length of contract. Mo wants at least 5 even 6, the club are saying 4, maybe? Mo maybe would accept 'similar' dough over 5 but would, rightly, in my opinion, want an assurance Jurgen would be here, also. Contrary to popular opinion that theirs is a 'working relationship,' I believe there is a deep and utter respect and admiration for each other that could actually convince the boss to add a couple of years on in order to coach Mo through those 5 years as they plot a course together where Mo's incredible footballing skills are harnessed in order to improve this team to the highest heights over the next 5 years

EDIT: Everything Mo does is unique. He wants to influence games on the pitch. He is constantly evolving as a footballer in order to achieve that...look at his equisitve forward passing that invariably ends up as a chance. He realises it gets him more goals! Mo loves tha'. I bet Jurgen learn't him that  8)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 02:21:02 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18943 on: January 29, 2022, 02:20:46 pm »
In all these contract negotiations with Mo, let's not forget an important component of them is the boss. I truly believe the main sticking point is length of contract. Mo wants at least 5 even 6, the club are saying 4, maybe? Mo maybe would accept 'similar' dough over 5 but would, rightly, in my opinion, want an assurance Jurgen would be here, also. Contrary to popular opinion that theirs is a 'working relationship,' I believe there is a deep and utter respect and admiration for each other that could actually convince the boss to add a couple of years on in order to coach Mo through those 5 years as they plot a course together where Mo's incredible footballing skills are harnessed in order to improve this team to the highest heights over the next 5 years

I suspect they'll get a bit jaded after the third PL-CL double in a row, and call it a day before the 5 years are up.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18944 on: January 30, 2022, 05:58:43 pm »
He's the world's best.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #18945 on: January 30, 2022, 07:32:26 pm »
Fucking hell Mo, can you stop being so good for the next game? You could have been relaxing on the beach with a new hat.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #18946 on: January 30, 2022, 08:04:35 pm »
Fucking hell Mo, can you stop being so good for the next game? You could have been relaxing on the beach with a new hat.
Doesn't make a difference to us now what happens the next game; he'll be among the players coming back the latest whether he plays in the final or the 3rd/4th place game.

The new hat was available today...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #18947 on: January 30, 2022, 08:18:28 pm »
Go on and win it now Mo. The best player in the world deserves to lift a cup for his country.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #18948 on: January 30, 2022, 10:09:27 pm »
Wonder if klopp would take an upstairs role.
 Does t seem the sort , bit if he needs a break from the intensity of the role he has now I'm sure he do wonders . Obviously it would be massively imposing on the guy in the hotseat but klopp would seem to know how to let him get on with his job .
If nothing else I'd want him available to talk to the rest of the recruitment team. I'm not sure any top club has been so successful with transfers since any meaningful comparisons can be made.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18949 on: January 30, 2022, 10:57:08 pm »

I agree. I think Mane is the one we'll probably see on his way out. There's a distinct lack of noise about his contract and he is perhaps the more sellable out of him and Bobby. I can see someone like Bayern or Juve coming in for a 30-40m fee.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18950 on: January 31, 2022, 09:06:02 am »
well done on getting through Mo - this Egyptian team are not at the same level as Cameroon nor Senegal. But hey another SF.

Putting my LFC hat back on - I was a little worried yesterday when I saw him limping around in the last 5 mins and then putting all that effort into sprinting forwards trying to get the 3rd goal when Morrocan keeper went up for Corner/FK and a poor pass left it a little too late for Mo to get another goal.

but that sprinting was full on and would not have helped him

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18951 on: February 2, 2022, 09:05:30 pm »
Sadio through. Time for Mo to step up again tomorrow night. Go Mo!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18952 on: February 2, 2022, 11:27:06 pm »
I agree. I think Mane is the one we'll probably see on his way out. There's a distinct lack of noise about his contract and he is perhaps the more sellable out of him and Bobby. I can see someone like Bayern or Juve coming in for a 30-40m fee.

For a guy "on the way out" he was fantastic tonight.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #18953 on: February 2, 2022, 11:31:15 pm »
Heard that some United fans who bought Mason Greenwood’s shirts have taken it back to the shops in exchange for Mo Salah’s.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18954 on: February 3, 2022, 10:16:04 am »
We should sell. The mighty Aboubakar has spoken:

Aboubakar on Salah: "He doesn’t impress me much. I say it clearly because I’m an honest person & I have my way of seeing things. If he impressed me, I would say so. He doesn’t impress me much. He’s a good player, he scores a lot but he doesn’t produce a lot of stuff in the game."

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #18955 on: February 3, 2022, 10:45:22 am »

Aboubakar on Salah: "He doesn’t impress me much. I say it clearly because I’m an honest person & I have my way of seeing things. If he impressed me, I would say so. He doesn’t impress me much. He’s a good player, he scores a lot but he doesn’t produce a lot of stuff in the game."

"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18956 on: February 3, 2022, 10:49:12 am »

A lot of Roy Hodgson's "Suarez isn't world class" energy in this one

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18957 on: February 3, 2022, 11:05:37 am »

Big, big Clinton Morrison in 2001 vibes about this nonsense. What a blert.

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18958 on: February 3, 2022, 11:19:41 am »
Haha!!! I read about it too in Liverpool Echo website.  ;D  ;D

Liverpool Echo: "Not at Mbappe level" - Liverpool star Mohamed Salah bizarrely criticised by AFCON rival.

Mohamed Salah has been the subject of a rather bizarre criticism from Cameroon striker Vincent Aboubakar.
The Liverpool star is set to feature for Egypt in their Africa Cup of Nations semi-final against host nation Cameroon on Thursday evening.
Salah helped his country reach the final four of the competition, scoring a goal and providing an assist in the 2-1 victory over Morocco in the quarter-final.

Aboubakar, who is the top scorer at AFCON with six goals, is set to go head-to-head with the Egyptian King when they face each other in tonight's remaining last-four tie.
Aboubakar also explained why he thinks Salah is "not at the level" of Paris Saint-Germain forward Kylian Mbappe, who has been tentatively linked with a move to Liverpool.

"I see it as before. He is having a great season in the Premier League, he is helping his country to advance in the competition," Aboubakar said.
"I wish him a lot of luck. May the best win!"

"He doesn't impress me much. I say it clearly because I'm an honest person and I have my way of seeing things."
"If he impressed me, I would say so. But he doesn't impress me much. He's a good player, he scores a lot but he doesn't produce a lot of stuff in the game."

- https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mohamed-salah-afcon-liverpool-breaking-22969557
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Online NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18959 on: February 3, 2022, 11:21:51 am »

I was laughing at the "but he (Salah) doesn't produce a lot of stuff in the game" line. Hahahhahhaha!!! ;D  ;D