The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Sadio Mané

<< < (2386/2582) > >>

RedG13:

--- Quote from: GreatEx on January 27, 2022, 01:11:48 am ---I was being generous,based on the fact it's not his call to make, and not really his job to understand, except "always listen to the doctors".

--- End quote ---
There should be spotters for concussions and not the team and coaches call for this, Trainers and Doctors. US leagues do pretty good on this for sports. Hopefully Football improves this

Persephone:

--- Quote from: the_red_pill on January 26, 2022, 03:18:30 pm ---For me Concussion is quite personal- my brother died about 8 hours after a concussion. He "looked" okay. He got some treatment and was happy and chatted up the nurses etc.. had to stay in hospital overnight and they'd take scans the next morning...
They even said he was free to leave and return the next morning for the scans, but he opted to overnight.
The next morning he wouldn't wake up.

Concussion isn't anything to play with. Everything may "look" hunky-dory afterwards, but the damage is internal and frequently, people die, or start to notice the effect from only a few hours to a few days later.

It's dead serious.

--- End quote ---
I'm really sorry for your loss, absolutely tragic way to go. I agree with everything you say, people just shrug when you say "concussion". It's a traumatic brain injury and should be treated very delicately. I got concussed last year, luckily I was able to get medical treatment immediately. However it took over a month for me to feel back to normal, the headaches and brain fog were debilitating.

If Sadio is allowed to play while being concussed it is gross negligence and potentially life threatening.

scatman:
when people talk about Matip retiring without a second thought, theres a big thing to consider, Sadio, Mo, Naby go back to their home town/villages where they are adored and feted. Any premature retirement would bring huge grief to them, in contrast Joel going back to his home town of Bochum - doubt anyone there gives a shit about Cameroon.

King Kenny 7:
Sadio must be liking his chances of getting to the final now he knows they've got B.F in the semi if they beat E.G on Sunday.

Of most of us will want to see Sadio or Mo come back a winner but I for sure dont want them going head to head in the Final - that would never end well!

Sangria:

--- Quote from: King Kenny 7 on January 30, 2022, 01:48:48 am ---Sadio must be liking his chances of getting to the final now he knows they've got B.F in the semi if they beat E.G on Sunday.

Of most of us will want to see Sadio or Mo come back a winner but I for sure dont want them going head to head in the Final - that would never end well!

--- End quote ---

Like that Brazil vs Argentina game in the Olympics? Where Lucas was sent off for hacking down Mascherano?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version