The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Sadio Mané

<< < (2386/3209) > >>

Sangria:

--- Quote from: King Kenny 7 on January 30, 2022, 01:48:48 am ---Sadio must be liking his chances of getting to the final now he knows they've got B.F in the semi if they beat E.G on Sunday.

Of most of us will want to see Sadio or Mo come back a winner but I for sure dont want them going head to head in the Final - that would never end well!

--- End quote ---

Like that Brazil vs Argentina game in the Olympics? Where Lucas was sent off for hacking down Mascherano?

Eeyore:

--- Quote from: scatman on January 27, 2022, 01:24:08 pm ---when people talk about Matip retiring without a second thought, theres a big thing to consider, Sadio, Mo, Naby go back to their home town/villages where they are adored and feted. Any premature retirement would bring huge grief to them, in contrast Joel going back to his home town of Bochum - doubt anyone there gives a shit about Cameroon.

--- End quote ---

Matip didn't retire without a second thought, though.

He was born in Germany and he and his brother Marvin were shafted by Cameroon well before he joined Liverpool. Cameroon messed up the paper work that would have allowed the Matip's to represent Cameroon. Then when the paperwork was done, they were continually messed about by Cameroon.

decosabute:
So, not at all surprisingly, Sadio has been declared fit to play the Q-F. Is it really realistic that there'd be no concussion after the impact he had and how he seemed both immediately after and ten minutes after the incident? Genuine question.

farawayred:

--- Quote from: decosabute on January 30, 2022, 07:43:39 am ---So, not at all surprisingly, Sadio has been declared fit to play the Q-F. Is it really realistic that there'd be no concussion after the impact he had and how he seemed both immediately after and ten minutes after the incident? Genuine question.

--- End quote ---
The concussion has been established, that's why he was substituted. It wasn't diagnosed at the time of collision, but later he felt dizzy, so the team doctor said he was concussed. And now the same team doctor said that he's fit to play. That's that. The power of decision lays with the team doctor per FIFA. Sadly, the concussion protocols are not the same as what we are used to in Europe, and FIFA has not mandated a uniform standard across the confederations.

Schmarn:

I’ve not seen a single person from the Senegal set up acknowledge that it was a concussion. They purposely use words like ‘dizzy’ which is much broader than a concussion. I get dizzy if I stand up too quickly. That’s why he has been cleared to play. No one with a concussion can be cleared to play within 4 days.

The fact is they don’t give a shit about his long term health so long as he plays for them. Of course the player will always want to play which is why the team doctors have to take responsibility.

This isn’t an AFCON thing. I remember Reece James getting knocked clean out earlier this season and Chelsea put him back on the pitch. It’s a disgrace. Senegal can do one as far as I’m concerned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version