Author Topic: Vladimir Šmicer  (Read 20652 times)

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Vladimir Šmicer
« Reply #120 on: April 23, 2022, 09:51:00 am »
Really good read in the Liverpool Echo (for a change) covering Vladi's career and final days.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-rafa-benitez-breaking-23731947

Smicer was desperately unlucky with injuries despite flashes of brilliance. I was always delighted for him in Istanbul, definitely marked his place as a legend.

Thanks for posting that, enjoyed it. Athough I always wanted more from Smicer (of course injuries didn't help) but still played a big part in helping us win trophies.

I do like his justification for shooting in Istanbul but still, I stand by thinking at time 'Don't shoot Vladi'.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #121 on: April 23, 2022, 11:19:45 am »
Thanks for posting that, enjoyed it. Athough I always wanted more from Smicer (of course injuries didn't help) but still played a big part in helping us win trophies.

I do like his justification for shooting in Istanbul but still, I stand by thinking at time 'Don't shoot Vladi'.

:) I always have my heart in my mouth when Baros jumps out the way!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2022, 08:58:28 am »
:) I always have my heart in my mouth when Baros jumps out the way!

Ha ha he might have even been offside aa well?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2022, 09:35:51 am »
Thanks for posting, good read that.
They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!