The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Bernard Diomede

(1/22) > >>

Bob Kurac:

--- Quote ---DIOMEDE: I'M STAYING WITH REDS

Liverpool winger Bernard Diomede has revealed that he will stay at Anfield, despite a lack of first team opportunities, mainly due to injury, since signing from Auxerre last season.

The 27-year-old has been linked with a return to his former club with Lens and Sedan also keen on the midfielder.

However, Diomede said: "In May I held talks with the coach, (Houlier) and he told me he needs me. Therefore I decided to stay with Liverpool. I have settled into the English way of living and am keen to stay."

"Whatever my form, whatever my objectives I had to realise that those in the team deserved their place. I did not say anything about being unhappy until March and then an English club contacted me.

"That interested me, but Gerard Houllier rejected the transfer. Diomede admitted that he moved to Liverpool to try and resurrect his career after it stalled following France's World Cup win in 1998.

"After the World Cup, I endured two difficult seasons in Auxerre and I lost the desire for playing. England was the ideal place for me to bounce back, but it has not worked out yet. When I was at the top, I was revitalized but I am currently at the bottom of the scale and I am sure I will rise to the top again.

--- End quote ---

Downsy:
Seems like he has a bit of sense. He looks like quite a good player. So i think that he deserves his chance providing he is prepared to knuckle down and show ged what he can do.

Eddie:
Good to hear that.Whats not in dispute is the fact that we do need quality width and "Little Bernie" fits the bill if he can steer clear of injury.Get his nose down and take his opportunities.

"Le Boss" doesn't like giving up on players.Murphy and Redders are prime examples,so perhaps it's just what Bernie needs.Good luck to him!

Curly Tom:
I'm glad about that, i think given the chance he could be a class act.

John Marquis (RedRock):
:)
Good news in my opinion.
Gerard clearly rates the guy and BD appears prepared to 'give it a go'.....I only saw him play once last season and was impressed with his first half performance (against Sunderland) being especially unlucky with that over-head kick which looked well over the line ....if I remember right he was 'bullied' out of the game by Emerson Thome during the second half....
I think we all agree if there is one area where we can improve it is in the area of natural width and maybe here BD can provide that missing ingredient.
Bob, what news of Richie Partridge following his time in Bristol ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version