Author Topic: Martin Tyler  (Read 19496 times)

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
Martin Tyler
« on: August 5, 2022, 10:08:23 am »
Sorry if this in the wrong place mods but just been made aware of a Martin Tyler interview on Radio 4 where he refers to “Hillsborough and other hooligan related issues”.

https://twitter.com/tomdunn26/status/1555469234150559744?s=20&t=dI6sOLDkkCywrGek0DN87A

It’s simply ridiculous that this is STILL happening!

Complain to the BBC here https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: Martin Tyler
« Reply #1 on: August 5, 2022, 10:14:58 am »
Done

We'll await further 'he doesnt actually hate Liverpool, dont be so sensitive' posts this season.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 5, 2022, 10:16:36 am »
Fucking dirty rat, but we've known this for years. No doubt Carragher will sit wanking him off later rather than calling him out on air.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 5, 2022, 10:22:44 am »
Done

Ban him from Anfield

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2022, 10:23:24 am »
I've raised a complaint and also referenced the Jonathan Goldberg comments on the Adrian Chiles show last year.  The BBC need to get it front and centre with their presenters that this shit needs calling out at the time.

I'm not generally one for "cancel culture" but it's really time that Tyler was moved on.  The mask has slipped with him in that interview.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5 on: August 5, 2022, 10:28:39 am »
Done

Ban him from Anfield

Surely the club can so this? Although obviously might not be aware of what he's like at the moment

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #6 on: August 5, 2022, 10:38:59 am »
BBC News Press Team
@BBCNewsPR
·
20m
Interview on
@BBCr4today

We regret that we did not robustly challenge Martin Tyler on a comment which appeared to link Hillsborough & hooliganism. Martin has since apologised for the comment & clarified that these were separate examples & he did not intend to conflate the two.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #7 on: August 5, 2022, 10:41:51 am »
BBC News Press Team
@BBCNewsPR
·
20m
Interview on
@BBCr4today

We regret that we did not robustly challenge Martin Tyler on a comment which appeared to link Hillsborough & hooliganism. Martin has since apologised for the comment & clarified that these were separate examples & he did not intend to conflate the two.

I assume ‘Martin’s’ defence is advanced senility?

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #8 on: August 5, 2022, 10:43:00 am »
I assume ‘Martin’s’ defence is advanced senility?

Have no idea. Seems somewhat mealy-mouthed imo.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: August 5, 2022, 10:46:03 am »
BBC News Press Team
@BBCNewsPR
·
20m
Interview on
@BBCr4today

Is that a public apology? or has the damage already been done by saying stupid shit in the first place?

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #10 on: August 5, 2022, 10:48:16 am »
At this point I don't think it does any particular damage other than emotional - not to minimize that in any way of course.  People know the facts, they just choose to ignore them. It will always be a stick people beat this club with. Fans, players, pundits.  Best we can do is call it out and root the fuckers out.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #11 on: August 5, 2022, 10:52:55 am »
I used to think Tyler was just a crap, semi-comatose commentator who should have been put out to grass years ago. After all, he is shite at commentating on all games, not just Liverpool. But nah, this is absurd. He's actively perpetuating harm against the club and the fans now and that's on top of those snidey little asides he always used to make. A step too far. I'll file a complaint too.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: August 5, 2022, 10:53:21 am »
Hated the useless gobshite way before now. That Hillsborough comment just tips him levels below pond scum.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #13 on: August 5, 2022, 11:02:15 am »
People like Tyler have lots of clout, as thick and ill informed as they are. The younger generation in particular who may not be aware of the full facts of Hillsborough might take this comment on board and  take it as fact.

It only takes one comment like this to do an awful lot  of damage, its took so many good,  honest people decades to rightly clear our name, and this prick comes out with this.

No way should  this insensitive fucker be allowed in Anfield again....if he is, he should have the balls to apologise live on air to all concerned at LFC for his comments.

Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14 on: August 5, 2022, 11:02:17 am »
There's no justification for this old c*nt to ever set foot inside Anfield again. It'd be so simple and the correct thing to just ban him from entering the ground.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 11:08:21 am by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 5, 2022, 11:05:50 am »
BBC News Press Team
@BBCNewsPR
·
20m
Interview on
@BBCr4today

I've not heard nor can I find any online record of Tyler's apology.  It would be good if he used his enormous platform as Sky Sports's lead commentator and the start of the Premier League season to make it crystal clear that Hillsborough was not hooligan related and the fans were not to blame.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: August 5, 2022, 11:21:10 am »
He knew exactly what he was doing there. He even emphasised the "other" in his sentence. His apology doesn't mean shit.

I actually think it's quite funny when he commentates on us, as his dismal doom-filled commentary makes me laugh. But this shit should be enough to have him removed from Sky Sports. He can piss off to BeIN Sports. with Grey and Keys. 

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: August 5, 2022, 11:22:53 am »
BBC News Press Team
@BBCNewsPR
·
20m
Interview on
@BBCr4today

Apologised to who? I haven't seen it.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #18 on: August 5, 2022, 11:24:46 am »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 5, 2022, 11:26:31 am »
Apologised to who? I haven't seen it.

Me neither. Him and his agent are probably formulating an apology right now, which I suspect we'll see later on today.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #20 on: August 5, 2022, 11:35:38 am »
Very damaging, and completely reprehensible and unforgivable.  You don't accidentally come out with a comment like that. He knew what he was saying, he knew about the history, the sensitivities, and the misinformation.

Pathetic twat.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 5, 2022, 11:41:19 am »
Is he still on Sky? We should be complaining to them too as he represents their organisation if so.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 5, 2022, 11:46:18 am »
Have seen his apology now.
Still don't know who he gave it to, was put up on Twitter by Neil Jones.
Pathetic.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 5, 2022, 11:47:13 am »
Very damaging, and completely reprehensible and unforgivable.  You don't accidentally come out with a comment like that. He knew what he was saying, he knew about the history, the sensitivities, and the misinformation.

Pathetic twat.

Yep, it's utter bollocks, been on air for decades but apparently doesn't know how to word something football related in an interview. Ok.

Sadly no surprise from him though.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: August 5, 2022, 11:49:15 am »
Steve Rotheram calling out his 'exceptionally crass' comments.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #25 on: August 5, 2022, 11:54:06 am »
Good to see this not just being circulated on Liverpool forums, he really needs to be binned.  Incredibly crass comment.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #26 on: August 5, 2022, 12:01:35 pm »
Guardian on it.

“Hillsborough and other hooligan related events” Martin Tyler @BBCr4today - please correct that.

— Shelagh Fogarty 💚 (@ShelaghFogarty) August 5, 2022\n","url":"https://twitter.com/shelaghfogarty/status/1555463913449431040?s=24&t=CWfvE80hJCt6eLSuN0ilbw.","id":"1555463913449431040","hasMedia":false,"role":"inline","isThirdPartyTracking":false,"source":"Twitter","elementId":"dd5091e1-e612-4eb8-939e-503a0d502b57"}}" data-gu-ready="true" style="box-sizing: border-box;">

"It would be great to get some response from Mr Tyler, Sky Sports & the Today programme.”

An insensitive gaffe indeed. One expects more from Tyler"

Not from Liverpool fans you don't

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 5, 2022, 12:08:32 pm »
I think this could finish him. He's trending all over Twitter meaning it's reaching a wider audience than just Liverpool fans knowing he's wank. MPs tweeting about it etc. Won't have escaped the club's notice and I hope they lay the law down by refusing entrance to Anfield. Sky would be in a situation then because they'd not be able to use him for most of their most watched games each season.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 5, 2022, 12:11:07 pm »
I think this could finish him. He's trending all over Twitter meaning it's reaching a wider audience than just Liverpool fans knowing he's wank. MPs tweeting about it etc. Won't have escaped the club's notice and I hope they lay the law down by refusing entrance to Anfield. Sky would be in a situation then because they'd not be able to use him for most of their most watched games each season.
Unfortunately I think he'll be OK as he's put it down to a misunderstanding and apologised.  That will be enough to let him off any proper consequences.  He's still an outdated c**t though.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1555504230265495553?cxt=HHwWgoC9ueS2oZYrAAAA

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 5, 2022, 12:11:15 pm »
Martin Tyler has issued an aplogy " Sorry, Im a c*nt"

well thats how I read it.

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 5, 2022, 12:12:40 pm »
Unfortunately I think he'll be OK as he's put it down to a misunderstanding and apologised.  That will be enough to let him off any proper consequences.  He's still an outdated c**t though.

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1555504230265495553?cxt=HHwWgoC9ueS2oZYrAAAA

hold on...is he implying the misunderstanding is ours?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #31 on: August 5, 2022, 12:13:44 pm »

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry you people are too stupid to understand that I meant different things. You people are just so stupid. I'm sorry for that.

Fuck Martin Tyler.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #32 on: August 5, 2022, 12:15:10 pm »
Martin Tyler is a c*nt. Apologies for any misunderstanding.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 5, 2022, 12:18:44 pm »
hold on...is he implying the misunderstanding is ours?

Yep, looks like it. Despite it not being a misunderstanding at all and more an incredibly crass comment from Tyler as Steve Rotheram has said.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #34 on: August 5, 2022, 12:19:03 pm »
Done.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 5, 2022, 12:22:13 pm »
BBC can't do anything, Sky won't do anything, down to the club to ban him

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #36 on: August 5, 2022, 12:22:41 pm »
You could maybe forgive some people for a mincing of words - although this should still have been challenged and clarified on air at the time.

But the thing is Tyler has been in this game a long long time now, he has a lot of clout and influence, and his job for decades has been one of a professional commentator and indeed the voice of football. In other words his job specifically involves NOT mincing his words.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #37 on: August 5, 2022, 12:26:33 pm »
Why does this old soak hate us so much? I doubt even Carragher will be quick to defend him now

Not interested in apologies. Just keep him off our games. We drive a lot of Sky subscriptions and viewers, show us some respect.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #38 on: August 5, 2022, 12:27:36 pm »
What a c*nt.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: August 5, 2022, 12:34:29 pm »
I've raised a complaint and also referenced the Jonathan Goldberg comments on the Adrian Chiles show last year.  The BBC need to get it front and centre with their presenters that this shit needs calling out at the time.

I'm not generally one for "cancel culture" but it's really time that Tyler was moved on.  The mask has slipped with him in that interview.

I have done the same pointing out that the BBC's apology after Chiles has proved to have been worthless. Tyler is a crap commentator but this episode reveals that he's just not a nice person as well. I hope Sky ensure that, at least, he never commentates on a Liverpol game again.