Author Topic: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April  (Read 170001 times)

Online ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
Re: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April
« Reply #800 on: April 27, 2016, 12:45:08 am »
All I can do right now is give is my profound thanks to the families of the 96. You are an inspiration to us all. Also, I'd like to give thanks to the legal teams for the families, to all the dedicated support workers, to journalists like David Conn and Brian Reade, to Andy Burnham and Steve Rotheram, to the HFSG and the HJC, to all the mods at RAWK and fellow RAWKites, you know who you are, many of whom worked tirelessly and gave up so much of their lives with their expertise, money and time, and importantly to the jury who have given up so much of their time to see justice prevail.

To all the remaining families and survivors, may you live the rest of your live safe in the knowledge that no matter what anybody thinks, in the eyes of all those who truly love and care and in the eyes of the law, you and your loved ones have been vindicated and justice has prevailed. To the 96, and for those who have lost their lives since this disaster through illness, suicide, stress and anxiety and never lived to see justice done, may you now truly rest in peace. You never have and never will walk alone.

Everybody on RAWK, I'll see you all soon. Please take every crumb of comfort you can from today, and try to keep the momentum going until justice is fully served on every last person and public body.

Ian, Dave, Keith and Paul, may you rest soundly in peace for the first time today and every day hereafter.

Justice for the 96.

Sean  x

Fabulous, thank you.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #801 on: April 27, 2016, 12:47:06 am »
What a day. Happiness, anger, relief, sadness, gratitude, humility, respect, justice...... I was thinking there's no words but there's actually too many.

So happy for the families today, seeing those images of them coming out, almost in disbelief. The emotions they must have gone through. There still really aren't words to describe the respect for them and all the justice campaigners who kept going all these years.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #802 on: April 27, 2016, 12:50:42 am »
The list of heroes like Trevor, Margaret, Anne and the families and relentless campaigners, Phil Scratton, James Jones and the HIP, Burnham, Rotherham is long as is the list of those culpable

Bettison
Duckenfield
Murray
Popper
Stuart-Smith
Straw
Blair
Thatcher
Mackenzie
Hunt
Cameron
Ingham
Those individuals who represent the culpable or refuse to denigrate their predecessors - SY Ambulance, SY plod, West Midland Plod, IPCC, home office

Plus those in the media who perpetuated the lie through ignorance and/or complicity

If the law don't get you, karma will

I would add boris to the list and Clough.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:53:40 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #803 on: April 27, 2016, 12:56:48 am »
Shame, I liked The Times. Won't be buying it again.

Looks like they've "updated" it for the 2nd edition. Mind you, all they have done is swapped the picture of a woman clearing snow with the families post-verdict with a small note to go to pages 12-13. And swapped a headline banner about handbags for Hillsborough. That 11am verdict, must have really threw their editors off. Shameful really from a paper of record.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:58:31 am by rafathegaffa83 »

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: April 27, 2016, 01:08:24 am »
All I can do right now is give is my profound thanks to the families of the 96. You are an inspiration to us all. Also, I'd like to give thanks to the legal teams for the families, to all the dedicated support workers, to journalists like David Conn and Brian Reade, to Andy Burnham and Steve Rotheram, to the HFSG and the HJC, to all the mods at RAWK and fellow RAWKites, you know who you are, many of whom worked tirelessly and gave up so much of their lives with their expertise, money and time, and importantly to the jury who have given up so much of their time to see justice prevail.

To all the remaining families and survivors, may you live the rest of your live safe in the knowledge that no matter what anybody thinks, in the eyes of all those who truly love and care and in the eyes of the law, you and your loved ones have been vindicated and justice has prevailed. To the 96, and for those who have lost their lives since this disaster through illness, suicide, stress and anxiety and never lived to see justice done, may you now truly rest in peace. You never have and never will walk alone.

Everybody on RAWK, I'll see you all soon. Please take every crumb of comfort you can from today, and try to keep the momentum going until justice is fully served on every last person and public body.

Ian, Dave, Keith and Paul, may you rest soundly in peace for the first time today and every day hereafter.

Justice for the 96.

Sean  x

I thought I had my fill of tears today.

Apparently not.

YNWA Sean

Nick
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: April 27, 2016, 01:22:10 am »
Notice how they try to cover their backs with that comment "But the police smeared them with a pack of lies which in 1989 The Sun and others in the media swallowed whole"

Fuck off. c*nts

That excuse is such a crock of shit. They were (or meant to be) journalists. Their job was to question, to investigate, to dissect what they'd been told. Not parrot the official line fed to them, although that rag was always the mouthpiece of that rancid old cow Thatcher anyway. I'm sure her role in this was larger than we know. Anyway, that's for another thread. As you rightly say, fuck off, c*nts.

Offline Spanner McNabb

• Boys Pen
  • Promise the world, deliver an Atlas.
« Reply #806 on: April 27, 2016, 01:28:02 am »
Hearts, thoughts and prayers for the 96 and their families. I hope this brings them some solace. Justice for the 96. YNWA.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: April 27, 2016, 01:37:24 am »
Jesus, I don't know why, but after a day of welling up off and on reading about this, it was Everton's tweet that finally set the waterworks off. "Theirs is the greatest victory in the history of football" indeed.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #808 on: April 27, 2016, 01:39:25 am »
Amazing achievement by the families today's. Just shows you should never give up fighting. My thoughts are with the victims and those who didn't make it to see the truth come out today.

I wasn't alive to witness this tragedy. Born a year later. However, I have watched and listened all my life about the various accounts of that day. It saddens me each time to think about it. I can only imagine what these families have went through. Truly horrific. I just re watched the 30 for 30 documentary. Well, a part of it. I couldn't bare to watch it all to be honest. I did shed tears. My sadness must only be a fraction of those who lost people. 27 years to get redemption.

Days like today that the likes of the Sun newspaper and Mackenzie and Co don't deserve a seconds thought. Today is all about the victims.

RIP
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline pete99

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #809 on: April 27, 2016, 02:13:40 am »
I've spent three years reading these forums as I'm continuously in awe of what all of you have to say.  And while one might want a first post to have some extra significance, poignancy, and originality, I don't have that in my arsenal as many have written my thoughts already.

But I'm going to write them anyway; not for me, but for those who who fought from beginning to end in the pursuit of justice.  Thank you for showing us bravery and courage.  For those who were directly affected by these events and were brave enough to share their stories, thank you for your strength.  And, finally, for all of RAWK, thank you for an incredible sense of community.  I hope you never get tired of hearing that.

I was born and raised in the states and grew to love LFC over the past 10+ years - so not only am I completely anonymous to you all, but I lack a lot of perspective and closeness.  The more I learned about the team, the city, and the history, the more I craved that perspective - unsurprisingly, to me, as I started to feel part of something bigger than me.  That was a new feeling.  After all these years, I still can't explain it.  Maybe it's because I've somehow found my own niche in an incredibly tightly knit community.  One I don't feel worthy of calling myself a part of but one I'll always identify with.  But, ultimately, I don't want to know.  Don't want to know why I woke up feeling the way I did today.  The mystique of it is all too special.

I'll end by saying today means so much to me because of how much it means to all of you.  I'll forever be inspired by this journey - it is a shame that so many people had to work so hard for so long to "earn" what has been deserved since day one:  justice.  But it's here, incredibly bittersweet, and very real.  Cheers.

Offline lesknow

• Main Stander
« Reply #810 on: April 27, 2016, 02:16:32 am »
So many beautiful words from so many. THIS is what will be remembered in another 27 years.

As the news spreads and surely some of you will still be met with further resistance, you can now quietly say "I'm sorry. But you don't have a voice today."

Peace to you all

JFT96
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:50:42 am by lesknow »
I think this was 2001, in the Texas state legislature, they were trying to outlaw sodomy, while at the SAME time, trying to repeal the law against bestiality.
So potentially, you couldn't make love in the privacy of your own home, but you'd be able to go down to the local pound & have a good ol LEGAL Texas style dawg fuckin!
DO NOT MESS WITH TEXAS

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #811 on: April 27, 2016, 03:52:01 am »
More tears, but now for the Truth being acknowledged, and I hope Justice is served on all those that were at fault,
and especially those that covered it up, and those that spewed lies.

No more lies, the truth prevails.

To all those that fought the good fight and supported the families and friends, thank you

96 taken too soon, doing what we all love to do

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: April 27, 2016, 03:56:40 am »
Sometimes a picture just says it all...

Beautiful.  Much love and respect to all.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #813 on: April 27, 2016, 05:04:22 am »

“…. free at last, free at last , thank god almighty, we are free at last
                                                                                               -          Martin Luther King

At last…Justice for the 96

You are an inspiration mate and I hope every day you wake up to becomes easier from now on lad.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #814 on: April 27, 2016, 05:05:33 am »
I've spent three years reading these forums as I'm continuously in awe of what all of you have to say.  And while one might want a first post to have some extra significance, poignancy, and originality, I don't have that in my arsenal as many have written my thoughts already.

But I'm going to write them anyway; not for me, but for those who who fought from beginning to end in the pursuit of justice.  Thank you for showing us bravery and courage.  For those who were directly affected by these events and were brave enough to share their stories, thank you for your strength.  And, finally, for all of RAWK, thank you for an incredible sense of community.  I hope you never get tired of hearing that.

I was born and raised in the states and grew to love LFC over the past 10+ years - so not only am I completely anonymous to you all, but I lack a lot of perspective and closeness.  The more I learned about the team, the city, and the history, the more I craved that perspective - unsurprisingly, to me, as I started to feel part of something bigger than me.  That was a new feeling.  After all these years, I still can't explain it.  Maybe it's because I've somehow found my own niche in an incredibly tightly knit community.  One I don't feel worthy of calling myself a part of but one I'll always identify with.  But, ultimately, I don't want to know.  Don't want to know why I woke up feeling the way I did today.  The mystique of it is all too special.

I'll end by saying today means so much to me because of how much it means to all of you.  I'll forever be inspired by this journey - it is a shame that so many people had to work so hard for so long to "earn" what has been deserved since day one:  justice.  But it's here, incredibly bittersweet, and very real.  Cheers.

Thank you from all of us for sharing your dedicated and emotional thoughts today mate.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #815 on: April 27, 2016, 06:45:49 am »
Worth noting that the second edition of the Times (the one that goes into mass printing) did have an amended front page with a huge photo of the Hilsboroughon families at the court on it...

Even the BBC news this morning are going with the s*n not printing it on the front page though....  Quite damaging...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: April 27, 2016, 07:05:46 am »
I have never known anyone from the families who have been involved in or lost anyone in the tragedy, but I am happy that the truth and the correct verdict has been given. I can only hope that some sort of peace has been acquired, though losing those loved ones cannot be compared to the satisfaction of this verdict, each and every one of those families would prefer to have that person or people sitting down with them right now.

R.I.P those 96 fans that lost their lives that day, and Justice is over the horizon and hopefully will be swift in its conclusion.

YNWA

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #817 on: April 27, 2016, 07:12:17 am »
YNWA everyone!!!  YNWA!
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline rockredrock

• Main Stander
« Reply #818 on: April 27, 2016, 07:46:55 am »
So happy for the familys and club and our great supporters,disgusted with the scum and times and typical of Murdock.He can now stick sky up his arse as i will no longer
put money in his pocket,should have done it years ago.YNWA R.I.P THE 96
Thanks everyone for the "Thoughts and Prayers" I am feeling much better now. F'ing Asthma,f'ing cancer,f'ing diabetes,f'ing aortic aneurysm, Doc says I should go on a diet and exercise,but it might have been worse i could have been born a bitter Evertonian.      s o s member 5174

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #819 on: April 27, 2016, 07:55:09 am »
Martin Kenneth Wild

Had no family of friends to mourn or celebrate justice for him yesterday.

He is not alone, he has a family of thousands and friends all over the world. He wasn't alone yesterday, nor today.

Let Martin be remembered by us on RAWK.

" ...and I am not alone"
                                  -Peter Wylie 'Heart as Big as Liverpool'

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: April 27, 2016, 08:09:35 am »

Justice for the 96.

Sean  x

Take care of yourself, mate.

Yesterday, we had public acknowledgement of the truth; tomorrow we must have justice.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #821 on: April 27, 2016, 08:16:15 am »
Martin Kenneth Wild

Had no family of friends to mourn or celebrate justice for him yesterday.

He is not alone, he has a family of thousands and friends all over the world. He wasn't alone yesterday, nor today.

Let Martin be remembered by us on RAWK.

" ...and I am not alone"
                                  -Peter Wylie 'Heart as Big as Liverpool'

Fivelive have done a lovely piece on Martin this morning, tracked down his friend who went to Hillsborough with him on the day.

Offline wellred82

• Now considers himself properly educated around the significance of his birthday.....
  • Kopite
« Reply #822 on: April 27, 2016, 08:24:15 am »
Fivelive have done a lovely piece on Martin this morning, tracked down his friend who went to Hillsborough with him on the day.

I think there is a 2 hour special tonight too. Didn't catch the time.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: April 27, 2016, 08:38:44 am »
Amazing achievement by the families today's. Just shows you should never give up fighting. My thoughts are with the victims and those who didn't make it to see the truth come out today.

I wasn't alive to witness this tragedy. Born a year later. However, I have watched and listened all my life about the various accounts of that day. It saddens me each time to think about it. I can only imagine what these families have went through. Truly horrific. I just re watched the 30 for 30 documentary. Well, a part of it. I couldn't bare to watch it all to be honest. I did shed tears. My sadness must only be a fraction of those who lost people. 27 years to get redemption.

Days like today that the likes of the Sun newspaper and Mackenzie and Co don't deserve a seconds thought. Today is all about the victims.

RIP

I think it is even more reprehensible that people like David Beggs QC who would know the truth,having presumably pored over the Hillsborough panel independent report in preparation for the inquest, continued to run the defence of drunken fans bunking into the ground. He represented Duckenfield. He was the man who shook his head when Duckenfield (actually at that point to his credit) under cross examination by the Barrister for the rank and file officers admitted that his decisions directly led to the deaths of the 96 and the serious and life changing injuries to many others. The lawyers for those institutions found to have covered up took millions in taxpayers money and had a vested interest in extending the inquest and in doing so the  misery of the families.  Yes of course they had a duty to properly represent their clients but peddling the tired old lies of drunken fans etc in 2015 as Beggs did was an absolute disgrace. I followed proceedings carefully and this mans attempts at sustaining the slurs was disgraceful. Beggs on his Chambers website boasts that if a poice force is in a tight spot he is your man. That is why I have written to Beggs using the email address on his website to ask him to pay some of the hundreds of thousands of pounds of taxpayers money to a charity.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: April 27, 2016, 08:39:14 am »

Listened to Bruce with Kelly Kates last night

Very traumatic indeed, just horrible images that will clearly never leave him

Full version 5Live 7pm tonight I think
A win for the Liverpool country

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #825 on: April 27, 2016, 08:56:30 am »
Direct link to the video on the  David Conn article posted earlier:
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/video/2016/apr/26/hillsborough-inquiry-anatomy-of-a-disaster-video

Alot we already knew, a fair bit we didn't. Well worth a watch.

Had no idea this thread was open on RAWK yesterday so I've sat and read every single reply, welling up again.

JFT96
:D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #826 on: April 27, 2016, 09:04:25 am »
The fans and families and bereaved have proven one thing to me. never give up. they didn't need to prove the truth to me. I love a lot of things about Liverpool, the people is one reason, part of the reason i love them is they are honest people. You know where you stand, you know you wont be bullshitted. I could forgive them for walking away and giving up but they never did even after so much time and so many setbacks. I have never believed fans caused this.

Andy Burnham has also made me believe that although he maybe in a minority, there are good and honest politicians out there, and he is one of them.

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: April 27, 2016, 09:18:09 am »
Posted this on FB yesterday, to a less knowledgable audience than here. But bloody hell, what a day. What a victory. A victory for justice, a victory for our city, a victory for truth... A victory for the survivors, and for the 96. Keep fighting the good fight, Reds. I'll never be able to properly articulate the admiration I have for the collective factions and supporters that fought for so long for this. Heroes of our time. x

27 years. 27 years is how long it took to uncover the biggest establishment cover-up in British history. 27 years for the families of those who died to be given a proper inquest into their deaths, and for an unlawful killing verdict to be returned. 27 years for the other supporters in the stadium that day to be completely exonerated.

When I first started going to football matches, "you killed your own fans" and similar songs were commonplace. Liverpool supporters were blamed for the deaths of 96 of our own. As if the horror of Hillsborough wasn't enough, vile chants taunted survivors and other supporters, week in, week out. This was because of an outrageously corrupt and/or inept investigation, and a disgustingly biased media.

Today the fight for justice is vindicated. The scale of the cover-up cannot be comprehended right now, but as details emerge in due course, the appalling nature of the aftermath of Hillsborough and the decades that followed will be known. For now, the city of Liverpool, Liverpool FC supporters all over the world, and anyone with an interest in justice and humanity, should celebrate the fact that the campaigners would not let this lie. Despite being told time and time again that it was time to let it go, despite the numerous obstacles placed in their paths, they continued to demand justice and accountability. They did so because it was the right thing to do. It was a fight for justice for 96 fellow reds, it was a fight for justice for the survivors, but it was also a fight for justice for the country. What the Hillsborough cover-up makes clear is that for too long, those in power have not been held accountable.

But they picked on the wrong city. The wrong club. And today we take the most significant step yet towards justice for those who died.

"You say the hill's too steep to climb... chiding, you say you'd like to see me try... climbing. You pick the place and I'll choose the time, and I'll climb that hill in my own way."

‪YNWA

Love every bit of this.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #828 on: April 27, 2016, 09:22:04 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/day-hillsborough-match-commanders-barrister-11229733

The day Hillsborough match commanders' barrister took on Kenny Dalglish... and lost

Kenny Dalglish’s autobiography unexpectedly became a key text for the Hillsborough inquests when the former Liverpool FC manager gave evidence.

The Reds legend wore a Liverpool crested suit and ‘96’ badge when he took to the witness box to answer questions about the FA Cup semi-final on April 15, 1989.

Amidst the heartache of the inquests process, Hillsborough Family Support Group chairman Margaret Aspinall said she remembered the day of Mr Dalglish’s evidence because it “gave us a bit of a laugh”.

John Beggs QC, representing match commanders David Duckenfield, Roger Marshall and Roger Greenwood, had produced a 2011 edition of Mr Dalglish’s autobiography My Liverpool Home as he began asking the Scotsman questions.

Quoting from a section about the cup final at Wembley in 1986, he said: “I also saw, on TV, Scousers climbing through windows, dropping down ropes and pulling each other up, bunking in to the most famous stadium in the world for the oldest football trophy in the world.”

He went on: “When Wembley announced the official attendance as 98,000 I just laughed as there must have been at least 110,000 crammed in beneath the Twin Towers.”

Mr Beggs began to ask Mr Dalglish: “So you, an icon, I am going to suggest a very important role model to young men who support Liverpool, laugh at the fact that they break the law by going in without tickets...”

He was stopped by Mr Dalglish, who said: “No, I don’t think you’ve read that properly, sorry, if I can interrupt you.”

He added: “Well, I laughed at the official attendance being announced as 98,000. I didn’t laugh at people trying to get in for free.”

As Mr Beggs attempted to continue his questioning the former striker began to laugh.

He told the court: “I’m laughing because I don’t know - you’re the one that used the word ‘icon’, not me, and I’m only a guy, I’m only a normal human being that had a good job and, if other people think something of you, that’s up to them.

“I don’t think I’m actually judge and jury on how people should behave and shouldn’t behave, so I don’t see what right I would have to say in there that people were wrong.”

Mr Beggs went on to refer to a report about the 1989 FA Cup Final, between Liverpool and Everton, which formed part of the Taylor Inquiry.

He was stopped by coroner Sir John Goldring, who questioned how Mr Dalglish could give evidence relating to it, and then interrupted by families’ barrister Michael Mansfield, who raised a concern.

The coroner sent the jury and witness out of court for legal discussion to take place and when they returned, just over 10 minutes later, Mr Beggs continued his questioning.

Mr Dalglish said he had no evidence of fans “bunking in” to Wembley for the 1989 final but told the court: “I know that the clamber for tickets at Merseyside was overwhelming because of the occasion and because everyone in Merseyside, whether you were Red or Blue, wanted to show their unity and the support for families who had lost their loved ones at Hillsborough.”

Mr Beggs began asking questions about Mr Dalglish’s views on the fencing at Heysel, where 39 football fans died in a disaster in 1985.

As the questions continued, the coroner interrupted: “Where is this going, Mr Beggs?”

He asked how the jury’s knowledge was being expanded by the line of questioning.

Mr Beggs told the court: “It is because an icon in British football is making the very point that I have been making throughout these inquests, which is, unless you have robust fencing, you have the sort of disaster that unfolded at Heysel.”

But Mr Dalglish said: “Excuse me, I don’t think I’m endorsing what he’s saying.”

He added: “Well, if I am, I don’t wish to.”

Questioning the footballer about the day of the disaster, Mr Beggs asked if he would agree that if 2,000 to 3,000 fans had turned up late to the match they might have contributed to the disaster.

But the coroner stopped him from answering.

He told him: “He cannot answer that question, Mr Beggs, as you perfectly well know.”

As Mr Beggs continued to make his point, Sir John went on: “Mr Beggs, please don’t argue with me.”

The jury and Mr Dalglish were sent out a second time for legal discussions to continue.

Mrs Aspinall said: “I think Beggs had his own agenda but Kenny handled it brilliantly.

“Kenny’s always been there for the families and he didn’t in any way shape or form let us down.”

Mary Corrigan, mum of 17-year-old victim Keith McGrath, said: “It’s good to be able to laugh in court.

“Beggs must have been thinking ‘I’ve got this fella and I’m going to make him look as small as I can’.”

She added: “I was made up he put Beggs in his place.”

Barry Devonside, whose 18-year-old son Christopher died in the disaster, said: “When Kenny Dalglish came to give evidence the behaviour of John Beggs I thought was to embarrass Kenny, but he turned it on him.

“I thought Kenny conducted himself well.”

Once back in court, after some more questions about his autobiography, Mr Beggs finished his questioning and Rajiv Menon QC, on behalf of some of the families, asked Mr Dalglish to clarify some of the figures Mr Beggs had quoted from his book.

Answering him, Mr Dalglish said: “if you read the book I said - well, the ghost writer said...”

Sir John asked him: “You mean it wasn’t you, Mr Dalglish, who wrote it?”

He replied: “No, no. I’m not intelligent enough.”

I love this man.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #829 on: April 27, 2016, 09:28:28 am »
Well said Rhi.

Just been watching the BBC coverage this morning, very powerful interview with the daughter of Inger Shah on the Victoria Derbyshire show just now.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: April 27, 2016, 09:31:07 am »
This is Black Mountain in West Belfast. For a few years now, someone or a few people put political messages on this mountain. I remember one being up when Thatcher croaked. I've no idea who they are, or what their allegiance. The messages are viewable from most of Belfast. Yesterday, they put this one up. I can see this from my desk in work so every time I look out the window today, I'll be looking at this.

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #831 on: April 27, 2016, 09:32:56 am »
The morning after - I still feel numb to be honest. 

I have lived and breathed Hillsborough for so long, as have so many others.

That day changed mine and countless others lives.  On the 15th April 1989 I was woken up at 5 am.  It was a beautiful morning.  The man I kissed that morning came home nearly a week later a broken and changed man.  I lost him that day.  I am still heartbroken that I, and all those affected, have been put through so much pain and heartache for so long.

Mike had physical injuries - injuries that still cause him pain to this day but is the psychological damage that is so hard to bear.

I can't type any more

Justice for the 96 and Justice for all
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #832 on: April 27, 2016, 09:33:04 am »
This is Black Mountain in West Belfast. For a few years now, someone or a few people put political messages on this mountain. I remember one being up when Thatcher croaked. I've no idea who they are, or what their allegiance. The messages are viewable from most of Belfast. Yesterday, they put this one up. I can see this from my desk in work so every time I look out the window today, I'll be looking at this.

Class
:D

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #833 on: April 27, 2016, 09:36:52 am »
The Scum & Times neatly skewered by Football 365 today

http://www.football365.com/news/the-sun-and-the-times-fourteen-questions

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: April 27, 2016, 09:38:25 am »
Well, what is there to say that hasn't already been said here by folk far more eloquent than myself?  I can only add my voice to those echoing those sentiments.  I've found it an incredibly emotional day and have been reduced to tears on more than one occasion. 

I do not have the words to adequately express the level of respect and admiration that I have for those at the forefront of what has been a long, long fight down all of these years and I simply cannot conceive the strength of character and the level of courage that it must have taken the families of the victims to persevere throughout everything.  Each and every one is a hero in my eyes and a shining beacon of hope for anybody disenfranchised, cheated or robbed of justice by a system which is supposed to be there to protect against such things.  A message that it is not futile to fight such a system for what is right.

It is a tragedy and an outrage that it has taken so long for this day to come and that not everybody that should have been here to see it has been able to do so.  I only hope now that following the Jury's findings that those responsible for that day twenty-seven years ago are brought to account.

On a final note, it may be worth mentioning that I first heard about the Jury's verdict on local radio early this morning at work. This wouldn't be noteworthy if it were not for the fact that I have been living in Australia for some time.  This is a victory that has resonated with people the world over. Justice at last. YNWA.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:47:50 am by Darren G »

Offline HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: April 27, 2016, 09:42:25 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/day-hillsborough-match-commanders-barrister-11229733

I love this man.
Answering him, Mr Dalglish said: “if you read the book I said - well, the ghost writer said...”

Sir John asked him: “You mean it wasn’t you, Mr Dalglish, who wrote it?”

He replied: “No, no. I’m not intelligent enough.”

Fantastic wit and intelligence. Kenny you finally made me giggle this morning, after all the sadness. The story about Martin Kenneth Wild is heartbreaking.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: April 27, 2016, 09:42:30 am »
27 years to get here..... TWENTY SEVEN YEARS. All that time we knew who was to blame, the establishment knew who was to blame, the press knew who was to blame and the Police knew who was to blame

There are a lot of people out there who should be hanging their heads in shame. There are lots of people out there who should now, quite rightly, be really worried that the day of reckoning is about to come. There are lots of politicians who should also be taking a long hard look at themselves as they too have helped in this monumental cover up.

Finally the brave families have seen justice at last.

I hope those who are to blame and those who covered up have to account for their criminal actions soon.  VERY SOON

YNWA
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: April 27, 2016, 09:47:05 am »

Don't buy any of his filth including SKY, watch on streams or get KODI etc - there are many ways of watching the game without further supporting pure evil for fuck sake, do a bit of research

I got a dodgy Sky box. Fuck you Murdoch

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #838 on: April 27, 2016, 09:50:50 am »
Interview with the King :

Following the return of the jury's determinations at the Hillsborough inquests today, Kenny Dalglish offered his reaction in an interview with Liverpoolfc.com.

Kenny, firstly, what are your thoughts on the unlawful killing verdict?

Well it can only be a pleasure for the families who have endured 27 years trying to get to the point that they knew should have been there 27 years ago. The way they have gone about getting to this point has been unbelievable - their humility, the way they've conducted themselves, their dignity and the determination to get what they thought was justice and the belief from them that the supporters were in no way, shape or form, to blame. You're pleased that they've won this but on the other hand it's taken 27 years out of their life, what they gave for their life and their families' life. It's fantastic news for them and it's news that they thoroughly deserve. I don't know which words you would use to describe your feelings - certainly 'celebration' is not the right word. Completely and utterly correct, the supporters of Liverpool Football Club have been totally vindicated and there'll be a lot of people there who have heard the verdict and they might be shaking in their boots a little bit because, obviously, you would expect there to be some recompense to anybody who's tried to alter or affect the truth coming through here and also in affecting the outcome. If that is the case, then surely if there is anyone like that then they're the ones that are going to be called to task.

As someone who knows them well, what do you think has kept the families going all this time?

The belief that they were telling the truth all this time. And the belief that the people that were close to it at Liverpool Football Club and the people who supported the club that were there on that day, [that] they knew the truth. They knew that it wasn't their fault. They knew that they were innocent and it's absolutely fantastic that they have done it to get the verdict unlawful killing, which is what they were wanting. They couldn't have asked for any more. When Andy Burnham came and said he would get the papers released at an earlier date than the 30 years that was government stipulation, he's done a fantastic job getting that. It's easy for us to talk about it and if you think very deeply for the families and what they've been through that there's been a lot of people who have walked alongside them who don't get the credit they deserve. There has been fantastic people there like Phil Scraton who have been unbelievable in the support for the families. All Marina did, and myself, at the beginning is do for the families what they done for us and that was giving our support, we have, week in, week out, their support.

Tomorrow there's a civic event on the steps of St George's Hall - how pleasing is it that the people of Liverpool will have the opportunity to show their appreciation for the families?

I think everybody knows they show appreciation. I think that's been one of the most important reasons that they've been able to continue for 27 years, the support that they've had from the people of Liverpool and elsewhere. Without that support, and there have been tough years - it's easy when you go back over and say '27 years' but they actually go through 27 years of your life fighting this and there were really, really tough days. It's been fantastic that they've been there and it's fantastic that they've come out the other the end with every judgement in their favour.

The jury totally exonerated the supporters of responsibility - what's your message for the survivors on a day they've waited a very long time for?

[For] many people who survived, it was traumatic for them as well. They lived through it, they did everything they possibly could to help people who, at the day, were struggling. If the supporters maybe got a little bit more help from the people who were supposed to be there to help then maybe there wouldn't have been as many fatalities as there were. The people that were there will feel their pleasure that the families have been given a day with the judgement that was passed, but there's no-one who can put themselves in a position that the families are in, reflect and quote accurately what they have been through - we don't know, we've not got a clue really what they've been through. But what they have been, they've been magnificent in what they set out to achieve and it's congratulations to each and every single one of them, if that's the right word, for getting this victory in getting justice for themselves that they fought so hard to get. The verdict of unlawful killing, the vindication of every supporter that was there, it gives them a clean bill of health. And now I'm sure they'll sit back and reflect and read through the coroner's rulings and see if there are other steps that maybe they want to take or they can take or other avenues where people who maybe were involved in it and trying to cover things up are going to be brought to task. But for them, that's heroic what they've done. 27 years of their lives for their loved ones and they get that back. You hold your hat off to them because it would have been much easier for them to have thrown the towel in. But as Bill Kenwright said at one of the services, you don't take on Scouse mothers, you don't take on the Scouse women - they're much more determined than anybody, so congratulations to the Scouse women and men. Congratulations to everybody of the Hillsborough families and the people who helped them get the verdict that they've got. There are not enough plaudits and I'm not intelligent enough to get enough words out to describe how heroic they have been.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #839 on: April 27, 2016, 09:53:11 am »
Metaphorically wrote and tore up many first drafts yesterday in this thread.  The words just never came out properly.

I was 20 years old when the Hillsborough tragedy happened, a young man studying at the University of Cape Town, a Liverpool supporter since the age 11 (the earliest I can remember back to) - my dad, who'd passed on due to illness at around that time, had introduced me to this amazing team, and, in those Internetless days, we followed everything via the print media. As a young man growing up on the wrong side of Apartheid South Africa, I identified with Liverpools anti- Thatcher stance (she was no friend of the anti-apartheid movement and we despised her on the left here in SA) - so both the team and the city it came from resonated.

Then came Hillsborough - the narratives were horrific (I won't repeat them, we all know what they had to say about us back then outside of Liverpool itself) and it was hard - torn by feelings of loyalty and shame, internal dissonance between what I knew (which was little to be honest) of the ordinary people and spirit of Liverpool and what the media portrayed. We were starting to emerge into a post-Apartheid South Africa, I was starting to become an adult and starting to build a life, a 'career', a family, Hillsborough was a tragedy but it also happened at an inflection point in my life and, in reality, I only realise now how it affected me - I drifted from football, slowly and gradually until I didn't follow anything football related again for nigh on 20 years, and then, a slight spark was reignited when the World Cup was hosted here in South Africa.

I watched a few games and attended the England game hosted in Cape Town via the free access Fan Park - I noted a couple of Liverpool players in the team but I was still far away from my childhood club.

Oddly, it was Luis who brought me back - he committed an intentional handball on the line against Ghana, oh the outrage - we South Africans, knocked out, felt sympathetic outrage at a fellow African team being knocked out in this manner - Luis was a villain!

He joined Liverpool shortly after, and, spurred and intrigued by this mercurial talent, I started following football again.

I rediscovered the feelings, long buried, that I had had for my childhood and young adult football team, and, of course, the age of the Internet had arrived - I discovered RAWK, I started reading again, and I discovered the real truth behind Hillsborough. I hadn't realised over the intervening years what that initial narrative had done to me.

I loved coming back to Liverpool, I absolutely loved it - my wife, who had met me in my 'dark' years (dark in the sense of a room, closed, forgotten and hidden from view) was dumbfounded by my 'sudden' interest in LFC - she hadn't known I was a fan.

I missed most of the dark Liverpool years at a conscious level, I missed the good (2005, Rafa, Steven Gerrards best years, Torres, the list goes on) and the bad (no League Titles) so I have bifurcated view which is quite odd in many ways.

I salute the families of 96, our fans, our club, the city. 27 years is a long time, but the truth has finally assumed its rightful place.

Never Walk Alone, ever.

Rest in Peace, gone but never forgotten.