Author Topic: Some quality/important posts you may have missed  (Read 767975 times)

royhendo

Re: Some quality posts you may have missed
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2009, 04:21:30 pm »
Cheers again for those JP! I think it only backs up the point Degs makes, and the point Yorkykopite always makes about the need for players whose control and use of the ball makes us play quick football (Agger and Alonso being the prime examples).

The converse of that is that certain players who won't remain nameless stultify our play. If the idea is to contain an opposing side and retain possession, we need to replace those cogs with the fluid ones... but that often comes at a loss in terms of workrate (which needn't necessarily be rigid given the right level of tactical awareness)... unless you really pay top dollar for the players - or you give it time to develop them in-house.

BazC, Hank Scorpio, Juan Loco, Yorky... so many times they and others have talked about why this is happening, and what the solutions are, and the consensus is a mixture of the fact we don't have the right players in certain areas, and we don't have enough commitment and trust to play the game with men beyond the ball - the 'redundant Mascherano' situation that Degs is talking about.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:23:01 pm by royhendo »

Offline rafa is the bosphorus

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2009, 05:02:35 pm »
There's no end of intelligent stuff on this board. It's the cost of filtering out the kneejerks that's so high...

Top post again 'Roy' - thanks

Offline *

• Friend of Obelisk.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2009, 10:14:46 pm »
There's no end of intelligent stuff on this board. It's the cost of filtering out the kneejerks that's so high...

Top post again 'Roy' - thanks

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2009, 10:38:33 pm »
The majority of the posters stay beautifully calm when reading the facts shanklyboy has stated.

The fact that it's because of Parry that there's not enough quality in the squad is breath taking. Imagine where we could have been right now.

How somebody could bash Rafa and being aware of these facts at the same time is beyond my imagination. I think Rafa did and outstanding job considering this circumstances.

There has to be something done and I really hope the board will do the right thing. it's really about fucking time.

Oh boy, imagine how things could have turned out if Rafa has been allowed to sign the quality players shanklyboy is talking about. Who were they? But wait, I don't wanna know.. It would be too much of a terrible disappointment...
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline SallyCinnamon

• Dr. Greenthumb
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2009, 11:27:14 pm »
Tagging this....
Journalist: Without giving any secrets away, how do you practice when you haven't got a six foot seven player in the squad? How on earth can you prepare?

It's about beating him in the air, so we will use Mascherano against him!

NinjaVideo

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2009, 11:36:23 pm »
Cheers again for those JP! I think it only backs up the point Degs makes, and the point Yorkykopite always makes about the need for players whose control and use of the ball makes us play quick football (Agger and Alonso being the prime examples).

The converse of that is that certain players who won't remain nameless stultify our play. If the idea is to contain an opposing side and retain possession, we need to replace those cogs with the fluid ones... but that often comes at a loss in terms of workrate (which needn't necessarily be rigid given the right level of tactical awareness)... unless you really pay top dollar for the players - or you give it time to develop them in-house.

BazC, Hank Scorpio, Juan Loco, Yorky... so many times they and others have talked about why this is happening, and what the solutions are, and the consensus is a mixture of the fact we don't have the right players in certain areas, and we don't have enough commitment and trust to play the game with men beyond the ball - the 'redundant Mascherano' situation that Degs is talking about.

Funny thing is roy- I always thought that having a player like Masch would just be terrific for our attacking football in that it would allow us to commit more players without having to worry about getting caught on the break- Masch's just top class at sweeping up in front of the defence. With Xabi pushing further forward in support of Gerrard who'll find himself out wide, marauding fullbacks creating the width with wide midfielders and strikers darting in and working the channels with complete freedom... but it'd be fine because we'd have Masch, Agger (and now Skrtel) and Reina to sort it out if worse comes to worse.

Degs posted the highlights of the Barca-Depor game... but the one thing I loved from that game that those highlights didn't show much was when Barca would get caught having committed 6 players forward (the attackers and fullbacks) leaving a central block of holding midfielders and CBs. We have Masch who's great at homing in on a player (I can still picture that amazing tackle on Kaka when he was at full speed... one of the very top players in the world at the time... when we played Milan in Athens), and Alonso who isn't, but can still make an amazing tackle (anyone remember the tackle on Yakubu he made in last season's derby on the edge of the box- we looked like we were about to get caught on the counter- 5 seconds later, Torres is turning to the Main Stand in celebration...)

We've got some real quality now to allow us to play attacking football. The defenders are solid, the holding midfielders are world class at what they do, and our keeper mops up anything in his path as well. I truly believe that our attackers (apart from Torres and Gerrard); Riera, Babel, Keane, Yossi and even Kuyt, would be more than capable of delivering pass and move. We perhaps would need time to ingrain it into the squad, but in terms of talent- it's there. Especially in Yossi I feel. I really do like Yossi and it's because I think he'd be top class in a passing team- one which allowed him freedom and presented him with a free movement- either as options to pass to or distractions to allow him to go on those amazing dribbles he can go on. Keane as well- present him with the requirement to play one/two touch football, and he thinks less and plays on instinct. As I've said before; attacking players playing on instinct is completely different to when they have even 2-3s to think about things. I think Keane would fit right in in such a system.

Saying all that... it's absolutely frustrating every second of every game we look so inept at pass and move- because in my opinion, we have the squad to do it.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2009, 02:49:49 am »
From 2006
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=141800.0

At an old temple in the depths of Takano,
In the province of Ki,
I spend the night listening
To raindrops through the cedars

[by "ryokan"]

now I know what you're thinking, what the blue blazes has this got to do with LFC, it's Friday night, Partridge has been on the pop again...well I haven't, at least not since lunchtime...I am merely sitting here with a cup of tea, and enjoying it, in the same way as our friend the monk was enjoying listening to the raindrops through the cedars...yes, this post is about enjoying the present...

over the last few days I've seen various threads and posts questioning the state of the squad, winkling out the scapegoats for the next few months, picking apart the games of great players suffice to make them sound like problems to be solved, questioning the decisions of a manager who is clearly one of the very best in the global game, looking forward not to the Derby but beyond to Chelsea and beyond that to the next transfer window where all the usual hopes will be raised and satiated and dashed all over again...

were these posters to spend the night in the old temple in the depths of Takano I suspect they would not be listening to the raindrops through the cedars...they would be horrified at the state of the temple, and would be demanding that the Temple Board do something about it...the neighbouring province have a spanking new temple and so should the good people of Ki...and if the Temple Board weren't going to do something about it then they should look to outside investment...

templeorarily relaxed at the thought of the prospect, they may be able to hear the rain through the cedars...well that's not on is it...cedars are all well and good but other provinces have got better arboles, and if we want to progress then we should really be looking to bring in some of those fancy cherry trees with all that pretty blossom in the spring...

well never mind all that now...lets try to appreciate the sound of the raindrops through the cedars eh ?

as I wrote elsewhere and I reckon its worth repeating, we have the strongest, most well-balanced squad I can ever remember at the club, at least as strong and well-balanced as our major rivals if not more so...yes we may have had stronger first elevens, but never this strength in depth...our oft-criticised Board have provided the funds for this squad of players, I suspect breaking their budget for Kuyt judging by Rafa's public gratitude for their backing...barring a catastrophic injury crisis, we have good enough players in terms of their footballing abilities AND we have enough of them...

good enough for what ? you know what...we're all thinking about it aren't we...

there are imponderables of course...many of these players have proven they can do it on the biggest stage in a one-off game...but can they do it over the course of a season ?

have they got the team spirit and mental toughness over 9 long months of football ? do they BELIEVE they can win it ? will they turn this belief into results ? have they got the collective nerve to either lead from the front and hold it or come from behind to snatch it in May ?

it's not about whether our so-and-so got 76% for  passing last season but someone else's so-and-so got 81% so we should get him...it's about pressure now...doing it game-in game-out...taking each game as it comes...

and so it is for the fans...this could be a huge season to be a Liverpool fan...to go to the game every week, home and away, or just home, or just at home watching on telly...can YOU handle it ?

our club possesses some of the finest players in World football never mind English football...are YOU capable of enjoying watching them play for us week-in week-out, showing us all their impressive array of destructive and creative talents, without worrying about the Chelsea game 3 months away, or if so-and-so was out of position for 3 milliseconds, or why those proverbial blue blazes again the manager has played HIM of all people ?

are YOU capable of enjoying all this talent, watching some of the quality football being served up for you, while at the same time knowing that every dropped point could be crucial later on, knowing that the assertion that every game is a must win game is to all 'in tents and porpoises' true ?

are YOU capable of enjoying the ride, even the bits that require a mental note to buy some fresh underwear when West Ham take the lead at Anfield with an intentional rocket shot from Bobby thinks we're all daft Zamora, before we storm back to score 2 before surviving a tricky moment or two ?

1990 seems a long time ago now because it is...thinking it unlikely that whoever it was would win 626-0 at Anfield in the last game of the season, I, like everyone around me, celebrated that title at Highbury in a midweek draw against the thus dethroned Champions...it was extra special 12 months on from the Michael Thomas Disaster...Alan Bleasdale (well-known Liverpool playwright and Red) was up on some balcony sticking out of an executive box high above the Reds in the Clock End...we made clenched fist gestures to each other, or I like to think so...it capped a decade of regular matchgoing for me during which I expected to win the league every season, and on reflection I almost certainly didn't fully appreciate the magnificence of what I was watching year-in year-out...how could I ? it was virtually all I had ever known...I thought it was the rules...how could I know that after 1990 it was all about to stop ?

now we're back in the old temple in the depths of Takano, in the province of Ki, it's night and the raindrops are falling through the cedars...it will be a long night, and it may or may not bring sunshine in the morning, but this time I'll try to enjoy listening anyway...I hope you will join me...

© a partridge in seat_5c 2006
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline opsteo

• Kopite
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2009, 03:03:25 am »
Roy, great idea for a thread :)

I normally don't "multiple post" stuff, but I thought it appropriate to some of the discussion above re: Agger.

It's from Roy's Level 3 thread, and with some prompting from VDM, here's some "data" for this discussion.

A)
'I did some stats in a thread that died a natural death, on who was important in our defense.  I thought the stuff was interesting, so I've kept it up.

So far this season, in PL play, we've gained 2.22 points per match when Agger has played, 2.2 ppm with Hyppia, 2.0 with Skrtel.  Now .2 ppm doesn't sound like much, but over 38 matches it equates to 7.6 points, which is huge.

Carra is at 2.17 points as a centre back.

So surprisingly, Skrtel is the weaker link in the centre backs.  This also shows up in the analysis of who is playing when we get shut out.  Skrtel has started in 8 matches, we've been shut out 3 times while he's been playing (of 5 times we've been shut out), which is the highest ratio of all the CB's.

To be fair to Skrtel's record, he was inducted into Liverpool's team half-way into last season when we are playing a make-shift defence due to Agger's long term injury and he had to be grafted into an established team whereby he did not know his team mates well.  Furthermpore, after his latest injury, he is not yet fully fit and integrated with the team.  Just as Torres needs to find his scoring touch, Skrtel needs games to build up his fitness and understanding with the rest of the defenders.   
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 03:10:29 am by opsteo »

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2009, 08:14:58 am »
To be fair to Skrtel's record, he was inducted into Liverpool's team half-way into last season when we are playing a make-shift defence due to Agger's long term injury and he had to be grafted into an established team whereby he did not know his team mates well.  Furthermpore, after his latest injury, he is not yet fully fit and integrated with the team.  Just as Torres needs to find his scoring touch, Skrtel needs games to build up his fitness and understanding with the rest of the defenders.  

Opsteo
The data is for this season only, and Agger had to come back from an injury as well, as will Arbie.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2009, 08:46:54 am »
As others have said- during these few days of unrestrained emotion(the floodgates are about to be opened), creativity has been in abundance. Creativity is truly borne out of chaos.

Thanks to all these posters- YoungandIgnorant, JP, the Fat Auld Arse ;) , Shanklyboy, royhendo and the list goes on.
Right now, RAWK is very surreal and I enjoy it ;)

Whatever happens this season, I will remember this week. It's the memories with the strongest emotions that endure and this week has turned out to be a rollercoaster.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:58:42 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 09:16:54 am »
Haven't seen this posted in here... :D

my scouse the controversial Manning Black, this ref "Mr" Might Rile-Me stucking my crow and don't make a mistake missus WRITE SABU PUNDIT.

NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

LABIA

Indeed, Duck Kite,  the Dutchy grate grafting working man Neo-Stakhanov, he Carrie the bag cement and bucket water and sand on the broad breaking back in prepare the ground work. He is Mr Raffle Bennett's unskilled but conciergecious labia. He a Jackal traits and master of nunchucks. He selflessnessed. He applicationed himself in order give Nee-Naw delicate craftsman finnish opportunistic, yes,  with a brush foot in MichaelAngelo-Christy Brown combo-stylistic. But Rile-Me destroy the glorious beauteous burnish moment of our times that the scouse and the history was awaited with masterbated breathe. Thief Rile-Me! Thief! You is tea leaf PG Tips chimp b@stard artless dodger son of a Fagin. 

GOT HIS KNOCKERS

Why Rile-Me so objectioned the honest toils and integrity-sweating on the Duck Kite diaphonous brows. MAYBE Duck is like Mirror holded up to Rile-Me faece, what force it reflect on own contrasted, corrupt, loafery mockery effete namby pamby knock kneed ridicule runt litter status. Yes, Pundit is nailing the sh1t on the head. Jealousy! It capable corrode a Corrado G60. Rile-Me caught disaster by fail recognising awful fault inherent inside like a bodge INTEL. He rejectioned the Bart, Wilhelm ShagSpiro in estimatable Magner's Opus "Oh! Theo!" who wroted in his Iago: "Beware Jealousy my Lawd it do Mock the Meat if feeds on". And now the true is Bourne out as Pundit do Mock  the paltry putrid meat of thread bare frame Rile-Me. Selah Vie QED.

MEMORABLE HEAD

Rile-Me got habit infuriate that involve nod the supersize noggin-head in manner sagaciousness like a Jesus myrhh bringer with each clownery "decision". He close the mince eyes "pies" like gotten a enlightenment just recent and then it begin a nodding dog parcel shelf what is saying "Oh yes, I am certainty, OM OM (not Olympic Marseille)".

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD

On weekend when Butch Newman got the Cold Hand Look and snuffed off this mortar coil, Sabu detect the cruel humours off De Lawd Guru God. Oh GG, and I can call You this due our Long associate, how cum you take Butch but Rile-Me is preserve like a beast on Noah's in the days of Yours that get written in the Auld Grey Whistle Testament? What happening GG? Where the power to smote and smack you used to wield it like a god'un? What go on? Ancient of days, you movement more so than McVitie the Mysterious Cat and Kray Victim.   

Thank you very much.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2009, 09:44:26 am »
Degs post was absolutely briliant
I watched Barca alot, its like my adopted team, and this season, they are truly truly scary.

I watched them destroy team after team, but if anyone had watched the 5-0 victory against Deportivo, you would be left in awe, never mind Guardiola saying after , that they can do even better.
There was a point which i saw 6 Barca players camped into Depor's penalty box, pressing and pressing...attacking with verve, guile and poise once they get the ball.

They are a joy to watch, YET they possess the work ethic required to do what they do.
Its proof that you can actually work hard and still be totally brilliant with the ball (Not starting on Dirk Kuyt again, i will leave that to Rossi and Pete).

Where is Rafa exactly taking us i do not know. He's done a very good job.
I believe we lack the players needed to take the title.... but whatever he has done this season has earned him at least another season.

royhendo

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 11:18:36 am »
Barca's level just now shows you what happens when you get a squad choc full of players who are: 1. technically flawless or not far off it  2. are happy to make choices that benefit their team as much as themselves  3. are prepared to work their rear ends off even if it means pressing teams on the edge of their own box  4. trust each other and are trusted by their manager within a strict tactical framework

I reckon the end game for Rafa is a more 'controlling' version of that framework... that is, we'll rarely see that kind of trust unless he changes his fundamental views somehow - that lesson might come though. We may see it when he feels it's on, but it won't be our weekly fayre.

Given the covering quintet BazC talks about above (Valdes, Puyol, Piquet, Keita and Toure) would Rafa be consistently happy to rely on them alone?

Saying that, it's easy to over generalise Barca's approach based on a home game against an awestruck Deportivo. The Real Madrid game is the closest we've seen so far to a real test for them in recent weeks, and they were far less risky in their approach. Guardiola is cut from much the same cloth as Rafa - the two key differences are that he has arguably the best and most balanced squad in world football, and he has the undiluted backing of every key stakeholder at the club. In fact, it goes further than that. He's a product of a lineage. Barca has an identity and club culture that everyone can identify with - when the football departs from those expectations, people start wondering why (much like still happens here despite the fact we've gone so long without seeing that kind of dominant football). So that's a powerful force for him. He came in and said to Laporta - OK I want rid of Ronaldinho, Deco, Edmilson, and the little Brazilian party mafia we have going on here. I want players like Keita and Hleb and Alves - all of them expensive purchases. I want assurances from players like Henry and Eto'o that they'll play my way, or they can get lost aswell. There will be fines of x,000 euros for every minute a player is late to training. There will be fines if you don't have breakfast with your team mates. The music on the team bus won't be open to your choice any more - it's Coldplay every week. Obsess, obsess, obsess. The training intensity will ramp up several notches and if you can't cut it you'll suffer.

... and so it goes on. Sound like the demands of any other Spanish manager?

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2009, 12:15:49 pm »
Not necessarily posts that where missed and a completely different topic alltogether from what has been discussed so far but a topic that I'm intersted in non the less, and hasn't been picked up on in a while.  They where posts/topics by BHB on safe standing at grounds.  Would be glad to know if anything more has come of it as i havent seen anything posted in a while (by BHB or anyone else) if anyone has any clues, or anyones views as well? 2 separate topics on the same subject.  Quality initial posts.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=215352.0
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=226435.0
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:17:26 pm by macca007 »

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 01:15:54 pm »
Barca's level just now shows you what happens when you get a squad choc full of players who are: 1. technically flawless or not far off it  2. are happy to make choices that benefit their team as much as themselves  3. are prepared to work their rear ends off even if it means pressing teams on the edge of their own box  4. trust each other and are trusted by their manager within a strict tactical framework

I reckon the end game for Rafa is a more 'controlling' version of that framework... that is, we'll rarely see that kind of trust unless he changes his fundamental views somehow - that lesson might come though. We may see it when he feels it's on, but it won't be our weekly fayre.

Given the covering quintet BazC talks about above (Valdes, Puyol, Piquet, Keita and Toure) would Rafa be consistently happy to rely on them alone?

Saying that, it's easy to over generalise Barca's approach based on a home game against an awestruck Deportivo. The Real Madrid game is the closest we've seen so far to a real test for them in recent weeks, and they were far less risky in their approach. Guardiola is cut from much the same cloth as Rafa - the two key differences are that he has arguably the best and most balanced squad in world football, and he has the undiluted backing of every key stakeholder at the club. In fact, it goes further than that. He's a product of a lineage. Barca has an identity and club culture that everyone can identify with - when the football departs from those expectations, people start wondering why (much like still happens here despite the fact we've gone so long without seeing that kind of dominant football). So that's a powerful force for him. He came in and said to Laporta - OK I want rid of Ronaldinho, Deco, Edmilson, and the little Brazilian party mafia we have going on here. I want players like Keita and Hleb and Alves - all of them expensive purchases. I want assurances from players like Henry and Eto'o that they'll play my way, or they can get lost aswell. There will be fines of x,000 euros for every minute a player is late to training. There will be fines if you don't have breakfast with your team mates. The music on the team bus won't be open to your choice any more - it's Coldplay every week. Obsess, obsess, obsess. The training intensity will ramp up several notches and if you can't cut it you'll suffer.

... and so it goes on. Sound like the demands of any other Spanish manager?

Some great points on Barca there roy. I guess it does all make a big difference- Guardiola being from the same lineage as you put it.

The more I hear of him- didn't know of his Rafa-esque demands and intolerability from players regarding training etc- the more I'm interested about him and his plan for Barca. I don't know why, but I always thought he'd be another Rikjaard- a past great just having his team play football, perhaps winning a few things before falling away. Didn't expect him to have the same approach to the game as thorough-bred managers (who didn't do much by way of the playing side of the game relatively speaking) like Rafa, and I suppose Mourinho to name another manager with such an approach.

I don't think Rafa would trust Barca's quintet by the way. I think they're worse than our quintet of Alonso, Masch, Reina and two of Hyypia/Carra/Skrtel/Agger. I suppose it's as much about the trust in the players ahead of the ball though. Perhaps Rafa just doesn't think they can keep the ball well enough- so we'd be easily countered. In fact, I wrote a post about that very thing- Rafa trying to change the dynamic of our game from defence (and counter attack) to attack after his first season- as he said himself he expected to concede more goals as the attackers would be given more freedom and we'd be caught out. As it happened, we were caught out, but the players in attack weren't good enough to carry out the possession football. He reverted back to counter attacking and rightly so. Fast forward 2 seasons though and we're packed with quality and potential all over the pitch. I think it's time for Rafa to give that freedom thing more of a go. We have better players in attack now (although Kuyt's still here but on the right- he does a better job there than in the centre where he used to be very poor)- Torres, Riera, Babel and Yossi along with a more mature Gerrard. Plus, we now have a more complete Alonso, Mascherano (instead of Sissoko) and Agger's fully integrated into the side as is Arbeloa (who is better than Finnan who used to be there), and Insua/Aurelio who play more of a part now instead of Riise.

We've upgraded the squad massively in the last 2 seasons, yet I haven't seen Rafa talk about the attack being more open again- despite having so many better players to allow us to play that way all across the park. I hope he's not averse to it now.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

royhendo

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 04:18:15 pm »
This from the youth/reserves thread. A very important one for people to read.

My son is at the academy so I see the politics and goings on at very close quarters on an almost daily basis. My take on the situation is that there are far to many people who think they are important and yet do not seem to be acountable to anyone based on results achieved, either scores or player development.

Hamberg talks a good fight yet is hardly ever seen at night, when the non scholars train and has only watched matches maybe 4 or 5 times in 18 months. Heighway while no longer involved still turns up on the occasional evening and quite regularly on Sundays.

The recruitment/scouting in the 9-14 age groups seems to be poor to say the least with the development squad of non signed players in my sons age group being so far behind the signed team as to be embarrassing, as evidenced by a recent game between the teams.

Most parents I speak to would seriously consider a move to the likes of Everton, Bolton, City if the chance came about purely because they know that the situation at the academy is so unstable and the policy is to just bring in foreign kids whether good enough or not.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 04:32:25 pm »
This from the youth/reserves thread. A very important one for people to read.

Worrying indeed . If only we could have Heighway back
Degs post was absolutely briliant
I watched Barca alot, its like my adopted team, and this season, they are truly truly scary.

I watched them destroy team after team, but if anyone had watched the 5-0 victory against Deportivo, you would be left in awe, never mind Guardiola saying after , that they can do even better.
There was a point which i saw 6 Barca players camped into Depor's penalty box, pressing and pressing...attacking with verve, guile and poise once they get the ball.

They are a joy to watch, YET they possess the work ethic required to do what they do.
Its proof that you can actually work hard and still be totally brilliant with the ball (Not starting on Dirk Kuyt again, i will leave that to Rossi and Pete).

Where is Rafa exactly taking us i do not know. He's done a very good job.
I believe we lack the players needed to take the title.... but whatever he has done this season has earned him at least another season.
[/quote)

I agree mate - You can play Barca if you have the talent to do so - skill , relentlessness , guile and work ethic to boot . I  think the manager sees some of his own purchases as limited and can only perform one function .Sometimes watching trying to break down teams can be so frustrating
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2009, 09:35:21 pm »
The topic

Premier League goes to war on internet pirates
Owen Gibson
guardian.co.uk, Thursday 22 January 2009 00.32 GMT

The Premier League is planning an aggressive campaign to protect its intellectual property rights in an attempt to clamp down on rogue websites that show football matches for nothing and pub landlords who broadcast foreign feeds, amid fears that they could damage its income from broadcasting rights.

Having recently recorded a surge in the number of people watching via websites that transmit live pictures from overseas broadcasters or allow users to share vision using "peer-to-peer" video sites, the league is determined to push the issue up the political agenda.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jan/21/premier-league-cracks-down-on-illegal-broadcasts

Then this

The lads who stream games are true modern day Robin Hoods, nicking from the rich to give to the poor.

Scudamore can fuck himself, the greedy, horrible, fat-cat, soul-less, bloodsucking vampire. Him of the 39th game, the witless decadent, greedy bastard plot to wreck English football.

Say hello to technology gentlemen, you can no more hold it back than you can stop the tides of the ocean, now the technology is loose, you will never be able to stop it anymore than the music industry could stop downloads, there will always be someone somewhere doing the games, you can't get to every kid in China who wants to do it, you can't stop every lad in Vietnam who wants to do it, sitting in their provincial bedrooms in their small towns you haven't even heard of.

This is the wonderful side of globalisation, technology and you can no more stop it than you can stop the human spirit, you know the human spirit is ingenious and you have more chance of stopping rain than of stopping this, because Robin Hoods always want to poke greedy gluttons like you in the eye, and the people want to watch their football, which belongs to them in spirit and soul, and has done for over a hundred years, more than it belongs to you, you horrible filthy greedy monsters.

Brilliant
JFT97

Offline harvey-tuttle

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • "It's not where you're from, it's where you're at"
    • ELSON
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2009, 10:25:48 pm »
thanks for the thread , although much of y-our quality in this "fast-food" world of ours the attention-span of the most is limited either by work , pressure or sheer lack of patience , the art of management itself is under-rated perhaps because technology has replaced the ability to make decisions from ones own ability..oh f*ck it..... I had better stop now before i prove my own point & get into a rant against the knee-jerk short term idiots , my dear old ma, would say "dont argue with those , no one will notice the difference between U & them"/// ;)

p.s. just add a quicks "ta" to shanklyboy & fat scouser... YNWA/J4t96
Freelance Subversive..
may the RED force be with you...
YNWA-J4t96

Offline watyeonaboot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2009, 05:04:51 pm »
Here's an absolute beauty from daws, thoroughly entertaining:

June the 1st, at 9.00am, a press conference is indeed called.

The conference room is alight with smiles. Rafael Benitez sits down, a calm manner about him, and a nervous Rick Parry takes his seat next to Rafa. Benitez knows he can’t smile, but he can barely contain his excitement. Rick Parry begins the press conference.

“I have called this press conference myself, not Mr Benitez, because, despite the events of the 24th of May, I have decided to hand in my resignation. I believe this is the best move for me, and more importantly for the club”.

All lies, of course. Parry has begrudgingly been forced out of the Club by Rafa and the owners. To keep his dignity (HA), he has been given the right to call a press conference and confirm his resignation. Everyone in the rooms knows that’s not the case, but let us be polite about it.

Rafa thanks Rick for his many years of wonderful service to the club, a glint in his eye, and wishes him and his family the very best of luck for the future. Thank you Rick, thank you very much indeed.

The 24th of May are what of course, allowed this situation to arise.

Liverpool are at home against Spurs, who are already down. “Too good to go down” the pundits said, how wrong they were, West Ham fans will remind you all of that. However, Liverpool football club is in a very different situation; 1 point behind Manchester United, with a goal difference of -5. Not for the first time this season, Liverpool are dependant on other forces. In this case it’s Hull City. After a wonderful start to the season, the last 7 months of it has been abysmal for them. They are a single point away from safety, their destiny in their own hands. However, they are entertaining a Manchester United side who need win to assure their retention of the Premier League title.

Back to Anfield, and tensions are on tender hooks. Liverpool fans are in a world of their own. The atmosphere is subdued inside the ground, and you can see it in the players as they walk out of the tunnel. It’s the same story as it has been all season at Anfield, where form has been poor, only it’s a hundred times worse now. United can’t equal our tally, and there’s fuck all we can do about it. You can see fans praying, atheists putting all their faith in God and their players. Children are being snapped at by their parents every time they mention “but what if we don’t win?” before the adults look nervously at the pitch as that thought echoes through their mind constantly.

And the whistle blows.

Spurs take an early lead, Aaron Lennon tears down the right hand side, whips the ball in, and under pressure from Jermain Defoe, Jamie Carragher heads into his own net - crumbling to his knees, head in hands. This can’t be fucking happening, the parents think, before their child looks up at them with a saddened, “I told you so” look about them.

Anfield has been rocked, and the only sound you can hear is that of Rafael Benitez screaming orders to his side, and players communicating. Just before the half time mark, Gerrard unleashes the fury. Only, its fury aimed at Albert Riera for misplacing a simple pass.

The ground is so tense you don’t even want to be there. This filters into the Liverpool players and plays into the hands of a Spurs side that are happy to sit with 10 men behind the ball and trying to hit us on the break. This is fucking Anfield 2008/2009.

The fans know they should be singing You’ll Never Walk Alone to inspire the players. Istanbul needs to happen again, but after a few attempts to get it going, the minority of fans trying soon realise people are too busy on their phones to sing, checking the United score of course. Indecently, it’s still 0-0, which fuels nobody with confidence.

As the second half begins, minutes in, Robbie Keane has an open goal infront of him after Gomes drops a simple Kuyt effort. Keane, who has been in fine form since February, seems a dead cert to score, before he scuffs his shot towards goal, and gives the giant Brazilian a chance to pounce on the feeble effort before it crosses the line. Oh Robbie, what have you done?

Liverpool probe on. Xabi Alonso is completely controlling the game, but that final ball looks impossible. Gerrard hasn’t turned up, and if things couldn’t get any worse, Torres limps off; infuriated, frustrated, and clearly in a lot of pain. Being replaced by Yossi Benayoun. A strange one Rafa.

A huge groan circles Anfield. Phones beep and ring, hands run through hair or cup faces. John O’fucking Shea, you must be kidding me!?

It’s bleak, at best. Steven Gerrard whips in a corner, which fails to beat the first man, but falls back to him. He takes his second chance and finds the head of Daniel Agger, who heads goalwards.  A superb save from Gomes keeps the ball out, but it falls to the knees of Jamie Carragher. The crowd rise, desperate for the net to ripple, and it does. Jamie storms off towards the Kop faithful who greet him with open arms and open mouths. One last punch of the first to the crowd before he goes back to his defensive duties. A hero again, with minutes left.

Anfield comes alive. Now there’s hope. There’s something to scream for. Praying won’t make a blind bit of difference my fellow reds, and so Anfield roars. Not a single person in the ground is quiet. Everybody fucking screaming at their team to push them on. So much so, Rafa can’t get his message across because he simply can’t be heard by his players.

A few minute from time, a loose clearance from Woodgate lands to Steven Gerrard, 30 yards out. The Kop rises, willing that ball to come off of his right foot as sweetly as it can. He takes a look up, and pulls the trigger - and how he fucking pulls that trigger. He lashes the ball into the top corner, Gomes helpless. He throws himself at the Kop, the ground erupts into insane noise. But it’s not over.

Liverpool have a lead to defend, but that’s not the fans concern. Well, not their main one. Spurs look beaten, but that doesn’t mean Liverpool have won. Liverpool have won nothing unless things change in the “other game”. The fans wait unpatiently, desperate for their phone to ring or beep. And then it’s announced, before anyone else knows, across the tannoy.

“Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls. Manchester United 1, Hull…1.

Hysteria follows. People hugging, kissing, jumping up and down madly, screaming and crying.

The final whistle blows at Anfield. Liverpool have won the game. The fans wait there, the players sit down and wait there. Before that sound is heard again.

“And that ladies and gentleman, is full time at Hull City!”

That game indeed. Gave Mr Benitez the power, to make the changes he wanted, at his club.

As for anyone slagging off Rafa fuck off and support Chelsea you horrible c*nts

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2009, 05:14:00 pm »
Here's an absolute beauty from daws, thoroughly entertaining:

I think of this when I go to sleep at night..

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2009, 05:17:45 pm »
I think of this when I go to sleep at night..

What, and you don't think about Fernando Torres late at night? Wierdo.

:P
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline bordeauxred

• posh scouser
  • Kopite
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2009, 05:22:06 pm »

That one from Daws made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck!

Also where has Sabu Pundit gone ? I miss him!

royhendo

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2009, 10:50:37 pm »
A fucking pearler this one...

This is true.

My mate owns the red number 7 shirt that Kenny wore when he scored the winner in the European Cup final in 1978 at Wembley. He won it in a raffle for a £5 ticket. It's kept in a safety deposit box in a bank and when he dies he's going to get buried in it. Apparently, once someone offered him £20,000 for it.

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2009, 12:40:27 am »
Haven't seen this posted in here... :D

Classic!
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline redliverbird

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2009, 12:47:38 am »
i want to mail that post of Degs...and mail it to rafa...
once a red,always a red

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2009, 02:15:05 am »
i want to mail that post of Degs...and mail it to rafa...
I'm at the back of the Kop tomorrow, If I make a good enough paper plane it might hit him.
But what the fuck do I know, if I knew anything I'd be on the tens of thousands of pounds a week.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2009, 09:46:22 am »
 “I don’t know what it is with me and Rafa. He knows I’ve got the ability and that I’m capable of playing in his team.

“But when you find yourself suddenly training on your own – when all the other boys are out there – and it’s just a couple of years after playing in a Champions League final, you’ve got to wonder where you are going.

“A lot of people at Liverpool told me they can’t understand why I’ve not even been given a sniff of a chance even on the bench, and I don’t know either because I played 34 games last season and suddenly I can’t get in. My career was “rotting away” in Liverpool’s reserves and I simply had to review my options.

“I’ve come here to Portsmouth to do a job for them and when my contract is finished in July then the world’s my oyster.

“I don’t think Liverpool will be watching or coming back for me.

“They can’t say anything to me really.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2009, 09:10:17 pm »
:wellin for Daws. 

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

royhendo

« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2009, 10:37:45 pm »
Actually, I'm a little ashamed of myself that I didn't link this in the o.p.

One of the most important posts ever on the site:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=229270.0

royhendo

« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2009, 10:39:29 pm »
And also this entire thread... it was pretty incredible at the time actually. Wish we could recall some of that perspective on life now:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=200220.0

Specifically this flag from the God-like genius that is Art Vandelay, which led to the Porto Multiflag...
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=200220.msg3566089#msg3566089
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:44:28 pm by royhendo »

Offline TLT

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2009, 11:27:24 pm »
I signed up to this place a long time ago, but never really posted (not sure if I ever did, will soon find out on my post count I guess!)

Anyway, not sure if people will agree or disagree, or what ever, but a couple of 'essay' posts I made on another fan site.

On Rafa's contract rejection, and his transfers
Rafa just wants to be in control of his own future. I don't think he is demanding this that and the other. But if the team perform poorly, who gets the kick?

The owners? No they own the place, unfortunately.
Rick Parry? Again, no.
The manager? Yes.

So Rafa is trying to protect himself by saying 'you make me the victim of my own decisions. Be they good or bad, as the manager he deserves that control. His other points where about time, things taking too long. Claims that we spent too long sniffing around and messing around that teams came in and snatched the players.

The only way this could have happened is if Rafa had said (hypothetically speaking) I want to sign Player X. Rick Parry contacts the club of player X, they want £15million, Parry offers £8million. The club say no. Go back to Rafa, Rafa says up the bid we really want this guy. Parry goes back ups it to £10million. Club say no, Parry goes back etc etc.

And before you know it someone comes in and bids £13million and snatches the player from us.

This allegedly happened with Alves from Seville. OK he stayed at Seville (eventually signing for Barcelona a few years later), but all the umming and arrring over signing him or not meant the player went. Then we signed second rate options.

If Rafa has a transfer kitty of say £40million. He should be able to spend that on 1, 2, 5, or 10 players if he has too. But it feels like he is being forced to spread it about.

On Rafa and 'being too defensive (and the first Everton draw)
I am as frustrated as you all. I agree I don't think Rafa will ever learn, and the question is can he take us the next step? On the face of the last few weeks, the answer would be no.

But give the guy a chance. We have been mediocre in the league for years. And he has now finally built a team that can challenge. But because we are 'Liverpool' we expect ourselves to win the league. It's as simple as that.

At the start of the season, I think most of us said lets see a challenge. A real genuine challenge I mean, and so far, that is what we have seen. This is without Torres for half the season (who hasn't scored a League goal since against Man City way way way back in early October).

But now we have been riding top recently, we have all been dreaming of staying there. Of course this is what we want. Not just to win our first league for 19 years, but the fact if we don't, it will mean United will likely equal our 18 titles.

Last night we were 3 minutes away from what we would have all said 'rode our luck a bit, but a hard fought derby win. They are always like that, never easy'. But one lack of concentration cost us 3 points.

You can point the blame at Rafa, Lucas, Benayoun or whoever. Fact is we drew, and while United have a game in hand (against Fulham at home which you would expect them to win) we are a goal behind. Not a point, a goal.

All this negativity and frustration is because we have been on a bit of a downer these last two weeks, where as United haven't conceded and gone on a run of winning games. This run will come to an end, and we will have one I am sure of that. Torres can turn some of these draws into wins for us, and a fit Torres will be a huge boost for us.

I am basically saying, Rafa is right to stand up for himself, and he is the man for the job. Of course, we will see over the next 2-3 seasons if he can take us that 'next step' but give the guy a chance. OK we have dropped points, and if we look back at the end of the season and say we finished a handful of points behind we may think 'What could have been?'. Well that is for Rafa to put right in 2009/2010. We have been out of the race by January in the last few years, and a good second half to the season meant we still finished way off the pace.

You look at last season, the final table. Now we could talk about some terrible results we had. Those frustrating draws, and soft defeats. But 4 results pretty much defined our season. They where against Chelsea and United. Had we won those 4 games (instead of taking one point) then we would have won the league.

United - 87 (-6)
Chelsea - 85 (- 4 points)
Arsenal - 83 (N/A)
Liverpool - 76 (+6 for two wins over United, and +5 for two wins over Chelsea)

Liverpool - 87
Arsenal - 83
Chelsea - 81
United - 81

Now, of course any results can be maniuplated, and any table can be manipulated. And all you can do is win your games, and take your points. The team with the most points, wins the league.

However correct me if I am wrong we have beaten Chelsea on their turf, beaten the Mancs (finally) at Anfield. Now we have the easy task of doing it again in the corresponding fixtures (of course, I am being sarcastic). But if we do get those 6 points, then surely that puts us in a great position?

I am not saying they will win us the league, but for all the dropped points against the lesser teams (it happens to Chelsea and United too, just we get highlighted because we haven't won the league for god knows how many years) but what really has effected our position was to beat the teams around us. We have got 7 out of 9 points against the 'top 4' so far. And that is with two games away. Not a bad return!

Wouldn't you rather beat United at home or Stoke at Home? Would you rather beat Chelsea away or Stoke away? Had we drew against United and Chelsea, and beaten Stoke, then we would have been worse off.

But I am now going on and on. And as I said any well constructed post I will happily read. I have read great posts for and against all our big topics over recent weeks and months.

But one fact still remains, joint top of the league at the end of January? I am happy with that.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2009, 11:32:19 am »
Nice idea Roy.  Be good to keep this going.

Agreed! The stuff I want to read is more than mixed up with the shite and lost in the process.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2009, 11:27:26 pm »
When the Mancs are struggling - usually the referee gets involved.

Struggling against Bolton at home - Ref awards a dodgy pen.
Struggling against Blackburn away - Ref ignores an elbow on the 'keeper
Struggling against West Brom at home - Ref awards a disgraceful Freekick
Struggling against West Brom away - Sends their captain off and books four or five others. Then allows an offside goal to help the goal difference. Then ignores a rugby tackle from Vidic and doesn't send Ferdinand off for a professional foul.
Struggling in the cup? Allows an offside goal. Sends a player off. Awards a penalty
Scraping past in the FA Cup? Disregards a clear handball by Scholes

There are loads of examples of this so far this season and they won't be the last.

You can say it's "Luck" but how much "Luck" have we had (For instance?)

Stoke goal wrongly disallowed
Third goal against Everton
Blatent Penalty ignored against Man City

And then that's not even taking into account the basics.

Telling a referee to 'Fuck off' and calling them 'a c*nt' repeatedly, the officials would have you believe is a cardable offence and yet Manchester United players do it regularly. Why is this permitted?

Why can Rio Ferdinand and Vidic repeatedly commit professional fouls and nothing is ever given?

All these things are facts and the media - who bleat on about every subject but one endlessly - entirely and utterly and completely ignore this one.

Why is that?

Why is it that officials can be called 'cheats' and 'robbers' and then the chief of FA Refs is accused of all sorts - and nothing is done? The charges are quietly dropped and the media doesn't report it?

Even if you ignored everything else - what about Ronaldo and Rooney and others diving - again bookable offences. Why aren't these punished in the way the rules state? Why doesn't the press comment on it? Why isn't it reported?

I'm quite happy to shut the fuck up - IF someone can explain to me why a media desperate and hungry for any story no matter how stupid and facile repeatedly and wilfully doesn't address something that pretty much every fan in the country is now starting to think.

There is something rotten at the core of English football. It doesn't take a genuis to know it's obviously money related - and perhaps more than that.

But why is it not investigated?

How come it's always 'kept quiet' and brushed under the carpet.

I'm all for 'luck' and 'the luck of the draw' and 'these things happen'

But. When they happen EVERY WEEK. Well that's pushing 'luck' too far. It's just not credible past a certain point.

Is it because the press are spineless and gutless? Is it another reason? Why don't they even answer what other people are thinking? Why isn't it seen as a story? Are they scared of Manchester United? Are they scared of Ferguson? Is there anything dodgier than even that going on?

Offline El Festino

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2009, 01:36:27 pm »
For those of you who want a good perspective and don't want to trawl through all the cuntish shite from c*nts in the in-game wigan match or rafas post match thread..take note of the below..

So here's what really happened. It's understandable that noone wants to look at this now, but I took one for all you bitter bastards and watched it about 10 times over.

It's a throw-in to us with 10 minutes to go and we pushed up too far. That was it. For everyone crying about pushing for the second, it's what did us. Rafa had Keane up, and was giving him instructions. He was going for it. We had the ball, throwin near side.

Aurelio took the throwin left side to Mascherano, who gave him a very tough ball back, and he miscontrolled it. One Wigan hoof got the ball to the halfway line, where Skittles got beaten in the air in the Wigan half by Mido, it looks like, and the ball broke to Brown, who brought the ball up to our box. There was noone around. Everyone was too far up.

At this point, both Skittles and Carra are badly beaten and turned around. Arbeloa is jogging towards the fucking penalty spot from what appears to be the left side of the pitch, the right side is completely abandoned, save for two furious players running back at breakneck speed to cover for the three defenders that should not have been beaten so badly.

Yes, for all the moaners, those two were Kuyt and Lucas, tearing back like rats up a fucking drainpipe. It wasn't their job, but they did it anyway, and Lucas busted his arse to beat everyone to a bad fucking situation.

Lucas fucked up, but it wasn't that bad - Koumas was always playing for it. Here's the real kicker - Wigan had two players clearly offside at the time Koumas tried to take the ball past Lucas. If Lucas had just let him go, he was gonna either run out of pitch, or have 2 teammates offside in front of Pepe.

If you watch it a couple times, you might end up walking off the muppet stage for giving Lucas grief. Arbeloa, Skittles and Carra blew it. 7 minutes to go, and everyone went marauding for an unnecessary second goal.

Why keep this thread on it's original subject when we can conduct a lynching? But for anyone who has the slightest interest in what actually happened...
Rafa was being asked about our performance. He was fuming and he said... It was a crazy second half. Everyone was running about tackling and jumping. You can't control things like that. It's been the same for the last 3 games.

FFS The man was talking about our team, not taking control, just running round, jumping into stupid takles and not keeping a grip of the ball. The, "it was the same in the last 3 games" was about 3 stupid goals been given away.

He then said, I don't want to say too much about it. Like I said before, I'm sure he'll have plenty to say to our players about it at Melwood tomorrow.

The interviewer then pressed Bruce into making the "I'm sure he's delighted" comment about Ferguson - which is actually atributed to Rafa in the interview in the original post.

That's because the interview in the original post is a very selectively edited version of what was really said. Funny what you can do with a bit of the auld cut and paste melarkey.

But why let any of that get in the way of a witch hunt, eh?

Get a fucking grip....  :butt

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2009, 01:58:01 pm »
For those of you who want a good perspective and don't want to trawl through all the cuntish shite from c*nts in the in-game wigan match or rafas post match thread..take note of the below..

Get a fucking grip....  :butt

so in other words unless you agree with this dont bother having a say as you are a c*nt?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2009, 02:12:58 pm »
I need to make a banner....S.O.U.R.

Save

Our

Underappreciated

Rafa
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline El Festino

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2009, 02:39:48 pm »
so in other words unless you agree with this dont bother having a say as you are a c*nt?

Not at all mate, im just trying to shed light on what was actually said in the post match interview and while i agree lucas made a retarded tackle, we were stretched but he busted a gut to get there..the lad didnt mean to give away a peno.

Im just particularly pissed off today with the bigger picture..i cant get my head around Rafas subs yesterday; aggers contract, keane situation etc..

royhendo

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2009, 02:50:57 pm »

The idea of the thread is to post things you've seen that you felt others should read, either because they were a superb read tucked away in the depths of another board, or because they contain facts, insight, or analysis that people would have otherwise missed.

So the ideal way to make your point here is to dig out a post that you think makes the contradicting point in an impressive way, and post it here. Simple really.

:wave

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2009, 03:02:00 pm »
The idea of the thread is to post things you've seen that you felt others should read, either because they were a superb read tucked away in the depths of another board, or because they contain facts, insight, or analysis that people would have otherwise missed.

So the ideal way to make your point here is to dig out a post that you think makes the contradicting point in an impressive way, and post it here. Simple really.

the post was in comment to the poster saying that everone who was having a go at the team was a c*nt not in repsonse to the idea of the thread