Author Topic: The little things that annoy you in football  (Read 23384 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: The little things that annoy you in football
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2022, 08:56:50 am »
"Clearly caught him..."

Replay shows no contact whatsoever.

"....."

Yeah my annoyance is with that exact thing.

A commentator states something (And sometimes goes on about it) and then the replay shows they are talking shite.

Most of them either go quiet or double down on it. Ally McCoist was a breath of fresh air, he's more than happy to say he got it wrong and admit that he didn't see it properly first time.

One of the very, very, very few. I have no idea why they do it either. It just makes them look like thick dickheads talking bollocks.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2022, 09:02:18 am »
Yeah my annoyance is with that exact thing.

A commentator states something (And sometimes goes on about it) and then the replay shows they are talking shite.

Most of them either go quiet or double down on it. Ally McCoist was a breath of fresh air, he's more than happy to say he got it wrong and admit that he didn't see it properly first time.

One of the very, very, very few. I have no idea why they do it either. It just makes them look like thick dickheads talking bollocks.

Was gonna mention similar myself, then the German Cup final last night had 2 commentators that a few times through out admitted they were wrong on a replay.

The worst is when they get the wrong player, then the ball goes to the player they previously mentioned and they just say the name again as if that’s normaly.

“Konate…….. into the feet of konate”
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2022, 10:52:17 am »
Teams playing in a change strip for away games when there is absolutely no hint of a colour clash.. eg..Man City.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2022, 10:55:28 am »
Probably already been said, but … Man City are a little thing that annoy me in football

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2022, 10:56:18 am »
Teams playing in a change strip for away games when there is absolutely no hint of a colour clash.. eg..Man City.

Chelsea in the cup final last week. I’m guessing that wasn’t their choice

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2022, 11:01:48 am »
Probably already been said, but … Man City are a little thing that annoy me in football

They are a huge annoyance, but they are a little thing.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2022, 11:03:30 am »

> Keepers holding the ball for more than 5 seconds (there should be a release clock)
> Throw ins being taken 10m from where they should be. They could reuse the goal line technology.
> Players faking they've been hit in they face when they haven't. Should be booked for simulation.
> Non black football boots.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2022, 11:43:58 am »
Chelsea in the cup final last week. I’m guessing that wasn’t their choice

Actually was, Tuchel wanted to aear yellow because he thought it was the colour his team wore when he lifted the Pokal - (that was Dortmund Tuchel you bellend)
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2022, 12:48:54 pm »

I think sometimes clubs do this to increase the sales of their kit, second strip gets an airing and the sales might go up. It may be baffling or annoying sometime but I can understand why they would do it.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2022, 12:50:52 pm »
One Kiss by Dua Lipa.
Plastic song for plastic clubs like City or Chelsea. Unfortunate how it's now becoming synonymous with us.

I'd much prefer we had something more Scouse..

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2022, 01:11:07 pm »
One Kiss by Dua Lipa.
Plastic song for plastic clubs like City or Chelsea. Unfortunate how it's now becoming synonymous with us.

I'd much prefer we had something more Scouse..

Like Johnny Todd?

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2022, 02:09:34 pm »
Players being unwilling to just put it in the corner quadrant - surely it gives them fuck all of an advantage
Tell that to Trent. He's sort of popularised putting it on the very outermost outside edge of the curved line.  ;D

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2022, 02:11:44 pm »
Oh also how a penalty counts as "saved" when the player shoots wide. Nobody saved that.
I've literally never heard of that.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2022, 02:20:52 pm »
Players moaning at the ref when he gives anything against them.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2022, 02:58:22 pm »
Pep Guardiola

Pep being an obvious shitlord who clearly knows how many lies are propping up the Manchester City engine and who will likely walk away not only scot free of any recrimination for being ‘the bigger the lie, the louder I deny it’ kinda guy, but who will also be endlessly compared to Jurgen Klopp, a man who could use a smidge of rationality in post game interviews following cagey disappointing draws, but who is otherwise a perfect leader, a humble, very open and honest human being.

Pep isn’t fit to wipe Jurgen’s butt, but because they both win a lot of football matches the media and zeitgeist will insert this Catalan coward next to The Guy Who Married Living Saint Mrs. Klopp
You'll Never Walk Alone

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2022, 03:16:46 pm »
Tell that to Trent. He's sort of popularised putting it on the very outermost outside edge of the curved line.  ;D

Players were doing it well before Trent was even playing for us, but it annoys me when he does it too!

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2022, 06:00:25 pm »
Pitch invasions. Can you really not control yourself to not run on the pitch? And now that there have been a few over the last couple of weeks, it seems to have become acceptable.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2022, 08:24:25 am »
The amount of flares and pyro about these days. Fans using it for when the game is 1-1 and shit like that.

Online Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2022, 08:41:23 am »
Little clubs like Man City and PSG ruining football. Newcastle soon to be included in that.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2022, 08:53:28 am »
Hypocrisy and high horses are rife these days.

Liverpool fans greet the coach with pyro - Bad wool kopite behaviour, “coach clappers”
Everton fans do exactly the same - “No fans quite like Everton mate, what a club, NSNO”

Klopp sends the players over to thank the Kop after a draw - Embarrassing
Everton invade the pitch to celebrate finishing 16th - Pure passion and emotion of football

Liverpool fan throws a bottle at the Man City coach - Constant media coverage, disgusting fans, always the victims
Everton fan throws a pint at a Stagecoach bus, saying “was there a kopite on there yeah” - Absolute media silence

Someone gets pushed in a fountain in Barcelona: Disgusting kopites, Englands shame
Massive group of Everton fans bully a woman into taking a Liverpool flag down from her window and celebrate like they’ve just won the title: Silence

It’s borderline exhausting and “banter” culture is getting worse. It’s at the point now where I watch our games, appreciate how great we are and that’s it. Don’t bother with the post match analysis where they try their best to stir the shit and drum up “talking points” and avoid comment sections on Twitter/Facebook like the plague.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2022, 10:11:05 am »
Martin Tyler every time Harvey Elliott steps on to a pitch reminding us that he was born somewhere between London and Surrey and is a Liverpool fan as if it's some sort of huge revelation  :butt

every fucking time
YNWA.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2022, 10:17:42 am »
Refs pointing at their watches to warn time wasters
(and then....not adding the time anyway!)

Refs looking straight at pulling and shoving at a corner, then pausing just as the corner is being taken, to have a chat with the defender and attacker, then getting the corner retaken.
I mean, the middle of a game is not the right time for education, for informing the players of the rules.
Just ref the game! Blow for a pen or a foul if you see one. Why "sort it out" via an educational programme in the middle of the corner taking???
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2022, 10:24:12 am »
VAR is not used in cases it should be used...

no point in having VAR if the refs are not checking it consistently...

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2022, 10:37:40 am »
Little things that annoy me in football. Man city and chelsea.

Those late offsides wind me up too when the whole ground can see its off and they play on for no reason.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2022, 10:42:46 am »
Micah Richards

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #105 on: May 23, 2022, 11:19:18 am »
“He’s hit that too well” as a shot cannons off the bar and into row z.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 23, 2022, 11:27:17 am »
When a player is in an offside position when the ball is played, the defender gets a touch and the ref gives a corner.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 23, 2022, 11:30:52 am »
Pitch invasions. Can you really not control yourself to not run on the pitch? And now that there have been a few over the last couple of weeks, it seems to have become acceptable.
The amount of flares and pyro about these days. Fans using it for when the game is 1-1 and shit like that.
I expect (and will be quite happy to see) stricter measures put in place before next season. No point people arguing that pitch invasions are "a bit of fun", "just one or two dickheads spoiling it", when it's fairly well established by now that there's going to be more than one or two dickheads in any sizeable group of young men. Also had other hints of trouble, hitting out at players fetching the ball, bottle throwing, etc. Images shared of young female Villa fans with bruising/minor injuries from flares thrown into their end, yesterday. Pitch invasions and flares are already illegal; put a rule in place that means an automatic and immediate points deduction for each incident and it would stop almost instantly - fans policing themselves at least as much as clubs taking it more seriously.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #108 on: May 23, 2022, 11:33:46 am »
Pitch invasions
Pyro being lobbed on to the pitch
Players feigning head injuries to time waste
Keepers time wasting.

The first and last are an easy fix. Pitch invasions should come with immediate points deductions and a hefty fine. The crowd will largely self-police itself afterwards.

The referees should give one warning for keepers taking their time to take a goal kick and then hand out a yellow card for going over the allotted seconds. If this was actually applied properly, it would be finished as a strategy within a month

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 23, 2022, 12:27:57 pm »

Refs looking straight at pulling and shoving at a corner, then pausing just as the corner is being taken, to have a chat with the defender and attacker, then getting the corner retaken.
I mean, the middle of a game is not the right time for education, for informing the players of the rules.
Just ref the game! Blow for a pen or a foul if you see one. Why "sort it out" via an educational programme in the middle of the corner taking???

Everytime a ref stops a corner for a talking to, you could just as well not take the corner anymore, as he'll blow for a foul as soon as its taken anyway.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2022, 12:29:17 pm »
I expect (and will be quite happy to see) stricter measures put in place before next season. No point people arguing that pitch invasions are "a bit of fun", "just one or two dickheads spoiling it", when it's fairly well established by now that there's going to be more than one or two dickheads in any sizeable group of young men. Also had other hints of trouble, hitting out at players fetching the ball, bottle throwing, etc. Images shared of young female Villa fans with bruising/minor injuries from flares thrown into their end, yesterday. Pitch invasions and flares are already illegal; put a rule in place that means an automatic and immediate points deduction for each incident and it would stop almost instantly - fans policing themselves at least as much as clubs taking it more seriously.

You can’t really dock points for fan related things very easily, otherwise what’s stopping anyone buying a Man City home ticket (easy to get) and running on the pitch to get them points docked.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2022, 12:33:34 pm »
You can’t really dock points for fan related things very easily, otherwise what’s stopping anyone buying a Man City home ticket (easy to get) and running on the pitch to get them points docked.

Big difference between one or two idiots and thousands

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2022, 12:46:10 pm »
I’ve watched about 30 plus EFL matches this season as part of my trying to get around all 92 league grounds.
What I can’t stand is that most clubs support consists of an ‘ultras section’ a bloke with a drum, and the same 2/3 songs across the country. Mainly eg the palace song 🎵 and that’s the way we like it ohohooh.
No originality.
And the same fans would come to Anfield and sing about shit support and libraries etc

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2022, 01:15:47 pm »

Great plan. Let’s draw up a rota!

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2022, 01:21:18 pm »
The annoyingly repetitive commentator line that Trent has a reputation for being a weak defender whenever he does something great defensively. 

Offline VictoryFor96

• Main Stander
« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2022, 01:33:49 pm »
sterlings ass while he running, its not little though

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2022, 02:34:46 pm »
It'd be a number of fans; more than one, less than 25, say, to trigger it - agreed, clubs shouldn't be penalised for streakers, opposition fans, people having a mental breakdown... In any event, identifying them as an opposition fan wouldn't take long in the age of social media, so deduction wouldn't be applied. There has to be some action though, and the alternatives are worse.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2022, 03:15:48 pm »
Players who pull their socks up so far over their knees so that it looks they’re wearing leggings.
Can I also add players who don't pull their socks up passed their ankles.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2022, 03:17:02 pm »
Can I also add players who don't pull their socks up passed their ankles.

Where did they pass their ankles?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2022, 03:33:51 pm »
Players moaning at the ref when he gives anything against them.

Players crowding the referee when he makes a decision and blows his whistle, should be an automatic yellow. It needs to be stamped out and football needs to move towards sports like Rugby and Volleyball where only the captain can talk to the referee unless he asks to speak to another player.