Author Topic: ASTON VILLA - Mingy and Moaning Moobs  (Read 316990 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: ASTON VILLA - a lovely bunch of people
« Reply #2600 on: May 22, 2022, 09:37:39 pm »
should be docked 2 points. Disgraceful.

Definitely  :D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2601 on: May 22, 2022, 10:03:14 pm »
he did his best as always. almost pulled it off but as was said already, they ran out of legs as a direct result of having a game on Thursday.

you have to question why that games was scheduled for Thursday.

Coutinho played only 20 minutes on Thursday. There was no need to take him off today, as soon as Villa went 2-0 up, and invite the pressure. Ings played only 12 minutes on Thursday, and was not introduced today until Villa went 3-2 down. The substitutions from Gerrard today were very poor ...

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2602 on: May 22, 2022, 10:16:16 pm »
Coutinho played only 20 minutes on Thursday. There was no need to take him off today, as soon as Villa went 2-0 up, and invite the pressure. Ings played only 12 minutes on Thursday, and was not introduced today until Villa went 3-2 down. The substitutions from Gerrard today were very poor ...

Yeah, not sure why he did what he did. Bit of a weird set of substitutions, they were doing well up until that point. Ings shouldve started sooner, Watkins needed to be replaced earlier.

Not sure about Martinez, but I'm pretty sure had he played then City wouldn't have scored so easily

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2603 on: May 22, 2022, 10:18:50 pm »
Ultimately, the score didn’t even reflect the gulf of class between the two teams. Villa gave it a good shot. That’s what city do, so we shouldn’t be surprised.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2604 on: May 22, 2022, 10:28:42 pm »
I can't help but think that Steve's inexperience in taking Coutinho off and replacing him with Marvelous fucking Nakamba just three minutes after he scored might have cost them.

Fair enough, maybe at 0-2 he wanted to shut up shop or bring in some defensive stability but Phil is a magician who is capable of producing the outrageous at any given moment and if for 70 minutes it's worked for you why would you take him off. It's not something Klopp or Guardiola would have done. He still has a lot to learn.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2605 on: May 22, 2022, 10:38:24 pm »
Still can't get my head around the manner in which they lost this game today. Fucking gutted. Conceding 3 goals in 5 minutes. Fuck off Villa.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2606 on: May 22, 2022, 11:06:38 pm »
Has there been any explanation as to why Gerrard left Martinez out today?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #2607 on: May 22, 2022, 11:14:24 pm »

His quote: "It is out of my hands"
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: May 22, 2022, 11:17:43 pm »
I can't help but think that Steve's inexperience in taking Coutinho off and replacing him with Marvelous fucking Nakamba just three minutes after he scored might have cost them.

Fair enough, maybe at 0-2 he wanted to shut up shop or bring in some defensive stability but Phil is a magician who is capable of producing the outrageous at any given moment and if for 70 minutes it's worked for you why would you take him off. It's not something Klopp or Guardiola would have done. He still has a lot to learn.

I dunno he looked knackered second half when we played them the other week
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: May 23, 2022, 12:07:33 am »
Still can't get my head around the manner in which they lost this game today. Fucking gutted. Conceding 3 goals in 5 minutes. Fuck off Villa.

They gave it a good go man, and that’s all you can ask. Anyone apportioning blame to Stevie need to take a look at the themself, and actually they’re taking it all too seriously. Just be proud of what we’ve done this season and enjoy these special times. Nothing is ever guaranteed and I feel privileged on a daily basis to support this team.

Controlling your own destiny is essential when competing against Man City. Painful as it is, there can be no excuses. We simply have to take the learning into next season.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #2610 on: May 23, 2022, 12:48:39 am »

'POST MATCH | Steven Gerrard proud of Manchester City showing' (1 and a bit minute post-match interview; Man. City 3-2 Villa):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y9JfzIR9qc0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Y9JfzIR9qc0</a>

'Steven Gerrard Walks out of Press Conference after Match vs Man City | Man City vs Aston Villa 3-2':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xag1jot4xEo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xag1jot4xEo</a>

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2611 on: May 23, 2022, 01:08:47 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xag1jot4xEo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xag1jot4xEo</a>
Neville: "Why is this happening? Where has it come from? I've got absolutely no idea"

Yeah maybe if you hadn't played your part in inciting Man U fans with your misplaced, fucked up Che Guevara rhetoric...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2612 on: May 23, 2022, 02:18:02 am »
Neville: "Why is this happening? Where has it come from? I've got absolutely no idea"

Yeah maybe if you hadn't played your part in inciting Man U fans with your misplaced, fucked up Che Guevara rhetoric...
A concrete lamp post has more self-awareness than that imbecile.

He doesn't even realise he's part of the problem, not the solution.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: May 23, 2022, 04:15:14 am »

Yeah, it's very old-school, conservative management: we're winning, throw on all the defenders; we're losing, throw on all the attackers. Progressive managers like Klopp are capable of seeing the bigger picture.

The vitriol directed towards Villa and Stevie is misplaced. When a top team is in all-or-nothing mode, crazy stuff happens. Us in Istanbul. Real Madrid just a few weeks ago against... who was it again? And that was against far more accomplished opposition.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2614 on: May 23, 2022, 04:17:26 am »
Can't believe someone at Roma thought Olsen was the man to replace Alisson.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2615 on: May 23, 2022, 06:25:37 am »

He was injured, it won't stop people going all Fox Mulder though.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2616 on: May 23, 2022, 06:27:34 am »
His quote: "It is out of my hands"

Some other quotes -

“Martinez has a knee injury,” Gerrard told Sky.

“It wasn’t my decision. If it was up to me, he’d be starting. The doctors pulled him out.”

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #2617 on: May 23, 2022, 07:26:47 am »
Some other quotes -

“Martinez has a knee injury,” Gerrard told Sky.

“It wasn’t my decision. If it was up to me, he’d be starting. The doctors pulled him out.”

haha, fair enough.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #2618 on: May 23, 2022, 07:27:58 am »
He was injured, it won't stop people going all Fox Mulder though.

Yes, I was one of those.
Just waiting on Gillian Anderson now....

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2619 on: May 23, 2022, 08:08:24 am »
Looks like they're signing Kamara so that's the Grealish bonus.

Probably Purslow telling the doctors to get Martinez out the game because Gerrard was a nuisance in wanting to win it
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: May 23, 2022, 09:11:18 am »
Apparently Gerrard was key to getting Kamara. He could be a top get, he profiles really well. Surprised he didn’t go somewhere better to be honest.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2621 on: May 23, 2022, 09:14:10 am »
Villa fan tells me they are after Suarez.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2622 on: May 23, 2022, 09:18:39 am »
Looks like they're signing Kamara so that's the Grealish bonus.

Probably Purslow telling the doctors to get Martinez out the game because Gerrard was a nuisance in wanting to win it

Football club signs player.

Which Kamara is this by the way?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: May 23, 2022, 09:22:41 am »
Football club signs player.

Which Kamara is this by the way?

Titty's son, Booby.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: May 23, 2022, 11:51:43 am »
Our last 2 games we came from behind. As we have in more games than City this season, the most in the league. We really can't blame Villa.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2625 on: May 23, 2022, 11:55:04 am »
Our last 2 games we came from behind. As we have in more games than City this season, the most in the league. We really can't blame Villa.

We’ve been a goal down in each of our last 4 in the league and taken 10 points - Spurs, Villa, Southampton, Wolves.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2626 on: May 23, 2022, 11:57:07 am »
The only clips I've seen of their game yesterday were on MOTD, but it is incredible that Tyrone Mings has managed to get to this level of the game, never mind be captain of a PL club and play for England.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2627 on: May 23, 2022, 12:01:44 pm »

I didn't watch their game but my mate whos a city fan said this was what cost them the game, and another mate who's a villa fan agrees. I've just read ings didn't come on till they were 3-2 down too. fucking hell stevie.

You can't retreat against this city side. You sit in your own box hoping to defend they will score, simple as that. You have to go after them. It is what it is but from 2-0 to 3-2 in 5 minutes, tired or not, is bad management one way or another. Take an injury, slow the game down etc.

3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2628 on: May 23, 2022, 12:38:19 pm »
I didn't watch their game but my mate whos a city fan said this was what cost them the game, and another mate who's a villa fan agrees. I've just read ings didn't come on till they were 3-2 down too. fucking hell stevie.

You can't retreat against this city side. You sit in your own box hoping to defend they will score, simple as that. You have to go after them. It is what it is but from 2-0 to 3-2 in 5 minutes, tired or not, is bad management one way or another. Take an injury, slow the game down etc.

Couldn't believe they conceded 3 times in the space of 5 mins. I thought once it got to the 75th minute, they would at the very least get a draw out the game. Like you said, their game management was non-existent and the subs did cost them the game yesterday. Coutinho is one of their few players who can play whilst being pressed and taking him off just after he scored to bring on such an average midfielder was mind boggling.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2629 on: May 23, 2022, 12:40:41 pm »

If you're going to retreat like that then you have to defend properly and slow down the game. To concede 3 in that time is a joke. Do anything to take the sting out of it at 2-1 or 2-2.

Atletico parked the bus at Etihad for 90 minutes and conceded only once because they were organised.

Personnel wise though it was putting that goalkeeper in that killed them when the pressure came. Martinez a good shot stopper and time wastes with the best of them. Shouldn't have took Coutinho off though at all. That drew City onto them and they couldn't handle it, not least because they had a shit keeper.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2630 on: May 23, 2022, 12:41:21 pm »
Again easy to say in hindsight though isn't it? Clearly the idea was to hold what they had, which isn't a particularly outrageous idea when you're in those circumstances.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Haaaank

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: May 23, 2022, 01:14:38 pm »
Actually had Villa fans on my FB at half time yesterday being angry because they were winning, embarrassing.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2632 on: May 23, 2022, 02:03:58 pm »
What happened today is not on Villa or Gerrard, it's on the TV companies who required them to play a match on the Thursday night leaving only 2 full days recovery before playing today. All so matches wouldn't clash with the Europa final. Burnley also got shafted but not to worry it's the greatest league in the world isn't it  ::)

I'm pretty sure that was nothing to do with tv companies, and everything to do with UEFA banning leagues from hosting games on the same nights as the EL/CL finals (and some of the CL knock outs without exceptional circumstances).

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: May 23, 2022, 02:29:00 pm »
I'm pretty sure that was nothing to do with tv companies, and everything to do with UEFA banning leagues from hosting games on the same nights as the EL/CL finals (and some of the CL knock outs without exceptional circumstances).

It's the TV companies mate.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2634 on: May 23, 2022, 07:06:12 pm »
The one most gutted Villa didn't at least draw would be Steven Gerrard.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2635 on: May 24, 2022, 01:14:44 pm »
I will gladly celebrate Villa going down again, even if Stevie goes down with them. Absolutely useless that club. Strip them off their european cup for that display.
Still can't get over how much more they could have done, simply feign cramps, that disrupts City's rhythm. Half the team do it against Liverpool when Liverpool is going for a goal.
Abysmal club.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ASTON VILLA - Knobends
« Reply #2636 on: May 28, 2022, 11:28:47 am »
Aston Villa are exploring the possibility of signing Luis Suarez who is a free agent after being released by Atletico Madrid. [telegraph]

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2637 on: May 28, 2022, 11:48:40 am »
Aston Villa are exploring the possibility of signing Luis Suarez who is a free agent after being released by Atletico Madrid. [telegraph]

Mad that in January 2018, Gerrard hadn't even taken charge of a game, Suarez was half way through another great season with Barca, Coutinho had just signed for Barca for £140m, Aston Villa in the middle of another season in the Championship. Imagine saying then they'd all be together in the Premier League in 4 and a half years  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2638 on: May 29, 2022, 11:06:11 pm »

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2639 on: May 29, 2022, 11:48:52 pm »
Sturridge is waiting by the phone
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D