Author Topic: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai  (Read 228382 times)

Online DHRED

• Main Stander
Re: Welcome Dominik Szoboszlai
« Reply #2640 on: Yesterday at 09:47:22 pm »
Every second touch is a tackle.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2641 on: Yesterday at 09:50:50 pm »
A tackle that he ducks out of

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #2642 on: Yesterday at 10:00:29 pm »
Can safely say our worst signing of the season based on the amount of appearances he’s had. At least gravenberch tries when he plays.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #2643 on: Yesterday at 10:01:12 pm »
Someone needs to hypnotize him into thinking that he's playing for Hungary before every match.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2644 on: Yesterday at 10:01:19 pm »
Can safely say our worst signing of the season based on the amount of appearances he’s had. At least gravenberch tries when he plays.
Nah he was too good in 1st half of the season, not sure wtf happened afterwards.

Offline Cozzymoto

• Main Stander
« Reply #2645 on: Yesterday at 10:03:28 pm »
Nah he was too good in 1st half of the season, not sure wtf happened afterwards.

That’s a stretch, 2 months at most he was great then just slid into oblivion. Hes too concerned about his looks and image and international.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2646 on: Yesterday at 10:03:39 pm »

He is shit there I’ve said it I hope he doesn’t start again this season.

We not sell him as he has only just arrived but he isn’t looking good to me.

Offline masher

• Legacy Fan
  • hippie at heart
« Reply #2647 on: Yesterday at 10:04:09 pm »

Technically he is probably the worst player in our team, his touch and passing are awful. Hoping against hope that this is just a dip in form.

Online Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2648 on: Yesterday at 10:05:43 pm »

Ryan Gravenberch?

Offline tunred

• Main Stander
  • ici c'est liverpool
« Reply #2649 on: Yesterday at 10:08:19 pm »
yeah don’t know what he’s on about lol. they were equally poor this season

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2650 on: Yesterday at 10:08:59 pm »
Let me guess, he's still "tired' so he'll get a pass.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #2651 on: Yesterday at 10:09:24 pm »
Jesus Christ. The fall from the start of the season has been something else.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: Yesterday at 10:13:12 pm »
He'll have a barnstorming Euro's, he's brilliant for Hungary.

I'm interested to see what Slot will do with him, there is a brilliant player in there and we saw that in the first quarter of the season, then the Injury came and he hasn't been the same.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Buster Gonad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2653 on: Yesterday at 10:17:36 pm »
One great bit of play to get into their box in the first half and then nothing.  He's talented but it isn't reflected in his performances at the moment.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2654 on: Yesterday at 10:17:57 pm »

I didn't write off any player at all under Klopp even the ones who were struggling at first. Only Dom.

Online wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2655 on: Yesterday at 10:20:24 pm »
Which position did he play before he came to us. It's as if he is still not used to his position.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #2656 on: Yesterday at 10:22:59 pm »
Been shite since drinking that Palinka in November

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2657 on: Yesterday at 10:23:07 pm »

I'm interested to see what Slot will do with him, there is a brilliant player in there and we saw that in the first quarter of the season, then the Injury came and he hasn't been the same.
Not really, he was possibly the worst player against Turkey.

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2658 on: Yesterday at 10:28:21 pm »
Give him 18 months he'll be the best midfielder in the league.

Absolute gem 💎
Laughable how good this lad is

Talk about hitting the ground running

Just a few from the start of this season. Not digging these guys out, as we all thought he looked pretty mustard to begin with, but the drop off in quality and form has been something else..

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2659 on: Yesterday at 10:31:09 pm »
I said I would have rather played Bobby Clark than him recently.

He’s been awful. Don’t even know why Klopp is starting him.

I do like him as a player but he’s a shadow of the player before his injury.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2660 on: Yesterday at 10:36:45 pm »
He's in a proper rut at the moment and it feels like he just needs to be taken out of the side until the end of the season. I don't think he's a bad player. I think he will still be a success for us, but he did not come back well from that injury and his confidence is shot.

Elliott should be ahead of him for now.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2661 on: Yesterday at 10:37:23 pm »

He will. But some people will draw the wrong conclusion.They will say  he cares more about Hungary than Liverpool. But it won't be that. It will be because the Euros - even more than the Bundesliga - is played at a nice, gentle, sedate pace. Szobo doesn't like being harried and snapped at.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #2662 on: Yesterday at 10:40:12 pm »
Fuck me has he dropped off a cliff.  Looked the bollox at the start of the season but now should be nowhere near the team.

Hope he has a good summer and we get the real lad back next season.
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2663 on: Yesterday at 10:42:42 pm »
Fuck me has he dropped off a cliff.  Looked the bollox at the start of the season but now should be nowhere near the team.

Hope he has a good summer and we get the real lad back next season.
His ceiling is very high but his floor is nowhere near good enough.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #2664 on: Yesterday at 10:43:26 pm »
Just a few from the start of this season. Not digging these guys out, as we all thought he looked pretty mustard to begin with, but the drop off in quality and form has been something else..
I predicted super star status for him. So I was miles wrong about that, but there's still a very good player in there.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2665 on: Yesterday at 11:00:15 pm »
I think he plays regardless because he's one of our only midfielders who can actually provide some legs in there - quite how we've ended up in that position again after spending over £150m on midfielders in the summer is anyone's guess. The quality though has been badly lacking for.. well, most of the season really.

Another one who looks a talented footballer but it feels like we're not using him right, certainly in our current set-up. Not sure where he fits in a 4-2-3-1 either as I don't think he's good enough on the ball to be a #10 and I'm not sure he scores enough goals to be a forward. He's not going anywhere so let's see how he looks next season.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2666 on: Yesterday at 11:05:14 pm »
I think he plays regardless because he's one of our only midfielders who can actually provide some legs in there - quite how we've ended up in that position again after spending over £150m on midfielders in the summer is anyone's guess. The quality though has been badly lacking for.. well, most of the season really.

Another one who looks a talented footballer but it feels like we're not using him right, certainly in our current set-up. Not sure where he fits in a 4-2-3-1 either as I don't think he's good enough on the ball to be a #10 and I'm not sure he scores enough goals to be a forward. He's not going anywhere so let's see how he looks next season.

Many people are saying this.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2667 on: Yesterday at 11:28:55 pm »
Another one who looks a talented footballer but it feels like we're not using him right,

I think that would be a reason for him not achieving excellence.

However his performances recently have been so poor that really any player in a midfield or forwards position should be relied upon to do a better job. He's misplacing simple passes, failing to react to loose balls, and losing out in some challenges that really any player should be winning.
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Online Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2668 on: Yesterday at 11:33:25 pm »

Lot of bullshit was said about the so called Brexit midfields but their roles were very clear and all revolved around winning the ball back high up the pitch and also allowing the full backs to be our most creative players at times. If we're honest, as we've tried to evolve from that we haven't quite got it right. Even when we came close to the league again the balance didn't quite feel right. Keira didn't work out, Thiago hasn't from an injury perspective but also I'm not sure the balance has always been right when he's been available. Hendo, gini and fabinho fell off very quickly when we tried to evolve. Whether it's chicken or egg I don't know.

Biggest decision for the new manager will be how to shape the midfield and what sort of creativity we demand from the full backs. We have some quality to build on but still lacking a big bitter in the middle and need to work out Sboz. Just don't see a partnership with Trent there at all
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2669 on: Today at 12:04:31 am »
Lot of bullshit was said about the so called Brexit midfields but their roles were very clear and all revolved around winning the ball back high up the pitch and also allowing the full backs to be our most creative players at times. If we're honest, as we've tried to evolve from that we haven't quite got it right. Even when we came close to the league again the balance didn't quite feel right. Keira didn't work out, Thiago hasn't from an injury perspective but also I'm not sure the balance has always been right when he's been available. Hendo, gini and fabinho fell off very quickly when we tried to evolve. Whether it's chicken or egg I don't know.

Biggest decision for the new manager will be how to shape the midfield and what sort of creativity we demand from the full backs. We have some quality to build on but still lacking a big bitter in the middle and need to work out Sboz. Just don't see a partnership with Trent there at all

Honestly it feels like we've tried to be creative/clever, think outside the box with recruitment, but have just ended up bamboozling ourselves and the players and moved away from what made us so successful. In this case we're talking about the midfield, but you could apply it to any area of the team really. You look at our midfield group and they're all so different, and not in a "hey great, horses for different courses" kind of way, but in a confused "do we know what we're actually trying to do" way.

Szoboszlai feels like a second striker/forward who is all about his engine. Gravenberch is a laconic, technical sort of player who can beat a press but plays with little intensity. Jones is a safe/recycling kind of midfielder who won't take many risks on the ball. Elliott is an attacking midfielder who will take plenty of risks on the ball, but who lacks a bit on the physical side. Macca is an all-rounder, who could do with being surrounded by quicker players. These are just the players we've used as #8s this season. What roles are they being asked to play, because they all have vastly different attributes? Do any of them particularly compliment one another? It feels like a lot of our recent recruitment has been decided in isolation on a case by case basis with relatively less attention paid to how those players actually fit together.