Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 135093 times)

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #480 on: March 12, 2018, 06:54:15 pm »
Fucking horrible thing to do by Carragher and that driver is clearly an absolute prick.

Feel sorry for the girl caught in-between the two of them - her dad at the end of that video quite clearly isn't even arsed about her welfare or even that upset that another grown man just spat on his teenage daughter.

Totally agree.  My daughter has just turned 15.  If someone spat at her I wouldn't be as pleased about it as he was, no matter who it was.

I'd be interested also to know what the previous goading attempts were, as whats on the video is very mild.

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #481 on: March 12, 2018, 06:54:40 pm »
Either we have many angelic, controlled and rational people on this forum or plenty of hypocrites. Looking at the vitriol and bile that’s given out after every game we lose, I’d say the latter.

If you’re over the age of 12 and have never done something you profoundly regret, that makes you blush with shame and wish you could wind back the clock, then you’re a very unusual, (boring?), person.

Carragher was an aggressive, gritty player and didn’t lose these qualities the minute he hung up his boots. That’s not to excuse his actions and I’ll guarantee he doesn’t want to be excused, but it shouldn’t be difficult for most of us to understand him and maybe some of us will admit ‘there but for the grace of god ……………..’

In the heat of the moment he’s done something shameful and now has to take his punishment. He’s also been stupid. Working in the public eye you get the big money but you’re the potential target of every dickhead armed with phone camera. Which is why anyone who chooses a public career these days either has to have the skin of a rhino or be mind-numbingly bland.

Jamie walked right into the trap. Dumb. Would Mr. Bigmouth Manc have tried his luck face-to-face with Carragher behind closed doors, no cameras present? Are you kidding? He’s done what we see on the pitch every week, goaded someone, dived and called on the ref for punishment, and he’s won.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #482 on: March 12, 2018, 06:56:03 pm »
How's he going to slate spit the diouf now?

Carra will have to wind his neck in there now. What an extraordinary turnaround.

I still can't quite grasp why a man with so much to lose could do this, especially sober. Bizarre.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: March 12, 2018, 07:02:51 pm »
Carra will have to wind his neck in there now. What an extraordinary turnaround.

I still can't quite grasp why a man with so much to lose could do this, especially sober. Bizarre.

When the red mist descends , it can make the most sensible person transform into a total fucking idiot. He'll regret that moment for a long while yet , and for what ?
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: March 12, 2018, 07:07:42 pm »
It's such a bizarre incident, I just can't get my head around it.

It's not like the guy pulls up beside him and starts shouting "You Scouse Bastard" or other expletives.

He says next to nothing offensive.

I can't believe the reaction. He's used to playing at Old Trafford and being called a c*nt by 70,000 people but can't handle a fan saying "2-1 mate"?

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: March 12, 2018, 07:10:04 pm »

It's not like the guy pulls up beside him and starts shouting "You Scouse Bastard" or other expletives.

I can't believe the reaction. He's used to playing at Old Trafford and being called a c*nt by 70,000 people but can't handle a fan saying "2-1 mate"?

Makes you think something else was happening that we don't know about - stress, issues in his personal life, bad day, etc.

As you said, it's a huge overreaction from someone who (usually) revels in a bit of "banter."
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #486 on: March 12, 2018, 07:10:35 pm »

I was thinking that and the abuse at Goodison.

Maybe being out of the game for a few years his immune system has got a bit more sensitive, a bit of Irritable Scouse Syndrome.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: March 12, 2018, 07:14:53 pm »
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: March 12, 2018, 07:30:42 pm »

I've been battling Bitters all day on my other Forums. If only I'd had this beauty earlier  ;D

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: March 12, 2018, 07:31:03 pm »
I see only one credible way out of this for cara (if he's not sacked). Give 6 months wages to the charity of the girls choice. Saying sorry is no punishment.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #490 on: March 12, 2018, 07:31:16 pm »
 My  thoughts are  in the studio jamies thinks hes funny giving guests stick mon night football  eg , whats he going to do when thierry henry says to him you werent very good i beat you all the time. spit at him?. He will have to move on gracefully.Maybe take up coaching and earn a living.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #491 on: March 12, 2018, 07:31:55 pm »
The whole thing seems like much ado about nothing to me

Sky news had him on for an entire segment. Seriously, what the fuck like?

Listening to the line of questioning you'd swear he committed a serious crime

Surely there are more important things going on in the world for people to get concerned with?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: March 12, 2018, 07:32:15 pm »

Nice to see that President Manchild doesn't have the monopoly on stupid tweets. :lmao

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #493 on: March 12, 2018, 07:33:19 pm »
I was thinking that and the abuse at Goodison.

Maybe being out of the game for a few years his immune system has got a bit more sensitive, a bit of Irritable Scouse Syndrome.
Didn’t he throw a coin at Arsenal fans a few years ago.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: March 12, 2018, 07:34:32 pm »
Didn’t he throw a coin at Arsenal fans a few years ago.

Yeah, in 01/02 when he was still playing.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #495 on: March 12, 2018, 07:35:28 pm »
I think the worst thing Carra's done in all this is inflict more Thierry Henry on us.

After a couple of weeks of him even Everton and United fans will be begging for him back.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #496 on: March 12, 2018, 07:36:11 pm »
What a dumb argument to make. :lmao

I have to say I agreed with most of howes hounds post
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: March 12, 2018, 07:37:07 pm »

That was a nine-day wonder with all the 'could have killed or at the very least blinded half of North London' shouts from the Papers   :D

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #498 on: March 12, 2018, 07:40:43 pm »
I've been battling Bitters all day on my other Forums. If only I'd had this beauty earlier  ;D

Why you battling them?

not exactly mr Liverpool on sky is he? Souness is on our side way more than him
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline archie

• bald. Our man in Moscow. And a bloody decent chap. MIA, last seen babysitting.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • you're due a duechers
« Reply #499 on: March 12, 2018, 07:40:47 pm »

Surely there are more important things going on in the world for people to get concerned with?

Part of his punishment I'd imagine.

Having to take his medicine live on air part of the deal.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: March 12, 2018, 07:41:05 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/50rEsOwKdWI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/50rEsOwKdWI</a>

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: March 12, 2018, 07:51:01 pm »
Why you battling them?

not exactly mr Liverpool on sky is he? Souness is on our side way more than him

It's a stick to beat Liverpool with, dredging up all the old shit throwing at the Anny Road, Diouf, any old historical rubbish.

Pointing out that Carra spent his formative life as an Evertonian still doesn't stop em, it's weird, can see what folk mean about the loons on GOT now  :o

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: March 12, 2018, 07:57:41 pm »
Spitting is disgusting but the overreaction is ridiculous. it's a moment of madness that's happened and he has apologized. Move on. 

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #503 on: March 12, 2018, 08:00:50 pm »
Wasnt there a pissing incident in a bar or something? Or flashing?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: March 12, 2018, 08:03:03 pm »
What I can't wrap my head around is that he must have known he was being filmed. What the fuck was he thinking? Or why wasn't he thinking?

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #505 on: March 12, 2018, 08:08:23 pm »
Either we have many angelic, controlled and rational people on this forum or plenty of hypocrites. Looking at the vitriol and bile that’s given out after every game we lose, I’d say the latter.

If you’re over the age of 12 and have never done something you profoundly regret, that makes you blush with shame and wish you could wind back the clock, then you’re a very unusual, (boring?), person.

Carragher was an aggressive, gritty player and didn’t lose these qualities the minute he hung up his boots. That’s not to excuse his actions and I’ll guarantee he doesn’t want to be excused, but it shouldn’t be difficult for most of us to understand him and maybe some of us will admit ‘there but for the grace of god ……………..’

In the heat of the moment he’s done something shameful and now has to take his punishment. He’s also been stupid. Working in the public eye you get the big money but you’re the potential target of every dickhead armed with phone camera. Which is why anyone who chooses a public career these days either has to have the skin of a rhino or be mind-numbingly bland.

Jamie walked right into the trap. Dumb. Would Mr. Bigmouth Manc have tried his luck face-to-face with Carragher behind closed doors, no cameras present? Are you kidding? He’s done what we see on the pitch every week, goaded someone, dived and called on the ref for punishment, and he’s won.

It's not a case of hypocrisy though is it? It's a case of someone spotting a celeb close by and from what I heard on the vid more a case of an irritating but certainly a mild wind-up drawing an infantile reaction. Carra was out of order in his disgusting over-the-top response - no doubt about that. Fucking hate spitting and the fact that he had to wind DOWN his window instead of up tells me he totally lost the plot and deliberately gobbed. What a clown. A few hundred grand gob eh?
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #506 on: March 12, 2018, 08:22:43 pm »
Well don’t post it then. Have a week off for posting nonsense

:wellin :thumbup :wellin :thumbup
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: March 12, 2018, 08:32:24 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/50rEsOwKdWI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/50rEsOwKdWI</a>

:lmao :lmao :lmao
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: March 12, 2018, 08:32:53 pm »
What I can't wrap my head around is that he must have known he was being filmed. What the fuck was he thinking? Or why wasn't he thinking?

It doesn't make much sense to me, neither does the fact that Carragher decides to wind down his window at the very first time the guy does a little beep, you just would never wind down your window unless the guy had already been giving him loads of abuse. He must get beeps all the time every day, no way he would wind it down immediately.

I reckon the guy was giving him dogs abuse then Carragher gave him the finger or something so he thought he'd get his phone out and go for another burst and get it on video, but never would have expected that.

Obviously thats all a big guess from nothing but I think thats possible, but so are many things.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #509 on: March 12, 2018, 08:37:31 pm »
Makes you think something else was happening that we don't know about - stress, issues in his personal life, bad day, etc.

As you said, it's a huge overreaction from someone who (usually) revels in a bit of "banter."
I also suspect the video the public has seen is a huge cut down of the original version in order to paint Jamie in as bad a light as possible...

Before anyone jumps down my neck, that's not a defence of his actions but an indictment on how the UK press operate. Lies by omission!

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #510 on: March 12, 2018, 08:38:07 pm »

My sentiments exactly. Its turned into the type of hysterical social-media fuelled hullabaloo that the mainstream media feed off like fuckin leeches

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #511 on: March 12, 2018, 08:38:53 pm »

I’ll tell you why he was on for that long, because Sky aren’t sacking him.  Yes they grilled him, but this is the beginning of their PR to get people back on his side. It’s working already! If they wanted him out, they’d have him the way they did Keys and Gray. Keys ran straight to Talksport to do an interview to get his side of the story out and Sky wouldn’t give him that platform.  So I think Sky giving Carragher that chance today to apologise profoundly and shows that they are willing to give him another chance. I could be very wrong and they might make an example of him and get rid, but if his employers feel this is a very isolated incident he’ll get another chance. That’s the difference with Keys and Gray, it wasn’t isolated and the two of them thought they owned the place and could do what ever the fuck they wanted
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #512 on: March 12, 2018, 08:39:18 pm »
Do what, spit on a 14 year old girl? Each to their own, it's fucking vile.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: March 12, 2018, 08:41:33 pm »
It's a stick to beat Liverpool with, dredging up all the old shit throwing at the Anny Road, Diouf, any old historical rubbish.

Pointing out that Carra spent his formative life as an Evertonian still doesn't stop em, it's weird, can see what folk mean about the loons on GOT now  :o

They genuinely need psychiatric help some of them

Their lives are the hatred and bringing down of Liverpool FC. It parallels any hatred in the world, fans of other clubs never believe you until they see proof

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: March 12, 2018, 08:50:39 pm »
Not sure if he should be sacked or not, not arsed anyway.

Not sure whether all the reaction to it is over the top or not.

But I am sure I know how I would feel if he gobbed all over my 14 year old daughter.

Sky will just be weighing up the public reaction to this and assessing the PR hit to their brand. Once they have decided it’s tangible he’ll be a goner. As good as a pundit I actually think he is, sky won’t care about that, it’s not like there will be a shortage of former pros looking to take his place.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: March 12, 2018, 08:58:21 pm »
Saw the interview

Gets particularly upset when asked about his family. Hasn't spoke to them, possibly in the doghouse for putting their lifestyle on the line. He'll have plenty of wedge but if he's sacked the income goes, the media career finished.

Then there's the dad and his family. They'll probably get dogs abuse from
Some and pulled up for being money grabbers, bullied at school

Poor decisions made all round

A horrible moment for both parties.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: March 12, 2018, 09:02:48 pm »
Sky will just be weighing up the public reaction to this and assessing the PR hit to their brand. Once they have decided it’s tangible he’ll be a goner. As good as a pundit I actually think he is, sky won’t care about that, it’s not like there will be a shortage of former pros looking to take his place.

Public reaction is all important, football is basically huge gang warfare

United fans are very level headed about it and think like most it's over the top and the dad is a bad bellend aswell

Everton fans are quite quite different. They alone could get him the sack. They've taken to cyberspace about it like the flying monkeys in the wizard of oz and won't be stopping. Ever

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: March 12, 2018, 09:05:44 pm »
Kinell the bitters are celebrating this like they've won the Champions League, meme /Video posts all over the place [emoji23]

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: March 12, 2018, 09:08:10 pm »
Kinell the bitters are celebrating this like they've won the Champions League, meme /Video posts all over the place [emoji23]

Best thing they've had to celebrate since Gerrard slipping tbf

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: March 12, 2018, 09:10:36 pm »
Not sure if he should be sacked or not, not arsed anyway.

Not sure whether all the reaction to it is over the top or not.

But I am sure I know how I would feel if he gobbed all over my 14 year old daughter.

You can tell all the Dad was thinking about was the money.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA