Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3277682 times)

Offline Suedehead

• Smooth operator.......
  • Main Stander
  • Respectful MUFC fan // Long-time lurker
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #12720 on: January 14, 2021, 12:24:06 pm »
Ha ha fair enough.

Yeah I'm not riled by it. The "lad banter" they have between themselves is a bit secondary school for me. So to see former professional footballers engage is weird.  It's all for show obviously.

If we win on Sunday, Carra puts something else out and Liverpool fans pile on Neville.

Similarly if you win, Neville puts something else out and the next time you get beat/draw/ knocked off top spot the circus continues.

Spot on... it was mildly amusing at first, all a bit churlish and tedious now. Clickbait nonsense. Can only see it ramping up though if it does become a title race.

Offline Suedehead

• Smooth operator.......
  • Main Stander
  • Respectful MUFC fan // Long-time lurker
« Reply #12721 on: January 14, 2021, 12:27:21 pm »
Have they? They've had to come from behind in pretty much every away game haven't they? Winning thanks to penalties and spawny deflections.

I think we've won one away game through a penalty - Bruno at the death. It WAS a penalty, and Brighton had a pen in the same game.

No pens scored in our away wins at Newcastle, Everton, Southampton, West Ham, Sheff Utd, Burnley, or in the draw at Leicester.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12722 on: January 14, 2021, 12:52:09 pm »
I can't believe those Clattenburg quotes.

Tainted titles indeed!

Not to mention a former high profile ref very publicly suggesting that Klopp is trying to influence a ref...and then going on to say that Mane and Salah dive as well and that Tierney won't fall for it.  Nicely putting it into Tierney's head that Klopp is trying to manipulate him whilst simultaneously manipulating him into trying to ignore any fouls on our lads.

Clattenburg of course can not be censured by anyone as he's just stating an opinion and not employed by anyone associated with the game. If you were being paranoid you might suggest a certain former manager he'd already mentioned might have even had a word in his ear ahead of a rather big game. Fortunately there's no evidence at all that they are in any way chummy, so we can dismiss that idea.

...oh!

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #12723 on: January 14, 2021, 01:07:01 pm »
heard they've won the league!
Congratulations Ole :lmao
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #12724 on: January 14, 2021, 01:32:17 pm »
I think we've won one away game through a penalty - Bruno at the death. It WAS a penalty, and Brighton had a pen in the same game.

No pens scored in our away wins at Newcastle, Everton, Southampton, West Ham, Sheff Utd, Burnley, or in the draw at Leicester.

You mean the one given AFTER the final whistle because a player that was facing away from the ball supposedly handled it after it came from about 3 feet away? Okay mate.

How about your pens at home then? Deflected winner against Burnley the other night or Rashford's flukey goal against Wolves?

How about Pogba telling Shaw to dive V Aston Villa before later diving for a penalty himself to win the game?

The point is, you're where you are down to a combination of things. A lot is to do with our own inefficiency, but United have benefited from dodgy as fuck decisions, flukey deflected goals & a settled and largely injury free team. Mainly the decisions though. You've had 20 penalties in the league in the last season and a half, at least 50% of which are dubious as fuck. In comparison in that time, we've had 11 and City have had 15, despite both teams spending a considerable amount more time in the opposition box.

I'm not saying there's a conspiracy or that refs are biased. I'm just saying you've been very fortunate with on field decisions consistently for 18 months now.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 01:53:18 pm by MJD-L4 »

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12725 on: January 14, 2021, 01:32:39 pm »
Not to mention a former high profile ref very publicly suggesting that Klopp is trying to influence a ref...and then going on to say that Mane and Salah dive as well and that Tierney won't fall for it.  Nicely putting it into Tierney's head that Klopp is trying to manipulate him whilst simultaneously manipulating him into trying to ignore any fouls on our lads.

Clattenburg of course can not be censured by anyone as he's just stating an opinion and not employed by anyone associated with the game. If you were being paranoid you might suggest a certain former manager he'd already mentioned might have even had a word in his ear ahead of a rather big game. Fortunately there's no evidence at all that they are in any way chummy, so we can dismiss that idea.

...oh!
Maybe Fergie has handed over his "photographs" to Ole. :)

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12726 on: January 14, 2021, 01:37:50 pm »
We really arguing about deflected winners?  ;D  There a good team not as good as at our best obviously but it's a unique season and due to circumstances they can just about challenge.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12727 on: January 14, 2021, 01:44:22 pm »
We really arguing about deflected winners?  ;D 
No, I think posters are pointing out the glut of good fortune that has gone their way in the recent past. This is germane because good fortune tends not to last, so if it is good fortune then there will be a drop off.

Obviously those Liverpool fans who are obsessed with bigging this lot up and who bizarrely seem to get outraged at any dimunition of Manchester Utd's greatness on a Liverpool forum (how could such a thing possibly happen???!!!), won't like seeing such posts.

"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12728 on: January 14, 2021, 01:47:34 pm »
No, I think posters are pointing out the glut of good fortune that has gone their way in the recent past. This is germane because good fortune tends not to last, so if it is good fortune then there will be a drop off.

Obviously those Liverpool fans who are obsessed with bigging this lot up and who bizarrely seem to get outraged at any dimunition of Manchester Utd's greatness on a Liverpool forum (how could such a thing possibly happen???!!!), won't like seeing such posts.

In my old workplace there were about 11 people in my department and when the Brexit results came out more than half of them were delighted. Isn’t it bizarre being in a minority yet still knowing you’re completely right? ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #12729 on: January 14, 2021, 02:33:26 pm »

Possibly.  Or it's the work of a certain Head of PR for the Mancs who used to work for a certain scummy tabloid, previous to which he worked at the paper in which these Clattenburg quotes appeared.
Believer

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12730 on: January 14, 2021, 02:41:00 pm »
Possibly.  Or it's the work of a certain Head of PR for the Mancs who used to work for a certain scummy tabloid, previous to which he worked at the paper in which these Clattenburg quotes appeared.
Why are we always on the defensive in questions like this? manu may be a global powerhouse but so are we. How does are PR infrastructure  let them get away with it? If we've got to fight fire with fire then do it.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12731 on: January 14, 2021, 02:43:37 pm »
Why are we always on the defensive in questions like this? manu may be a global powerhouse but so are we. How does are PR infrastructure  let them get away with it? If we've got to fight fire with fire then do it.
Because they are the establishment club who have loads of friends in the media who will work hard for them, whereas we are not and we don't.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12732 on: January 14, 2021, 02:57:40 pm »
It's all gone a bit Blue Moon forum in here

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12733 on: January 14, 2021, 03:01:55 pm »
Such a cheap jibe to cover up lack of understanding. Still, thank goodness you're here to Tell It Like It Is.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12734 on: January 14, 2021, 03:03:15 pm »
Even honest Mancs know these are shite.

BBC doing a combined 11, like any of them get in our side :lmao

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55551804

Henderson, Bailly (when fit), Fernandes, Rashford, Cavani and Greenwood would be decent options of the bench for us.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12735 on: January 14, 2021, 03:06:24 pm »
I think some people forget how followed Man u are all over the country and the influence they have, in the years living around London I honestly couldn't believe how packed places where with Man U fans on games they had v other London clubs. Even met lots of Manc fans living in the north east which was really odd. Always remember going into a pub near Portsmouth too for us playing the mancs and there was literally 1 guy in a Liverpool shirt in there surrounded by an entire pub full of man shirts. We twated them so I put on my best southern accent that day at the bar ;D

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12736 on: January 14, 2021, 03:10:52 pm »
If you are a Liverpool fan the evidence of your own eyes would instinctively show you that something is going on this season. If you're not a Liverpool fan then you would see it as paranoia.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #12737 on: January 14, 2021, 03:17:22 pm »
If you are a Liverpool fan the evidence of your own eyes would instinctively show you that something is going on this season. If you're not a Liverpool fan then you would see it as paranoia.

Which is what was levelled at us last season..

I'm not saying it's not suspicious how their games are refereed, but in equal parts I don't buy into a global PR/media/refs conspiracy.

Because again. That is exactly what those tin foil hat weirdos were saying last year.
It's bananas

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12738 on: January 14, 2021, 03:52:56 pm »

Tainted titles indeed!

Coming from someone who was suspended for a year from refereeing because od suspicious finances, and cut short his refereeing career to go and work for the Saudis, replacing Howard Webb ...

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12739 on: January 14, 2021, 03:53:45 pm »

I'm not saying it's not suspicious how their games are refereed, but in equal parts I don't buy into a global PR/media/refs conspiracy.

Because again. That is exactly what those tin foil hat weirdos were saying last year.
It's bananas

To be fair, blueloon is almost exclusively filled with tin foil hat conspiracy theories.

There's not that many people in here spouting that stuff.

Most are just saying what we see, which is United being incredibly fortunate with refereeing decisions over what has now become a sustained period of time.

Do I think the FA/PGMOL/PL are actively trying to prop United up? No.

Do I think they're currently top of the league because the consistency and general competency of our officials is appalling? Absolutely.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12740 on: January 14, 2021, 03:54:41 pm »
Henderson, Bailly (when fit), Fernandes, Rashford, Cavani and Greenwood would be decent options of the bench for us.

Cavani looks 50
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #12741 on: January 14, 2021, 04:21:35 pm »
Is the game bent?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12742 on: January 14, 2021, 04:38:19 pm »
People have short memories

Howard Webb in a United shirt, Fergie's Association, the facts Rafa laid out about Ferguson

We've always been calling them out

I think there probably is a big club bias in the league to an extent, and there's no club that benefits more than United from it

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12743 on: January 14, 2021, 04:42:22 pm »

With more than a touch of the GrandOldTeam conspiracy/chip on the shoulder vibe for added flavour.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12744 on: January 14, 2021, 04:51:27 pm »
I’m not sure questioning how an ex-referee openly saying he used to favour United, without any repercussions, is quite the same as the tin hatted madness on Bluemoon but whatever floats your boat
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12745 on: January 14, 2021, 05:02:09 pm »

It's bananas

How can you claim that on the back of what Clattenburg has actually just said? That interview was extraordinary. Another point from that interview when he casually says "it's not happening now!" how does he prove that? Just incredible, its outrageous that the press are dealing more with his comments about Klopp, then what Clattenburg said about favouring United.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 05:03:59 pm by jillc »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12746 on: January 14, 2021, 05:10:29 pm »

Tainted titles indeed!
But you can believe it, that’s the thing.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12747 on: January 14, 2021, 05:13:28 pm »
To be fair, blueloon is almost exclusively filled with tin foil hat conspiracy theories.

There's not that many people in here spouting that stuff.

Most are just saying what we see, which is United being incredibly fortunate with refereeing decisions over what has now become a sustained period of time.

Do I think the FA/PGMOL/PL are actively trying to prop United up? No.

Do I think they're currently top of the league because the consistency and general competency of our officials is appalling? Absolutely.

That's been going on for years, Whiskey nose had the twats dancing to his tune for years.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12748 on: January 14, 2021, 05:17:21 pm »
That's been going on for years, Whiskey nose had the twats dancing to his tune for years.

That just sounds like a mad conspiracy theory Rob. Where’s the proof? There’d surely be evidence. It’s not like one of the top referees of the time has come out and said as much.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #12749 on: January 14, 2021, 05:18:45 pm »
That just sounds like a mad conspiracy theory Rob. Where’s the proof? There’d surely be evidence. It’s not like one of the top referees of the time has come out and said as much.

Tantamount to admitting cheating. Nothing will come of it. The boys at the FA will have a bit of a laugh over it and chuckle at Good old Fergie.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12750 on: January 14, 2021, 05:29:09 pm »

I don't think we'll hear the real truth about a lot of the things Ferguson did until he pops his clogs.

Whenever that time comes, I think there will be a few more open revelations akin to Clattenburgs comments.

Having said that, I don't think there's a general bias or conspiracy within the FA or Officials, just that the referees (as individuals) were shit scared to get on the wrong side of him. Any revelations would most likely be former referees memories of conversations before matches with red face trying to influence them & such.

Ferguson was such a revered and respected figure in the sport (the media loved him) that he had a lot of influence to the point that if a referee irked him enough, Ferguson could make enough noise to negatively impact the refs career. I wouldn't be surprised if he reminded officials of this in person before matches.

It's as much the fault of the media imo, painting him as an untouchable authority figure, almost like a dictator.

Get on his bad side, you're finished.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12751 on: January 14, 2021, 06:11:00 pm »
I think the most rational  supporters  can see we are being rode by refs and Var this season. Like we could all see it in the Fergie years . Howard Webb - what a corrupt c*nt .

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #12752 on: January 14, 2021, 10:06:29 pm »
Yes, look forward to seeing the look on Neville's face when he has analyse afterwards.  ;D

He won't be seen for dust.  He's somehow managed to wangle his way out of every success defining moment we've had.  He's a yellow bastard.  And a fucking scruffy one at that.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #12753 on: January 14, 2021, 10:34:14 pm »
i forgot just how obnoxious utd fans can be (i dont actually give a shit but wow, really? going that hard that early? damn), lmao it's a jizzfest because... they went top of the league

fair play, be happy but fuck my life, you'd think they just done the double, i am genuinely gobsmacked by the over reaction, maybe it just shows how far they'd fallen, i dont know
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:36:36 pm by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #12754 on: January 14, 2021, 11:27:11 pm »
Even honest Mancs know these are shite.

BBC doing a combined 11, like any of them get in our side :lmao

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55551804

yeah i started doing it, just for something to do, and i was like well, none of theirs are getting in - the only one on stats that you try to find a place for is fernandes but you're not taking out thiago, fabino or hendo for him (i went 4-3-3), mix isn't right

i imagine utd fans would want bassaka in over trent but he gives you nothing going forward, tho better defensively (been pretty shit for most of the season tho, as has trent to be honest)
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12755 on: January 15, 2021, 12:12:47 am »
i forgot just how obnoxious utd fans can be (i dont actually give a shit but wow, really? going that hard that early? damn), lmao it's a jizzfest because... they went top of the league

fair play, be happy but fuck my life, you'd think they just done the double, i am genuinely gobsmacked by the over reaction, maybe it just shows how far they'd fallen, i dont know
It's like they've forgotten that they aren't as good as the likes of Spurs, City, Chelsea, or even Everton or Leicester, who are all currently sniffing the arse of being at the top of the league. Like, they've all been forgotten about. And there's also the small case of us, you know, the world beating champions being up there. But look out, boys: all hail Ole's Galacticos. They've gone top for all but two days, and they're blowing their loads all over the place. It's done. It's over. Might as well give them the title now.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12756 on: January 15, 2021, 12:50:38 am »

That was the game where Brighton hit the bar about 5 times wasn't it?

And at the death was after the whistle had gone

Fair enough, you have shown a good winning mentality. Just can't see it lasting for a title bid with the lack of control you have in games. Feels like every team has a chance against you.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12757 on: January 15, 2021, 01:30:23 am »
TBF to Clattenburg he was one of the few refs who didn't give a fuck for Ferguson. Our best ref by far back then. Haven't fully read the malicious piece but doesn't he sort of confirm it was going on back then which was pretty obvious to most of us. This c*nt they have running their PR's paws are all over this pile of shite. Disappointed with Clattenburg. Thought he was better than this, although he does insinuate whisky nose was a bullying twat who got away with murder from what others have said about it. United have always had influence within the game going back to Sir Matt. Gill is another conniving c*nt and Edwards before him
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12758 on: January 15, 2021, 01:44:44 am »
It's like they've forgotten that they aren't as good as the likes of Spurs, City, Chelsea, or even Everton or Leicester, who are all currently sniffing the arse of being at the top of the league. Like, they've all been forgotten about. And there's also the small case of us, you know, the world beating champions being up there. But look out, boys: all hail Ole's Galacticos. They've gone top for all but two days, and they're blowing their loads all over the place. It's done. It's over. Might as well give them the title now.

Their implosion will be all the sweeter though. Oh, how we will rejoice in their humiliation and it will fucking burn inside their thick, minging, manc, heads. Be patient my friends, it will be worth the wait
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #12759 on: January 15, 2021, 02:00:58 am »
Indeed. Better to ignore it rather than make waves, eh? Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, even though on this occasion he has popped his head out and is shouting 'Look at me, I'm here!' while a brass band plays.

Kloppo has also said a few words about them and what they are getting away with, as did Rafa. You can be sure that both are extremely circumspect and guarded so that what they openly say might well be only a tiny fraction of what they really think. Clearly this means both are paid up bLUE mOoNeRs who have posters of Shaun Goater on their walls.

It's just a lazy way for someone thin-skinned who is worried that people Might Take The Piss to try and shut down any discussion. There's nothing new about Utd being the establishment club - by which, of course, we mean the football establishment and the sports broadcasters and media, not the Queen and the Privy Council and the landed gentry, ffs - and nothing new about the fact that they have a lot of friendly journalists and broadcasters who will go out to bat for them. They're not the only club like that; Spurs and West Ham. for example, have always had a disproportionately high level of championing in the media as well. It's not a conspiracy theory, it's just acknowledging that some clubs have more media clout, often for historic reasons but also because they purposefully court the media and use it. In fact you could cast it as a positive trait rather than a criticism; just as some clubs were among the first to see the possibiities of the business world and the megastore and the worldwise fanbase etc, so some are better at using the media than others.

It's more a case that we lack such 'champions' in the media than anything else. I mean look at how many ex-players we have in the media and how little support they seem to give, compared to other clubs who's ex-players seem more openly and unashamedly partisan.  That's why no-one has taken Klopp's words and built on them, investigated; why no-one built on Coote's bungling and our response to it etc.

And again, that's no surprise. the wheels of change in the media grind slowly; it takes ages for accepted 'truths' and positions to alter. For much of the recent past Liverpool has been a pariah city; you know all this, the whys and wherefores, I don't need to go into it all again. These things have an effect, and cast long shadows.

And because we in Liverpool have a fuck 'em, and a 'we climb the hill in our own way' attitude rather than a 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' one, it's not something that we will compromise ourselves to change. So get used to it. Accept it. But don't try and pretend it ain't there.

Woo, agueero, Manchester City, Manchester City, 'ang on 'ang on 'ang on wibble (that's to make our more nervous and frightened members feel better  8))