Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3118920 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #22440 on: May 23, 2022, 10:57:54 pm »
Mac might be crazy but he's RAWK crazy..

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22441 on: May 23, 2022, 10:59:32 pm »
#Mbappe2025

Kylian Mbappe:

“I was in talks with Jürgen Klopp to join Liverpool.

The project I liked, the stadium, the fans, the team, outstanding but I had to stay in my country. In the future who knows.” [Telegraph]

To be honest, all the respectable French sources have reported this months ago ...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22442 on: May 23, 2022, 11:00:17 pm »
No thanks.

He's no Almirón or Sancho that's for sure.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22443 on: May 23, 2022, 11:00:57 pm »
Actually, we were in the running quite until the end, but then the bidding war between PSG and Real Madrid went out of control. Still, it is your prerogative to think that we are not big enough ...

Shut your trap and don't put words into my mouth. I never said we weren't big enough. The simple fact of the matter is we were never going to pay the ridiculous numbers he was looking for.  He has chosen money over legacy. Good luck to the player but he will never play for the reds and I for one am not fussed in the slightest.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22444 on: May 23, 2022, 11:01:19 pm »
#Mbappe2025
It shows our pull really. We are going for the best players.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #22445 on: May 23, 2022, 11:03:01 pm »
Yeah, Klopp basically said the other week we were interested but the money was mental

Same with Haaland, explored the possibility but once they heard the players demands, walked away.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22446 on: May 23, 2022, 11:03:32 pm »
We are going to have a hard job convincing everyone we don't have any money and that they need to lower their prices this summer now!

Not a surprise though- we are one of the top 3 most desirable destinations for talented players who want to work hard and improve

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #22447 on: May 23, 2022, 11:03:33 pm »
🚨🎙| AS Monaco’s sporting director Paul Mitchell: “Who I'd rather sell Tchouaméni to between Madrid and Liverpool? I don't have a preference. The offers need to be VERY aggressive.” @RMCsport #rmalive

https://youtu.be/6mIeKTVJeaU

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22448 on: May 23, 2022, 11:05:13 pm »
Pete the Red was right and now I’m doubting everything in my life????!!!

You should listen to me more often ;)

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22449 on: May 23, 2022, 11:07:13 pm »
No Mbappe or Haaland this summer.

Fine, fine.  Will just have to settle for N'Kunku, Tchouameni, Bellingham, Felix before getting Mbappe in 2025.

Or...

Announce Harry Kane!  ;D
King Kenny.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22450 on: May 23, 2022, 11:09:34 pm »
We should sign the "next" Mbappe.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22451 on: May 23, 2022, 11:11:06 pm »
I still don’t believe he’s been given control of anything in psg. Not to say the best players don’t have a say at some clubs I just don’t believe it is in his contract.

Wonder what our offer was. My guess is less than half of what he’s getting.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22452 on: May 23, 2022, 11:13:02 pm »
Shut your trap and don't put words into my mouth. I never said we weren't big enough. The simple fact of the matter is we were never going to pay the ridiculous numbers he was looking for.  He has chosen money over legacy. Good luck to the player but he will never play for the reds and I for one am not fussed in the slightest.

The reality is, no one at these bords has the slightest idea what are we willing to pay for the right player. We can only guess (like I am guessing that we won't pay €80 million for Tchouameni), but that's it. So, less definitive statements, and more fun in the transfer thread. This news should be a lesson to all of you glass-half-empty fellas ...

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22453 on: May 23, 2022, 11:13:18 pm »
I'd imagine we made a serious offer back in 2017 (I remember the stories of us meeting him; he confirms it below).  We'd probably kept in touch since but doubt the figures were in our range at any point in recent years.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1528860978200293376

Kylian Mbappé tells
@TeleFootball
: “I talked to Liverpool because it’s the favourite club of my mum, my mum loves Liverpool… I don’t know why, you will have to ask her!” 🔴 #LFC

“It’s a good club and we met them five years ago. When I was in Monaco I met them. It’s a big club”.
King Kenny.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #22454 on: May 23, 2022, 11:13:59 pm »
I hope your ma disowns you, you stupid twat
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22455 on: May 23, 2022, 11:14:56 pm »
Mbappe's ma should clip him round the ear the daft twat.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22456 on: May 23, 2022, 11:18:11 pm »
I still don’t believe he’s been given control of anything in psg. Not to say the best players don’t have a say at some clubs I just don’t believe it is in his contract.

Wonder what our offer was. My guess is less than half of what he’s getting.

I'd guess that our offer was heavilly linked with the royalties we are getting from Nike. The main reason why Mbappe's deal with Real Madrid collapsed is because they wanted 50% of his image rights. The deals for this type of players are never straight forward like the other normal deals ...
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 11:20:50 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22457 on: May 23, 2022, 11:20:21 pm »
Listen to your mother Kylian.

#Mbappe2025

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22458 on: May 23, 2022, 11:20:52 pm »
my feelings exactly.  regardless of the talent, he's a one-man circus.  we don't do circuses.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #22459 on: May 23, 2022, 11:27:19 pm »
What this shows is we are one of the most attractive final destinations in world football. 

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22460 on: May 23, 2022, 11:29:14 pm »
The reality is, no one at these bords has the slightest idea what are we willing to pay for the right player. We can only guess (like I am guessing that we won't pay €80 million for Tchouameni), but that's it. So, less definitive statements, and more fun in the transfer thread. This news should be a lesson to all of you glass-half-empty fellas ...

No. I will make a definitive statement.  We were never ever going to pay what he was demanding. And he will never ever play for Liverpool football club. We move.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22461 on: May 23, 2022, 11:30:02 pm »
The bottom line is, he has done what is best for him. He has secured his future, and will stay at his home town until the age of 26. If he wants a new challenge by then, he will still be entering his peak years ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22462 on: May 23, 2022, 11:32:28 pm »
No. I will make a definitive statement.  We were never ever going to pay what he was demanding. And he will never ever play for Liverpool football club. We move.

Unless you are willing to bet your genitals on it, you should never make statements like that ;D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #22463 on: May 23, 2022, 11:33:58 pm »
Wonder if Mbappe and his ma were sorted in the ballot?
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22464 on: May 23, 2022, 11:39:16 pm »
I dont think talks with Mbappe ever really took off and were over quite quickly.. The figures branded about were way more than anything we would pay, we don’t work like that. I just don’t see us paying one player that sort of wage when we have the best keeper in the world, the best CB, the best DM and the best forward. can imagine they would have been quickly knocking on Klopps door for a renewal.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22465 on: May 23, 2022, 11:41:34 pm »
I say we start the long con game. Invite Mbappe's ma to Anfield and giver her VIP treatment for all games. In 2025 Kylian then signs for us as he wants to make his ma proud.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22466 on: May 23, 2022, 11:46:22 pm »

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #22467 on: May 24, 2022, 12:01:07 am »
Never doubted we enquired about him and that he even entertained it for a split second but he's just proven it was still complete fantasy.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22468 on: May 24, 2022, 12:13:59 am »
Signing Mbappe is not a fantasy. It is just not a good business decision for us, and we like good business decisions. We are at a point where we actually don't need such an expensive player, unlike PSG or Real Madrid, who are desperate for a player like him. With us, our manager is the superstar, and he can always attract enough top talent under reasonable financial terms for us to be competitive. Therefore, people shouldn't be worried about other clubs signing Mbappe and Haaland, or about Salah's and Mane's contract situations still being unresolved. We are dealing from a position of power ...

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22469 on: May 24, 2022, 12:19:17 am »
Fuck me, Mac was actually right! Was never going to happen anyway but I'm surprised we got to that point.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22470 on: May 24, 2022, 12:20:30 am »
Do you think Mbappe's ma reads RAWK?

I thnik she'd be a big fan of Al if she did.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22471 on: May 24, 2022, 12:25:32 am »
Not sure what everyone's arguing about. Us being interested, Mbappe being willing to come here but demanding absurd money and us walking away, it pretty much feels like the consensus we all reached a long time ago?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #22472 on: May 24, 2022, 12:26:02 am »

Having actually read the article, he's referencing when he left Monaco. Another Ronaldo what if and nothing more.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #22473 on: May 24, 2022, 12:35:30 am »
PSG have proved by their transfer activity what we all knew from the moment a State took control: they’re the very epitome of a recent phenomenon - a human rights abusing, medieval, male-dominated, artificially wealthy (because they sit on oil) country using the world’s most popular sport to ‘wash’ their international image.

Kylian Mbappe has proved by his decisions that PSG and he deserve one another.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22474 on: May 24, 2022, 12:37:57 am »
Not sure what everyone's arguing about. Us being interested, Mbappe being willing to come here but demanding absurd money and us walking away, it pretty much feels like the consensus we all reached a long time ago?

It is a huge difference between DEMANDING absurd money, and BEING OFFERED absurd money, once the ridiculous bidding war kicked off between Real Madrid and PSG at the start of the year. Once the dick swinging contest started, we have wisely withdrew, and signed Diaz instead. It was completely in line with our established policy, but make no mistake, we were serious players in this game, until things went out of control.

The reality is, we are big players in the transfer market now. We are still conducting our business wisely, but we can afford every player in the World. The good thing is, we are not dependant on "marquee" signings, because we are a machine operated by the best manager in the World. These are exciting times, especially for the transfer addicts ;)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 01:01:52 am by PeterTheRed »

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22475 on: May 24, 2022, 12:47:56 am »
Having actually read the article, he's referencing when he left Monaco. Another Ronaldo what if and nothing more.

Nope, he is clearly saying that we were talking to his representatives this time too, but it was only Real Madrid and PSG who stayed in the auction ...

It was, Mbappé reveals, not just a straight fight between Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid to sign the 23-year-old who is universally regarded as the most valuable footballer on the planet. He also spoke to Liverpool.

“We talked a little bit, but not too much. We talked a little bit,” Mbappé cautiously confirms before adding that Liverpool actually had a greater chance of signing him when it was time for him to leave Monaco and before he joined PSG in 2017. In fact, he has never hidden his admiration for Liverpool or the football they play under Jurgen Klopp – and it does seem to be the Premier League club he would consider should he ever leave Paris.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/05/23/kylian-mbappe-exclusive-talked-liverpool-things-not-psg/

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22476 on: May 24, 2022, 12:58:12 am »
Do you think Mbappe's ma reads RAWK?

I thnik she'd be a big fan of Al if she did.

Kylian Mbappe's ma
She loves the scouse RAWK
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22477 on: May 24, 2022, 12:58:44 am »
I agree that we are big players in the market, but I wouldn’t go quite as far as to say we can afford every player in the world. We are managing a top squad, and as soon as we give one player a ridiculous sum, several other world class player will legitimately see that as some sort of new benchmark for them, and next thing you know, the wage bill will sink us.

We pay well, but I like the sense that you have to earn it here.
We pay well, but I also like the sense that the team is the star, and we won’t jeopardize the harmony of the group, or our overall finances, even for someone as shiny as Mbappe.

Like everyone else I’m interested to see what we do this summer in the market. Tchouameni would be ideal, but it looks like he will be off to Real Madrid now. You would have to think another midfielder will be brought in, if not him.

Beyond that, we are waiting to see what happens with, especially, Salah and Mane and their new deals. (I have a sneaky feeling Firmino might even be allowed to run his down).

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #22478 on: May 24, 2022, 01:38:00 am »
MacRed, you sound to me like you're a bit of a Top Trumps type of fan. Obsessed with being 'big' and 'rich' and stuff like that. Off-field comparatives.

I'm much more interested in the soul of the club; the character and humanity of the people within it - esp the manager and players. Keeping away from over-bloated circuses of the Mbappe kind and eschewing the gaudy bling in favour of uncovering the hidden gold out there.

Beyond that all that really matters is the writing on the wall; and that's already been changed twice this season...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22479 on: May 24, 2022, 01:44:35 am »
Mac is a big fan of Coffaffe.