Poll

How do you think Suarez will do at Barcelona?

Better than Messi
Messi level
Sub Messi, better than Eto'o, Ibrahimovic etc. Ronaldinho maybe.
Pedro level
Flop

Author Topic: Luis Suarez  (Read 543343 times)

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
Re: Luis Suarez
« Reply #4040 on: November 9, 2017, 06:19:37 pm »
As much as some people wanted Rodgers to succeed, in the long run we were going nowhere under him. To call us a stepping stone when we've won as many European Cups as Barcelona is an insult though, the day we admit that is the day we give up being a big club.
We as fans might not want to admit it but top players view us as that, we're a category B club in a top players mind

Comedy Gold this. As an ex-player of Liverpool when the shit hit the fan in the summer with Barcelona and Coutinho, Suarez never said anything despite getting bombarded with questions and probably interview requests. If anything i could imagine Barca probably would have encouraged Suarez to ramp up the propaganda and say Coutinho should join Barca like he did but there wasnt a peep from Luis.

I dont agree with retiring unloved. His legacy at Ajax, Liverpool, Barcelona and Uruguay is secure. He barely won fuck all for us but the magic he brought to the table was as good as anything i have seen in a red shirt.

Good post

The lad literally wanted to go to Arsenal until we forced him to stay, he didn't care about us, and I'm not arsed really because he was banging in the goals.

Gerrard literally wanted to go to Chelsea, handed in a transfer request and all that, but I'd never say he didn't care for us.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4041 on: November 9, 2017, 07:06:57 pm »
Rodgers was in charge when Suarez was here, I don't think he was a good enough manager to convince him to stay.

Barcelona have had more recent success but that doesn't make them a bigger club, they'll have their time in the shade like every successful team does. Personally I can't wait for it as they're a bunch of odious c*nts.

And until they have their time in the shade, they are a bigger club than we are.

We haven't won the league in 27 years and we've won one trophy in the last decade. We are literally the definition of a big club that's having their time in the shade. Good luck trying to convince a player we're just as big as Barca with those facts staring us straight in the face.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4042 on: November 9, 2017, 08:29:39 pm »
And until they have their time in the shade, they are a bigger club than we are.

We haven't won the league in 27 years and we've won one trophy in the last decade. We are literally the definition of a big club that's having their time in the shade. Good luck trying to convince a player we're just as big as Barca with those facts staring us straight in the face.

So what is the alternative? Wave all our good players goodbye and live on our past glories? Or do we actually try and rebuild ourselves so that top players see us as a club with a fantastic future as well as past. The bottom line is we have to start somewhere, and fighting to keep our best players together while improving the squad, seems a good place to start. Another thing bugger Barca, they've had enough of our players in the past.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #4043 on: November 9, 2017, 10:12:52 pm »
You are funny guy.

Naw. You're the funny one, in the head, if you believe what you came out with :lmao
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4044 on: November 9, 2017, 10:23:26 pm »
Naw. You're the funny one, in the head, if you believe what you came out with :lmao

Things are looking for up you, you've kept the same name for two weeks.  ;D

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #4045 on: November 9, 2017, 11:09:01 pm »
Things are looking for up you, you've kept the same name for two weeks.  ;D

Shhh, I think i double bluffed em ;)
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4046 on: November 9, 2017, 11:27:42 pm »
Shhh, I think i double bluffed em ;)

We'll see. ;D

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4047 on: November 9, 2017, 11:37:44 pm »
He didn't say anything out of the ordinary. If people are disappointed, as someone said above, then maybe they wrongly thought Suarez had a special connection with Liverpool. He never did. At times I felt people tried to force that because he was so good, but it's just not there.

I never understood the adulation he continued to get even after he left us. He was a great player and a great servant, but it was pretty much strictly professional. He also damaged our reputation a fair bit with all the shit he pulled. He was definitely high maintenance and I can't be arsed with even wanting him back here.
Exactly my thoughts.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4048 on: November 10, 2017, 08:24:36 am »

Sorry mr Twat  :P

Maybe I'm exaggerating, but after the Coutinho saga, i saw what they are capable to do just to accomplish what they want. They bring the dirty propaganda to the whole new level. Totally out of order. I know I'm spitting poison, but i can't help it.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4049 on: November 10, 2017, 08:26:38 am »

Maybe I'm exaggerating, but after the Coutinho saga, i saw what they are capable to do just to accomplish what they want. They bring the dirty propaganda to the whole new level. Totally out of order. I know I'm spitting poison, but i can't help it.

You're just spitting shit to be fair mate, not poison.

Luis is just a fucking nutter when he gets on the pitch, I kind of doubt he even knows who he's playing for when he's playing football. Just wants to win and if he's not he's a horrible little shitbag who doesn't mind biting people.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4050 on: November 10, 2017, 08:34:38 am »
You're just spitting shit to be fair mate, not poison.

Luis is just a fucking nutter when he gets on the pitch, I kind of doubt he even knows who he's playing for when he's playing football. Just wants to win and if he's not he's a horrible little shitbag who doesn't mind biting people.

He had no bitting accident since he joined Barcelona. So your theory that he doesn't know who he's playing for is just bollocks. He knows that Barca won't tolerate such thing, and he would get nailed on the cross by Barca's board.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4051 on: November 10, 2017, 08:47:23 am »
He had no bitting accident since he joined Barcelona. So your theory that he doesn't know who he's playing for is just bollocks. He knows that Barca won't tolerate such thing, and he would get nailed on the cross by Barca's board.

:D

Throughout his entire career, he's had shit like that on the pitch. He bites, he dives, he punches, he whinges, whatever. Its indicative of someone who is a very talented footballer but also a fucking nutter. Not someone who is a very talented footballer and completely calm and collected when he's on the pitch, and anything he does negative is some master plan to get a transfer.

Oh and you misunderstood, my theory wasn't that 'he hasn't bitten anyone because he doesn't know he's playing for Barcelona', it was more tongue in cheek that as soon as he gets on the pitch he gets blinkers on and just wants to win, whatever he might have to do, to achieve that. That he hasn't bitten someone or anything else crazy since he's been at Barcelona I would suggest is more to do with the fact that he's rarely frustrated to the point of doing something nuts, since you know he's been playing alongside Messi and Neymar all that time. He tends not to do it when he's winning
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4052 on: November 10, 2017, 08:52:18 am »

There were three years beween the first and second incident, yes the space between the second and third was much less but you can’t rule out a fourth unless he’s actually changed or until he retires.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #4053 on: November 10, 2017, 09:10:35 am »
never know if people are fishing or are just incredibly thick if they think he bit chiellini to leave us

like he would jeopardize uruguay in a world cup to do that!
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4054 on: November 10, 2017, 09:33:29 am »
:D

Throughout his entire career, he's had shit like that on the pitch. He bites, he dives, he punches, he whinges, whatever. Its indicative of someone who is a very talented footballer but also a fucking nutter. Not someone who is a very talented footballer and completely calm and collected when he's on the pitch, and anything he does negative is some master plan to get a transfer.

Oh and you misunderstood, my theory wasn't that 'he hasn't bitten anyone because he doesn't know he's playing for Barcelona', it was more tongue in cheek that as soon as he gets on the pitch he gets blinkers on and just wants to win, whatever he might have to do, to achieve that. That he hasn't bitten someone or anything else crazy since he's been at Barcelona I would suggest is more to do with the fact that he's rarely frustrated to the point of doing something nuts, since you know he's been playing alongside Messi and Neymar all that time. He tends not to do it when he's winning

I agree with some parts, i disagree with some others. Anyway, now it's not really that important, and i won't continue arguing, because it's pointless. We'll probably know more when he retires, and comes out with a book. I'm out.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #4055 on: November 10, 2017, 11:07:23 am »
He’s carrying an injury.
He was never fully fit while playing for us but now he's 30 and his body type is more towards someone like Rooney than Ronaldo.

It's a beginning of the end for him I'm afraid. He reached his peak in 14/15, now the only way is down.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #4056 on: November 10, 2017, 11:43:58 am »
One of the problems humans have is:-

- Trying to rationalize irrational actions/people
- Looking for patterns in literally EVERYTHING!

There is no thought process there. He is lashing out. If you every visit a favela in south america and watch a competitive game against two neighbourhoods you will see a lot of that. It's pure instinct.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #4057 on: November 10, 2017, 01:48:02 pm »

;)

Fair do mate, but Id bet a lot of money that there were no instructions.

One of the problems humans have is:-

- Trying to rationalize irrational actions/people
- Looking for patterns in literally EVERYTHING!

There is no thought process there. He is lashing out. If you every visit a favela in south america and watch a competitive game against two neighbourhoods you will see a lot of that. It's pure instinct.

Thank you so much for putting that. I wanted to say it but couldnt work out the wording, nor who to justify what Id have put with being in England. I listen to the World Football Podcast with a English bloke called Tim Vikery on every week, who is based your way I believe. I remember him saying the same when Suarez had bitten and the whole Evra thing. Its the fight they have that we working class/middle class have absolutely no idea about. We may think we do, but 99.9% of us would have never had that childhood/experience. Couple that with the talent, and this is what happens. A win at all costs attitude. Maradona the hand of God for another example.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #4058 on: November 11, 2017, 08:42:06 am »
He was never fully fit while playing for us but now he's 30 and his body type is more towards someone like Rooney than Ronaldo.

It's a beginning of the end for him I'm afraid. He reached his peak in 14/15, now the only way is down.
He had two phenomenal seasons after his so-called peak.

I agree with your post though, his style isn't suited to playing into his thirties. Unless he adapts (which he obviously has more than enough talent to do) it'll be a pretty quick rot.

Definitely can play at a high level deeper, although, probably not what Barca are looking for.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #4059 on: November 12, 2017, 08:53:30 am »

He was playing with knocks, not a cyst on his knee. Wouldn't be surprised if this is down to him being rushed back after the previous knee injury in the summer. He would have done it in 2014 as well but that biting ban gave him enough time to recover.

If they give him till january to get himself right, which they should do, and give Alcacer a chancer for now then I think he'll come back fine. If not we'll just keep seeing him struggle on being a half second too slow on most things because he's injured. That'll only further highlight the stupidity over Neymar because it will mean they don't trust anyone else to step in whenever Messi or Suarez pick up an injury.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4060 on: November 24, 2017, 02:59:03 pm »
Posters sometimes say Salah or Bobby are the new Luis, as good as they are this lad was superb, a joy to behold, he was just brilliant - a flawed genius. Just reading some stats from that season, that season where he and the team were brilliant but will always be bittersweet. I cant watch any highlights from that season when Sky show classic matches but thats just me. Anyways those stats;

The Reds scored 101 league goals in that campaign; Suarez scored or assisted 41. The Uruguayan equaled the record for most goals in a 38-game Premier League season, hit ten goals in a single month in December 2013, scored three hat-tricks and broke John Ruddy. Just a few stats, im sure theres more but no way do Bobby or Mo come close to this mad bastard.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #4061 on: November 24, 2017, 03:00:12 pm »
he was a bastard but he was our bastard

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #4062 on: November 24, 2017, 03:05:33 pm »
I cant watch any highlights from that season when Sky show classic matches but thats just me.

It isn't.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4063 on: December 2, 2017, 01:48:13 pm »
Scored against Celta Vigo and is now into the top 10 record goalscorers for Barcelona

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4064 on: December 4, 2017, 10:37:08 pm »
On this day in 2013, he scored those goals against Norwich. 10 in that month too.

Just popped up on my fb. Reminded me why he’s the best Liverpool player I’ve ever seen. Utterly fascinating as a player. That 3rd goal that day...
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #4065 on: December 4, 2017, 11:11:25 pm »
On this day in 2013, he scored those goals against Norwich. 10 in that month too.

Just popped up on my fb. Reminded me why he’s the best Liverpool player I’ve ever seen. Utterly fascinating as a player. That 3rd goal that day...

Can you jog my memory? Was it the one where he flipped the ball over the defender first?

He scored so many crackers against Norwich, it's genuinely hard to keep track!
We are Liverpool!

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4066 on: December 4, 2017, 11:16:30 pm »
Can you jog my memory? Was it the one where he flipped the ball over the defender first?

It was mate

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4067 on: December 4, 2017, 11:28:19 pm »

Yep. But every single goal that night was a corker. The first one was about 35 yards out on the half (ish) volley, then a (half ish) volley from a corner. And the 4th a free kick.

I think it may also have been that night where he struck a volley from the edge of the box from a corner and hit the bar? Would have been the pick of the lot.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4068 on: December 4, 2017, 11:42:56 pm »
Yep. But every single goal that night was a corker. The first one was about 35 yards out on the half (ish) volley, then a (half ish) volley from a corner. And the 4th a free kick.

I think it may also have been that night where he struck a volley from the edge of the box from a corner and hit the bar? Would have been the pick of the lot.

That volley was Arsenal 5-1 game, but indeed those 4 Norwich goals last long in the memory, couldn't believe my eyes really.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Online Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4069 on: December 5, 2017, 05:19:22 am »
I've seen very few balls struck as well as that volley against Arsenal. It's a wonder Suarez finished that game with no goals. We should have scored ten that game! I was a little miffed that we took the foot off the pedal after 60 minutes.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #4070 on: December 5, 2017, 05:42:32 am »
I've seen very few balls struck as well as that volley against Arsenal. It's a wonder Suarez finished that game with no goals. We should have scored ten that game! I was a little miffed that we took the foot off the pedal after 60 minutes.

I'm still miffed at Kolo's open goal miss.

If that one had gone in, it would have been right up there with the best goals I have seen I reckon. The Luis, not the Kolo one obviously1
We are Liverpool!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4071 on: December 11, 2017, 09:34:01 am »

The best first half performance I've ever seen to be honest.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline gallden

• bols
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4072 on: December 11, 2017, 08:19:55 pm »
His header from outside the area was one of my favorites.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4073 on: December 11, 2017, 11:37:15 pm »

You mean "the aly cissokho assist of the century"?

Hahaha it's my favorite Luis worldie as well
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4074 on: December 17, 2017, 10:31:26 pm »
Should've had a hat trick today. scored 2, Messi took the pen, missed it.

Suarez is so fucking unselfish. Should play for Arsenal.  ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4075 on: December 17, 2017, 10:41:58 pm »

Never saw a goal like that.
I was speechless when that went in.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4076 on: December 18, 2017, 12:07:11 pm »
My personal 3 favourites.

The League Cup one against Stoke. Has the ball, is getting jeered - commentator: 'he gets the boos from the Stoke City fans, it's a sound he's getting used to hearing', nutmegs the Stoke defender and curls it in - 'that's a sight we're getting used to seeing too'.  ;D

Similarly, one of his Norwich ones. Not one of his most spectacular against them, but the one where I think he'd just put it out for a goalkick and Norwich fans are jeering him. Before they know it, he's dispossessed the defender, skinned him and stroked it in outside of the boot past the keeper.

Then I think my final one would have to be his second freekick against Zenit. We deserved to win that game for him, he was absolutely determined. I suppose it sums up his time here really. Fall short despite his quality. Inevitable he moved onto better things.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 12:08:56 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4077 on: December 18, 2017, 04:11:18 pm »
My personal 3 favourites.

The League Cup one against Stoke. Has the ball, is getting jeered - commentator: 'he gets the boos from the Stoke City fans, it's a sound he's getting used to hearing', nutmegs the Stoke defender and curls it in - 'that's a sight we're getting used to seeing too'.  ;D

Similarly, one of his Norwich ones. Not one of his most spectacular against them, but the one where I think he'd just put it out for a goalkick and Norwich fans are jeering him. Before they know it, he's dispossessed the defender, skinned him and stroked it in outside of the boot past the keeper.

Then I think my final one would have to be his second freekick against Zenit. We deserved to win that game for him, he was absolutely determined. I suppose it sums up his time here really. Fall short despite his quality. Inevitable he moved onto better things.

His most underrated goal imo

Incredible freekick, its from such a central position and he struck it perfectly

Offline SlowRap

• Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #4078 on: December 19, 2017, 10:41:46 am »

Incredible freekick, its from such a central position and he struck it perfectly
Summed him up when the rest of the team were jogging back into the dressing room after the game, but Suarez was devastated with his hands on his head in the centre circle - he really wanted to win.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #4079 on: December 19, 2017, 05:55:02 pm »

Has he ever even taken a freekick for Barca? Let alone scored one! Maybe he has this season, now that Neymar has gone. It's meant that it's often forgotten that he's one of the very best freekick takers in world football.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"