Author Topic: Liverpool Legends thread  (Read 33463 times)

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Legends thread
« Reply #200 on: March 26, 2023, 09:34:13 am »
Missiles thrown onto the pitch and sectarian singing as well as chants about Hillsborough.  I hope they are never invited back.  All at a legends charity match.  I am sure Stevie has heard the abuse many times though and is immune to it.

Hate to say it about a club I had a certain amount of respect for, but apparently their fans were disgusting throughout. Spoke to a few friends who are stewards who said they were the worst they've seen in years. Constant drinking in the stands, verbally abusing staff, blocking stewards and trapping them in the rows, as well as a few other things I don't even care to write.

Very disappointing.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #201 on: March 26, 2023, 10:46:20 am »
Hate to say it about a club I had a certain amount of respect for, but apparently their fans were disgusting throughout. Spoke to a few friends who are stewards who said they were the worst they've seen in years. Constant drinking in the stands, verbally abusing staff, blocking stewards and trapping them in the rows, as well as a few other things I don't even care to write.

Very disappointing.
Agree with all of that. One lad who was thrown out for drinking and being a general twat, was passed out just outside the ground when we left.

Stevie seemed to enjoy himself and was a good day with a lot of the family who don't normally go.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: March 26, 2023, 11:02:34 am »
Agree with all of that. One lad who was thrown out for drinking and being a general twat, was passed out just outside the ground when we left.

Stevie seemed to enjoy himself and was a good day with a lot of the family who don't normally go.

Yeah, was told about a fella being kicked out while his young son was crying his eyes out. The fella was screaming at the stewards as if it was their fault rather than his own.

Makes you realise there's no point going on about any other club being "one of the good ones" or whatever. They're all bellends.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #203 on: March 26, 2023, 11:44:50 am »

Very disappointing.

Well that's disappointing and a little surprising. I used to be an away end steward for years and never had any problems whatsoever with the Celtic fans and indeed when I've been in town later, it's always been a good laugh.

The only difference this time is that Gerrard managed Rangers and decided to celebrate in front of them, so I'd say they have a problem with Gerrard more than Liverpool.

I wasn't out in town yesterday, but would be interested to see if there were any issues. When Rangers have been to Anfield, had problems in the away end with them and saw kick offs all over town for a couple of days.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: March 26, 2023, 11:49:23 am »
Missiles thrown onto the pitch and sectarian singing as well as chants about Hillsborough.  I hope they are never invited back.  All at a legends charity match.  I am sure Stevie has heard the abuse many times though and is immune to it.

Any evidence of the Hillsborough chants? Celtic fans are utter c*nts, but one thing I've never heard from them is derogatory chants about Hillsborough.
I'd be very shocked if that wasn't a blatant lie.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #205 on: March 26, 2023, 03:08:10 pm »
While watching the match, I noticed all the stewards lined up in front of the away and wondered what all that was about. What a shame.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: March 26, 2023, 04:46:23 pm »
Loads of them in around us in the Kenny. Most were pretty decent and respectful but a few gobshites who were lucky they didn’t get a dig. Must say the concourse at half time was an utter joke. Dangerously full and never seen smoking at that level in the ground.

The amount of discarded drinks on the streets around the ground was the most I’ve ever seen too. They certainly came to drink the place dry.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 26, 2023, 10:04:39 pm »
Heard no chants  about hills borough  and the sectarian chabts were regarding rangers and I was at the game
Missiles were plastic bottles when stevie did the 55 with the hands
He was getting jip and give some jip back
On the whole it was good banter throughout the game

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2023, 10:26:52 pm »
Heard no chants  about hills borough  and the sectarian chabts were regarding rangers and I was at the game
Missiles were plastic bottles when stevie did the 55 with the hands
He was getting jip and give some jip back
On the whole it was good banter throughout the game

It's despicable that someone would use Hillsborough to try to get a dig in about another club's fans. But Andy is a Rangers fan so it's not entirely a surprise.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2023, 11:02:56 pm »
It's despicable that someone would use Hillsborough to try to get a dig in about another club's fans. But Andy is a Rangers fan so it's not entirely a surprise.
As you say not on. However too many were being knobheads which surprised me and not often I get surprised at football fans, even our own.  Walking down the Kop stairs gesturing all around with wanker signs, booing every touch in the Kop for Gerrard and others. Fair enough the away section but deary me try that in the Kop when it's a typical crowd and not one with kids enjoying a day out at Anfield. Think that was what struck me most was the lack of respect from a fair few of them at what was a charity match after all. 

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 27, 2023, 12:02:34 am »
As somebody from north of the border, I think charity matches at a weekend are always going to end with a few knobheads travelling down south regardless of what club it is. It's merely a good excuse to get away for a weekend bender 'doon sooth'.

Considering that (a) many Scottish fans rarely get the chance to go to an away game south of the border, and (b) make it a weekend fixture, then it's pretty inevitable that some drouths will make their way south.

A fair few Celtic fans were in the main stand where I was sat and didn't cause any bother at all.

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #211 on: March 27, 2023, 01:19:08 am »
As you say not on. However too many were being knobheads which surprised me and not often I get surprised at football fans, even our own.  Walking down the Kop stairs gesturing all around with wanker signs, booing every touch in the Kop for Gerrard and others. Fair enough the away section but deary me try that in the Kop when it's a typical crowd and not one with kids enjoying a day out at Anfield. Think that was what struck me most was the lack of respect from a fair few of them at what was a charity match after all. 
Liverpool fans in the Kop were booing Gerrard?
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #212 on: March 27, 2023, 04:57:30 am »
Liverpool fans in the Kop were booing Gerrard?
No, Celtic fans. They were scattered all over SKD, Kop and Main stand.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #213 on: March 27, 2023, 10:30:28 am »
Didn’t hear anything about Hillsborough. Lots of ant rangers stuff which you expect. We met a group of them who were all wearing military green coats. Looked like their firm or some sort of IRA support group. Bizarre.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #214 on: March 27, 2023, 10:47:24 am »
Green Brigade, I assume? Seem more interested in social justice issues than sectarianism as far as I know.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 27, 2023, 11:37:37 am »
Celtic fans by me on the Kop were pretty vile. Obviously wouldn’t get away with it for a normal game.

One lad with a Celtic shirt on was shouting about Gerrard “break his legs” “slippy g gonna kill your family” etc. Pretty disgusting stuff got a charity game.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 27, 2023, 12:24:14 pm »
what an embarrassment they are - sectarianism has no place in football.

i know there's fun history in picking a side (rangers/celtic shouted back and forth on the kop), but liverpool as a city has grown beyond this (a long time ago) in a way that puts glasgow and supporters of their teams to shame.

wouldn't want our name sullied by being associated with either club (before anyone shouts, I know of course not everyone in the fanbases is like the worst behaving supporter but neither club self polices successfully at all. theyve had a fair few decades to try to grow, and seem to fail (or fail to try) and point at each other as the excuse/justification constantly

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 27, 2023, 01:15:38 pm »

I know a load of Celtic fans and I mentioned on WhatsApp the behaviour of their fans after Gerrard's pen. The responses were inevitable. Slippy G this, rat that etc etc. Absolutely nothing but vitriol even when I mentioned it's a charity kickabout.
They try so hard to convince people they are nothing like the other half but they are all exactly the same as each other. Two peas in a pod.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #218 on: March 27, 2023, 01:21:51 pm »
Celtic seem to have forgotten that this was a friendly charity match. I used have time for them, but that's long since waned. Even their manager was whinging on about decisions and the fact there was no VAR.  :lmao

I know Celtic and Rangers call each other Scotland's Shame, but the reality is that the tag belongs to both of them equally.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2023, 01:30:13 pm »
I know a load of Celtic fans and I mentioned on WhatsApp the behaviour of their fans after Gerrard's pen. The responses were inevitable. Slippy G this, rat that etc etc. Absolutely nothing but vitriol even when I mentioned it's a charity kickabout.
They try so hard to convince people they are nothing like the other half but they are all exactly the same as each other. Two peas in a pod.
They sum up horseshoe theory in a nutshell. Exactly the same as those they feel they are completely different to.

For people who supposedly pride themselves on decency and social justice they are an embarrassment. Horribly disrespectful. Scotland's Shame, just like their neighbours.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #220 on: March 27, 2023, 01:56:19 pm »
I've always preferred Celtic to Rangers, but who fucking cares really? Lovely to see Stevie celebrating the way he did.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red46

• Main Stander
« Reply #221 on: March 27, 2023, 06:29:37 pm »
i think its worth remembering the reception Liverpool fans got in Glasgow from not just Celtic fans btw but pretty much everyone in that city back in April 89, if i remember correctly that game at Parkhead was staged only about 2 weeks after the tragic events of the 15th, so in other words it took place at a time when the vast, vast majority of people up and down this land either believed the lies or wanted to believe them.
Most people genuinely thought Liverpool fans turned up late, drunk and without tickets, they thought Liverpool fans kicked down the doors of the stadium, rushed in, caused a catastrophic crush, rifled through the pockets of the dead and dying and then for good measure urinated on the lifeless bodies strewn across the concrete steps. This was accepted fact, people werent being c###"s for no reason the papers were saying it, the police were saying it and the government were saying it. Boots were coming in from all directions, dont forget this was just 4 years after Heysel, people genuinely believed it, they really did, the people of Glasgow didnt though.
i think it was pretty sad and indeed damning that our traumatised fans had to cross a border in order to find another city who would put a collective arm around them.
Everyone is different but personally speaking its going to take a lot, lot more than a few pissed up idiots to change my opinion of not just Celtic fans but people from Glasgow in general.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 27, 2023, 06:44:53 pm »
Celtic hate Rangers, and Vice versa, so Stevie’s recent history there was always going to add some fuel to the fire. Arguably Stevie was ill advised to celebrate the way he did, but on the other hand, it wasn’t that bad, and people should be able to restrain themselves.

Since Kenny signed I have always had a soft spot for Celtic, so the behavior of their fans was disappointing, to say the least.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #223 on: March 27, 2023, 07:52:36 pm »
Even my 10 year old son (first game) was laughing at how seriously there fans were taking the whole thing. There was some drunk Celtic fan in the SKD stand behind us who wouldn’t stop signing, absolute plonker. The flares and throwing stuff at Stevie, and the odd face away and do some weird dance in unison (like City) was just bizarre. Saw loads of the  stumbling towards town when leaving, bet that was fun for whoever else bumped into them.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #224 on: March 27, 2023, 07:54:32 pm »
i think its worth remembering the reception Liverpool fans got in Glasgow from not just Celtic fans btw but pretty much everyone in that city back in April 89, if i remember correctly that game at Parkhead was staged only about 2 weeks after the tragic events of the 15th, so in other words it took place at a time when the vast, vast majority of people up and down this land either believed the lies or wanted to believe them.
Most people genuinely thought Liverpool fans turned up late, drunk and without tickets, they thought Liverpool fans kicked down the doors of the stadium, rushed in, caused a catastrophic crush, rifled through the pockets of the dead and dying and then for good measure urinated on the lifeless bodies strewn across the concrete steps. This was accepted fact, people werent being c###"s for no reason the papers were saying it, the police were saying it and the government were saying it. Boots were coming in from all directions, dont forget this was just 4 years after Heysel, people genuinely believed it, they really did, the people of Glasgow didnt though.
i think it was pretty sad and indeed damning that our traumatised fans had to cross a border in order to find another city who would put a collective arm around them.
Everyone is different but personally speaking its going to take a lot, lot more than a few pissed up idiots to change my opinion of not just Celtic fans but people from Glasgow in general.

Me too. I was there for the warm up friendly in 1989 too. :)
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #225 on: March 28, 2023, 08:50:07 am »

I'm originally from Liverpool, but have lived in Northern Ireland for quite some time now. The Old Firm is big here too, and I remember one person describing both teams to me as: "two cheeks of the same sectarian arse".

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #226 on: March 28, 2023, 08:51:52 am »
They’re called the Old Firm for a reason, they’ve locked down a monopoly and would be nothing without each other.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 28, 2023, 09:30:30 am »
They’re called the Old Firm for a reason, they’ve locked down a monopoly and would be nothing without each other.
This is it. They despise each other but they need each other. They are also mirror images of each other too, not the polar opposites they believe themselves to be.

I think self awareness can be lost in such scenarios. If they could pull themselves out of it and view it from distance they'd see that instead of being opposites, they're actually exactly the same. The only difference being the colours of the flags they fly.

It's sad that their nonsense pollutes a Liverpool Legends thread, but wherever they and their neighbours go, the stench follows. To be honest, I often think both Glasgow religious/political vehicles are only invited to Legends and testimonial games in this country because they bring big crowds and their money with them.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 09:35:11 am by Son of Spion »

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #228 on: March 29, 2023, 01:06:31 am »
This is it. They despise each other but they need each other. They are also mirror images of each other too, not the polar opposites they believe themselves to be.

That applies to all division. Is right .

Opposites compliment and create harmony and balance. Sun and Moon , Yin and Yang or Shiva and Shakti or whatever name it goes by.

When there is true union ( yoga ) there is no division.

It's a footy forum so I'll leave it there .

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: March 29, 2023, 11:59:58 am »
I'm originally from Liverpool, but have lived in Northern Ireland for quite some time now. The Old Firm is big here too, and I remember one person describing both teams to me as: "two cheeks of the same sectarian arse".

I've lived on the outskirts of Belfast for 41 years  :D
Just basically in the same village that has been mixed religion from the dinosaurs roamed the earth. No one has ever given a fuck whether you're Celtic, Rangers, Dundee or Ross County and we've never welcomed anyone that cares.
Step outside of this place and you're in c*nt territory immediately, no matter what side of the divide.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #230 on: March 5, 2024, 05:03:33 pm »

'Full LFC Legends squad confirmed for charity match with Ajax':-

www.liverpoolfc.com/news/full-lfc-legends-squad-confirmed-charity-match-ajax

'The Liverpool FC Legends squad for the upcoming LFC Foundation charity match against AFC Ajax Legends at Anfield is now complete, with five more players confirmed.

More than 54,000 tickets have already been sold for the game, which kicks off at 3pm GMT on Saturday March 23 and is presented by AXA, and all funds raised from the game will support the life-changing work of LFC Foundation across the Liverpool City Region and beyond.'

Tickets for the game, are priced at £28 for adults, £8 for juniors and £18 for over-65s - www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/tickets-availability

LFC Legends squad list:-

Goalkeepers: Jerzy Dudek, Sander Westerveld.
Defenders: Bjorn Tore Kvarme, Daniel Agger, Fabio Aurelio, Gregory Vignal, Igor Biscan, Martin Skrtel, Sami Hyypia.
Midfielders: Jay Spearing, Mark Gonzalez, Maxi Rodriguez, Momo Sissoko.
Forwards: Dirk Kuyt, Djibril Cisse, Fernando Torres, Nabil El Zhar, Ryan Babel.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #231 on: March 5, 2024, 05:07:18 pm »
Other than El Zhar, the other forwards were all at the club at the same time, right?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #232 on: March 5, 2024, 05:16:20 pm »
Other than El Zhar, the other forwards were all at the club at the same time, right?

I think Cisse may have left before we signed Torres? Though I thought Nabil was here with most of them too (and had an effective run of games - often as sub - in 08/09?)

Though I could be misremembering that (and maybe a season with Crouch and Kuyt up front after Cisse left and before Torres - I may need to look this up!) :)
« Last Edit: March 5, 2024, 05:20:53 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 5, 2024, 05:21:50 pm »
Haha it just FEELS like they were around at the same time for some reason. But it's been close to 20 years now. Fuck, I'm old

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 5, 2024, 05:27:34 pm »
Is Jay Spearing the first current member of the u-21 squad to play for the legends team?

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 5, 2024, 06:18:32 pm »
Cisse is the odd one here. He was first loaned to Marseille after his second freak injury in 2006, then outright sold in 2007. All other four were at the club together between 2007 to 2010.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 5, 2024, 08:18:54 pm »
Maxi in the line up.
Paging Chopper, paging Chopper.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 6, 2024, 04:19:44 pm »
Cisse is the odd one here. He was first loaned to Marseille after his second freak injury in 2006, then outright sold in 2007. All other four were at the club together between 2007 to 2010.

Cheers!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 6, 2024, 05:03:12 pm »
The word 'legends' being used very loosely this year  :D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: March 6, 2024, 05:12:24 pm »
Sven is a part of this now, right?