Author Topic: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April  (Read 169561 times)

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April
« Reply #120 on: April 26, 2016, 10:27:00 am »
I was at the Young Scientists Exhibition in Dublin at the time.
There was an exhibition next to ours that used a little B/W TV. I watched it there. I was still at school, and am a teacher now.
It seems so long ago.
What must it feel like for those with loved ones lost?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2016, 10:27:45 am »
Really struggling to hold back the tears watching this  :'(
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2016, 10:29:13 am »
Really struggling to hold back the tears watching this  :'(

Me too
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2016, 10:30:17 am »
John Ashton there - pretty sure that is the man who saved my husband's life that day

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2016, 10:31:39 am »
Thoughts with everyone affected , fingers crossed some measure of closure and justice is finally achieved today .

JFT96 YNWA
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2016, 10:31:50 am »
Such a strange feeling this morning. 27 years in waiting and here we are. I hope and pray that the families, friends and those affected by that day get the justice that they not only want but that they deserve after fighting every day for the past 27 years

JFT96
i could post something but you sum it up well
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2016, 10:32:14 am »
I was just 17 years old from Dublin when the disaster happened. I sat watching the events unfold at home on the BBC stunned. I was due to head over the following Saturday to watch the Arsenal game at Anfield with my brother and his mates. Going against our Dads advise not to travel over we headed for Liverpool the following Friday anyway. As a young lad you thought of the escape, the match , the craic but this was different obviously and we felt we wanted to be there no matter what. We got to the ground the Saturday about 12 and qued for up to 3 hours to get inside the ground. Never will forget the sight of all the flowers and scarves on the pitch and around the ground. Felt surreal standing there on the pitch looking at this mass shrine. The players came out for a service about the time of the disaster the week previous and i can still feel the raw emotion that made me think what if it was my brother Dad or sister. Later that year my Dad was killed in a car crash and the grieve i went through made me realise exactly what was lost that day too. So now a generation later, married 3 kids, finally justice can be made today and somehow the families can move on with peace in the minds

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2016, 10:33:50 am »
John Ashton there - pretty sure that is the man who saved my husband's life that day
Lost for words.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2016, 10:35:40 am »
Lost for words.

He is a doctor who was in the stands.  He went to the back of the Leppings Lane (so I have been told) and went through the victims lying there - he must have found a pulse because my husband had been left for dead there by the two lads who pulled him out.

That is what I believe anyway - will never know for certain

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2016, 10:36:06 am »

Hugs to you.  God Bless x x x
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2016, 10:38:44 am »
He is a doctor who was in the stands.  He went to the back of the Leppings Lane (so I have been told) and went through the victims lying there - he must have found a pulse because my husband had been left for dead there by the two lads who pulled him out.

That is what I believe anyway - will never know for certain
What a day this must be for you and your family.

Take care dear Lady.

Offline seanbren

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2016, 10:44:41 am »
Good luck today.
With love from a survivor now living in New Zealand.
We say Kia Kaha here which means 'stay strong'

Kia Kaha indeed.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2016, 10:46:21 am »
Survivors on LFCTV. Harrowing
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2016, 10:47:28 am »
Take care, stay strong, peace to you all xx

JFT96

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2016, 10:51:50 am »
Got the morning off work as Im doing nights, sitting here hoping and praying we get the just verdict we've been waiting for JFT96
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2016, 10:53:34 am »
See you all on the other side.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2016, 11:00:12 am »
Heart's thumping and going out to all who are a part of today.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of Ł22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2016, 11:00:29 am »
Got everything crossed here. YNWA

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2016, 11:01:44 am »
I'm struggling here sat in work, I don't know exactly what it is I'm feeling. I just hope and pray the families of everyone affected, directly and indirectly, get the justice we know they deserve. JFT96.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2016, 11:03:24 am »
Is there a list of all the questions the jury have to answer?
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of Ł22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline imnofreak

• Anny Roader

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2016, 11:06:13 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-disaster-inquests-verdicts-delivered-11240268

Under the key points here.
Thanks, found them.

Question one: Do you agree with the following statement: On April 15 1989, 96 people died in the disaster as a result of crushing in the central pens of the Leppings Lane terrace, following the admission of a large number of supporters to the stadium through the exit gates.

Question two: Was there any error or omission in police planning and preparation for the semi-final on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match?

Question three: Was there any error or omission in policing on the day of the match which caused or contributed to a dangerous situation developing at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

Question four: Was there any error or omission by commanding officers which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace?

Question five: When the order was given to open the exit gates at the Leppings Lane end of the stadium, was there any error or omission by the commanding officers in the control box which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace?

Question six: Are you satisfied, so that you are sure, that those who died in the disaster were unlawfully killed?

Question seven: Was there any behaviour on the part of the football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

Question eight: Were there any features of the design, construction and layout of the stadium which you consider were dangerous or defective and which caused or contributed to the disaster?

Question nine: Was there any error or omission in the safety certification and oversight of Hillsborough Stadium that caused or contributed to the disaster?

Question ten: Was there any error or omission by Sheffield Wednesday and its staff in the management of the stadium and/or preparation for the semi-final match on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match?

Question eleven: Was there any error or omission by Sheffield Wednesday and its staff on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed at the Leppings Lane turnstiles and in the west terrace?

Question twelve: Should Eastwood and Partners (structural engineers) have done more to detect and advise on any unsafe or unsatisfactory features of Hillsborough Stadium which caused or contributed to the disaster?

Question thirteen: After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the police which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster?

Question fourteen: After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the ambulance service (SYMAS) which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster?
My Twitter

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2016, 11:06:15 am »
Is there a list of all the questions the jury have to answer?

1. Basic facts of the disaster

Do you agree with the following statement which is intended to summarise the basic facts of the disaster: “On April 15, 1989, 96 people died in the disaster at Hillsborough Stadium as a result of crushing in the central pens of the Leppings Lane terrace, following the admission of a large number of supporters to the stadium through exit gates.”

2. Police planning

Was there any error or omission in police planning and preparation for the semi-final match on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match?

If your answer to the question above is “no”, please answer the following question: Was there any error or omission in police planning and preparation for the semi-final match which may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match?

3. Policing of the match and the situation at the turnstiles

Was there any error or omission in policing on the day of the match which caused or contributed to a dangerous situation developing at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: Was there any error or omission in policing on the day of the match which may have caused or contributed to a dangerous situation developing at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

4. Policing of the match and the crush on the terrace

Was there any error or omission by commanding officers which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: Was there any error or omission by commanding officers which may have caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace?

5. The opening of the gates

When the order was given to open the exit gates at the Leppings Lane end of the stadium, was there any error or omission by the commanding officers in the control box which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: When the order was given to open the exit gates at the Leppings Lane end of the stadium, was there any error or omission by the commanding officers in the control box which may have caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace?

6. Determination of unlawful killing issue

Are you satisfied, so that you are sure, that those who died in the disaster were unlawfully killed?

7. Behaviour of the supporters

Was there any behaviour on the part of football supporters which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: Was there any behaviour on the part of football supporters which may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation at the Leppings Lane turnstiles?

If your answer to either of the questions above is “yes”, please answer the following: Was that behaviour unusual or unforeseeable?
Hillsborough disaster 25th anniversary: RIP to the 96

8. Defects in Hillsborough Stadium

Were there any features of the design, construction and layout of the stadium which you consider were dangerous or defective and which caused or contributed to the disaster?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: Were there any features of the design, construction and layout of the stadium which you consider were dangerous or defective and which may have caused or contributed to the disaster?

9. Licensing and oversight of Hillsborough Stadium

Was there any error or omission in the safety certification and oversight of Hillsborough Stadium that caused or contributed to the disaster?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: Was there any error or omission in the safety certification and oversight of Hillsborough Stadium that may have caused or contributed to the disaster?

10. Conduct of Sheffield Wednesday FC before the day of the match

Was there any error or omission by Sheffield Wednesday FC (and its staff) in the management of the stadium and/or preparation for the match which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: Was there any error or omission by Sheffield Wednesday FC (and its staff) in the management of the stadium and/or preparation for the match which may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match?

11. Conduct of Sheffield Wednesday FC on the day of the match

Was there any error or omission by Sheffield Wednesday FC (and its staff) on April 15, 1989, which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed at the Leppings Lane turnstiles and in the west terrace?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: Was there any error or omission by Sheffield Wednesday FC (and its staff) on April 15, 1989, which may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed at the Leppings Lane turnstiles and in the west terrace?

12. Conduct of Eastwood & Partners

Should Eastwood & Partners have done more to detect and advise on any unsafe or unsatisfactory features of Hillsborough Stadium which caused or contributed to the disaster?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: Should Eastwood & Partners have done more to detect and advise on any unsafe or unsatisfactory features of Hillsborough Stadium which may have caused or contributed to the disaster?

13. Emergency response and the role of the South Yorkshire Police

After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the police which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the police which may have caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster?

14. Emergency response and the role of the South Yorkshire Metropolitan Ambulance Service

After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the ambulance service which caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster?

If your answer is “no”, please answer the following: After the crush in the west terrace had begun to develop, was there any error or omission by the ambulance service which may have caused or contributed to the loss of lives in the disaster?
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline DK

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2016, 11:08:33 am »
Is the LFC.tv link paused for everyone else?  I assume they do not have a feed from the court room?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2016, 11:10:19 am »
BBC News breaking yes on the first 3 questions
#Sausages

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2016, 11:10:30 am »
Is the LFC.tv link paused for everyone else?  I assume they do not have a feed from the court room?

Yes , reports from outside on BBC News channel and live texts on BBC website and Liverpool Echo though
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2016, 11:11:39 am »

Yes no phones allowed in the court.

I am watching it here
http://news.sky.com/story/1685308/hillsborough-inquests-decisions-live-updates

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2016, 11:11:58 am »
QUESTION 3

Was there any error or omission in policing on the day of the match which caused or contributed to a dangerous situation developing at the Leppings Lane turnstiles? Yes or no.

Yes.

QUESTION 2

Was there any error or omission in police planning or preparation for the semi-final match on 15 April 1989 which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed on the day of the match? Yes or no

Yes

QUESTION 1

Do you agree with the following statement which is intended to summarise the basic facts of the Disaster:

“Ninety-six people died as a result of the Disaster at Hillsborough Stadium on 15 April 1989 due to crushing in the central pens of the Leppings Lane terrace, following the admission of a large number of supporters to the Stadium through exit gates.”

Yes.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:10 am »
QUESTION 5: The opening of the gates

When the order was given to open the exit gates at the Leppings Lane end of the stadium, was there any error or omission by the commanding officers in the control box which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace? Yes or no.

Yes.

QUESTION 4: Policing of the match and the crush on the terrace

Was there any error or omission by commanding officers which caused or contributed to the crush on the terrace? Yes or no.

Yes

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:15 am »
YES! 

Justice
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:16 am »
Yes on question 6, unlawful killing.
#Sausages

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:16 am »
Yes on question six.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:22 am »
Yes to Unlawfully Killed.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:22 am »
Question 6 - were the 96 were unlawfully killed? Yes.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:29 am »
All six questions answered yes so far including unlawfully killed.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:33 am »
Unlawfully killed! Thank you.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Reacher

• Kemlynite
« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:37 am »
question 6 - yes, thats the key one!!! Justice

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:43 am »
yes
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn