Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2606842 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Spurs
« Reply #14680 on: December 13, 2018, 03:31:33 pm »
I would.
The more trophies available, the better. We go for everything as long and as hard as we can.

Anyone would kill to be involved in both Europe and the league come April/May. We want to win trophies and have invested. We should give ourselves all the chance to palm in as many as we can.

I see your point, but we should be focusing on winning stuff and the more options, the better.
I want the treble, too ;D

The pettiest reason being to shove it down the throats of these twats who go on about Klopp not winning finals.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14681 on: December 13, 2018, 03:36:54 pm »
Are they allowed to play in the new stadium this season? They shouldn't be in my opinion, it's not exactly fair to the away teams, they should have to stay at Wembley until next season.

Other than yourself and City we have won every other game at Wembley - assuming your point is it will be a benefit to move to NWHL who is it unfair to? possibly Arsenal (who are in the mix at the top) but all others I don't see it.  If we had a mixed record at Wembley its a little more valid but even then we had permission to play a few games at Wembley and the rest at NWHL so the precedence is there.   

Letting us play some at Wembley and others at the new ground was voted on by all clubs so they were happy that at least two clubs would get a benefit from it.

It's crap that it had happened but the PL have allowed it (imo) because they want clubs to invest in the infrastructure and want to make it as easy as possible.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14682 on: December 13, 2018, 03:39:57 pm »
I hate all this poor Spurs doing it on a budget stuff. They earn the same amount as us each year through TV and probably more in tickets.

They can't say we are bankrolled so we are clearly just better run.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #14683 on: December 13, 2018, 03:54:35 pm »
I hate all this poor Spurs doing it on a budget stuff. They earn the same amount as us each year through TV and probably more in tickets.

They can't say we are bankrolled so we are clearly just better run.

as of 2017 your revenue is £424M ours is £355 (wages 241 vs 148) - the difference is made mainly due to your global fanbase built on the success in the 80's.  Not begrudging the cash but its a fact we are outperforming on a budget (for reference Leicester's wages are £131M).

The difference in revenue will probably be greater this year due to your run in the CL, don't see Spurs fans bemoaning you, Man U and even Arsenal spending more (Man City & Chelsea some do) but recognizing the fact that the 6 richest team (by a long way) are managing to compete for CL places consistently is a valid point.  Is there anywhere else in Europe where this is the case?

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14684 on: December 13, 2018, 03:57:25 pm »
... the difference is made mainly due to your global fanbase built on the success in the 80's.

And the fact that we won the CL in 2005 and got to the final two years later.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #14685 on: December 13, 2018, 04:04:41 pm »
And the fact that we won the CL in 2005 and got to the final two years later.

your global fanbase and revenues were already much more by then.

It really isn't a dig, you were dominating as the game went global and have done well out of that, the 2005 helped but the trend was already there.

Edit -
Just found this 2004 wages £65M vs £34M (thought the link was quite interesting regardless of this point).

- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9514149/Graphic-Premier-League-transfer-and-wage-spending-from-the-200001-season-to-201112.html

« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 04:16:07 pm by Inpeace »

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #14686 on: December 13, 2018, 04:32:02 pm »
your global fanbase and revenues were already much more by then.

It really isn't a dig, you were dominating as the game went global and have done well out of that, the 2005 helped but the trend was already there.

Edit -
Just found this 2004 wages £65M vs £34M (thought the link was quite interesting regardless of this point).

- https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/9514149/Graphic-Premier-League-transfer-and-wage-spending-from-the-200001-season-to-201112.html

Yes, but you weren't anywhere near the Champions League at that point, which was a much larger slice of the pie back then. Agree with your general point, btw.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14687 on: December 13, 2018, 04:58:55 pm »
Problem they are going to have with the new stadium - they need to inform, with 100% certainty, UEFA before February where their stadium is going to be for the knock out part of the CL - if Levy's "7th Jan with next update" means, effectively, they will be able to make a decision as to when to schedule the 2 test events, which will have to happen a week apart and probably 1-2 weeks after their announcement, they are leaving it very fine to hit the January deadline to tell UEFA yay or nay.  Their next home fixtures after Utd are Watford on the 30th Jan, Newcastle on the 2nd Feb, and Leicester City on the 9th, followed by then the CL.  I would imagine it would be difficult to persuade UEFA to allow the CL to be the first match just in case of issues. which leaves one of three decidedly unimpressive looking matches to potentially be the first.

And because of the FA's bending over backwards for them, they only have one more big game really left other than Utd - 2nd March vs Arsenal, which would be a fun match to open the stadium, but would cause riots with the fans, not least because it would mean they would miss the CL match and therefore would have to play at Wembley if they fluke drawing Porto and qualify for further matches.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #14688 on: December 13, 2018, 05:03:09 pm »
Other than yourself and City we have won every other game at Wembley - assuming your point is it will be a benefit to move to NWHL who is it unfair to? possibly Arsenal (who are in the mix at the top) but all others I don't see it.  If we had a mixed record at Wembley its a little more valid but even then we had permission to play a few games at Wembley and the rest at NWHL so the precedence is there.   

Letting us play some at Wembley and others at the new ground was voted on by all clubs so they were happy that at least two clubs would get a benefit from it.

It's crap that it had happened but the PL have allowed it (imo) because they want clubs to invest in the infrastructure and want to make it as easy as possible.

It's different because it's literally a different pitch with different dimensions, ye also get a lovely bump whenever ye actually move in where surely the fans will be well up for it for a few games at least. The pitch at Wembley has also been a bog for half the season so teams who prefer a passing game will have been at a disadvantage over the kick and rush types of teams. It's a shambles and ye shouldn't play in the stadium till August 2019.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14689 on: December 13, 2018, 05:19:55 pm »
A great team and just a great bunch of lads
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #14690 on: December 13, 2018, 05:29:33 pm »
It's different because it's literally a different pitch with different dimensions, ye also get a lovely bump whenever ye actually move in where surely the fans will be well up for it for a few games at least. The pitch at Wembley has also been a bog for half the season so teams who prefer a passing game will have been at a disadvantage over the kick and rush types of teams. It's a shambles and ye shouldn't play in the stadium till August 2019.

it is different yes but not unfair imo - Its the same dimensions - clubs often replant the pitch mid season so the bog argument is the same there.   We cant improve on our current Wembley form (other than the clubs I mentioned), if we were losing at Wembley I would think the bump argument would hold more sway.

Already held my hands up to it being poor but the PL clubs have allowed it so I am over the moon we are allowed as I wont go back to Wembley this year, its mainly us who have been negatively effected by it.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14691 on: December 13, 2018, 05:38:15 pm »
it is different yes but not unfair imo - Its the same dimensions - clubs often replant the pitch mid season so the bog argument is the same there.   We cant improve on our current Wembley form (other than the clubs I mentioned), if we were losing at Wembley I would think the bump argument would hold more sway.

Already held my hands up to it being poor but the PL clubs have allowed it so I am over the moon we are allowed as I wont go back to Wembley this year, its mainly us who have been negatively effected by it.

generally you are right - not much you can do and since the FA has basically allowed it - not much anyone else can do.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14692 on: December 13, 2018, 05:41:43 pm »

Doesn't matter who's effected by it, one team scoring one less goal or losing a point due to it means the competition has been lessened. It's a joke and nothing you can say will change my stance. I'd have more sympathy if Levy was upfront and held his hands up but he's kicked the can down the road at every opportunity.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #14693 on: December 13, 2018, 06:54:42 pm »
That was basically a b-team from Barca.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14694 on: December 13, 2018, 07:07:57 pm »

But Levy lied through his teeth,had they admitted just how far behind they were on the stadium then I doubt the vote would have been in favour.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14695 on: December 13, 2018, 07:24:48 pm »

But Levy lied through his teeth,had they admitted just how far behind they were on the stadium then I doubt the vote would have been in favour.

This is an important point. The fact that it's now going to be finished in 2019 proves that he would have had to be lying. It was nowhere near complete when he made that statement.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #14696 on: December 13, 2018, 07:26:25 pm »
I'm amazed that people actually thought the Levy was a trustworthy kind of guy.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14697 on: December 13, 2018, 07:44:39 pm »
I never said I'd want them in the final.

Honestly I don't know any Spurs fans. I reckon I've probably met two Spurs fans my entire life. They mean nothing to me. I would just love to see Spurs, having spent nothing in the summer, get further then City.

Yes, I'd love to see them kick the opposition and dive all over the place all the way to the final.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #14698 on: December 14, 2018, 12:05:45 am »

Perhaps but if mace (the guys in charge of the fire system) were not at fault you would expect they would say so otherwise they must be getting a huge bung to take the blame.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14699 on: December 14, 2018, 12:15:45 am »
Perhaps but if mace (the guys in charge of the fire system) were not at fault you would expect they would say so otherwise they must be getting a huge bung to take the blame.

Oh so this half a season delay is all to do with the fire alarms ?   GTF and there's no maybe about it,you were all claiming it was nearly done because they rolled out a bit of grass,totally ignoring that there were no seats in the ground at that time.

Were Mace really at fault then the company would go under because Levy would have grounds to claim against lost earnings,fact it he bullshitted so that you lot bought season tickets.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14700 on: December 14, 2018, 12:24:37 am »

Oh so this half a season delay is all to do with the fire alarms ?   GTF and there's no maybe about it,you were all claiming it was nearly done because they rolled out a bit of grass,totally ignoring that there were no seats in the ground at that time.

Were Mace really at fault then the company would go under because Levy would have grounds to claim against lost earnings,fact it he bullshitted so that you lot bought season tickets.

Bingo, I'm sure loan repayments were linked to season ticket sales among other revenue.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #14701 on: December 14, 2018, 08:00:45 am »

You think he needed the season ticket money in advance? They were that desperate for cash flow.

I will leave it there.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14702 on: December 14, 2018, 11:52:01 am »
You think he needed the season ticket money in advance? They were that desperate for cash flow.

I will leave it there.

Are you suggesting he has tens of millions in ready cash just lying about?
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #14703 on: December 14, 2018, 12:01:12 pm »
Are you suggesting he has tens of millions in ready cash just lying about?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lewis_(British_businessman)

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14704 on: December 14, 2018, 12:05:22 pm »

"Wikipedia does not have an article with this name"
Hmm, fascinating. Thanks for sharing.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #14705 on: December 14, 2018, 12:53:17 pm »
This is an important point. The fact that it's now going to be finished in 2019 proves that he would have had to be lying. It was nowhere near complete when he made that statement.
Desparate times...

I dunno but I get the feeling Levy's been taking hella risks and just riding it all out. He's one lucky bastard, I can tell cause it all just turns out right everytime. The failure to recruit this Summer prolly shows how desparate things are, but even that seems to not have made much of an impact. Hasn't propelled them ahead of course, but still- they're doing well enough considering.
Leeds have nothing on Levy.

I mean look at the stadium thing- how desparate do you have to be to "stretch the truth" that far, knowing it will come out soon - yet proceed to do it anyway!
And then nothing happens- everone is okay with it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 12:57:43 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14706 on: December 14, 2018, 03:24:43 pm »
Harry Kane is the bookies favourite for Sports Personality of the Year. I suppose that's what three penalties, one goal off your backside and two headers from six yards at a World Cup gets you. :lmao
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:26:14 pm by sinnermichael »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14707 on: December 14, 2018, 03:25:39 pm »

Are you suggesting that all the stories about it being a chaotic, disorganised  worksite were bullshit?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14708 on: December 14, 2018, 03:29:13 pm »
Are you suggesting that all the stories about it being a chaotic, disorganised  worksite were bullshit?

This part does make me laugh - they are missing the "first game" date by 6 months? That's not a few screw-ups here and there - that's major league problems that you had to have known about well in advance - so I agree all this pretending and blaming is just a blatant diversionary tactic. And, like I said earlier, no one seems to care.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14709 on: December 14, 2018, 03:40:58 pm »
Harry Kane is the bookies favourite for Sports Personality of the Year. I suppose that's what three penalties, one goal off your backside and two headers from six yards at a World Cup gets you. :lmao

I hope he wins it, it would be the funniest since that sister-in-law shagger won it a few years back.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #14710 on: December 14, 2018, 04:21:41 pm »
Spurs should have a points deduction because of their stadium delays.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14711 on: December 14, 2018, 04:35:09 pm »
Fuck that, they're helping to keep Felix out the top four.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14712 on: December 14, 2018, 05:58:31 pm »

Hah, and when has Joe Lewis put even a pound into the club aside from when he bought it? 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14713 on: December 14, 2018, 06:25:13 pm »

I will leave it there.

Oh noooooo,you're obviously loaded,money spunking out of every orifice.

Do you think he didn't know that the stadium was nowhere near finished ?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:27:36 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #14714 on: December 14, 2018, 07:27:09 pm »
Hah, and when has Joe Lewis put even a pound into the club aside from when he bought it?
Yes when it comes to infrastructure.

Offline Inpeace

• Kopite
« Reply #14715 on: December 14, 2018, 07:31:03 pm »

Oh noooooo,you're obviously loaded,money spunking out of every orifice.

Do you think he didn't know that the stadium was nowhere near finished ?

I think it's more likely that it was the sprinkler system than a billionaire lying for cash flow especially as the difference between what we got in and season tickets sold at Wembley would be a few million, hardly worth committing fraud.

As far as conspiricy theories go it seems a poor one to me.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14716 on: December 14, 2018, 07:36:33 pm »
I still need to understand why it looks like a toilet bowl

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #14717 on: December 14, 2018, 09:16:32 pm »
I still need to understand why it looks like a toilet bowl

Shite Hart Lane
We are Liverpool!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #14718 on: December 14, 2018, 10:02:17 pm »
White heart bog.

Are we any nearer to having an opening date for its first flush?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14719 on: December 14, 2018, 11:47:48 pm »
“And that was not the result Spurs were hoping for in the first game at the new stadium”

Seems the cliched commentary most likely.