Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 370394 times)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B
« Reply #200 on: November 1, 2012, 01:16:39 am »
Talking of lightsaber duels, the Palpitine vs Jedi Masters when they go to arrest them in Episode three was shite. Two of them get hacked down in seconds, and they are meant to be one of the most senior Jedi around. Was terrible. Like no one gave a shit about it, one of the most important scenes of the prequels. The start of the downfall of the Republic and Jedi. Just awful.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: November 1, 2012, 01:18:22 am »
Darth Maul is about the only new iconic character and he was killed off early. All the new Jedi characters are pretty meh.

Darth Maul did have the advantage of having much less dialogue than the other main characters.
(plus a double lightsaber and an awesome John Williams theme).

Just thinking about the prequels, I've always that while they were films that didn't need to be made, they still could have been really good films in their own right, and were a massive missed opportunity. The overall story 'arc' is OK and makes some kind of sense, but the details of how it was done - the plot, characters and dialogue - were just poor. He should've just got a decent screenwriter and director, given them an overview and told them to get on with it.

I've read the novelization of Revenge of the Sith, and it's far better than the film.
The dialogue's improved, and Anakin's fall to the dark side is handled much better.
A book does have the advantage in that it can tell you directly what a character is thinking and feeling, but at least some of that could have been transmitted through the film. But instead we get stuff like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL01Zcg0xE4
There's almost zero tension or emotion in what is a pretty significant act in Anakin's descent to the Dark Side.
You'd think Palpatine was trying to persuade Anakin to have another cup of tea, rather than getting him to kill an unarmed prisoner.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #202 on: November 1, 2012, 01:29:47 am »
It has been a while since I've subjected myself to them butwasn't he hobbling around, until a second before, on his cane and then whoosh it's Kermit a bouncing off the walls... I think I and the audience laughed too at this, which shows it was just wrong. It was just out of character, surely if the force isn't dependent on size then he could just move naturally and still kick arse? Ah well, it isn't going to change.

Regarding giving up on Palpatine that was out of character, he had the chance to take him down but rather just gave up when still in it after one set back.
Yes yes...remember mentioning that Yoda has been scamming the system. He's been on the sick for ages hobbling round on a cane, but he goes into a cave where no-one can see him, so he drops the cane and goes all hyper.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #203 on: November 1, 2012, 03:06:37 am »
http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

Red Letter Media - must-watch reviews of the prequels (and check out his other Star Trek ones too). You might baulk at some of the "serial killer" character schtick during the reviews, but it is worth sticking with it.

"They didn't even eat the sucker"

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
« Reply #204 on: November 1, 2012, 07:36:13 am »
Take your money they will; search your wallet you know this is true.
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #205 on: November 1, 2012, 08:15:17 am »
well at least i have a new favourite Disney Princess now :D ... maybe even two.

"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: November 1, 2012, 10:25:29 am »
the thing is Sam was pushing for a part as soon as first film was announced. He was in purely because he wanted to be. Then there are the scenes filmed with nsync and then cut. The whole thing is a pandering mess.

Hadn't heard that before, were they intended to be in the film or just messing around?

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #207 on: November 1, 2012, 10:27:50 am »
Hadn't heard that before, were they intended to be in the film or just messing around?
I thought that was a typo! As in the 'band'?
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: November 1, 2012, 11:18:07 am »
And then there's the final battle between Obi-Wan and Anakin, it started off impressively but the way it ended was a farce. They somehow end up flying along above a river of boiling lava on two conveniently located flying platform thingies, which manage to maintain exactly the same speed and neither of them falls off, or gets their clothes set on fire by any of the lava that's flying around. Then when Anakin tries to jump onto the 'bank' there's a vague flurry and you see some things falling on the floor - which turn out to be his limbs. Then, to top it all, Obi-Wan neither tries to save him or finish him off. If he felt guilty he'd try to save him rather than leave him to an agonising death, if he was just doing a job he'd make sure he was dead - he wouldn't just walk away.

And there was no need to see him actually catch fire and see his skin burning off - thought that was a clumsy attempt by Lucas to make the film 'dark' and it went too far, just like having Anakin kill those young Jedi. Just didn't fit in with the tone of the other films (even the original ones).

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #209 on: November 1, 2012, 11:35:37 am »
Don't forget: George Lucas can't direct for shit. Well not since the late 70s anyway.

Get in one of these:

JJ Abrams
Brad Bird
Neil Blomkamp
Duncan Jones

Joss Whedon? He busy until 2015, preparing Disney's other cash-cow machine.

I'm laughing at James Cameron though if he thought 2015 was a good time to bring out Avatar 2!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: November 1, 2012, 11:48:12 am »
Don't forget: George Lucas can't direct for shit. Well not since the late 70s anyway.

Get in one of these:

JJ Abrams
Brad Bird
Neil Blomkamp
Duncan Jones

Joss Whedon? He busy until 2015, preparing Disney's other cash-cow machine.

I'm laughing at James Cameron though if he thought 2015 was a good time to bring out Avatar 2!

Urgh, not JJ lens flare Abrams! Would love to see any of the last 3 tackle a new Star Wars movie, maybe they could do one each, like the Harry Potter movies.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #211 on: November 1, 2012, 11:50:14 am »
Hate to say it, but if they had taken as much care and time as Peter Jackson did fleshing out ancillary characters in his trilogy in the prequels, they could and should have been 10 times better.

Instead we get random Jedi killed off during Order 66 with no real weight to any of them. When the cone headed guy with the beard (Ki Adi Mundi) gets offed, we are meant to feel sorry for them, and we do, but his last stand against his own troops is just played out quickly and with no real feeling for the man.

Imagine if the other Jedi had been given some decent lines, some camaraderie with each other, sadly the way the Clone Wars cartoon has actually now done, we could have CARED for them. Instead, it was just another special effects sequence.

It just showed how badly the prequels were handled. Imagine Obi Wan sharing a laugh or a quick joke with Mace Windu? Or the jedi in battle like Band of Brothers or something. Instead we get forced dialogue between the 'friends' and all the jedi acting like soulless monks.

It actually gets worse the more you think about it.

Saving grace from the prequels was Darth Maul. And Liam Neeson was the only Jedi, bar Obi Wan in Episode 3, worth watching. The casting of Liam Neeson was great, and if the films had been handled something along the lines of an old period epic, he would have been great to have all the way through, same goes for Darth Maul.

Some of the pre-game videos for The Old Republic stuff is FAR better than anything in the prequels.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: November 1, 2012, 12:02:00 pm »
Hate to say it, but if they had taken as much care and time as Peter Jackson did fleshing out ancillary characters in his trilogy in the prequels, they could and should have been 10 times better.

Instead we get random Jedi killed off during Order 66 with no real weight to any of them. When the cone headed guy with the beard (Ki Adi Mundi) gets offed, we are meant to feel sorry for them, and we do, but his last stand against his own troops is just played out quickly and with no real feeling for the man.

Imagine if the other Jedi had been given some decent lines, some camaraderie with each other, sadly the way the Clone Wars cartoon has actually now done, we could have CARED for them. Instead, it was just another special effects sequence.

It just showed how badly the prequels were handled. Imagine Obi Wan sharing a laugh or a quick joke with Mace Windu? Or the jedi in battle like Band of Brothers or something. Instead we get forced dialogue between the 'friends' and all the jedi acting like soulless monks.

Saving grace from the prequels was Darth Maul. And Liam Neeson was the only Jedi, bar Obi Wan in Episode 3, worth watching. The casting of Liam Neeson was great, and if the films had been handled something along the lines of an old period epic, he would have been great to have all the way through, same goes for Darth Maul.

Some of the pre-game videos for The Old Republic stuff is FAR better than anything in the prequels.

Exactly, there should have been much more of the Jedi in the third film - in fact in all three films. In the Clone Wars, a lot is made of the camaradarie between the Jedi and the troopers, if that had been prominent in the prequels it would have made the whole 'Order 66' thing much more poignant - instead it felt rushed, and without much emotion.

It's as though for each scene in the prequels, Lucas had an idea of where he wanted each character to get to at the end of it, what information he wanted to be communicated and where he wanted the story to go overall, and he just wrote a first draft with a basic plot and dialogue, and then just filmed that first draft, without improving it at all. Then he handed it all over to the special effects guys to do their thing.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #213 on: November 1, 2012, 12:07:44 pm »

Bloody hell mate, dont do that. Suggesting combining one of my favourite TV programmes ever with my favourite films (the original trilogy that is, but you know what I mean)..that would be bed wettingly good.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #214 on: November 1, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »
in the film.

Here, read this...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/'N_Sync

I was posting on a Star Wars board around that time and the backlash was indeed hilarious.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #215 on: November 1, 2012, 12:27:49 pm »
Hopefully Disney will forbid the future usage of Yoda & Co in a fucking DIXONS advert...

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: November 1, 2012, 12:30:53 pm »
Exactly, there should have been much more of the Jedi in the third film - in fact in all three films. In the Clone Wars, a lot is made of the camaradarie between the Jedi and the troopers, if that had been prominent in the prequels it would have made the whole 'Order 66' thing much more poignant - instead it felt rushed, and without much emotion.

Definitely, nearly every friendship was never actually seen, even with Anakin and Obi Wan, it was all "Hey remember that great thing we did, arent we such good pals".

No one relates to it, its like me telling you about my close friendship with someone called Dave, you dont care because you havent seen it. We didnt see any actual friendship between the troopers and the Jedi, it was all implied, so like you say, when Order 66 came, it was almost like it had no weight to it. It was this huge thing, killing off hundreds of jedi, by the soldiers they had fought alongside for years, and it wasnt even slightly emotional because we hadnt ever been given a real sense that there was any bond there between them.

Now look what youve all done, now im ranting in here!

Oh while im here, Sam Jackson was awful, died like a bitch and like others have said didnt seem comfortable in the films. And yeah, the final battle between him and the two other jedi masters and Sidious was bad. Yes, I get it was supposed to show how powerful and skilled Sidious was, but you couldve had a great three way fight there, killing them off with incredible moves, then a final duel with Mace.

Like everything in the final film, it was rushed.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: November 1, 2012, 12:39:07 pm »
Anakin and Shmi were the best treated slaves in the universe, btw.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Disney buying 'Star Wars' maker Lucasfilm for $4.05B
« Reply #218 on: November 1, 2012, 12:49:57 pm »
The Order 66 scene was also shown in a fucking montage for that extra dramatic heft. Haha, terrible!
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #219 on: November 1, 2012, 01:33:07 pm »
Hopefully Disney will forbid the future usage of Yoda & Co in a fucking DIXONS advert...
and vodafone!

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #220 on: November 1, 2012, 01:38:55 pm »
You get the feeling Lucas doesn't trust actors one little bit.

But Spielberg did a similar thing to ET.  Changing all the guns for torches.

1983 - paranoid US Government, the Cold War rumbles on....  guns are absolutely in context.

"ET, we'd better run, they've got torches!!"
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: November 1, 2012, 01:47:03 pm »
Pretty sure he changed it back to guns for the latest release of ET

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #222 on: November 1, 2012, 02:10:42 pm »
Pretty sure he changed it back to guns for the latest release of ET

I'm sure Disney are savvy enough to remaster the original trilogy in their original form for a release. I'd buy that - no mistake about it... although it was a bit confusing as to whether they have the rights to the original trilogy or not.
« Last Edit: November 1, 2012, 02:12:17 pm by Rox »
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: November 1, 2012, 02:15:35 pm »
I think Fox hold the distribution rights. Hopefully the two wont get into a pissing contest and realise an original release would benefit them both.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #224 on: November 1, 2012, 02:31:22 pm »
I think Fox hold the distribution rights. Hopefully the two wont get into a pissing contest and realise an original release would benefit them both.

Indeed.  The profit from the distribution rights for releasing nothing is zero...

An original cut, (and a version of the originals with tidied up effects, rather than editorial changes) would be something I'd buy.  And I mean, BUY, not download.

They could make several versions available - there's room for them all.

Not sure where it puts the fan-made original trilogy folks though - some of those guys are remaking scenes with models for HD formats (can't remember where, but saw some stunning footage for Empire of the AT-ATs).  Impressive work that they were doing because Lucas wasn't going to.  I imagine it's only a matter of time now.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #225 on: November 1, 2012, 02:36:15 pm »
Despite not being personally arsed, I do think that the original originals should be done up and sold for those that want them.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: November 1, 2012, 03:26:57 pm »
It was only Lucas who was holding back the original cuts being released properly and on Blu. The way he dumped them (they were the crappy Laserdisc transfers as well) on a limited release DVD a few years ago was exceedingly petty.

I'm sure Disney and Fox will be aware of the demand for them and come up with a mutually beneficial deal to get them out. Probably in the build up to the Episode Seven release for maximum publicity, "The release you've being waiting 20 years for!" 

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: November 1, 2012, 03:28:53 pm »
Were there still plans to release Clones in 3D? Or did TPM fail?

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #228 on: November 1, 2012, 04:41:43 pm »
We watched PM and though it was crap. Im guessing AT LEAST 90% of us still paid up at the cinema to watch the next 2 though. At lot of us may have took our kids with us too, and thats my long and convoluted point. Essentially its for kids. There the fuckers who will want all the figures/spacecraft et al (yes I do want them too...but it will have to be when I win the lottery. I can have my Star Wars room then). And just how many different kind of crafts and vehicles where there over the 3 films. Seemed to take the piss.

Seeing the prequels was irresistible. How could we not after a wait of 15 or so years?. Even after the disapointing PM we held on to the hope (a no hope) that there might be something, anything, that rescues it's well loved universe .... but it wasn't to be. People tell me it's got everything to do with nostalgia coupled with expectations. Thing is though, my 10 year old nephew and niece can't stand 'A new hope'.... are they wrong? (yes they fucking are, the little shits!)

Re: vehicles, I know what you mean by milking it, I own MLC-3 and a couple of others that werent even in the films but I lapped it up (mmm thanks kenner!)

Jabbas tail (and the fact that jabba looked like a sliding dogshit), the greedo shooting, farting banthas... fucking waste of time.

You think Riddley Scott had a stinker with Prometheus? - Did he bollocks compared to Lucas's re-abortions.

The only good thing that will come out of this (from a purely selfish point of view) is the possibility that we'll get an unaltered SW on blu-ray, however you can bet your bottom dollar that Lucas will try everything to avoid Disney doing that.

Oh and FFS - even the Jabba in Jedi looked like it had some real substance compared to the CGI dogger. Fucks sake.

"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #229 on: November 1, 2012, 05:47:24 pm »
Were there still plans to release Clones in 3D? Or did TPM fail?

Even I didn't bother going to see that. Though that's got as much if not more to do with my general dislike of 3d as the film itself.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: November 1, 2012, 05:51:07 pm »
I saw it, mainly because of the little'un, but it wasn't any better in 3D than it was in regular.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: November 1, 2012, 05:53:22 pm »
Well I'm pretty sure Disney will start with a clean slate with Episode 7.  If they pull somebody like Timothy Zahn on board for the screen play I will have some cause for optimism.  My worry is what kind of influence GL may still wield over the franchise as creative consultant.  I'm really hoping he's not consulted at all.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: November 1, 2012, 06:01:50 pm »
Well I'm pretty sure Disney will start with a clean slate with Episode 7.  If they pull somebody like Timothy Zahn on board for the screen play I will have some cause for optimism.  My worry is what kind of influence GL may still wield over the franchise as creative consultant.  I'm really hoping he's not consulted at all.

Maybe they'd get in him as a creative consultant and then once he's left, put all his ideas onto a big white board labelled "Banned ideas and not to be considered under any circumstances" for all to see.

Offline Rox

• Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #233 on: November 1, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »

I think his influence will be superficial.  They'll nod, be polite and indulge him, but ultimately they'll do it their own way.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: November 1, 2012, 06:12:04 pm »
Because blockbuster movies are a diffcult sell if based on books millions have read?  Is that where they went wrong with Harry Potter?

I wouldn't know about Harry Potter.  I've never read the books or watched the films.  I do know, however, that the HP films started production before all the books were done.  People who got hooked on the first few books were happy to see film versions and how they compared to the books, and this, in my opinion, was the driving force behind the franchise. 

With the Thrawn trilogy, they've been out for over 20 years already.  Yes it'd be nice seeing how they'd translate to the big screen but at the end of the day we know how it ends. 

It's not like Lord of the Rings, where they tried to ensure the story remained true to the spirit of the books, but at the same time broaden it's appeal to reach an audience beyond the hard core readers.  We live in a world saturated with Star Wars; I'd be very surprised to meet somebody under the age of thirty who hasn't at least heard about Grand Admiral Thrawn or Mara Jade.

On a side note, I'd like to see the Han Solo Adventures (Han Solo at Stars' End, Han Solo's Revenge, Han Solo and the Lost Legacy) turned into films, possibly adjusting them to fit better into the existing universe.  These are likely books that few people outside the purists will have read (I've only managed to read two of them).  It would also give an opportunity to introduce a new actor to play Han, which could then offer a stepping stone link into new dedicated SW movies.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: November 1, 2012, 06:13:43 pm »
I think his influence will be superficial.  They'll nod, be polite and indulge him, but ultimately they'll do it their own way.

When it comes to costumes, designs, ships etc, I think Lucas has a decent eye.  As long as he's kept away from the script and nuts and bolts stuff it might work.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: November 1, 2012, 06:15:55 pm »
Found this info at http://www.twitter.com/StarWars_vii
Could this "1952" movie be the next Star Wars?

May, 2012: Brad Bird is hired to direct the Lindelof 1952 project, and brings on Jeff Jensen, author of Eisner Award-winning graphic novel Green River Killer to further develop the script, which is intended to become a huge tentpole film, with all the merchandising, toy selling and sequel opportunities such a prospect provides.

June, 2011: Damon Lindelof hired by Disney (for a 7 figure deal) to write a huge sci-fi epic for the studio. The project is named 1952, and nothing else is known about it.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: November 1, 2012, 06:27:01 pm »
You think "1952" is it's project number?  Would suggest negotiations with GL had been ongoing for sometime.  Or is it possible they'll strip 1952 of its best elements and incorporate them into the new SW films?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: November 1, 2012, 07:10:29 pm »
You think "1952" is it's project number?  Would suggest negotiations with GL had been ongoing for sometime.  Or is it possible they'll strip 1952 of its best elements and incorporate them into the new SW films?
codename, I'd guess.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #239 on: November 1, 2012, 07:18:49 pm »
Found this info at http://www.twitter.com/StarWars_vii
Could this "1952" movie be the next Star Wars?

May, 2012: Brad Bird is hired to direct the Lindelof 1952 project, and brings on Jeff Jensen, author of Eisner Award-winning graphic novel Green River Killer to further develop the script, which is intended to become a huge tentpole film, with all the merchandising, toy selling and sequel opportunities such a prospect provides.

June, 2011: Damon Lindelof hired by Disney (for a 7 figure deal) to write a huge sci-fi epic for the studio. The project is named 1952, and nothing else is known about it.
Well that was a very short lived bout of optimism.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.