Author Topic: Club World Cup  (Read 112821 times)

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Club World Cup
« Reply #40 on: July 6, 2019, 08:38:56 am »
I heard somewhere that Europe's representative would be the winners of the Super cup- anyone else heard this?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: July 6, 2019, 09:23:57 am »
Think tickets all through fifa and I’d imagine no issue with availability at all

You saying ALL tickets will be sold by Fifa? Surely the club will have an allocation? Or does this not work like that?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 6, 2019, 09:26:22 am »
Amazed that people fancy it given where it is, looks absolutely shite, for a couple of glorified mid-season friendlies. Japan was another matter, brilliant place to go.

Never been to Qatar before and I love to travel so great excuse to go somewhere I wouldn't without this kind of reason. Also as it's spread over a number of days I reckon I could get a flight to a nearby country for a day or 2 in the middle or failing that, before or after and make a week of it.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: July 6, 2019, 09:45:20 am »
You saying ALL tickets will be sold by Fifa? Surely the club will have an allocation? Or does this not work like that?

Not sure

Looking at last one think was all FIFA

I guess it makes sense as club wouldn’t have time to sell the final

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 6, 2019, 09:46:15 am »
Never been to Qatar before and I love to travel so great excuse to go somewhere I wouldn't without this kind of reason. Also as it's spread over a number of days I reckon I could get a flight to a nearby country for a day or 2 in the middle or failing that, before or after and make a week of it.

Beware not sure you can get to Qatar from neighbouring countries at moment. Sure I read that somewhere

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: July 6, 2019, 09:54:47 am »
Beware not sure you can get to Qatar from neighbouring countries at moment. Sure I read that somewhere

Ta didn't even think about that. Reminds you how lucky we are with Europe at times.

Guessing it's this though not fully sure what it means.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/qatar

Since June 2017, following the decision by Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt to cut diplomatic ties with Qatar, the land border between Qatar and Saudi Arabia has been closed. All flights between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Bahrain are also suspended until further notice. These measures are likely to lead to some disruption for travellers in the region. You should check with your airline before you travel. Direct flights between the UK and Qatar aren’t affected.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #46 on: July 6, 2019, 10:10:22 am »
Location isn’t ideal but mid season friendlies they’re not

It doesn’t command the respect in Europe but it’s huge in South America and something we’ve never won

Something tells me at least one person in North America will taking it as a huge competition and telling Klopp to go and win it.

Read somewhere years ago that Paisley made a comment something along the lines of -  that his only regret was never taking this competition seriously enough.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: July 6, 2019, 10:41:53 am »
Not sure

Looking at last one think was all FIFA

I guess it makes sense as club wouldn’t have time to sell the final
Not sure if the club had any but we had to order off FIFA and pick up at the 1st game in Yokohama,only trouble was we got off one stop early & went to the baseball stadium & we had about 20 follow us
To cut a long story short,by the the time we got into the ground Crouchie had just scored the goal :duh :duh

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: July 6, 2019, 10:43:39 am »
Not sure if the club had any but we had to order off FIFA and pick up at the 1st game in Yokohama,only trouble was we got off one stop early & went to the baseball stadium & we had about 20 follow us
To cut a long story short,by the the time we got into the ground Crouchie had just scored the goal :duh :duh

Long way to go to miss the goal ;D

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: July 6, 2019, 10:49:49 am »
Long way to go to miss the goal ;D
Took the words out of my mouth,walked into our end asked any score,lad says yes mate 1-0 Crouchie just scored  :lmao,still a fantastic week..
As a 13 year old on the Kop,never thought years later i would be in Japan watching the reds...

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #50 on: July 6, 2019, 03:40:23 pm »

It’s mad to think that they’re still gonna hold any competition in Qatar!

Can’t see many going to be honest..but Liverpool fans do travel in numbere so who knows

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #51 on: July 6, 2019, 05:07:13 pm »

Yep

Since June 2017, following the decision by Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt to cut diplomatic ties with Qatar, the land border between Qatar and Saudi Arabia has been closed. All flights between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Bahrain are also suspended until further notice.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/qatar
#Sausages

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: July 6, 2019, 07:01:41 pm »
I find it strange that this tournament hasn’t really caught in in Europe. The winners can legitimately claim to be world champions of the biggest sport there is. It’s a competition that is basically open to every football club on the planet...do well enough in your domestic league, then win your continental league, then win this. Due to the way it works and the worldwide popularity of the sport I’d argue it has more legitimacy to it than any other sports club in any sport I can think of calling themselves ‘world champions’. There’s absolutely nothing contrived about it.

After the big two, this is the trophy I most want us to win this season. I’d love to sing that Queen song without fidgeting embarrassingly at ‘...of the world’. Full pelt, with emphasis and meaning! :)

I’m intending to go (even though I’m not exactly enamoured by the days in between in Qatar); I’m guessing I’d be OK for tickets as a season ticket holder only? And what about mates intending to come with no credits...I’m guessing there would be enough spares from season ticket holders not going, but might there be faffing about with names on tickets and collecting in person? Particularly as we can’t be issued final tickets until after the semi final is done.

Also, anyone have any thoughts or heard rumours on dates? It looks like the final week before Christmas is the favourite but that’s based on what’s happened in a different country.

It is because the teams the European club plays are wank

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #53 on: July 7, 2019, 05:10:11 pm »
I heard somewhere that Europe's representative would be the winners of the Super cup- anyone else heard this?

That’s not correct

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #54 on: July 9, 2019, 01:31:42 pm »
I sort of fancy this BUT....

Won't be cheap so might depend on who we get in the CL and how many I go to in the group games as something has to give  :-\
We are a team of one half.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: July 9, 2019, 06:43:11 pm »
I sort of fancy this BUT....

Won't be cheap so might depend on who we get in the CL and how many I go to in the group games as something has to give  :-\
return flights about 400£ at moment

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #56 on: July 9, 2019, 10:46:00 pm »
But we don't know the dates for sure yet. Not too bad though I agree.

Can you fly there from Manchester? Or just London or..? Ta
We are a team of one half.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: July 9, 2019, 10:51:01 pm »
But we don't know the dates for sure yet. Not too bad though I agree.

Can you fly there from Manchester? Or just London or..? Ta

yep a few flights daily from manc Birmingham Cardiff and a few others with Qatar I've took a risk on dates got Manchester return with Qatar 16/23 used my air miles to get business class for just taxes of 325£ worst cash I can cancel and get miles back and only lose £70 if dates are different

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2019, 12:05:24 am »
Looking at booking this and going around 16th to the 24th and making a bit of holiday of it with the lids.

Never fancied the place if i'm honest and if it wasnt for the footy its not somewhere i'd ever go. 

Question though, I know the tourny is in Qatar but how bigs the area and that ?  If i book in Doha is it like the same place or is it all spread out ?

Also any idea of the stadiums theyre going to use ?
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2019, 08:21:06 am »
Looking at booking this and going around 16th to the 24th and making a bit of holiday of it with the lids.

Never fancied the place if i'm honest and if it wasnt for the footy its not somewhere i'd ever go. 

Question though, I know the tourny is in Qatar but how bigs the area and that ?  If i book in Doha is it like the same place or is it all spread out ?

I've heard that Qatar is the size of greater manchester
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2019, 01:01:39 pm »
Ticket bought, went Cat 2 lower tier, might as well as its first trip to Europe, champions of Europe shirt came this morning as well.
The Club World Cup is in Qatar, which is not in Europe.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2019, 01:04:26 pm »
The Club World Cup is in Qatar, which is not in Europe.
Wrong thread sorry

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2019, 06:06:20 am »

Culturally it isn't your typical holiday spot so I'd recommend not making great plans...your really going just to watch the football if you want to go

Qatar is small yes, there isn't much to do, weather will be warm and pleasant...prob around 20 degrees in the daytime...you will be confined to eating/drinking in hotels and at malls...your not going to walk down the road and see restaurants bars and shops....

You could base in Dubai perhaps with the family and fly in for the football...it's a one hour flight I think...but stay clear of making Qatar a base for say a week...
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2019, 08:32:04 am »

You could base in Dubai perhaps with the family and fly in for the football...it's a one hour flight I think...but stay clear of making Qatar a base for say a week...

You can't fly in from dubai would have to go via Oman or similar

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2019, 05:34:04 pm »
No mention of this for a while, I wonder are we likely to hear of dates anytime soon??

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2019, 05:53:28 pm »
No mention of this for a while, I wonder are we likely to hear of dates anytime soon??

Doubt it. The echo said the other day, that we haven't even received an invite yet.

Offline Oh Yes BisCAN

• Kopite
  • Where Kenny played...
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2019, 10:49:17 am »
Fixtures

https://www.fifa.com/news/fifa-club-world-cup-qatar-2019-to-be-played-from-11-to-21-december

Liverpool semi 18th December. 3/4 place and final 21 December (one after other in same stadium usually).
"Has everybody heard... the bird is the word?" @rabbitrabbiton

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2019, 10:51:30 am »
Fixtures

https://www.fifa.com/news/fifa-club-world-cup-qatar-2019-to-be-played-from-11-to-21-december

Liverpool semi 18th December. 3/4 place and final 21 December (one after other in same stadium usually).

Pleased it’s the Saturday  not the Sunday

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2019, 10:55:02 am »
We have West Ham away weekend of the 21st December. I take it that will be re-arranged?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2019, 10:56:58 am »
We have West Ham away weekend of the 21st December. I take it that will be re-arranged?
Yes

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2019, 02:36:42 pm »
The Draw is on 16 September, does anybody know where the Semi Final and Final are being played?

Also anyone on here been to Qatar and got any tips?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2019, 03:11:45 pm »
The Draw is on 16 September, does anybody know where the Semi Final and Final are being played?

Also anyone on here been to Qatar and got any tips?
No idea where these could be as there’s no precedent. No idea what World Cup stadiums are even built or anything. Qatar isn’t a big place though so will be to easy to get to and from Doha, if there’s any stadium outside Doha that is 

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2019, 04:09:49 pm »
Booked and sorted.

Now to work out the bevvy smuggling gig.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Minore

• Late Night Cruiser of Swedish *ahem* "TV" Channels.
  • Kopite
    • Spirit of Shankly
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2019, 04:12:40 pm »
I reckon it's the official FIFA website for tickets, but do you think the Club will get some to sell to members online or everything is expected to go through FIFA?

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2019, 04:13:27 pm »
I reckon it's the official FIFA website for tickets, but do you think the Club will get some to sell to members online or everything is expected to go through FIFA?

All FIFA I believe

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2019, 04:45:46 pm »
So the first game on the 18th do we think it will be day or night?
Tempted to book now but if it’s day it means I’d probably have to book the day before but don’t want to if don’t have to.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2019, 04:49:48 pm »
Tempted to book now but if it’s day it means I’d probably have to book the day before but don’t want to if don’t have to.

It's 8.30pm if it's like last year. Is it possible to get there for then leaving that day?

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2019, 04:55:12 pm »
It's 8.30pm if it's like last year. Is it possible to get there for then leaving that day?

There is an overnight flight, so you could kip on the plane. But thats still leaving late the night before.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2019, 04:56:06 pm »
We’ll fly Wednesday night arrive Thursday morning- just heading to the final

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2019, 05:08:52 pm »
1 mid afternoon 1 night I think