Author Topic: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)  (Read 161029 times)

Offline Sally

• Desperately searching for a very, very, very, very, very small toaster! "I'm saying this now, if he (Christian Benteke) scores more than 16 goals for us next season i'm eating my cock." (Duly noted!)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Yellow Submarine
Re: The eBay thread (your buys and sales)
« Reply #920 on: November 19, 2013, 11:28:47 pm »
Has something like this ever happened to any of you lot?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #921 on: November 20, 2013, 08:15:25 am »
well no but i told my brother i would buy him band aid for christmas in 2004.  was the year they had a new version of it out.

however on christmas day he got this and not a cd

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: November 21, 2013, 10:13:24 pm »
A few bits on here - Berghaus / Feraud Jackets, a guitar and a snowboard! 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/dodgeballdodge

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #923 on: December 15, 2013, 09:15:58 pm »

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #924 on: December 16, 2013, 01:26:36 pm »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: December 16, 2013, 04:25:14 pm »
Seen something a week or so ago from some scumbag selling the box of an Xbox One. I PM'd him and asked for clarification if he was selling the console, or the box on it's own. He replied and was clear that he was selling only the box, no console. Was up to £55 with over 4 days left. I reported it so hopefully the ad got taken down before some eejit got shafted for a few hundred quid 3 weeks before Christmas. These c*nts should be prosecuted for fraud or something.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: December 17, 2013, 09:45:12 am »
Seen something a week or so ago from some scumbag selling the box of an Xbox One. I PM'd him and asked for clarification if he was selling the console, or the box on it's own. He replied and was clear that he was selling only the box, no console. Was up to £55 with over 4 days left. I reported it so hopefully the ad got taken down before some eejit got shafted for a few hundred quid 3 weeks before Christmas. These c*nts should be prosecuted for fraud or something.
If it clearly stated in the listing that it was just the box for sale then nothing wrong with that. Don't know why he'd even sell the box though, weird guy

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: December 17, 2013, 03:58:46 pm »
If it clearly stated in the listing that it was just the box for sale then nothing wrong with that. Don't know why he'd even sell the box though, weird guy

Checked this out this morning. It was actually a 360, not Xbox One. Same difference though, he was scamming. They did remove the listing. There is a lot wrong with it. Obviously the people that bid are a bit thick, but the point is, he was trying to fuck someone over 3 weeks before Christmas.

As to the bolded point, it's because he knows people are going to bid on it, thinking they are buying an Xbox. It did state it was box only, however it was in the section for electricals and games etc. A box shouldn't be in that section. 
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: December 17, 2013, 04:33:47 pm »
over the weekend had some **** using my paypal acnt spending stuff on ebay.
luckily spotted it quick enough and had the money back yesterday

apparently my bank says paypal have had a security breach
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #929 on: December 17, 2013, 04:37:32 pm »
Second hand Vans clothing is doing well at the moment. Around £10.00 per t shirt.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #930 on: December 17, 2013, 05:25:44 pm »
Nice. How much is/was that new?

£1399 with discount. Hoping to get between 1050 and 1200 to be honest. Should have been £1500 new.

Offline El Phes

• Answers to Judith, but only on Thurdays.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Portraits / Weddings / Commercial / Events
« Reply #931 on: December 23, 2013, 03:42:24 pm »
Has anyone bought an Ebay Voucher / Card before? If so, how / where etc? My wife want to buy 1 as a Christmas pressie, but I'm finding it very difficult to source (apart from finding 1 on ebay.com in the US and being able to buy it, but for an amount of dollars, instead of £Stg)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #932 on: December 23, 2013, 05:11:25 pm »
Has anyone bought an Ebay Voucher / Card before? If so, how / where etc? My wife want to buy 1 as a Christmas pressie, but I'm finding it very difficult to source (apart from finding 1 on ebay.com in the US and being able to buy it, but for an amount of dollars, instead of £Stg)

If eBay is anything like Amazon with regards to vouchers, then buying off the US site will only allow it to be spent on the US site and not the UK one.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #933 on: December 24, 2013, 03:38:51 pm »
Just treated myself to this very rare, little beauty.

Original Umbro, early 70s, Liverpool shirt.

Another one to add to the collection.  ;)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #934 on: January 17, 2014, 01:05:13 pm »
Just looking for some advice....

I sold a Sat nav on ebay a couple of days ago. Usually with the other items I've sold the buyer has paid almost instantly. I sent the winning bidder the invoice or ''payment info" with the postage cost etc. They have 100% feedback with a score of over 1000 and seem from their own feedback quite reputable, doesn't seem like there's any reason to doubt them anyway.

I messaged them simply saying, ''congrats on being the winning bidder, I will dispatch the item as soon as payment is received'' but still no payment received today.

I didn't specify on my ad that payment must be made within 48 hrs or anything like that so there's no time limit on it as such.

Just wondering how long should I give them to pay for the item before using the 'resolve a problem' and opening an enquiry, or indeed using the 'second chance offer' option and allowing the bidders who lost out to buy it instead?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: January 17, 2014, 02:53:27 pm »
id give them a week phil,could be all sorts of reasons.
bollocks

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: January 17, 2014, 03:46:11 pm »
Yeah was reading the guide on there and they recommend at least 4 days. Ta.

then send a poite email wondering if everything was ok,its not worth chasing the buyers up anymore i find,casues nothing but hassle

hardly use ebay for selling at all anymore,,had a guts full of it,,lots of shitheads on there nowadays.
bollocks

Offline johnsmithlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You may say I'm a Dreamer
« Reply #937 on: January 18, 2014, 12:05:16 am »
Just looking for some advice....

I sold a Sat nav on ebay a couple of days ago. Usually with the other items I've sold the buyer has paid almost instantly. I sent the winning bidder the invoice or ''payment info" with the postage cost etc. They have 100% feedback with a score of over 1000 and seem from their own feedback quite reputable, doesn't seem like there's any reason to doubt them anyway.

I messaged them simply saying, ''congrats on being the winning bidder, I will dispatch the item as soon as payment is received'' but still no payment received today.

I didn't specify on my ad that payment must be made within 48 hrs or anything like that so there's no time limit on it as such.

Just wondering how long should I give them to pay for the item before using the 'resolve a problem' and opening an enquiry, or indeed using the 'second chance offer' option and allowing the bidders who lost out to buy it instead?

They have 4 days to pay until you can open a case.
I usually send a polite reminder after 2-3 days, then on the 4th day one more reminder and then that evening/night I open a case.
I've had so many people over the years piss me about that it's just not worth the hassle of chasing people up.
4 days is long enough so I'd open a case on day 4.

The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively - Bob Marley

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: January 18, 2014, 09:12:38 am »
All paid up now, I was just being impatient. :)

Can see how much of a pain in the arse it must be though if especially if you were depending on the cash coming through.

good news phil,,get the beer in for tonight now,, :wave
bollocks

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: January 18, 2014, 12:19:46 pm »
good news phil,,get the beer in for tonight now,, :wave
If he can find his way to the bar!

Shit at directions, that fella.  ;)

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: January 18, 2014, 01:30:40 pm »
Signed Liverpool football shirt up for grabs (1995) 17 signatures.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121256901846?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Let me know if link doesn't work!

Any questions just ask.

So that was the first item i ever look to sell on ebay, and will be my last, i naturally have to have a winning bidder with a pea sized brain...

He wins bid, i invoice him and await my paypal payment.

He asks to pick it up, no probs, tell him i want the payment today and he can collect tomorrow after half 6

He contacts me and says 'can't make after half 6 will have to be weekend and i'm thick as foook as i have no money in my paypal account can i give you cash'

I tell him i want it paid via paypal today as per end of auction date, if i wanted payment on Saturday i'd have listed it for 7 days, can he or can he not make a payment today?

He then sends via paypal an echeque, having never got one before, what that means is he aint got the shilling in his account so bellend is stalling.... i cancel echeque and ask him can he make a direct payment, no response, it's relisted as a second chance offer
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 03:29:26 pm by Red Genius »
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #941 on: January 19, 2014, 02:34:45 pm »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #942 on: January 20, 2014, 03:00:14 pm »
If he can find his way to the bar!

Shit at directions, that fella.  ;)

;D

Harrlyfc is quid in now, 45 quid for that top, nice swan.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
bollocks

Offline marcwoolf

• Kemlynite
« Reply #945 on: January 24, 2014, 05:14:31 pm »
Very tempting

Offline El Phes

• Answers to Judith, but only on Thurdays.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Portraits / Weddings / Commercial / Events
« Reply #946 on: February 5, 2014, 10:40:38 am »
Is it a 50cc or a 125 please?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #947 on: February 23, 2014, 04:36:25 pm »
Set of 6 mens XL white adidas long sleeve football shirts for sale - brand new and in original bags - £42 (free P&P) on 'buy it now':-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-6-mens-XL-Adidas-football-team-shirts-jerseys-tops-BNWT-in-bags-/301105200354?

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: March 13, 2014, 10:11:37 pm »
Trying to get rid of my PS3 slim 500gb, just don't play it anymore. Comes with Fight Night Champion, FIFA 14, NBA 2K14 and COD MW3. PM if interested

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #950 on: April 4, 2014, 08:08:28 am »
Ebay can fuck off, they are now charging a %  on the delivery costs.
Plus they charge for Paypal {and make you have it available}
Plus the normal sellers fees.
JFT 96

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: April 4, 2014, 05:12:44 pm »
Ebay can fuck off, they are now charging a %  on the delivery costs.
Plus they charge for Paypal {and make you have it available}
Plus the normal sellers fees.

eBay are the most despicable company.

At 24 using £400 i started my own clothes business, had 2,000 feedback 99.9% positive feedback and they closed me down. Let that sink in. 99.9% positive feedback.....and then shut me down. No warning, from "top-rated power seller" to suspended. I got an email saying my account has been indefinitely suspended without appeal. I never sold fakes, i always paid my fees and if customers were unhappy they could always return for a refund.

They don't want private sellers. They want China, India and big bulk sellers selling shite. The days of small sellers having their own business from home on eBay are gone, they make it too hard. In order to maintain "standard" status you need less than 1% of low ratings in any given category. Again, let that sink in, 1%. That's not even negative feedback, that's low DSR. You can receive positive feedback, and still get a low DSR. In 12 months i received 15 low ratings for "Item as described" which equated to 1.03%. 1% was the threshold and for that they shut down my extremely profitable business down. 0.3% and they all came from people who were happy with their items. eBay fail to recognize that despite people leaving low ratings, they were always happy or refunded.

99.9% positive feedback. If you walked down the street and said hello to 1,000 people, it'd be fair to say at least 10% would either ignore you, swear at you, or possible kick off with you. eBay fail to recognize buyers are unreasonable and even though they may have left poor feedback, as a seller, i've done everything i possibly can to help, some people just WILL NOT be satisfied.

In the next 2/3 years a massive company will create another online auction site and eBay will be well and truly fucked. They're a greedy, manipulative company and they're the only player in the market. The owners of eBay have taken their number one selling point of allowing people to start their own business to try and become Amazon. They're like the Titanic sailing towards an iceberg and it'll fucking hit it soon.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2014, 05:17:50 pm by Pricey »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #952 on: April 4, 2014, 05:17:06 pm »
eBay are the most despicable company.

At 24 using £400 i started my own clothes business, had 2,000 feedback 99.9% positive feedback and they closed me down. Let that sink in. 99.9% positive feedback.....and then shut me down. No warning, from "top-rated power seller" to suspended. I got an email saying my account has been indefinitely suspended without appeal. I never sold fakes, i always paid my fees and if customers were unhappy they could always return for a refund.

Couldn't agree more with the first line, and have had exactly the same happen to me so know what you went through. They are a fucking horrible company and do not give a shit about just cutting off it's members with no discussion to explain anything.

PayPal are just as bad, and it's no surprise that eBay own them.

Offline Pricey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #953 on: April 4, 2014, 05:20:28 pm »
Couldn't agree more with the first line, and have had exactly the same happen to me so know what you went through. They are a fucking horrible company and do not give a shit about just cutting off it's members with no discussion to explain anything.

PayPal are just as bad, and it's no surprise that eBay own them.

They tore my life to pieces. They wouldn't give me 5 minutes face to face to discuss it.

Imagine trading standards shutting down a restaurant for having 1 negative review out of 1,000. It's the same principle.

"item not as described" for clothes could mean A. It doesn't fit. B. It doesn't fit "well" C. The colour isn't what i expected.

I got shut down because people who made returns left me positive feedback (which can't be removed) with a 1* rating for "item as described" reading "great item, didn't fit, good eBayer." This is the reason they gave for shutting me down. It beggars belief.

It's no reason to fucking destroy my business and livelihood.

They wouldn't even have a discussion with me about it.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2014, 05:23:38 pm by Pricey »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #954 on: April 4, 2014, 05:26:13 pm »
They tore my life to pieces. They wouldn't give me 5 minutes face to face to discuss it.

Imagine trading standards shutting down a restaurant for having 1 negative review out of 1,000. It's the same principle.

"item not as described" for clothes could mean A. It doesn't fit. B. It doesn't fit "well" C. The colour isn't what i expected.

It's no reason to fucking destroy my business and livelihood.

They wouldn't even have a discussion with me about it.

Mine was due to my sister shutting down her business which used PayPal, I was named (not main person) on the account as helped her set it up and needed to speak to PayPal every so often. Once she shut it down (didn't owe anyone money through PayPal) they closed down all accounts associated with her, including all of mine which included the business one, and eBay followed suit as they are so linked in. The account had over £10k in it and they kept hold of it for the full 180 days they could of.

We sent them company information and names on bank accounts to show I wasn't part of her business and she wasn't part of mine but they just didn't give a shit.

The irony being, that forced me to invest the money I had into developing the website more, and now PayPal are ringing me every other day to try and get me to put them on there as a payment method. Fucking tossers.

Offline Pricey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: April 4, 2014, 05:31:24 pm »
Mine was due to my sister shutting down her business which used PayPal, I was named (not main person) on the account as helped her set it up and needed to speak to PayPal every so often. Once she shut it down (didn't owe anyone money through PayPal) they closed down all accounts associated with her, including all of mine which included the business one, and eBay followed suit as they are so linked in. The account had over £10k in it and they kept hold of it for the full 180 days they could of.

We sent them company information and names on bank accounts to show I wasn't part of her business and she wasn't part of mine but they just didn't give a shit.

The irony being, that forced me to invest the money I had into developing the website more, and now PayPal are ringing me every other day to try and get me to put them on there as a payment method. Fucking tossers.

They're making the classic mistake of thinking they're irreplaceable. They're like the tough kid at school who doesn't realize one day he'll meet someone bigger and stronger.

I can absolutely guarantee that in 2/3 years someone like Sky, Virgin or Facebook will create a selling/payment platform and destroy eBay. eBay and Paypal can do what the fuck they want at the moment because they have no competition but they'll soon change once someone new comes around. Until then they'll continue to alienate people, and it'll come and bite them on the arse.

They could offer me my business back now and i'd tell them to shove it up their fucking arse.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: April 5, 2014, 04:42:52 pm »
Ebay can fuck right off, truly hope another company comes to give them competition. How they don't have any competitors is quite ridiculous, surely someone must see an opportunity there.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #957 on: April 5, 2014, 05:44:35 pm »
Selling on there is basically a waste of time now, the cut they take is insane, and hearing stories like Pricey's sadly don't surprise me at all. Paypal have been crooks since day one, they crow about how they're the safe choice, but you try getting a coherent staff member on the phone if you actually have a problem. Their staff barely know what day it is.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #958 on: April 6, 2014, 10:39:50 am »
They are fucking crooks. The cuts they take are ridiculous.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #959 on: April 7, 2014, 09:39:05 pm »
to juxtapose EBAY vs Amazon I have a story from today.
I'm at Uni and was using an Amazon server for a class last month
I left it on and got a bill today for about 300 pounds. It would have destroyed almost penny I've saved up all year.
Full refund and a credit for the credits my class gave me to use that were also eaten up.
Fuck Ebay buy amazon.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.