Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2090599 times)

Online CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #15280 on: September 3, 2020, 12:12:51 pm »
Graham said something like this on the Season ticket fan update thread- seems as though members with max credits will be recognised as equal to season ticket holders.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15281 on: September 3, 2020, 12:20:12 pm »
Graham said something like this on the Season ticket fan update thread- seems as though members with max credits will be recognised as equal to season ticket holders.

When you say max, do you mean 19 or 13+

Online CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #15282 on: September 3, 2020, 01:39:37 pm »
When you say max, do you mean 19 or 13+

I'm not sure- this is the quote I'm referring to:

I think you'll see Members will get the same pro-rata chance to get in as STHs and Hospitality.And an effort for anyone wanting to go getting the same number of games during this situation.

I always assumed it would be 15 (number of home games last season), but sounds as though the club will have about 25% of season ticket holders and 25% of members with a certain number of games in the ground. Therefore, to make sure everyone in the ballot gets to the same number of games they will have to adjust the number of games from last season members require. If they decide that everyone on the ballot goes to 1 in 4 games, and this doesn't change even when capacity is increased, then the credits required will get lower. Or, the club might decide to increase the number of games people in the ballot get to go to, which would mean credits needed would go up/ stay the same. Graham also says later that it's not decided yet what the credit requirements for members is going to be, so I guess we've just got to wait to see what the club decide.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #15283 on: September 3, 2020, 01:53:55 pm »
Can't see them allowing fans back in on the date they suggested a few months ago with them banging on about cases going up

Personally expect an announcement postponing the relaxation of these current restrictions to come in the next 2-3 weeks

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15284 on: September 3, 2020, 04:36:08 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/407371-supporter-update-on-preparations-for-new-season

Absolutely spot on from the club, this

I'm amazed members will even get a chance this season, but a very welcome surprise.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15285 on: September 3, 2020, 04:38:20 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/407371-supporter-update-on-preparations-for-new-season

Absolutely spot on from the club, this

I'm amazed members will even get a chance this season, but a very welcome surprise.

Impressive from the club

Very sound logic etc

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #15286 on: September 3, 2020, 04:40:04 pm »
I had a txt yesterday somebody saying  season tickets & members with 13+ will get to 1 in 4 league games...also like Manchester City no ST money will be taken only game by game.....like the auto scheme...supposed to be starting Sheff Utd at home....
pretty gutting sitting on 12 now if true, should have chance at cups tho if we are allowed back

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15287 on: September 3, 2020, 04:46:48 pm »
Wonder what the criteria will be. STHs + 13s as priority as suggested above would be fair. I'd imagine a fair chunk of those probably will swerve it (especially games against smaller clubs). Seems to suggest it will just be a ticket sale and not a ballot.
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15288 on: September 3, 2020, 04:49:53 pm »
Wonder what the criteria will be. STHs + 13s as priority as suggested above would be fair. I'd imagine a fair chunk of those probably will swerve it (especially games against smaller clubs). Seems to suggest it will just be a ticket sale and not a ballot.
ticket sale seems really unfair, when tickets are so limited, rotating ballot is clearly the best option, even a standard ballot for each game is better

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15289 on: September 3, 2020, 04:54:44 pm »
ticket sale seems really unfair, when tickets are so limited, rotating ballot is clearly the best option, even a standard ballot for each game is better

Definitely, it'll only advantage those with the technical know-how / ability really. I'd have hoped for a ballot but I guess added administration for the ticket office isn't a good thing  ;D

I'm probably going to give it a miss for now and take stock in January. Out of my usual group it's a bit of a 50/50 split on whether people intend to go or not.
YNWA.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15290 on: September 3, 2020, 05:05:16 pm »
People who are uneasy with going will probably be more comfortable with not going with it now confirmed no game this season will count as a credit.

As for the know-how, it's a brand new ticket system this season. No-one will know the short cuts (unfortunately :( ), well apart from the bot-builders.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #15291 on: September 3, 2020, 05:06:13 pm »
I think that's about as fair as it could be. I live quite far away and I have written off next season. Would rather people nearer the ground get to go, but know that I won't lose out with any credits by doing so.

I may do the same as RainbowFlick - see what the situation is like in January. Maybe I get to go to a game or two in the season. But if not it's no worries, just hopefully the entire coronavirus situation improves for everyone the world over.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15292 on: September 3, 2020, 05:07:14 pm »
Echo reckons Sheff Utd game on 24th October will have 12,500 fans. All four stands open

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15293 on: September 3, 2020, 05:10:30 pm »
Definitely, it'll only advantage those with the technical know-how / ability really. I'd have hoped for a ballot but I guess added administration for the ticket office isn't a good thing  ;D

I'm probably going to give it a miss for now and take stock in January. Out of my usual group it's a bit of a 50/50 split on whether people intend to go or not.
it'll end up being the same people going everytime though, not fair given the circumstances

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #15294 on: September 3, 2020, 05:18:51 pm »
Very fair and clever by the club. This initiative will boost the membership sales now that its every man for himself for both league and cup games. I hope the new ticketing system can handle 100,000+ fighting for 10,000 or so tickets  ;D

The only thing that doesn’t sit right with me is that someone who’s never been to a match before has as much opportunity of going to a European semi final than someone who hasn’t missed a game in 30-40 years.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15295 on: September 3, 2020, 05:20:30 pm »
Very fair and clever by the club. This initiative will boost the membership sales now that its every man for himself for both league and cup games. I hope the new ticketing system can handle 100,000+ fighting for 10,000 or so tickets  ;D

The only thing that doesn’t sit right with me is that someone who’s never been to a match before has as much opportunity of going to a European semi final than someone who hasn’t missed a game in 30-40 years.

You will need credits....

Members tickets will continue to be sold based on game history from previous seasons

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #15296 on: September 3, 2020, 05:33:40 pm »
You will need credits....

Apologies missed that. So they’re going to pluck a figure of xx amount of credits from last season who will have a shot? Which means basically if you haven’t been to that xx figure of games then you haven’t got a chance at all (on the premise that the majority of ST holders pursue tickets).
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15297 on: September 3, 2020, 05:34:00 pm »
Apologies missed that. So they’re going to pluck a figure of xx amount of credits from last season who will have a shot? Which means basically if you haven’t been to that xx figure of games then you haven’t got a chance at all (on the premise that the majority of ST holders pursue tickets).
pretty much mate

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #15298 on: September 3, 2020, 05:37:33 pm »
I had 13 last year which doesn’t include the 3 that got refunded based on the virus. Wasn’t expecting a sniff at all but now a small glimmer of hope maybe.
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15299 on: September 3, 2020, 05:54:08 pm »
I’m guessing season tickets will be in a ballot and a certain amount say 10% will be held back for members with x amount of credits.  There’s far too many ticket holders and members that qualify and I suspect they want season tickets holders to all get some games. Furthermore I can’t imagine we do it different to what Arsenal and Leicester are doing.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15300 on: September 3, 2020, 05:54:33 pm »
This has made my week! Might get a change to see the mighty reds play again this year!

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #15301 on: September 3, 2020, 05:59:53 pm »
Am I right in thinking those who got 13+ credits in the season just gone by will be guaranteed games when the 21/22 season starts?

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15302 on: September 3, 2020, 06:03:40 pm »
Am I right in thinking those who got 13+ credits in the season just gone by will be guaranteed games when the 21/22 season starts?

Yes if 13 remains the magic number

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #15303 on: September 3, 2020, 06:27:38 pm »
Thinks that's a great update from the club, should be some other info available soon too.

Only question that remains - behind closed doors games, yay or nay for credits? The wait continues hahaha
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15304 on: September 3, 2020, 06:36:55 pm »
According to James Pearce in the Athletic, a ballot seems likely.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #15305 on: September 3, 2020, 06:43:12 pm »
My guess is a ballot giving one game in three based on 27,000 STH’s and between 5,000 and 10,000 members with the required credits, will be interesting to see the hospitality split though
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15306 on: September 3, 2020, 06:45:24 pm »
According to James Pearce in the Athletic, a ballot seems likely.
has to be a ballot

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15307 on: September 3, 2020, 06:45:53 pm »

Thats how I read it mate yes.  Fantastic news for me I have to say
Ive criticised the club in the past but have to say this is the best way to do it
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15308 on: September 3, 2020, 06:46:14 pm »
My guess is a ballot giving one game in three based on 27,000 STH’s and between 5,000 and 10,000 members with the required credits, will be interesting to see the hospitality split though
Hospitality will be the hospitality areas in the main and Kenny stands. Can’t imagine offsite crap will be sold etc.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15309 on: September 3, 2020, 06:47:47 pm »
I’m guessing season tickets will be in a ballot and a certain amount say 10% will be held back for members with x amount of credits.  There’s far too many ticket holders and members that qualify and I suspect they want season tickets holders to all get some games. Furthermore I can’t imagine we do it different to what Arsenal and Leicester are doing.

Have the hospo managers been in touch with people for what they're doing?
YNWA.

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #15310 on: September 3, 2020, 07:15:40 pm »
James Pearce’s article mentions 500 away fans!, sorry but none should be allowed in any ground until things get back to normal, there are so many fans already missing out it’s a joke they are even considering it
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15311 on: September 3, 2020, 07:27:04 pm »
it'll end up being the same people going everytime though, not fair given the circumstances

It won't, I'm guessing you'll be able to attend one in every 3 or 4 games or so.

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #15312 on: September 3, 2020, 07:38:37 pm »
James Pearce’s article mentions 500 away fans!, sorry but none should be allowed in any ground until things get back to normal, there are so many fans already missing out it’s a joke they are even considering it

Disagree. It would be amazing to be able to go to away games again.

Obvious argument against is extra travel = extra spread of virus. In which case they should just sell home tickets based on the 12,500 STs and members on 19 who live closest to the ground.
Long live the King

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15313 on: September 3, 2020, 08:00:14 pm »
Disagree. It would be amazing to be able to go to away games again.

Obvious argument against is extra travel = extra spread of virus. In which case they should just sell home tickets based on the 12,500 STs and members on 19 who live closest to the ground.

This is how I thought they would have done it to be honest.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15314 on: September 3, 2020, 08:12:15 pm »
Have the hospo managers been in touch with people for what they're doing?

Nope nothing yet, suppose we will know in the coming weeks

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15315 on: September 3, 2020, 08:27:39 pm »
I never thought we'd get to away games this season, or the first half at least, that's pretty surprising if it happens.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15316 on: September 3, 2020, 08:34:37 pm »
Correct me if I’m wrong but after reading the clubs latest update re tickets for forthcoming games, will it not be season ticket holders first before members get a sniff?
I can’t see anything specific with regard to ratios of season ticket holders to members with required credits?

Online D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15317 on: September 3, 2020, 08:48:22 pm »
Correct me if I’m wrong but after reading the clubs latest update re tickets for forthcoming games, will it not be season ticket holders first before members get a sniff?
I can’t see anything specific with regard to ratios of season ticket holders to members with required credits?

No mention either way, but given several references to Members in the release, it’d suggest Members with certain criteria will at least get an opportunity at some point.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #15318 on: September 3, 2020, 09:00:40 pm »
Great move by the club. I'll be absolutely made up if I can get back to the game this side of xmas. Think this is honestly the best outcome for regular members and STH's. Greta that 2021/22 season will be based on 19/20 credits too.

Anyone not renewed their membership now thinking they should do?
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15319 on: September 3, 2020, 09:24:12 pm »
Great move by the club. I'll be absolutely made up if I can get back to the game this side of xmas. Think this is honestly the best outcome for regular members and STH's. Greta that 2021/22 season will be based on 19/20 credits too.

Anyone not renewed their membership now thinking they should do?

Still waiting for actual ticket news to come out before I renew. There's no rush or time limit.