Author Topic: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A350 Cancelled. See OP  (Read 80897 times)

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Charters - 2 WCS Dreamliner Flights + 1 WCS A350 Cancelled. See OP
« Reply #360 on: May 26, 2018, 01:51:58 pm »
The club are partnered with a reputable agency, for all our gripes with tc they are far better than world choice sports, but the club can’t bail out tom dick and harry travel who they’ve got no relationship with

I agree , but a travel partner that sourced a measly 4 flights . Like I say , plans should have been in place well before they were .

I would have preferred to book through TC but didn't get the chance .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: May 26, 2018, 02:23:55 pm »
The club are partnered with a reputable agency, for all our gripes with tc they are far better than world choice sports, but the club can’t bail out tom dick and harry travel who they’ve got no relationship with

Sorry mate but why can’t they help them? They are loyal fans a lot of them traveled all around Europe this season to support us, you think our club should just sit there offer a refund and that’s it? It would have cost them nothing out of their very large pockets to sort coaches or flights, not buying the excuses that no flights or coaches are available at all. They could have flew them to Germany and sorted coaches from there or sorted coaches Thursday when they found out or tried something, anything!!. These fans got screwed it doesn’t matter what agency or company it was, the fact is the club didint have to do anything but they should have done more than offer a refund and rely on fat joe doing a song and dance for a day.

All I keep hearing is excuses. Same goes for those shameless bastards at WC blaming Kiev. Not even one ounce of accountability and like most operations like them they will keep denying until it all blows over. Whole thing is disgusting and all I was hoping was that someone would help or even just fucking try! But nothing.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #362 on: May 26, 2018, 02:32:29 pm »
The problem the club has is it has no power whatsoever to manage what travel operators offer what flights. They simply cannot manage that as it's way beyond their power to do so.

They should maybe look, next time, at offering a lot of flights direct via the club (in partnership with TC if needs be) but then the issue is if the airport you're flying into is so inequipped to accept the sheer number (and size) of planes required then the club will get no preference over another operator to allow those flights to have a landing spot and the same problems will occur.

The other thing that struck me was the volumes of private jets which seem to be getting preference over the more commercial ones, presumably because they can charge more money and receive more money. The whole way Kiev has gone about it seems to be about making endless money, ie the hotels charging over top rate prices. I doubt its the only place that has done it, but the whole system needs a revamp.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #363 on: May 26, 2018, 02:41:18 pm »
Sorry mate but why can’t they help them? They are loyal fans a lot of them traveled all around Europe this season to support us, you think our club should just sit there offer a refund and that’s it? It would have cost them nothing out of their very large pockets to sort coaches or flights, not buying the excuses that no flights or coaches are available at all. They could have flew them to Germany and sorted coaches from there or sorted coaches Thursday when they found out or tried something, anything!!. These fans got screwed it doesn’t matter what agency or company it was, the fact is the club didint have to do anything but they should have done more than offer a refund and rely on fat joe doing a song and dance for a day.

All I keep hearing is excuses. Same goes for those shameless bastards at WC blaming Kiev. Not even one ounce of accountability and like most operations like them they will keep denying until it all blows over. Whole thing is disgusting and all I was hoping was that someone would help or even just fucking try! But nothing.

What exactly do you want the club to do though? This late in the day, the problem is a lack of space permitted to the airlines concerned, mainly due to the fact that their doubtless making a mint from private jets being landed, here there and everywhere. I don't really understand what you expect them to do, as they can't find space that doesn't exist. This sadly is nothing new. I feel for the supporters affected, I've missed out on a final before as well, and it's lousy. Hopefully the relevant authorities can learn from this, and actually pick a place that can deal with this amount of traffic.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: May 26, 2018, 04:02:01 pm »
TC are the official partners and both the club and TC enjoys good profits by milking the fans during the year on these touted prices on the official packages. At the final they set the standard with their prices on their limited offers and the cowboy companies jumps in. Technically the club and TC have done nothing wrong but they clearly dont give a shit about the travelling support
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 04:11:30 pm by Johnny Foreigner »
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #365 on: May 27, 2018, 01:46:23 am »
Club flew ox matip Gomez and 1 other out to game sat morn in an empty plane.... that’s how much they care and understand

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: May 27, 2018, 01:48:09 am »
Club flew ox matip Gomez and 1 other out to game sat morn in an empty plane.... that’s how much they care and understand

Were they supposed to choose a few fans at random to go on the plane as well or something?

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #367 on: May 27, 2018, 01:50:23 am »
They could of offered to take some that had theirs cancelled and said you will have to find your own route back.4 players on a 150 odd seat plane is a joke

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: May 27, 2018, 01:54:00 am »
They could of offered to take some that had theirs cancelled and said you will have to find your own route back.4 players on a 150 odd seat plane is a joke

But how would they have been chosen? Also, how do you know how big the plane was, because I can't find anything about that?

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #369 on: May 27, 2018, 01:58:02 am »
Look on Gomez Instagram he posted it. I don’t know how they could of chosen all I know is they should of tried something.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: May 27, 2018, 02:00:19 am »
Look on Gomez Instagram he posted it. I don’t know how they could of chosen all I know is they should of tried something.

His last post on there was three days ago?

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #371 on: May 27, 2018, 02:13:45 am »
We are sat in Kiev looking at it 4 of em on a huge plane.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: May 27, 2018, 02:16:29 am »
We are sat in Kiev looking at it 4 of em on a huge plane.

Right now? Sorry, but that's not evidence unless you have a picture.

Look, I get that a lot of travel plans were messed up, but if the club could have put some fans on that plane, they would have. I can't see them spending money on a huge plane that fits 150 people for four people, though.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #373 on: May 27, 2018, 02:22:25 am »
Go on @elmo2610 on Twitter and see for yourself I can’t copy the vid to post on here

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: May 27, 2018, 02:25:15 am »
Go on @elmo2610 on Twitter and see for yourself I can’t copy the vid to post on here

Fair enough, although as I said, how would they choose the fans to put on the plane?

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #375 on: May 27, 2018, 02:26:25 am »
I don’t know but they should of tried something

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: May 27, 2018, 02:27:03 am »
Maybe they did? Maybe they tried to find a fair way to do it but couldn't?

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #377 on: May 27, 2018, 02:28:54 am »
Will find out if Peter Moore replies to all our tweets about it

Online huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #378 on: May 27, 2018, 10:58:55 am »
Just reading the echo and seen this

Fucking hell.

Claire not sure if this is the right place to post but seems appropriate looking at that, basically got World Choice Sports now turning gangster and refusing refunds for cancelled flights to a few people now including me an me mate and a few others on social media so if anyone in the same position can you give me a shout on here or a DM?

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2018, 01:44:51 pm »
Claire not sure if this is the right place to post but seems appropriate looking at that, basically got World Choice Sports now turning gangster and refusing refunds for cancelled flights to a few people now including me an me mate and a few others on social media so if anyone in the same position can you give me a shout on here or a DM?

Thats outrageous what justification have they given for refusing the refund?

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #380 on: May 27, 2018, 02:10:11 pm »
The other thing that struck me was the volumes of private jets which seem to be getting preference over the more commercial ones, presumably because they can charge more money and receive more money. The whole way Kiev has gone about it seems to be about making endless money, ie the hotels charging over top rate prices. I doubt its the only place that has done it, but the whole system needs a revamp.

Liverpool hotels were also guilty in the overcharging department. It's a pet hate of mine.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: May 27, 2018, 02:37:46 pm »
What are the full details on your refund issue?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: May 27, 2018, 02:57:42 pm »

Yeah, it’s fine to post that, you need to stick together and get as much evidence/people as you can. Contact the club, SOS, TAW, the lot.

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #383 on: May 27, 2018, 03:54:58 pm »
Stupid buggers, just going to make things worse for themselves. Digging a grave and asking for trouble.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline claresy2005

• Anny Roader
« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2018, 06:35:22 pm »
Anyone who got cancelled by world choice looked at EU261? Just writing a letter but guidance says it’s flight operator rather than who you booked with. Given Ethiopian effectively offered their plane but WCS ended up not taking it not sure who to write to!!

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: May 27, 2018, 09:22:50 pm »
Just back in the house after an eventful 38 hours
Went on the WCS Heathrow charter on South African Airways - obviously painfully expensive
But in fairness to them ran like clockwork on way out - 20 mins or so late leaving but only 10 later arriving
The crew were the best crew I've ever flown with and I fly a lot - cracking jokes with us from the minute we got on - telling us they wouldn't take off unless we sang for them and then as we were coming onto land - did a kinda conga up and down the plane singing a South African good luck song(or so they told us)

90 minute delay coming back and a more subdued plane but again pretty decent experience

No consolation of course to those left stranded and I hope WCS sort your refunds with no fuss as that the very least they can do
+6 ticket exchange

Online huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #386 on: May 27, 2018, 09:55:25 pm »
Thats outrageous what justification have they given for refusing the refund?

As it stands we seem to have 2 x groups of people who had official cancellation so should be “valid” for a refund (which was originally stated would be repaid that night/next day but is now 7-10 days) and should be ok assuming WCS don’t do another Towns Travel and go pop.

The 2nd group (which includes me) are in the same situation but are deemed by WCS to be “invalid” for a refund as their flight wasn’t cancelled from their perspective as it was “re-instated” but they never issued e-tickets, confirmed flights, times or contacted in any way and obviously didn’t respond to any questions made by mail, phone or social media.

Online huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #387 on: May 27, 2018, 09:56:46 pm »
Yeah, it’s fine to post that, you need to stick together and get as much evidence/people as you can. Contact the club, SOS, TAW, the lot.

Sound, on with that and have Granada involved too

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #388 on: May 27, 2018, 10:00:42 pm »
Couldn’t agree more on the way out. The crew were superb. And the delay on the way back was down to some of ours not turning up or turning up late so we missed our slot.

And on that, the pilot explained that it’s not just about take off and landing - once we missed our slot taking off it had an impact at Brussels ATC and Heathrow ATC.

A few people at the airport also talking about Kiev airport taking loads of small private jets.

Hopefully the full story will come out.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #389 on: May 27, 2018, 10:26:55 pm »
South African Airlines crew were sound on the Liverpool flights too, they were joining in the singing and filming us on their phones throughout and generally enjoying all the fun. Nicest crews I've experienced on a plane. Everything went smoothly except for a delay of about 1hr 30 from JLA which meant we didn't arrive in Kiev till about 5pm but we were straight through and onto a shuttle within 15mins which helped. All on time coming home today. All in all a far smoother trip than I was prepared for!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: May 27, 2018, 10:41:20 pm »
As it stands we seem to have 2 x groups of people who had official cancellation so should be “valid” for a refund (which was originally stated would be repaid that night/next day but is now 7-10 days) and should be ok assuming WCS don’t do another Towns Travel and go pop.

The 2nd group (which includes me) are in the same situation but are deemed by WCS to be “invalid” for a refund as their flight wasn’t cancelled from their perspective as it was “re-instated” but they never issued e-tickets, confirmed flights, times or contacted in any way and obviously didn’t respond to any questions made by mail, phone or social media.

They're bullshitting mate - pure and simple .They've bluffed all the away along , so no surprise there.

Did you receive a cancellation text / email ?

First off , send them an email requesting a refund against the cancelled booking - use one of the booking emails received from WCS which will contain all the details .

Was the booking made with a credit card ? The CC card company are jointly liable with the company , so if there is no joy with WCS , you'll still be fine for the refund.

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Online huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #391 on: May 27, 2018, 10:41:30 pm »
Just to rub salt into very raw wounds, the re-instated flight which used on of the landing slots Joe Anderson managed to sort on the Friday left with 30-50 empty seats

https://twitter.com/sgerard2/status/999994707538317312?s=21

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #392 on: May 27, 2018, 10:50:43 pm »

So thats the 2 night trip that they reinstated as a 3 night trip at the last minute. These are just trying to save themselves paying out.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: May 27, 2018, 10:58:48 pm »
Anyone who got cancelled by world choice looked at EU261? Just writing a letter but guidance says it’s flight operator rather than who you booked with. Given Ethiopian effectively offered their plane but WCS ended up not taking it not sure who to write to!!

I'd initially write a letter / email to WCS requesting compensation in accordance with EU261 and see what comes back. They are bound to reply that they are not responsible , but see what the response is initially . They may say that Etheopian Air are responsible , so it may be worth sending a similar compensation calim Etheopian Air at the same time . Again , expect Ethiopian to reject your claim .

See what comes back and if it's the expected rejections , refer your complaint to the CAA . I've dealt with the CAA a few times and they're pretty good.

This is not your usual claim under EU261 , so will be interesting to see how it develops .

An alternative would be to put your case with a fight delay compensation specialist . They'll know excatly where you stand , so if they think it's iffy , they'll let you know . However , bear in mind that if you do pursue a claim in this way , they will take a hefty commision for it if you're successful. .

Online huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #394 on: May 27, 2018, 10:59:07 pm »
So thats the 2 night trip that they reinstated as a 3 night trip at the last minute. These are just trying to save themselves paying out.

Defo, with the info and detail I have at the minute it looks like WCS cancelled 3 x flights, Joe Anderson sorted 2 x slots with Kyiv on Friday so WCS re-instated 1 x flight, they sent cancellations and contacted some people from the 2 x cancelled flights but forgot about people on the 1st flight they hadn’t contacted or sent e-tickets, confirmed flights etc.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2018, 01:15:32 am »
lets face it they aren’t getting an event like this for a good long while so they’ll be thinking ‘may as well milk it while you can’

so who at the club would organise this on such short notice, the clubs travel coordinators won’t be as they’ll be with the team, so would you trust the ticket office to sort it out, give it to them and there’d be a thousand reds wondering how the fuck to get out of Turkmenistan right now.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #396 on: May 28, 2018, 09:08:14 am »
They're bullshitting mate - pure and simple .They've bluffed all the away along , so no surprise there.

Did you receive a cancellation text / email ?

First off , send them an email requesting a refund against the cancelled booking - use one of the booking emails received from WCS which will contain all the details .

Was the booking made with a credit card ? The CC card company are jointly liable with the company , so if there is no joy with WCS , you'll still be fine for the refund.
It was, it was made on my mates credit card as Huyton`s trip was actually originally mine and my mates trip until my mate realised he couldn`t fly on the Friday, so we booked on the day return then sold the trip to Huyton and changed the name on the booking through World Choice.

It was originally a two night trip with hotel then after the flight cancellation  WC offered a three night trip with no hotel, I don`t see how they fuck they have a leg to stand on.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: May 28, 2018, 09:19:26 am »
lets face it they aren’t getting an event like this for a good long while so they’ll be thinking ‘may as well milk it while you can’
so who at the club would organise this on such short notice, the clubs travel coordinators won’t be as they’ll be with the team, so would you trust the ticket office to sort it out, give it to them and there’d be a thousand reds wondering how the fuck to get out of Turkmenistan right now.
‘may as well milk it while you can’  Looks like Kiev treated us like a cash cow, just like all other companies do/have done for years when it comes the average football fan. Let`s milk the fuckers "cause we can". We tried to get a taxi after the game back the airport and the driver wanted 100 euro, to which he promptly got told to go fuck himself.

so who at the club would organise this on such short notice I`m sure an organisation as big as LFC with it`s multi £ turnover would have the links and resources to employ a company on their behalf to at least attempt to sort something out.

Online huytonbad

• Main Stander
« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2018, 10:34:36 am »
It was, it was made on my mates credit card as Huyton`s trip was actually originally mine and my mates trip until my mate realised he couldn`t fly on the Friday, so we booked on the day return then sold the trip to Huyton and changed the name on the booking through World Choice.

It was originally a two night trip with hotel then after the flight cancellation  WC offered a three night trip with no hotel, I don`t see how they fuck they have a leg to stand on.

By the way after not having a single phone call or txt from them ironically enough I got my first one with a txt advising on the return flight times yesterday afternoon from Kyiv as I was sitting in Huyton havin a pint ffs ha

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: May 28, 2018, 11:18:12 am »
By the way after not having a single phone call or txt from them ironically enough I got my first one with a txt advising on the return flight times yesterday afternoon from Kyiv as I was sitting in Huyton havin a pint ffs ha
Fuckin ell!

Keep hold of every single piece of communication as evidence mate. I`ve rang Dave this morning but no answer, he must still be in bed, I`ll speak to him later to see what`s happening.