Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker / The Mandalorian / The Clone Wars  (Read 226970 times)

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One / Rebels / The Last Jedi / Han Solo
« Reply #560 on: September 5, 2017, 11:06:55 pm »
Colin Trevorrow Out as 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Director

olin Trevorrow is no longer directing Star Wars: Episode IX.

Lucasfilm and Disney announced the exit Tuesday:

"Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX. Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon," read a Lucasfilm statement on Star Wars official site.

Rumors of Trevorrow’s departure have dogged the project since early June, weeks before the opening of The Book of Henry, his thriller that was panned by critics and failed at the box office.

Sources said that script issues have continued to be the continuing sore spot with Episode IX’s development with Trevorrow having had repeated stabs at multiple drafts. In August, Jack Thorne, the British scribe who wrote the upcoming Julia Roberts-Jacob Tremblay movie Wonder, was tapped to work.

This is the latest director shakeup on a LucasFilm title. In June, Phil Lord and Chris Miller were fired from the Star Wars Han Solo standalone with only a couple of weeks left of scheduled production. The two were later replaced by Ron Howard, who is finishing out production of the project in London now.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/colin-trevorrow-as-director-star-wars-episode-ix-1035463
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #561 on: September 6, 2017, 12:14:20 am »
What a mess
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #562 on: September 6, 2017, 01:05:29 am »

Wow - at least they did it early this time - so no re-writes and re-shoots whilst actually filming/coming to the end of filming...

Does seem weird that 3/5 the new Star Wars films have had issues with the directors...

http://www.starwars.com/news/a-statement-regarding-star-wars-episode-ix
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #563 on: September 6, 2017, 07:18:14 am »
feet firmly in the "meh" camp here.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: September 6, 2017, 08:35:32 am »
Don't think he was a good fit for Star Wars personally, as much as I enjoyed Jurassic World, it was missing that spark I've felt from other Jurassic films.

I'd give Rian Johnson or even Abrams a go at finishing the series off personally.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: September 6, 2017, 12:15:24 pm »
Wow - at least they did it early this time - so no re-writes and re-shoots whilst actually filming/coming to the end of filming...

Does seem weird that 3/5 the new Star Wars films have had issues with the directors...

http://www.starwars.com/news/a-statement-regarding-star-wars-episode-ix

reshoots and pickups aren't unusual for major films, but it's little surprise TFA didn't have major issues, being helmed by JJ himself.

I think what we are seeing here is a combination of learning curve and creative clashes - probably the result of wanting to try new things, but keeping the Star Wars feel.  That's probably why Rogue One also got through. 

It's a hard line to treat, feeling completely new but utterly familiar.  They should just look for the people who are Star Wars fans; people who were inspired to go into movies because of Star Wars.

As an aside, I've often looked at the prequels and wondered what I could have done to write a better, more cohesive collection of scripts.  You only have to look at the fan edits to see I'm not alone in that.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #566 on: September 6, 2017, 01:26:23 pm »

As an aside, I've often looked at the prequels and wondered what I could have done to write a better, more cohesive collection of scripts.  You only have to look at the fan edits to see I'm not alone in that.

That is a path to the Dark Side mate ;)

There have been some superb Fan Edits of the Prequels - and still are some very interesting concepts being edited today (http://originaltrilogy.com/topic/STAR-WARS-Episode-I-THE-ANCIENT-LORE-Episode-I-Remade-Proj-started-2014/id/56472), yet it IS that PT writing - that story, that in my humble opinion prevents the Fan Edits from 'redeeming' the Prequels... (Hal9000's Edits does come close though - well worth a watch)

Sure, they are less offensive, better paced, often more logical, some are even fun & enjoyable to watch, clever, or technically impressive - yet even they can't quite save those pesky Prequels - though thankfully these Fan Edits do make the them more tolerable...

(and that's not to take away from the exhaustive and quality efforts of all those Fan Editors out there - it's just my two-penneth obviously)

Is is a shame that AdyWan has decided not to work on a PT-Revisited - though fully understandable given the the workload, energy, commitment and time constraints that the 2 Revisited films have taken so far..
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #567 on: September 6, 2017, 01:31:19 pm »
The problem with edits of the PT is, you can't polish a turd.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: September 6, 2017, 01:43:42 pm »

The whole concept of it is bollocks.

There's enough about Darth Vader in the OT.

The idea that you'd want to retrofit it to spoil the big reveal at the heart of the original trilogy shows a really poor grasp of storytelling.

Could have done any number of other stories from the universe, ones that didn't pull all the magic from the original films in the way that the prequels do.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #569 on: September 6, 2017, 01:52:35 pm »

I was just thinking about these movies today in the car. I think the problem is that the story is just not fit for a trilogy. If they wanted to capture the rise of Darth Vader it would have been better if he wasn't at the center of the story but in its peripheral - he's just not a good main character. Besides all the terrible dialogue and story beats, its just boring - this happened, this happened, this happened... poor drama.

That's my 2 cents on that.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #570 on: September 6, 2017, 02:49:28 pm »

'This tricked-out R2 Unit lets you become a master droid builder'...

littleBits and Disney have joined forces to create a customisable R2 Unit

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/star-wars-droid-inventor-kit-r2-unit-littlebits (with video)

Looks kind of fun - not sure on the £100 price though - seems a bit much... (though maybe not - given components required etc?)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #571 on: September 6, 2017, 02:55:42 pm »
Seems reasonable compared to this fucker!

http://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/jedichallenges/
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #572 on: September 6, 2017, 03:52:46 pm »
Seems reasonable compared to this fucker!

http://www3.lenovo.com/gb/en/jedichallenges/

Get both and it'll still be around half the price of that Lego Falcon ;)

May need a bit of extra money to shut the kids up whilst all us 'adults' are playing with them though...

In the US it's being sold for $200, here at £250! :(

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qCMFlucMqKQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qCMFlucMqKQ</a>

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: September 6, 2017, 07:44:46 pm »
That is a path to the Dark Side mate ;)

Oh yes indeed it is mate!  ;D

Thing is, there are things in the prequels that work.  Some of the concepts - the characters, their relationships with one another - have a lot of potential.

I wouldn't even bother trying to fan edit the existing PT.  I would just do a complete rewrite of the entire prequel synopsis, lifting what worked and ignoring what didn't work.

Of course you can't get away from spoiling the "big reveal" in ESB, so naturally people must watch the OT first and then go to the prequels.  But once you get away from the rigid, sub standard structure of the prequels and start messing about with brand new concepts it becomes a lot more fun.  :)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #574 on: September 6, 2017, 09:18:28 pm »
Was pissed last week one night ,so ye know

Full_Size_Render_10" border="0

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: September 6, 2017, 10:15:06 pm »
This will bring back some memories:

http://jedibusiness.com/star-wars-figures.aspx?type=toyline&typeName=vintage

Wish I hadn't sold all my figures years ago...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #576 on: September 12, 2017, 04:11:32 pm »
JJ Abrams confirmed as director for Episode IX.  He'll co-write with Chris Terrio who (looks up IMDB) wrote Batman v Superman... 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #577 on: September 12, 2017, 04:14:30 pm »
JJ Abrams confirmed as director for Episode IX.  He'll co-write with Chris Terrio who (looks up IMDB) wrote Batman v Superman... 

eugh
:D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: September 12, 2017, 05:02:11 pm »
eugh

Can't wait to see what his ewok substitutes are.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #579 on: September 12, 2017, 05:08:59 pm »
Was pissed last week one night ,so ye know

Full_Size_Render_10" border="0

Certainly better than the last gimp mask I saw you in

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #580 on: September 13, 2017, 02:30:50 am »

Thank fuck I missed the lens flare in the other films.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #581 on: September 14, 2017, 12:36:58 am »
Certainly better than the last gimp mask I saw you in
haha ;D

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #582 on: September 16, 2017, 12:31:11 pm »

James Richardson (via JimboVision) reviews The Force Awakens...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gACx_AO6Rmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gACx_AO6Rmc</a>

James Richardson reviews Rogue One...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QUbSyC-Pxn0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QUbSyC-Pxn0</a>

more Jimbo film reviews over at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo1Uqueql7hxXklZZTj1Ycw

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #583 on: September 17, 2017, 08:19:46 pm »
Don't think he was a good fit for Star Wars personally, as much as I enjoyed Jurassic World, it was missing that spark I've felt from other Jurassic films.

I'd give Rian Johnson or even Abrams a go at finishing the series off personally.

You got your wish kid.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #584 on: September 18, 2017, 12:57:17 pm »
Pleased to see James Richardson is not great at this film review lark.

However agree with his verdict. First time you see Force Awakens it is great, 3rd time, it is a solid 8/10 for me.

I do expect Rian Johnson's The Last Jedi to be better and more original mind
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #585 on: September 20, 2017, 11:31:09 pm »

However agree with his verdict. First time you see Force Awakens it is great, 3rd time, it is a solid 8/10 for me.

Jimbo is decent at it - but will hopefully stick to the footy in the main :)

Aye, TLJ won't (or shouldn't) have the restraints that TFA likely had put upon it (from the suits - being the first film in their $4b acquisition and a need to distance themselves from the Prequels and move to a more Original Trilogy feel, yet play it 'safe' somewhat) - am very much looking forward to it...

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: September 20, 2017, 11:53:59 pm »
Can't wait to see what his ewok substitutes are.

They're called Porgs. Disney wants that Minions cash I guess. Shame.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #587 on: September 22, 2017, 10:25:34 am »
Post Production and Vis-FX Has Wrapped on ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi'

Looks like the cut of the film has passed without any major issues

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #588 on: September 22, 2017, 10:52:00 am »
daily_afternoon_randomness_49_photos_2347" border="0

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: September 22, 2017, 10:58:33 am »

I think we needed that 'safe' Star Wars film, for sure.

I can out of TFA relatively disappointed, but when put into perspective with the prequels, thank God.  ;D It's an 8/10, but there's definitely part of it that felt it was on a leash almost.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #590 on: September 22, 2017, 11:23:12 am »

I can out of TFA relatively disappointed, but when put into perspective with the prequels, thank God.  ;D It's an 8/10, but there's definitely part of it that felt it was on a leash almost.
In TFA i thought Rey and Finn were a bit too Enid Blyton/comic strip ''Five Go Mad in Dorset'' english type disney for me

liked the fleem but thought they were a bit meh

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #591 on: September 22, 2017, 03:45:38 pm »

It could have done literally anything else and pulled in the same numbers. Recycling the first movie was lazy and boring and the film itself had all the charm and fun you'd expect from a Disney mandated franchise movie.

I'm slightly more optimistic about episode 8, but I'd be surprised if it was truly good and not just member berry good.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #592 on: October 7, 2017, 06:12:34 pm »
Sorry if this has been asked and answered - I haven't watched the latest season of "Rebels" yet, so I am  a bit hesitant to scroll back through the thread.

Does anyone know the reading order for the newer Star Wars novels? I saw a bunch of them at the bookstore today and was wondering.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #593 on: October 7, 2017, 06:33:17 pm »
Sorry if this has been asked and answered - I haven't watched the latest season series of "Rebels" yet, so I am  a bit hesitant to scroll back through the thread.

Does anyone know the reading order for the newer Star Wars novels? I saw a bunch of them at the bookstore today and was wondering.

Fixed that for you.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: October 7, 2017, 07:10:54 pm »
Sorry if this has been asked and answered - I haven't watched the latest season of "Rebels" yet, so I am  a bit hesitant to scroll back through the thread.

Here you go...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_books

Most of those are for young kids, the blue ones are the proper novels. Apparently the best ones are by Claudia Gray.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #595 on: October 8, 2017, 07:13:01 am »
Here you go...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_books

Most of those are for young kids, the blue ones are the proper novels. Apparently the best ones are by Claudia Gray.

Excellent, cheers Rob  :thumbup
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #596 on: October 8, 2017, 08:00:20 am »
Fixed that for you.

What do you guys call the entire run of a show? We use season for one year and series for the whole thing.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #597 on: October 8, 2017, 08:34:35 am »
What do you guys call the entire run of a show? We use season for one year and series for the whole thing.

Series is one season in the UK.

Series 1, Series 2 etc..

Well it is here. Southerners are weird, so they might call it something else.

Here's quite a good discussion on it ; https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/27090/season-vs-series
« Last Edit: October 8, 2017, 08:36:20 am by Andy @ Allerton »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #598 on: October 8, 2017, 01:03:46 pm »

From the official Star Wars instagram account...

'Get ready. Trailer tomorrow. #StarWars #TheLastJedi'

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ-_eYXhQxW/

(the instagram link features a very brief video...)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #599 on: October 8, 2017, 02:25:18 pm »
Series is one season in the UK.

Series 1, Series 2 etc..

Well it is here. Southerners are weird, so they might call it something else.

Here's quite a good discussion on it ; https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/27090/season-vs-series

Yea everything is a series. Its annoying as hell when I here UK people call things "season". It not like TV series's have just appeared so you are unsure on what to call it!