Author Topic: Fear The Walking Dead  (Read 41122 times)

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
Re: Fear The Walking Dead
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2015, 03:15:12 am »
What you have to take into account is, they are in a world where the word Zombie and what it means doesn't exist.

We've all seen dozens of films etc on this subject and all of us have plans in place what we'd do if ever there was a breakout.

They don't have this privilege.

Plus you're right ;)

Whilst I understand where you are coming from it still doesn't explain the plain stupidity they are displaying. In any kind of bad situation information and the passing on of said info is crucial, yet here people have vital experiences already that could save the lives of people they care about and for some reason unbeknown to anyone they decide to keep this to themselves. The worst part of this is it will seemingly have no repercussions whereas in reality it would.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2015, 09:20:17 am »
has this got any better?

I really need something new to watch
cyas

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2015, 09:21:35 am »
What you have to take into account is, they are in a world where the word Zombie and what it means doesn't exist.

We've all seen dozens of films etc on this subject and all of us have plans in place what we'd do if ever there was a breakout.

They don't have this privilege.

Plus you're right ;)

I get that, but its a frustration I have with the genre in general. They are all the same in this regard, that's why its annoying they are following the exact same tropes. They don't have to, they could be different and not have people be dumb and still end up getting eaten.

The break down and rioting aspect is very good, that's believable. Its a reflection of situations we have seen in the media in recent years. We have though also seen panic and hysteria over the likes of Ebola, they should be reflecting/using that.
They sort of are, but not well enough. They are reacting like its some kind of illness, well the dickhead dad is, but they aren't behaving hysterical like people did over Ebola and they should be. Having everyone be that manic and hysterical over the outbreak, which then it turns out to be so much worse than they thought, that would be an interesting new angle.

That said, I like how this episode ended, hopefully we are actually going to see what the official response looked like and how it ultimately failed. I hope it makes sense.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2015, 12:29:55 pm »
a little better, mainly because there was relatively little dialogue.  still very boring, and cliche piled upon cliche.

the thing with the neighbour was nicely done though.  also i did laugh when there were vehicles burning in the street but fortunately their own truck was completely unscratched :lmao
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2015, 12:01:06 am »
a little better, mainly because there was relatively little dialogue.  still very boring, and cliche piled upon cliche.

the thing with the neighbour was nicely done though.  also i did laugh when there were vehicles burning in the street but fortunately their own truck was completely unscratched :lmao

Yeah - miracuous escape for their truck. Who'd of thunk it.

The other bit that got me chuckling was the big beefy neighbour putting out his purple bin!!

;D

Offline matlfc

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2015, 09:14:41 am »
did i miss something with the plane in the latest one? They seemed to really focus on it and i was expecting a fireball but it just seemed to fly off?
They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2015, 09:49:21 am »
I was wondering about that too. Didn't notice anything about it.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2015, 10:42:03 am »
Will this ever blend / collide into Walking Deads world?

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2015, 11:38:18 am »
did i miss something with the plane in the latest one? They seemed to really focus on it and i was expecting a fireball but it just seemed to fly off?

Spoiler
They are going to do some kind of episode set on a plane, where there will be a survivor of it that joins the cast/group. So I guess that's the tie in.

I don't know if it will be a webisode, a special or just switching to another point of view character and telling their story.
[close]
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline matlfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2015, 12:47:42 pm »
yeah that could be why. Thought it was the best one so far anyway.
They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2015, 10:41:34 pm »
Usual site playing up with episode 4, any other decent site to get it from?

Offline pazcom

• Kopite
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2015, 11:10:40 pm »
Usual site playing up with episode 4, any other decent site to get it from?

Got mine from kick ass torrents, not HD but very watchable
Keira 29/04/1999
 --- Violet 09/09/2020
 --- Myles 13/10/2021
Sophie 26/04/2006

My little Reds

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2015, 12:23:29 am »
Watched on cokeandpopcorn earlier and it was fine

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2015, 11:19:57 am »
Thanks. Nothing seems to download or stream via the tablet for some reason. :butt

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2015, 02:03:04 pm »
latest episode is better, but the subplots are largely uninteresting, and the main idea is predictable.  at least it tried to show some visual panache though.  some really nice shots in there.

Spoiler
the complete absence of zombies always makes for a better episode, for me.
[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2015, 02:47:54 pm »
Spoiler
They are going to do some kind of episode set on a plane, where there will be a survivor of it that joins the cast/group. So I guess that's the tie in.

I don't know if it will be a webisode, a special or just switching to another point of view character and telling their story.
[close]

Spoiler
Mini episodes shown in the ad break of The Walking Dead
[close]

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2015, 07:19:59 pm »
Spoiler
Not quite sure what the mum was trying to achieve by going on the search for people outside the fence - what if she came across some of the 'ill' people? No weapons or training - or experience of fighting. Well in to her for leaving a weak point in the fence too...

Seems we went from a riot/unrest to an empty city and fenced-off safe zones pretty quickly too!

We did learn the army are bad people in just one episode though (if you play golf in TWD you're a cnut!).

[close]

Only 2 episodes left of the season... the trailer for next week's episode looks decent...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 07:22:10 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2015, 07:30:15 pm »
Spoiler
The army is interesting. Obviously they are painted as the bad guys. But with hindsight in TWD, absolute ruthlessness in getting rid of threats and sick people would probably have been needed to save society. I guess in real life people wouldn't stand for it, which would eventually lead to the last bit of society collapsing which I suppose is going to happen in the show. If you look at Ricks group now though, anyone dieing gets their brain destroyed and thats just the way it is - for safety.

[close]

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2015, 10:58:25 pm »
Another good episode. Don't like Travis much though.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2015, 11:43:55 pm »
I'd say it's gotten a lot better since the first episode. It certainly seems to be interesting in a way that it's parent show isn't.
Spoiler
I'm interested in the world outside the fence, and at least now there is some kind of plausible explanation for the lack of survivors when you have death squads eliminating anyone, dead or alive, outside of the declared safe zones. I wonder if they've learned to shoot people in the head? It would be even more logical for the rise in the numbers of zombies if they haven't.
[close]

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2015, 08:04:35 pm »
Great episode this week

Spoiler
The mexican barber is fucked up  ;D
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2015, 11:31:05 am »
Think I enjoyed it more than the others.

Now that it seems it gets more interesting
Spoiler
they are gonna be left alone to survive
[close]
the season ends.

PS: The daughter once again was marvelous :)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2015, 01:33:43 pm »
Great episode this week

Everyone to their own I guess. I dearly wanted the series to be good. But I'm left feeling entirely the opposite to you regarding this show and its excruciating cast.

In fact the only positive thing I can say about what I'm regrettably compelled to term an abomination is that it provides a direct comparison with the original series underlining just how great the real Walking Dead has been and continues to be. Roll on October.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2015, 06:33:19 pm »
gona give ep1 1 more go
cyas

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #104 on: October 1, 2015, 02:18:30 am »
Thought the last episode picked up the pace and interest somewhat - though the actual 'decisions' of the
Spoiler
army to go through with COBALT (kill all civilians as then there'll be less infected to be a threat) was poorly done - and far from logical. Still feel cheated as the show hasn't actually shown things went to pot and how civilisation ended.

Did like it showed the descent in the ranks and what the actual individual soldiers are going through - their youth, inexperience, fatigue, yearning for family - but it didn't focus enough on it.

Nice twist with Salazar.

Old Spice man in the cage seems the most interesting character yet - be interesting to what skills he thinks Nick has to help him escape.

Seems the doors at the stadium may not hold the infected in for much longer either...
[close]

Looking forward to the last episode of the season next week, and then the start of S6 of TWD on the 11th :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 1, 2015, 01:04:00 pm »
Spoiler
Still feel cheated as the show hasn't actually shown things went to pot and how civilisation ended.
[close]
Spoiler
This is my biggest problem with the show. Episodes one to three were very slow - then episode four comes and we are suddenly nine days ahead in the story. I don't get the reason for the time jump at all. It skipped everything which I thought ep 1-3 was building up to as well as everything I thought FTWD was supposed to show us. And to make it all the more jarring it came after that very slow paced start as well. I've got whiplash trying to figure out how we've got to the point we are now at. All the army stuff, while it is interesting, feels like it ought to belong in a later season. It's like they just wanted to get to Colbalt happening as quickly as possible because woo big dramatic finish.

I know they have a second season already confirmed but they can't be anticipating this being a long running thing, can they? It's a pretty short story window which they have to exist in and time jumps won't do them any favours in regards to prolonging it.
[close]

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 2, 2015, 08:38:08 am »
The limitations may be budgetary. It feels like a smaller budget than TWD. By using the suburban location, they kept a cap on costs. Besides those 9 days were probably pretty dull in the timeline. The world went to shit, but they were fenced in. Much like the parent show, it is the story of one family, and the people that they happen to travel with. The wider world us only relevant where it affects them.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: October 2, 2015, 02:17:56 pm »
The limitations may be budgetary. It feels like a smaller budget than TWD. By using the suburban location, they kept a cap on costs. Besides those 9 days were probably pretty dull in the timeline. The world went to shit, but they were fenced in. Much like the parent show, it is the story of one family, and the people that they happen to travel with. The wider world us only relevant where it affects them.

Imagine an episode of them being given rations and putting up fences. The fume would be unreal

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #108 on: October 2, 2015, 02:27:20 pm »
Spoiler
This is my biggest problem with the show. Episodes one to three were very slow - then episode four comes and we are suddenly nine days ahead in the story. I don't get the reason for the time jump at all. It skipped everything which I thought ep 1-3 was building up to as well as everything I thought FTWD was supposed to show us. And to make it all the more jarring it came after that very slow paced start as well. I've got whiplash trying to figure out how we've got to the point we are now at. All the army stuff, while it is interesting, feels like it ought to belong in a later season. It's like they just wanted to get to Colbalt happening as quickly as possible because woo big dramatic finish.

I know they have a second season already confirmed but they can't be anticipating this being a long running thing, can they? It's a pretty short story window which they have to exist in and time jumps won't do them any favours in regards to prolonging it.
[close]

Spoiler
Exactly - the slow build-up and then the fast forward cheat. No tv/internet news reports on what is going on during the fall (the 2004 Dawn Of The Dead film did a great job with this in a budget stylee - here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBia991p73E), no newspapers flapping about in the wind, or even the son Chris with his love for youtube and media  - nowt. Just the jump to afterwards with the characters hearing, seeing and seemingly questioning nothing in the meantime.

Maybe we'll see flashbacks of other new characters as the series progresses - though if it happens it'll likely be a smaller scale focusing on their own perspective rather than the outside world - doh!

There is still the one episode to go of course - but a good quote on the show from elsewhere had it down as 'right now it seems the Zombies have taken over the world - yet no-one here has noticed'.
[close]

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #109 on: October 2, 2015, 02:32:41 pm »
Basically they are cloning WD, same situation, same story, just different people. Its basically a waste of time as its not really showing anything different. Its not showing what happened, its not shedding any new light, which is what it teased it would do.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 2, 2015, 06:03:55 pm »
I like it. Hopefully the male lead doesn't last long though.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #111 on: October 3, 2015, 09:37:00 am »
On a general note, I read somewhere that the creator of the comic hasn't and probably won't reveal how it all started. Now, I don't mind it that much but it would be good to know at some point.

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: October 3, 2015, 11:57:29 am »
On a general note, I read somewhere that the creator of the comic hasn't and probably won't reveal how it all started. Now, I don't mind it that much but it would be good to know at some point.

In world they probably don't know. The CDC bloke did not know so it probably went to shit before they tracked a source.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: October 3, 2015, 02:37:14 pm »
Basically they are cloning WD, same situation, same story, just different people. Its basically a waste of time as its not really showing anything different. Its not showing what happened, its not shedding any new light, which is what it teased it would do.
More or less my initial complaints of it. I've grown to like it more, probably because I like the idea of the FEMA style safe zone setting set up inside a residential area. However, it just feels like they missed an opportunity there to do something interesting with the military characters. It's obviously the budget that's hamstrung it. They probably wanted to show the breakdown in more detail, but instead we're left to our own imaginations with shots of the surrounding area being eery, quiet and bereft of any life. Though when you think about it, that doesn't make much sense either, seeing they are literally only a few miles away from one of the most densely populated cities on the planet. There should have been hints of a massive battle there. They could have shown bombs being dropped, or some sort of refugee movement from the city. Just small details like that, and they don't even have to be visual either.  Instead we're left to assume that everyone just died, or was killed by the army going by how empty the streets are.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: October 3, 2015, 03:23:45 pm »
More or less my initial complaints of it. I've grown to like it more, probably because I like the idea of the FEMA style safe zone setting set up inside a residential area. However, it just feels like they missed an opportunity there to do something interesting with the military characters. It's obviously the budget that's hamstrung it. They probably wanted to show the breakdown in more detail, but instead we're left to our own imaginations with shots of the surrounding area being eery, quiet and bereft of any life. Though when you think about it, that doesn't make much sense either, seeing they are literally only a few miles away from one of the most densely populated cities on the planet. There should have been hints of a massive battle there. They could have shown bombs being dropped, or some sort of refugee movement from the city. Just small details like that, and they don't even have to be visual either.  Instead we're left to assume that everyone just died, or was killed by the army going by how empty the streets are.

Remember when Rick went to Atlanta though? The City was dead until he got to that one street where all the walkers were.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #115 on: October 5, 2015, 01:07:28 pm »
Ok finale. Not great but not woeful. It's just the walking dead in a different place.  Same sort of story, same generic characters.

You'd think they would think outside the box a bit if they are doing a spin off.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #116 on: October 5, 2015, 01:29:24 pm »
Ok finale. Not great but not woeful. It's just the walking dead in a different place.  Same sort of story, same generic characters.

You'd think they would think outside the box a bit if they are doing a spin off.

Spoiler
Sadly yes - though kind of interesting to see how they fare on a boat next season - lots of people reckon ask why not get to a boat where you can be safer on it instead of on land? (albeit with dangers of stocking up supplies, and learning to pilot a boat, other boats etc) Guess we'll find out...
[close]

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #117 on: October 6, 2015, 11:14:24 am »
Nice finale. Probably more money thrown at it than the previous episodes.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 6, 2015, 04:31:46 pm »
Did I miss something when
Spoiler
It cut to the compound with Salazar outside it with a horde of zombies right behind him? They also let the army fella go he was torturing. It was just really shit editing, or my stream was missing 5 minutes.
[close]

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #119 on: October 6, 2015, 05:55:57 pm »
Did I miss something when
Spoiler
It cut to the compound with Salazar outside it with a horde of zombies right behind him? They also let the army fella go he was torturing. It was just really shit editing, or my stream was missing 5 minutes.
[close]

Spoiler
no mate - seems Salazar let them out of the stadium (off camera) - which is a bit risky as he'd no way of knowing how to control the hoarde or get them to follow him (by the events so far in this show anyway).

Good job the North Gate of the camp was on a corner and had a massive blindspot... And the army also going to the SW Stormtrooper school of shooting too ;)

The dad let the soldier go as they were leaving the safe haven to go to the camp - but weird how the soldier then went there and stayed around as it all went to shit just for a chance to get to Salazar - if that had been me I'd have avoided the base as soon as the 1st fence was overrun.

Seems we now learn dad is useful with his fists a bit too...
[close]