Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3122261 times)

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #22680 on: May 24, 2022, 10:04:31 pm »
We have been linked with him for months by respectable journalists and his fee has been touted as being between 60 and 80 million. Bo doubt discussions have been going on with the player during this time and we would have done due dilligance on expected price. He was clearly out number 1 target this summer. To thibk we wouldn't pay only 68m for a player of his class that just turned 22 is bonkers. Not one journalist has said there was a bidding war. Not sure why people find it so hard to say he just chose Madrid over us. It happens but it's a shame as he is unbelievably talented and of course that's exactly why Madrid wanted him.

Come on, we all know that Real Madrid have agreed to pay AS Monaco's asking price of €80 million plus bonuses, and we haven't even made a bid. It is not a shame to admit that we can't afford to be part of these battles ...

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22681 on: May 24, 2022, 10:06:21 pm »
I’m pretty sure we would also pay the required 68m. I don’t think the fee or the salary is an issue….I think he wants to go to Madrid, which is fair enough.

70 mil is probably the equivalent of 50 mil 4 years ago.

If the asking price is met, then it’s up to the player to choose….we probably didn’t bid as we knew he was going to choose Madrid.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22682 on: May 24, 2022, 10:08:15 pm »
I really, really wish we could finally get to talking about the full financial package when we talk about signings. When you factor in expected agent fees and wages either Tchoumeni or Bellingham would be ~£150m costs if their transfer fee is €80m or more. There's no way either of them are worth that. I honestly wouldn't expect to sign either of them, not because we can't but that we shouldn't at that type of price/cost. Not bothered in the slightest.

Genuine question, why is this now becoming a thing with signings?

Is it due to the increase in wages? Go back a couple of years and a £50 million player was a £50 million player, now there's this push to include wages in any talk of a new signing to inflate the appearance of the cost of the signing, wages have always been a part of buying a player. It started as a way to insist opposition sides were overspending on players (sometimes very true) but now it's used for anyone young with big potential. Where are the figures for Tchouameni from and what are they based on? From what is often reported for targets, short of very few players whos demands are clearly outlined before they're bought (correct me if i'm wrong) most players wages, the agent fee etc are never really brought up which seems to suggest these package discussions would be filled with wild speculation based on little factual information unless i'm completely wrong.

Prime example... Diaz. I wouldn't have backed anyone on here to get the figures right for a proposed deal if you attempt to discuss agent fees and wages before we secured a deal for him. He doesn't seem one of those players with an agent looking for a huge cut or demanding astronomical wages.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22683 on: May 24, 2022, 10:09:11 pm »
I’m pretty sure we would also pay the required 68m. I don’t think the fee or the salary is an issue….I think he wants to go to Madrid, which is fair enough.

70 mil is probably the equivalent of 50 mil 4 years ago.

Then why we haven't even made a bid? It was reported yesterday that Tchouameni has agreed the personal terms with both clubs. And then comes the Echo of all sources with the story that "Tchouameni has chosen to join Real Madrid" ...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22684 on: May 24, 2022, 10:10:14 pm »
Sangare looks like one big bad mofo. Seriously if we get him no one messes with us in Midfield.  ;D

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22685 on: May 24, 2022, 10:13:42 pm »
Sangare looks like one big bad mofo. Seriously if we get him no one messes with us in Midfield.  ;D

I doubt that someone good enough for our team will be playing in the Eredivisie at the age of 24 ...

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22686 on: May 24, 2022, 10:14:25 pm »
Yes - very odd. As the asking price was probably set by Monaco.  Not sure why we have not bid.

I think if we want the Fab / Keita level of players, then I think 60+ mil will be the cost.

Imagine how much VVD would cost now assuming he was 26 when we bought him. Clearly 100+.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22687 on: May 24, 2022, 10:17:58 pm »
I doubt that someone good enough for our team will be playing in the Eredivisie at the age of 24 ...

He can scare the others Mac.  ;D

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22688 on: May 24, 2022, 10:18:13 pm »
Sangare looks a bit slow and gangly from my brief scouting on YouTube. Certainly looks like a downgrade from Tsunami

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22689 on: May 24, 2022, 10:19:25 pm »
Then why we haven't even made a bid? It was reported yesterday that Tchouameni has agreed the personal terms with both clubs. And then comes the Echo of all sources with the story that "Tchouameni has chosen to join Real Madrid" ...
The two aren't actually contradictory. You can agree terms with two clubs (in reality, the clubs meet the agent negotiated terms) - and then choose one of them. You can't sign for both.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22690 on: May 24, 2022, 10:20:00 pm »
Sangare looks a bit slow and gangly from my brief scouting on YouTube. Certainly looks like a downgrade from Tsunami

Thunderstorms are downgrades from Tsunami's too - doesn't mean they can't be scary as fuck

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22691 on: May 24, 2022, 10:20:46 pm »
Yes - very odd. As the asking price was probably set by Monaco.  Not sure why we have not bid.

I think if we want the Fab / Keita level of players, then I think 60+ mil will be the cost.

Imagine how much VVD would cost now assuming he was 26 when we bought him. Clearly 100+.

We have signed Van Dijk and Alisson when we've sold Coutinho. Apart from that, our transfer record is £48 million for Keita. So we are not really in the league that can afford €80+ million, without selling a major player ...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22692 on: May 24, 2022, 10:22:38 pm »
Pete, throwing a little petulant strop after saying you needlessly talked down to Killer Heels earlier because you're 'too positive' isn't the strongest defence mate ;D

Could have just apologised to her?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22693 on: May 24, 2022, 10:23:21 pm »
We have signed Van Dijk and Alisson when we've sold Coutinho. Apart from that, our transfer record is £48 million for Keita. So we are not really in the league that can afford €80+ million, without selling a major player ...

What were we about to pay for Thomas Lemar?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22694 on: May 24, 2022, 10:24:58 pm »
What were we about to pay for Thomas Lemar?

Have we ever paid a penny for Lemar? Not that I remember. It was probably just a nice PR exercise from the club ...

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22695 on: May 24, 2022, 10:28:13 pm »
It was only yesterday that you were reminding us of your foresight in recommending the last 24 year old we signed from the Eredivisie.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22696 on: May 24, 2022, 10:32:00 pm »
It was only yesterday that you were reminding us of your foresight in recommending the last 24 year old we signed from the Eredivisie.

Nah, you must have mistaken me for someone else. It is a well known fact that the Eredivisie players are flops in the Premier League ...

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #22697 on: May 24, 2022, 11:05:02 pm »
Genuine question, why is this now becoming a thing with signings?

Is it due to the increase in wages? Go back a couple of years and a £50 million player was a £50 million player, now there's this push to include wages in any talk of a new signing to inflate the appearance of the cost of the signing, wages have always been a part of buying a player. It started as a way to insist opposition sides were overspending on players (sometimes very true) but now it's used for anyone young with big potential. Where are the figures for Tchouameni from and what are they based on? From what is often reported for targets, short of very few players whos demands are clearly outlined before they're bought (correct me if i'm wrong) most players wages, the agent fee etc are never really brought up which seems to suggest these package discussions would be filled with wild speculation based on little factual information unless i'm completely wrong.

Prime example... Diaz. I wouldn't have backed anyone on here to get the figures right for a proposed deal if you attempt to discuss agent fees and wages before we secured a deal for him. He doesn't seem one of those players with an agent looking for a huge cut or demanding astronomical wages.

To fully answer this would take quite a while. What I would say is the true cost of signing a player should always be fully understood, no? If Mbappe signed at Real Madrid instead of PSG was that truly a "free" signing? Is Haaland's cost comparable with with other £60m signings? For Haaland, how much do you bet if he's doing well we're going to hear non-stop next season the £60m that was paid and what a deal it was without mentioning the other £150m+ also being paid?

Wages across clubs and leagues are not standardized as well so to assume what Barca pays their £50m signing and what Arsenal pay their £50m signing are the same is clearly not true when you just look at their respective wage bills.

Diaz for instance, I wouldn't make any assumptions. LFC under FSG have had no problem paying Agent fees and our wage bill is top 5 in the world. Diaz isn't going to be on peanuts even if it may pale in comparison to what Haaland or Mbappe is getting.

All of this as you're noting is due to the lack of transparency aside from the transfer fee itself so that's what people go on. You can infer it by the books of the club the following year but it's never cut and dry, hopefully it starts to be reported more regularly though as it gives fans a better understanding of what something is or isn't truly costing.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22698 on: May 24, 2022, 11:18:49 pm »
Nah, you must have mistaken me for someone else. It is a well known fact that the Eredivisie players are flops in the Premier League ...

Ok mate, you can GTF.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #22699 on: May 24, 2022, 11:29:36 pm »
*waits for Tepid ''And Chimps'

;D
Chinos that look like Brucie ;D

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22700 on: May 24, 2022, 11:33:13 pm »
Marca are reporting tonight that Madrid are not willing to pay €80m.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22701 on: May 24, 2022, 11:36:03 pm »
What are ya doin mate?

Fucking bizarre this site. Theres some absolute shithouses on here n this lad gets constant shit

He’s on a wind up. Maybe you don’t see it mate. You seem to think he’s Spartacus, but she’s off to Paris.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22702 on: May 24, 2022, 11:43:48 pm »
Everybody could do with relaxing a bit. There is a definite case of both sides acting the maggot.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22703 on: May 24, 2022, 11:43:53 pm »
RAWK has finally made Capon snap.

NICE ONE DICKWADS!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22704 on: May 24, 2022, 11:47:49 pm »
Let's all sing Kumbaya lads.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22705 on: May 24, 2022, 11:52:28 pm »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22706 on: May 24, 2022, 11:56:51 pm »
I’ve reduced the warning so Mac Red isn’t muted any more.

You might as well get on with it - I’ll steer well clear.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 12:12:13 am by royhendo »

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #22707 on: May 25, 2022, 12:14:20 am »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22708 on: May 25, 2022, 12:16:51 am »

That's why you're the GOAT Mod Roy.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22709 on: May 25, 2022, 12:17:52 am »

He's got the same look the old man across the road when I was growing up had when the ball got kicked into his front garden. Marching out to grab the ball and lay into the kids.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22710 on: May 25, 2022, 12:20:24 am »
As is always the case, struggling to get excited about possible Tchouameni alternatives as they all seem to have a bit of downside. And as always, once our true target emerges my feelings will change completely, knowing that if we've pulled the trigger then we must think they're absolute mustard.

I think Keita’s form leads me to think we wont move onto other targets, we may have seen something in Tchouameni that we liked but something that isnt replicated elsewhere. We do have more than enough options. I guess we will see but dont assume we definitely look elsewhere.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #22711 on: May 25, 2022, 12:20:36 am »

Why? Without the "holier than thou" stuff his comments to KH and others were way, way out of line.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22712 on: May 25, 2022, 12:23:05 am »

That Suarez chap wasn't too shabby
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22713 on: May 25, 2022, 12:25:25 am »
Real Madrid really having second thoughts of paying 80 million for Tchoo Tchoo now.  Some of their most reliable journos are saying it now too.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22714 on: May 25, 2022, 12:34:44 am »
Real Madrid really having second thoughts of paying 80 million for Tchoo Tchoo now.  Some of their most reliable journos are saying it now too.

If Tchouameni has chosen them over us it makes sense, we would almost certainly pull out of negotiations if he chose another team over us, giving Real time to then negotiate the fee down a bit knowing that we can't/won't gazump them.

That's if he has chosen them, it's possible they feel he prefers us and so are playing the "didn't want him anyway" card.

I think Keita’s form leads me to think we wont move onto other targets, we may have seen something in Tchouameni that we liked but something that isnt replicated elsewhere. We do have more than enough options. I guess we will see but dont assume we definitely look elsewhere.

Strongly disagree on us having enough options. We've had a few months of practically no midfield injuries which has meant great strength in depth, but pretty much every midfielder we have had persistent injury issues over the past few seasons before that, albeit to varying degrees.

A single injury to one of the main four midfielders and we're immediately a bit stretched.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 12:39:39 am by Schmidt »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22715 on: May 25, 2022, 12:41:53 am »
haha i wasnt lying. I still get stopped by piss eds in town who remember me into my late teens an early 20s. Its funny at my brothers wedding about 5 years ago everyone my lil brother knew back then was there an they were all like 'Fucking hell mate, you were my hero' hahaha it was fucking bizarre as it was me who got them all into footy appaently . i Was jus Some lil cocky prick who wore a Maradona Argentina top with 10 on the back with a big fucking busby style afro doing every trick in the book

Played for Tranmere when they were first division(the one below the prem) Played for southport. Had offers from Preston,Wigan, Blackpool, and a few other north west teams

Was a competitive runner an all. Did the 100 metres in 11 seconds and did long distance running . cross country in tournies across the country. Played basketball, hockey, Badminton and Table Tennis  , chess all at a competitive level im forgetting a few an all
Footballs loss is Photoshops gain and you're also bringing back Idi Amin back into the consciousness.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22716 on: May 25, 2022, 12:59:02 am »

Strongly disagree on us having enough options. We've had a few months of practically no midfield injuries which has meant great strength in depth, but pretty much every midfielder we have had persistent injury issues over the past few seasons before that, albeit to varying degrees.

A single injury to one of the main four midfielders and we're immediately a bit stretched.
Thiago/Keita/Jones/Elliott/Henderson/Possibly Milner/Possibly Morton is probably enough Number wise. Issue is Thiago/Keita have be managed minutes wise, Henderson also had injury problems in the past. Sounds like Milner may stay not 100% sure, Morton looked solid in the League Cup but hasnt been to involved overall since first half not sure how he viewed with the staff.
If Klopp fine with nobody else would think it ok but would think adding one over the summer so not over pushing Jones/Elliott too much and Henderson can help Fabinho manage minutes better with 5 subs(I would expect when there 3 games a week next season it will either be 2 or 3 Mfers are getting subbed depending on the game with 1 or 2 forwards and possibly a Full Back). Only reason I would see not signing somebody is basically Banked to get Jude next summer but we will see.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #22717 on: May 25, 2022, 01:14:35 am »

Just when I thought I was out ...

THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22718 on: May 25, 2022, 01:24:23 am »
That Suarez chap wasn't too shabby
Neither were Gini, Dirk or Sami for that matter.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22719 on: May 25, 2022, 01:26:32 am »
Thiago/Keita/Jones/Elliott/Henderson/Possibly Milner/Possibly Morton is probably enough Number wise. Issue is Thiago/Keita have be managed minutes wise, Henderson also had injury problems in the past. Sounds like Milner may stay not 100% sure, Morton looked solid in the League Cup but hasnt been to involved overall since first half not sure how he viewed with the staff.
If Klopp fine with nobody else would think it ok but would think adding one over the summer so not over pushing Jones/Elliott too much and Henderson can help Fabinho manage minutes better with 5 subs(I would expect when there 3 games a week next season it will either be 2 or 3 Mfers are getting subbed depending on the game with 1 or 2 forwards and possibly a Full Back). Only reason I would see not signing somebody is basically Banked to get Jude next summer but we will see.

Lots of names there but looking at the past couple of seasons, assuming Milner goes we have four midfielders we're likely to rely heavily on, with Jones likely getting a decent amount of minutes and Elliot an unknown. If Keita has another stop start season we'll likely end up needing to overplay some/all of Henderson, Fabinho and Thiago again, resulting in more injuries.

Unless we're expecting Carvalho to come in and play as a #10 regularly we really need one more. We've been so, so strong when we've been able to rotate a couple of midfielders every game.