Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4129762 times)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #62000 on: February 20, 2020, 03:01:05 pm »
I know it is still almost two months away, but can anyone tell me why the fuck Joyce is 3/1 to beat Dubois and 15/2 to win via stoppage? Those are utterly insane odds, and it seems as if the bookies are aboard the hype train too. Don't get me wrong, Dubois has a bundle of talent but he is a pugilistic puppy compared to Joyce. Joyce moves like a glacier, true, but he is significantly bigger than Dubois, so it is interesting to see how Dynamite handles the superior physical strength of Joyce.

Also, Tyson Fury is an utter weapon and I hope he gets flattened. Alas, Wilder is also a weapon.  :-[

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62001 on: February 20, 2020, 03:03:09 pm »
You answered your own question mate. In the UK hype is money maker for betting companies.  The more the hype up Dubois the more money gets piled on. :D

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62002 on: February 20, 2020, 03:10:00 pm »
You answered your own question mate. In the UK hype is money maker for betting companies.  The more the hype up Dubois the more money gets piled on. :D
I'll be backing Joyce at those odds.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62003 on: February 20, 2020, 03:17:09 pm »

Its not just boxing.

I love opposing any Irish team, just because odds are so skewed due to patriotic Paddy betting  ;)

Similar to many other home nations too.

Even if you think they'll win, the odds just don't stack up, so you have to bet against them.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62004 on: February 20, 2020, 03:20:36 pm »
I know it is still almost two months away, but can anyone tell me why the fuck Joyce is 3/1 to beat Dubois and 15/2 to win via stoppage? Those are utterly insane odds, and it seems as if the bookies are aboard the hype train too. Don't get me wrong, Dubois has a bundle of talent but he is a pugilistic puppy compared to Joyce. Joyce moves like a glacier, true, but he is significantly bigger than Dubois, so it is interesting to see how Dynamite handles the superior physical strength of Joyce.

Also, Tyson Fury is an utter weapon and I hope he gets flattened. Alas, Wilder is also a weapon.  :-[

Says a lot more about Joyce than Dubois I think.  Joyce is slow like you say, but he's an arm puncher as well, no real power there.  I think Dubois beats him easily, just because any HW with a pulse beats him easily.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62005 on: February 20, 2020, 03:23:00 pm »
Best bits from the press conference:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6EygsQRiFDY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6EygsQRiFDY</a>

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62006 on: February 20, 2020, 03:25:29 pm »
YOU FEATHER DUSTER!  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Thanks mate, I had a few issues posting the video earlier.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #62007 on: February 20, 2020, 03:46:20 pm »
I need to get me some of those 6 foot nails...

Wilder is thick as mince, and fury is a box o contradiction...both bullshitters.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:57:14 pm by Diomedieocre »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62008 on: February 20, 2020, 04:16:53 pm »
if they both took a lie detector test, it would combust.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62009 on: February 20, 2020, 04:25:26 pm »
Says a lot more about Joyce than Dubois I think.  Joyce is slow like you say, but he's an arm puncher as well, no real power there.  I think Dubois beats him easily, just because any HW with a pulse beats him easily.
Perhaps, but we have to remember that Dubois has beaten nothing but tomato cans. I made a pretty penny backing him to KO Gorman because I knew Gorman wasn't up to much. Joyce doesn't necessarily need power. If he goes into the later rounds, who's to say that Dubois' gas tank won't empty? There are far too many unanswered questions to make him such a prohibitive favourite. He may well answer them comprehensively, but as of now, the jury remains out.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62010 on: February 20, 2020, 04:31:17 pm »
Dubois ain't fighting a Tony Thompson who's not had sex in a 10 weeks, This ain't a Price situation here.  ;D

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #62011 on: February 20, 2020, 04:41:39 pm »
if they both took a lie detector test, it would combust.

Haha so true. Wilder would probably think its jewellery and fury would be calling it a big dosser whilst complaining that its not the lineal lie detector...its a bum.

I enjoy the handbags and gasbags though...fake as it is its entertaining.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62012 on: February 20, 2020, 05:07:04 pm »
Perhaps, but we have to remember that Dubois has beaten nothing but tomato cans. I made a pretty penny backing him to KO Gorman because I knew Gorman wasn't up to much. Joyce doesn't necessarily need power. If he goes into the later rounds, who's to say that Dubois' gas tank won't empty? There are far too many unanswered questions to make him such a prohibitive favourite. He may well answer them comprehensively, but as of now, the jury remains out.

Joyce doesn't exactly have a CV full of all timers either.  I think they're both hype jobs to be fair, just my eyes are telling me that Joyce is the worst of the two.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62013 on: February 21, 2020, 11:00:37 am »
So no face off at the weigh in for the Fury v Wilder fight! Isn't that what makes gives  Boxing that extra buzz..

My thoughts it will be Wilders camp who don't want it because they have ready reduced the face to face press conferences compared to last time.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62014 on: February 21, 2020, 11:05:39 am »
They already had the face to face  close up interview mate. It's on the video Rebel provided a few post's up.   You Big Dosser! ;D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #62015 on: February 21, 2020, 11:06:52 am »
Fella in work truly believes Tyson'll win in 2

Wouldn't put money on it sadly  :D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #62016 on: February 21, 2020, 11:26:56 am »
People also saying Fury will get a points decision. In Vegas. Against an American.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62017 on: February 21, 2020, 11:42:34 am »
No face-off after the weigh-in for a huge heavyweight fight, what a stupid decision. Boxing is becoming so soft nowadays.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62018 on: February 21, 2020, 11:49:27 am »
People also saying Fury will get a points decision. In Vegas. Against an American.

Yeah because that's how shit Wilder is at boxing.  ;D

Also Vegas isn't as corrupt as it used to be...in boxing terms.  ;D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62019 on: February 21, 2020, 01:04:41 pm »
Fella in work truly believes Tyson'll win in 2

Wouldn't put money on it sadly  :D

That would be quite something ;D

I'm probably the most bullish in here thinking Fury could get a late KO but even then I accept that I'm going against the grain!

Part of me thinks that the money men in the US might be swinging behind Fury rather than Wilder.  For some reason no one seems arsed about Wilder over there.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #62020 on: February 21, 2020, 01:32:25 pm »

I'm probably the most bullish in here thinking Fury could get a late KO but even then I accept that I'm going against the grain!

Part of me thinks that the money men in the US might be swinging behind Fury rather than Wilder.  For some reason no one seems arsed about Wilder over there.

Fury's boxing licence is through Nevada State now he's given up his BBBoC one and hype/appeal wise he seems to have a bigger draw than Wilder so I'm sure promoters and those involved in the game over there
wouldn't be at all disappointed if he comes out on top.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #62021 on: February 21, 2020, 01:38:54 pm »
Yeah because that's how shit Wilder is at boxing.  ;D

Also Vegas isn't as corrupt as it used to be...in boxing terms.  ;D

No way Fury gets a points decision in America (outside of obvious 8 point rounds).

Fury wins then Hearn gets his Joshua fight at Wembley or Abu Dhabi. Wilder wins then keeps the fight in America

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62022 on: February 21, 2020, 01:45:17 pm »
Wilder on points is 12/1. Worth a dabble?

Offline timbucktoo

• Dreams of a threesome with Oprah Winfrey or Whoopie Goldberg
  • Kopite
« Reply #62023 on: February 21, 2020, 01:51:38 pm »
Anyone any idea of ring walk time GMT?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62024 on: February 21, 2020, 02:00:07 pm »

He's not looking for a points victory, and never has mate.

You're talking 4am our time mate. Maybe a bit earlier depending on the undercard.  :D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 02:03:32 pm by Samie »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62025 on: February 21, 2020, 02:03:23 pm »
No way Fury gets a points decision in America (outside of obvious 8 point rounds).

Fury wins then Hearn gets his Joshua fight at Wembley or Abu Dhabi. Wilder wins then keeps the fight in America

Mate Wilder still the B side in this fight.  No one in the States gives a fuck about him before the first Fury fight. The man was struggling to sell out his home town arena. ;D He just happens to be the best of a bad bunch of Americans since the Tyson/Holyfield era. With devastating power that makes him somewhat a highlight.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #62026 on: February 21, 2020, 02:17:50 pm »

The Metro reckoned today "The fighters will make their ring walks at some time between 4am and 5am on Sunday, depending on the length of the undercard bouts." 

Late / early ???

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62027 on: February 21, 2020, 03:03:43 pm »

I don't see it. He'll lose every round. Fury by SD is 14-1 and I'd say that's more likely, since you always get one bent judge.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62028 on: February 21, 2020, 03:06:32 pm »
And usually one of the Vegas judges are so bent they make Fordy talking about Amir khan look like he's talking about a mate.

Offline crewey

• Main Stander
« Reply #62029 on: February 21, 2020, 03:26:43 pm »

According to DAZN 'Main Fight 04:45' that's GMT

Cheers !

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62030 on: February 21, 2020, 03:33:49 pm »
Basically advice to anyone who plans to watch it live is be up for about 4 am.  ;D

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #62031 on: February 21, 2020, 03:36:44 pm »
Basically advice to anyone who plans to watch it live is be up for about 4 am.  ;D

What time is that in the UK Samie?!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62032 on: February 21, 2020, 03:43:08 pm »
 ;D

You bastard's take my CT literally don't ya?  :D

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #62033 on: February 21, 2020, 03:52:57 pm »
;D

You bastard's take my CT literally don't ya?  :D

Just think you're not catering for RAWK's global audience is all. BST, GMT, PST, OMGBBQ - you know - specific timezones

You've got one job...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62034 on: February 21, 2020, 03:56:39 pm »
I'm calling another draw. Just think with their being a rematch clause for the trilogy, it'll be another draw regardless of how the fight pans out.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62035 on: February 21, 2020, 04:00:30 pm »
I'm calling another draw. Just think with their being a rematch clause for the trilogy, it'll be another draw regardless of how the fight pans out.
Can't see it myself. Another draw and the public will simply start losing interest. Someone has to win so that there can be a trilogy. And if somehow that goes the other way we might even get a fourth (!) fight between the two

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62036 on: February 21, 2020, 04:07:21 pm »
Can't see it myself. Another draw and the public will simply start losing interest. Someone has to win so that there can be a trilogy. And if somehow that goes the other way we might even get a fourth (!) fight between the two

A fourth fight would be ridiculous. The first one was shit. This one on Saturday will be shit. Any future fight between the 2 will be shit.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62037 on: February 21, 2020, 04:55:18 pm »
We really don't need a trilogy, this isn't Ali v Frazier. It's not even for the undisputed title, there's only one belt at stake isn't there?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62038 on: February 21, 2020, 05:23:53 pm »
Technically one yes for Wilder's WBC title but also the the Lineal Championship is on the line too.  ;D

But both have signed a rematch clause into their contract so we're getting the 3rd anyway sometime in the future.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62039 on: February 21, 2020, 05:25:05 pm »
I think someone's getting knocked out so the trilogy won't happen for a while anyway.