Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Spurs: Half time.....  (Read 202630 times)

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Spurs February 6th at 20:00
« Reply #720 on: February 5, 2012, 12:39:51 am »
How come they are challenging for the title and we aren't? They have a better manager??

Let's be honest, they have a better squad. We have a better defence, the rest goes to Spurs. Defore has more goals than Suarez and Carroll together.

Quite simple really.

They are a decent side and their two best players, Bale and Modric, are two of the best players in the league and have not been injured for long periods.  They have had few changes to their team.
Three of our best players, Gerrard, Lucas and Suarez have been missing for long periods.  We are a side in transition with Downing, Adam, Enrique, Henderson, Bellamy, Carroll and Suarez not being at the club a year ago.  This has meant that we've shipped few goals and created a lot of chances, but have obviously not converted the chances we created.

If Modric and Bale were both injured Monday night and were out for the rest of the season, Spurs would finish outside the top four, even with the advantage they have.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Brandon@Flowers

• is a Mormon (with a lapsed m)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #721 on: February 5, 2012, 12:41:15 am »
Wow, that OP is despicable. I hate when small clubs are suddenly turned into a big deal, because their fans get arrogant and deluded quickly. That's why I hate City fans.

I hope these c*nts get battered.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #722 on: February 5, 2012, 12:41:52 am »
Quite simple really.

They are a decent side and their two best players, Bale and Modric, are two of the best players in the league and have not been injured for long periods.  They have had few changes to their team.
Three of our best players, Gerrard, Lucas and Suarez have been missing for long periods.  We are a side in transition with Downing, Adam, Enrique, Henderson, Bellamy, Carroll and Suarez not being at the club a year ago.  This has meant that we've shipped few goals and created a lot of chances, but have obviously not converted the chances we created.

If Modric and Bale were both injured Monday night and were out for the rest of the season, Spurs would finish outside the top four, even with the advantage they have.

I don't think Modric has been their best player this season, if anything the hierarchy has been Bale then Vdv, even without those two players they would still manage to finish top 4.

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #723 on: February 5, 2012, 12:44:17 am »
Quite simple really.

Good post, puts the difference between the two teams in context a bit better I think. How long have Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez had on the pitch together compared to Modric, Bale and VdV?

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #724 on: February 5, 2012, 12:47:27 am »
I'm far too biased to do these squad analysis, but Gerrard's better than van der Vaart.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: February 5, 2012, 12:47:53 am »
I don't think Modric has been their best player this season, if anything the hierarchy has been Bale then Vdv, even without those two players they would still manage to finish top 4.

He may not be there best but without him the likes of van der vaart and bale wouldn't see the ball anywhere near as much as they would with modric in the side.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: February 5, 2012, 12:48:44 am »
He may not be there best but without him the likes of van der vaart and bale wouldn't see the ball anywhere near as much as they would with modric in the side.

Yeah true.

Offline Brandon@Flowers

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #727 on: February 5, 2012, 12:49:57 am »
I'm far too biased to do these squad analysis, but Gerrard's better than van der Vaart.

Gerrard doesn't play as AM anymore. Therefore it's pointless to compare them.

They have been injured a lot lately anyway.

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #728 on: February 5, 2012, 12:50:02 am »
How come they are challenging for the title and we aren't? They have a better manager??

Let's be honest, they have a better squad. We have a better defence, the rest goes to Spurs. Defore has more goals than Suarez and Carroll together.

Gerrard's been injured for the majority of the season, Lucas is injured for the rest of the season, Suarez was banned for 8 matches.

There's 3 reasons?

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: February 5, 2012, 12:51:31 am »
Dutch red, the fuck you playing at? Iv spent a couple of hours going through that thread getting more and more wound up and then you go and apologise for our behaviour? after the shite in that thread about us? seriously?
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #730 on: February 5, 2012, 12:52:31 am »
Gerrard doesn't play as AM anymore. Therefore it's pointless to compare them.

They have been injured a lot lately anyway.

He did against wolves at home, united at home in the league, newcastle at home, brighton away and he was moved to the attacking midfield role against oldham in the second half. Only other time he hasn't played there is due to a lack of holding player being available or tactical reasons, i.e city away in the carling cup to get him away from de jong.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #731 on: February 5, 2012, 12:52:40 am »
DutchRed's position is simply untenable at this point.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #732 on: February 5, 2012, 12:54:17 am »
DutchRed's position is simply untenable at this point.

I think we should call for a vote of no-confidence

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #733 on: February 5, 2012, 12:55:33 am »
Who the fuck is Dutch Red? What has he done or not done?

Offline Brandon@Flowers

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #734 on: February 5, 2012, 12:55:38 am »
Gerrard's been injured for the majority of the season, Lucas is injured for the rest of the season, Suarez was banned for 8 matches.

There's 3 reasons?

We didn't look like we were going to challenge for the title while Lucas and Suarez were playing together. Our goal has been top 4 and it was tough as it was.

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: February 5, 2012, 12:56:04 am »
Good post, puts the difference between the two teams in context a bit better I think. How long have Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez had on the pitch together compared to Modric, Bale and VdV?

Don't have the data, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lucas, Suarez and Gerrard had played in less than a handful of games together.  Gerrard missed most of the second half of last season and the start of this one, Lucas got injured, Suarez got banned, Gerrard returned... like a revolving door policy.
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #736 on: February 5, 2012, 12:59:17 am »
Fuck them, we are Redmen, we are Liverpool!
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: February 5, 2012, 01:04:08 am »
Who the fuck is Dutch Red? What has he done or not done?
He's a nice kid on here who's sometimes too nice. And has been elected to speak up on the whole forums behalf. But me, and a few other posters, clearly missed the election.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline Jetmir M.

• Kopite
« Reply #738 on: February 5, 2012, 01:05:26 am »

And you know this how? Considering even with them they're not guaranteed a top 4 finish with the fixtures they have coming up

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: February 5, 2012, 01:22:09 am »
I think we should call for a vote of no-confidence
Has there been a vote from the start?   ???
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline The Portuguese Kopite

• 16? Yes. Naive? Maybe. Man enough to apologise when he's been a tool? Definitely. Megalolz.
  • Kopite
  • An American-Portuguese English football fan.
Liverpool v Spurs February 6th at 20:00
« Reply #740 on: February 5, 2012, 01:23:19 am »
The only way Tottenham will win this game is the way they win 95% (if not more) of their games: through the midfield. Which is why I think Carroll's hold up play will be very important for us to spark some attacks and keep the game under our control as it won't be easy for us to initiate attacks from the midfield.

Henderson's work rate alone is why I'd like to see him in the lineup over Adam. I'd also like to see Kelly take on Bale, but I'm not sure if Kenny's going to drop Johnson for this match.

A nice win would be great, shut the clowns up.

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: February 5, 2012, 01:33:28 am »
Hah some guy on that hilarious spurs forum quoted this squad comparison and then said following:

Seriously? lol

Hello sad Spurs fan who spends his time on other "deluded" club's forums :wave

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #742 on: February 5, 2012, 01:36:58 am »
LFC 4 - 0 DLFD

(Although if it's on ice they might do better)
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #743 on: February 5, 2012, 01:41:26 am »
theres a reason why they hate coming to anfield...same goes for man u ....barca...real madrid...juventus..man city....inter..the list goes on...be afraid spuds....be very afraid....the 3 pts are ours and you know it!....
you lose on monday...the dreams over...modric is gone...bale will have to think about it....lennon and defoe?...arry?...the collapse is not far away...what then?
« Last Edit: February 5, 2012, 01:44:11 am by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #744 on: February 5, 2012, 01:46:00 am »
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: February 5, 2012, 02:02:36 am »
Hah some guy on that hilarious spurs forum quoted this squad comparison and then said following:

And they call us delusional?

Could be if he wasn't injured all the time.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #746 on: February 5, 2012, 02:17:34 am »

In terms of comparing players;

Reina > Friedel
Johnson > Walker (just)
Agger > Dawson
Skrtel < King
Enrique > Assou Ekotto

Yes, I think our defence is superior. The Skrtel loss and Johnson win were close but overall I'd rather out defence than theirs.

Kuyt < Lennon
Adam < Modric
Lucas > Parker
Downing < Bale
Gerrard = VdV
Suarez > Adebayor

Their midfield is clearly superior, barring Lucas. Gerrard at his peak is better than VdV but in truth, VdV is playing no worse than Gerrard atm. Suarez and Adebayor is also close, but Luis edges it due to skill and flamboyance.

Johnson JUST better than Walker? Really? It beggars belief how underrated Johnson is, even amongst our own fans

Gerrard and VdV are at the same level? Really? STEVEN Gerrard?

I'm not sure whether they are man for man better than us, but at the moment they are a better team and far more cohesive.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #747 on: February 5, 2012, 02:22:01 am »
Could be if he wasn't injured all the time.

Agreed. He's been fit quite a lot this season and they've been rock solid at the back. He would easily be the best centre back in the league, if not Europe, if he kept fit. If I was picking someone to be my centreback in a dream team, a fit Ledley King would be my first choice.
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: February 5, 2012, 02:22:19 am »
They've been playing alot better than us so far this season.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline shawnk

• redemptn
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #749 on: February 5, 2012, 02:29:22 am »
Spend a year working with our record signing, building up his confidence, adapting him into the side...then as soon as it shows signs of bearing fruit - bench him for the biggest home game of the season.

Come back Andy Townsend's tactics truck...all is forgiven

You are right, we should protect him. Against a tough team like Spurs, we may want to protect his confident from harm.
Two good games from AC and ppl start wanking on him, until he shows some consistency then we'll see we go from there.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: February 5, 2012, 02:42:15 am »
Skimmed over a bit of the 1st page of that spurs forum before I gave up. I just love how we are supporting a PROVEN racist. Fucking Kim Jong Il wasn't this good at the old propaganda.

Offline hitman89762000

• Young Glasshoppel, apprentice to the arlarses. Exponent of The Sandon's original "Hippy Mod In A Headlock" manoeuvre.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never wanting to be a transfer forum mod.
« Reply #751 on: February 5, 2012, 02:59:21 am »
Why the holy fucking fuck is some idiot going  to the spurs forum the fucking spurs forum and apologising for us?!?!?!

Wht te fuck happened to us looking out or our own and telling people if they dont lie it to fucking do one?

Any spurs fans reading this i on dislike your club youve got a decent side however european cup quater final side does not = a fucking big club! I did respect the way levy stood firm over the modric shambes in the summer but that doesnt show ya as a big club.

Dutchred fucking behave yourself.

We look out for our own.
@Robbie9Fowler robbie fowler
@ @hitman8976rawk big spunky seaman was fookin massive... I saw the devil in his eyes and shit my undercrackers

PLEASE Sign Kevin Williams 15yeatr life ended at Hillsborough. His inquest is urgent for his terminally ill mum. http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/40925

a tweet fro

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #752 on: February 5, 2012, 02:59:55 am »
Just had a glance on the Spurs forum. Weren't they the ones to sing racist chants at Adebayor?

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: February 5, 2012, 03:20:19 am »
I've come to the conclusion that most fans from every other club in this league are c*nts, the only ones i could partially stand are Arsenal fans judging from the ones i've met.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #754 on: February 5, 2012, 03:29:02 am »
Just had a glance on the Spurs forum. Weren't they the ones to sing racist chants at Adebayor?

yep, and sol cambell.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #755 on: February 5, 2012, 03:29:19 am »
Against a tough team like Spurs, we may want to protect his confident from harm.

Wouldn't he more likely lose confidence by being dropped? He should start.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #756 on: February 5, 2012, 03:31:57 am »
Any danger of the match being cancelled? I've spent £300 on a match break for me and my mate and the train service in brum has stopped today. I'll be gutted if the trains aren't running on monday  :'(

I was really looking forward to wearing my Suarez t-shirt

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #757 on: February 5, 2012, 03:37:22 am »
17 pages?

What a sad set of fucking smalltime c*nts.

What a club they are though, eh? What a club. Three trophies in the last 30 years. Fucking massive massive club they are. We're just a joke nowadays, now that the mighty Spurs have overtaken us and finished above us three times without winning a single thing. They even got to the Champions League quarter finals, you know. The quarter finals!! What. A. Club.

I hope one day we can be as good as they are, as big, as mighty. I hope one day players from all over the world talk about us like they do them. I hope we can one day win three trophies in 30 years of existence, and that our name is in the 'They played good football once' history books (those things DO exist, right?). Why the hell are we winning 22 trophies in the last 30 years of OUR existence when everyone knows that a big juggernaut of a club wins three alone?! Why the fuck do we have to go and embarrass ourselves by trying to win yet another one later this month?! How fucking stupid are we going to look when we've won TWENTY FUCKING THREE trophies compared to their three?

One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again. I was there. I watched them play football, like other clubs played football, but not quite the same because there was a difference in their football, and I was there. I can tell you some stories about the three trophies Spurs won from 1982 onwards. Stories of bravery, how we sacrificed all other trophies during the same period because three was quite enough. Our status as a huge fucking juggernaut of a club was solidified with just those three. Players from all over the continent and the world said "Who?" when they were asked about us, sometimes turning the volume down on their tv just to do so, as they did not wish to be distracted by the sounds of Liverpool winning yet another trophy in late February 2012, taking their total to something astronomical. I can tell you some stories, my lad. Stories of bravery, of daring managers who hid cash from people who actually wanted that cash, stories of monkey looking players who also won absolutely nothing, stories of players leaving the summer afterwards and us suddenly realising we'd not win anything anymore at the same time as not actually winning anything....."

Oh why can't we be more like Spurs?! WHY?!! It's so unfair. I want to win nothing too!!! WHY CAN'T WE JUST PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE SPURS AND WIN NOTHING!!! IT MATTERS SO FUCKING MUCH!!!

What a club. What. A. Club.

:lmao

Maybe DutchRed can quote that and beg forgiveness at the same time for it.
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline ToddsonHoddson

• Eater of hats
  • Main Stander
  • Deep Tech Disco House
« Reply #758 on: February 5, 2012, 03:45:01 am »
I understand that my view is biased but I genuinely think we have an overall better squad than Tottenham. I think the reasons they are challenging for the title aren't that they are technically better than us, but more to the fact that they have had longer to develop than us.

Harry Redknapp took over Spurs in 2008 - Kenny Dalglish on the other hand took the reigns in 2011. Straight away there is a pretty large, obvious reason that Spurs would be further along than us.

Gareth Bale signed 2007
Luka Modric signed 2008
Jermaine Defoe signed 2009 having already played 4 years previously
Van Der Vaart signed 2010

Compare this to:

Luis Suarez signed 2011
Andy Carroll signed 2011
Charlie Adam signed 2011
Stewart Downing signed 2011
Jordan Henderson signed 2011

Bale and Adebayor are joint top scorers, both with 9 goals. Liverpool's top scorers are Bellamy and Suarez joint with 5 a piece. You could argue that Luis' tally would be higher had he played in the last 7 or so prem games. You could also argue that if Steven Gerrard had been playing all season, he would be up there too.

Spurs' goals are spread pretty evenly across the board, give our team more time to gel and this would be the case for us too. Fully fit we are technically better than them IMO we just need more time.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.