Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3083222 times)

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #3760 on: May 29, 2023, 08:54:31 am »
Need the rush of some transfer news mannnn, not Mac Allister as that's already done.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3761 on: May 29, 2023, 08:55:51 am »
Chelsea going ahead for Ugarte then. Not sure how they can buy more players without selling. They simply do not respect ffp

We’re the only club that do and funnily enough should be able to spend loads without having to worry about it this summer but I fear we won’t do enough already!

But let’s see, big summer ahead for the whole club.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3762 on: May 29, 2023, 09:02:24 am »
There are new Fifa financial regs coming this summer, Chelsea are going to have to sell a magaton of players.
Fire sale, with plenty if petrol.

Colwill please.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3763 on: May 29, 2023, 09:10:13 am »
Of course out of Caicedo & Mac Allister we get the one that doesnt have pace.
Good player but doesnt solve our biggest issue & we have to pay huge money while if we contacted him last autumn he was for free.
Terrible planning but that is how we do things now

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3764 on: May 29, 2023, 09:14:29 am »
The question has to be asked, if we keep the same system for next year, how many creative players in midfield do we really need?

3 Forwards
1 hybrid right back / playmaker
2 additional 8/10 hybrids?
we probably need at least one forward
No new defensive midfielder

This seems OTT going forwards to me unless we are buying one 8 for the bench, not signing a defensive midfielder is 100% a mistake

In defence we probably need two centre backs or one CB + one who can play CB+RB

so all of the above points to us going into next season with a squad which is short in 2-3 positions, i don’t see us signing more than 4 players and we probably need 6

I think this depends on what we want to do with Trent..
Do we move him into midfield permanently, or do we keep him as a right-back-hybrid-midfielder? We'll have to see who we go for at right-back(or even CB).
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3765 on: May 29, 2023, 09:27:39 am »

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
3m
Understand there’s a permanent deal bid on Liverpool table from club abroad for Fabio Carvalho. 🚨🔴 #LFC

There are also many loan deal bids from PL clubs but Carvalho is not accepting as project will be crucial for his decision.

Klopp, aware of his intentions. Talks ongoing.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3766 on: May 29, 2023, 09:29:12 am »
Good player but doesnt solve our biggest issue & we have to pay huge money while if we contacted him last autumn he was for free.

Yeah there was some shocking lack of planning there with MacAllister given his contract situation.

Re his position. No way does he got straight into LCM right now. He goes straight into RCM. Jones is much better in this new role than any other midfielder we have, not a chance MacAllister displaces him.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3767 on: May 29, 2023, 09:29:29 am »
There are new Fifa financial regs coming this summer, Chelsea are going to have to sell a magaton of players.
Fire sale, with plenty if petrol.

They’ll sell players before the 30th of June.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3768 on: May 29, 2023, 09:30:09 am »

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
3m
Understand there’s a permanent deal bid on Liverpool table from club abroad for Fabio Carvalho. 🚨🔴 #LFC

There are also many loan deal bids from PL clubs but Carvalho is not accepting as project will be crucial for his decision.

Interesting. Do we sell or loan.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #3769 on: May 29, 2023, 09:30:36 am »
I thought Fab was on the mend but the way he had no recovery pace once Southampton (literally the worst team in the league) were past him was shocking to behold. If Klopp was under the illusion he could get away without getting a number 6 then yesterday would have been a wake up call.
Yeah that 3rd from Southampton, he was quite shocking. In no man's land- not sure what to do, then reacting too slowly and the rest, as they say...
Our midfield in general, was absent.
I can understand that he was the sole midfielder at the time, but he should've at least made the tackle. The effort is typical of a guy who just had a short sprint and is gassed.
Poor lad. He's been a great servant, but his legs look gone, and his energy levels aren't what they used to be.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 09:37:23 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3770 on: May 29, 2023, 09:30:55 am »

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
3m

Carvalho was a clever signing. We were always going to make a healthy profit if he didn’t make an impact.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3771 on: May 29, 2023, 09:31:53 am »

think we can only sell if we got a massive cut of any future move. If we sell him to Porto or Benfica for example for 15m and he explodes he'll be going for 60 or 70 the following summer.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3772 on: May 29, 2023, 09:35:39 am »

This indecision's bugging me.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #3773 on: May 29, 2023, 09:37:00 am »

Mac Allister has decent pace and maintains it for 90+ minutes.

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3774 on: May 29, 2023, 09:37:33 am »
Didn't think we were after Ugarte anymore so why still the talk about him?

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3775 on: May 29, 2023, 09:37:51 am »
Loan.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3776 on: May 29, 2023, 09:38:32 am »
Yeah there was some shocking lack of planning there with MacAllister given his contract situation.

Re his position. No way does he got straight into LCM right now. He goes straight into RCM. Jones is much better in this new role than any other midfielder we have, not a chance MacAllister displaces him.
The counter argument will be we needed another 6 months of progress.
Well then what the point in our recruitment department if we cant get these playesr before their price explodes in price since we have a limited budget.
We were told we only wanted top tier talent like Bellingham & Tchouameni & now we cant afford those but overpay for players we could have gotten for cheap just 12 months previously.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3777 on: May 29, 2023, 09:38:40 am »
Didn't think we were after Ugarte anymore so why still the talk about him?

Because of this…
Yeah that 3rd from Southampton, he was quite shocking. In no man's land- not sure what to do, then reacting too slowly and the rest, as they say...
I can understand that he was the sole midfielder at the time, but he should've at least made the tackle. The effort is typical of a guy who just had a short sprint and is gassed.
Poor lad. He's been a great servant, but his legs look gone, and his energy levels aren't what they used to be.

We’re desperate for a 6. He’s obviously on the move this summer. We’re desperate for a 6.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3778 on: May 29, 2023, 09:40:47 am »

Fabinho so so poor. How some cant see what a huge issue he is. Hopefully Bajcetic can step up next season. Maybe Thiago as a #6 too

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3779 on: May 29, 2023, 09:41:29 am »

Klopp, the coaches and FSG be like.. No.6 nah..

There is no arguement at all, this isn't a single match and a single example it's basically every single game of the season. The drop from Fabinho is possibly one of the biggest I've ever seen.

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3780 on: May 29, 2023, 09:44:44 am »
Because of this…
We’re desperate for a 6. He’s obviously on the move this summer. We’re desperate for a 6.
Right but that doesn't mean we are after him anymore? All local reporters are saying we aren't?

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3781 on: May 29, 2023, 09:46:14 am »

It's also pretty terrible by Gomez, dropping down full speed and putting zero pressure.
Trent is so far away from the action that he's not even in the frame. Matip ends up having a very akward job there.
We have a lot of work to do, and DM is not the only problem

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3782 on: May 29, 2023, 09:47:25 am »
It's also pretty terrible by Gomez, dropping down full speed and putting zero pressure.
Trent is so far away from the action that he's not even in the frame. Matip ends up having a very akward job there.
We have a lot of work to do, and DM is not the only problem

Exactly our shape shouldn't be so shit that a single ball through leaves them 4 on 3.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3783 on: May 29, 2023, 09:48:18 am »
Why couldn't Macallister play Fabinho's role anyway?
We see all the time how Klopp buys players for a different role than they currently have.

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #3784 on: May 29, 2023, 09:48:19 am »
Bingo!

I think Trent's individual defending at RB has become worse after the change. He got completely toast a couple of times yesterday. He should have a simpler defensive assignment, not a complex one.

I wonder if Klopp would ever get us to buy a quality first team RB?  It’s been our achilles heel for an age.  It wasn’t a major problem over an entire season when the risk-reward football produced a winning machine.  But the entire circa best 15 players were younger and as good as any on the planet.

This isn’t a slight on Trent, his creativity and drive was key to so much.  I’m suggesting a move into midfield.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3785 on: May 29, 2023, 09:50:38 am »

Banging my head against a brick wall but Mac Allister has only come to the fore this season, absolutely no one was interested in him last season. So being critical of the Club for not going for him earlier really isn't fair (you can of course think that he's not the right target, but that's another debate entirely).

One thing Mac Allister should give us is much better ball retention and he's very press resistant. The better we keep the ball the less we are going to get countered on and the less we will need pace in there.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3786 on: May 29, 2023, 09:51:44 am »
I thought Fab was on the mend but the way he had no recovery pace once Southampton (literally the worst team in the league) were past him was shocking to behold. If Klopp was under the illusion he could get away without getting a number 6 then yesterday would have been a wake up call.

It shouldn’t have taken until yesterday to realise we need a starting holding midfielder this summer. Fabinho has been moving like this since the start of the season. Bajcetic can play there but we can’t be relying on an 18 year old to be starting week in week out. Realistically we try and flog Fabinho for £15-£20 mil and bring in someone else. Yes it will be a high turnover in midfield but what’s the point in keeping Fabinho just for the sake of not letting another senior midfielder leave when he’s clearly well past his best.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3787 on: May 29, 2023, 09:51:48 am »

He can't even make tactical fouls anymore FFS and Gomez is not good enough. I honestly don't see a reason why we should keep them two as squad options because they don't offer much these days. Gomez came into the first leg against Madrid and had an absolute mare. We need players that can step into big games and put in a decent performance.

Offline Knight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3788 on: May 29, 2023, 09:52:23 am »
Right but that doesn't mean we are after him anymore? All local reporters are saying we aren't?

Yeah but if you keep talking about it enough maybe RAWK can create a different reality.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3789 on: May 29, 2023, 09:52:55 am »
He wasn't. We won a few games and everyone became complacent again

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3790 on: May 29, 2023, 09:53:41 am »
He can't even make tactical fouls anymore FFS and Gomez is not good enough. I honestly don't see a reason why we should keep them two as squad options because they don't offer much these days. Gomez came into the first leg against Madrid and had an absolute mare. We need players that can step into big games and put in a decent performance.

Would have been interesting to see where Gomez would have actually ended up had the Southampton player not shot. Would he have stopped dropping when he hit the back of the net or would he have ploughed right on through and into the stand?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3791 on: May 29, 2023, 09:54:27 am »

He’s predominantly played on the left though. I think we’ve earmarked him for LCM and have someone else in mind for the right side.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3792 on: May 29, 2023, 09:55:03 am »
Need the rush of some transfer news mannnn, not Mac Allister as that's already done.

He’s not done until the lean. I yearn for the days of Dr Zak’s somewhat sinister posed medical photos as well.

Offline MD1990

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3793 on: May 29, 2023, 09:57:01 am »
Banging my head against a brick wall but Mac Allister has only come to the fore this season, absolutely no one was interested in him last season. So being critical of the Club for not going for him earlier really isn't fair (you can of course think that he's not the right target, but that's another debate entirely).

One thing Mac Allister should give us is much better ball retention and he's very press resistant. The better we keep the ball the less we are going to get countered on and the less we will need pace in there.
He was back in the Argentina squad in January 2022. He was good in the 2nd half of last season. We could have approached him it would have saved alot of money. He started this season very well & signed new deal end of october. If we showed interest he would not have signed a new deal. Seems the WC was when we got interested in him. Just not very clever.

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3794 on: May 29, 2023, 09:57:18 am »
I know everyone knows we need a DM, but do people here think we’re actually going to sign one this summer?

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3795 on: May 29, 2023, 09:57:30 am »
Would have been interesting to see where Gomez would have actually ended up had the Southampton player not shot. Would he have stopped dropping when he hit the back of the net or would he have ploughed right on through and into the stand?
He did a Skrtel impression there. Needs to be moved on.

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3796 on: May 29, 2023, 10:01:26 am »
I know everyone knows we need a DM, but do people here think we’re actually going to sign one this summer?

Yes. I think we’ll sign a 6, whether one to go straight into starting 11 or a prospect I don’t know.

The noises around that from the local journos echo the goalkeeper situation in 2019.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3797 on: May 29, 2023, 10:04:39 am »
He was back in the Argentina squad in January 2022. He was good in the 2nd half of last season. We could have approached him it would have saved alot of money. He started this season very well & signed new deal end of october. If we showed interest he would not have signed a new deal. Seems the WC was when we got interested in him. Just not very clever.

And throughout that period he was playing pretty exclusively as a 10. So was it the World Cup or was it De Zurbi coming in and dropping him deeper than made us realise that he could be ideal for a role in our team?

There are a multitude of understandable reasons as to why he wouldn't have featured on a list of our targets prior to signing a new contract. Just seems like a real shitty stick to try and beat the Club with, but I guess that's the thing to do nowadays.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 10:06:16 am by LovelyCushionedHeader »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3798 on: May 29, 2023, 10:05:06 am »

I sure hope so.
For me it is the most important position to fix, twice as important as any other issue we have in the squad.
I would rather buy a good number 6 alone this summer, than buy two CM's and a CB.

Online Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3799 on: May 29, 2023, 10:07:13 am »
I’d happily have Lavia as a no.6 he’s got some good engine. Seems a player we will regret not signing him and being patient.